Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Judy
    Quote Originally Posted by butterbean
    That "poem" was added years after we received the Statue of Liberty. I think it should be removed, because it sounds like an invitation for everyone to come here because we will take care of them.
    And the writer, Emma Lazarus, became active in the Zionist Movement to establish a Jewish State in Palestine in the 1880's when she wrote this poem.

Go Figure.

What is the Irony of that today?

I agree with butterbean. That poem needs to be removed and replaced with "No Vacancy".
    Wow, didn't know that......Reminds me of the ADL -- apparently what's good for the goose ain't good for the gander for some organizations. Anyone know Israel's immigration policy??
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

Quote Originally Posted by americangirl
    Hmm...I would ask: "Who hates who?"

The United States is the most charitable country in the world. We have higher annual immigration quotas than all other countries combined.
    AmericanGirl, you are exactly right. The US is absolutely the EASIEST country to legally immigrate to. Which is why the illegal question before us is so important. If illegals don't have the responsibility to legally immigrate to the United States, they DO NOT possess the responsibility to be law abiding citizens. The charity of the American people and our way of life has been sold out to the corporations who increase their profits on the backs of these illegals. The only ones who benefit from illegals are the corporations who hire them.

Along with separation of church and state, the separation of company and state needs to be codified into our Constitution. American business is strong, and more than capable of looking out for itself in a free market economy. Yet, with highly paid lawyers and lobbyists they promote the will of the minority over the will of the majority. Simply to make a buck.

The profession of lobbyist, and any lobbying activity needs to be made a federal offense. It is high time the politicians started listening to the people again, NOT the interests of American businesses and their nice steak dinners.
    [font size=10][b]Apathy[br]Sucks!/[b]

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneAsylum
    Quote Originally Posted by NCByrd
    "The New Colossus"
    by Emma Lazarus.

Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
    With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
    Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
    A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
    Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
    Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
    Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
    The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.
    "Keep ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
    With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
    Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
    Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"
    About time for an updated version.
    I'll start it off with mine.

If, like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
    We'd scan our SOVEREIGN BORDERS land to land
    There east to west, a mighty WALL shall stand
    And PATRIOTS keep a torch alit, whose flame
    Is love of liberty and country, and the name
    "AMERICA"! Here from her beacon-hand
    She'd hold out welcome with an old command
    That all apply through LAWFUL ways, and frame
    Within those bounds their entryway. Adds she
    With silent lips--" Give me your tired, your poor
    Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free
    As long as LAWFULLY they come from teeming shore!
    Send GRATEFUL, HONEST, immigrants to me.
    For THESE (and ONLY these)
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"
    I Love it! Mexicans come like a "thief in the night". America is sick and tired of these illegal "cut-in-line" outlaws.!!!

Welcome to the ALIPAC family !

recce1
    Argentphil (love that avatar )
    speter42

Welcome back Gadfly, we've missed you!

Re: U.S. HAS BECOME A COUNTRY OF PERSECUTION AND HATE

Quote Originally Posted by dianasanchez
    I had to share that yesterday I was listening to a hispanic radio station on my way home from work and an advertisement came on (I think they were playing a musical version of Battle Hymn of the Republic in the background. This guy comes on saying something like:

Friends, in the tablet of the statue of liberty it is written “Give me your tired your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!

But recently, the light of the lamp has gone out, no longer is this a welcoming country, this has become a country of persecution, of hate. If you have friends or relatives that are thinking of coming to the U.S., please ask them to think it over twice or more because we are no longer welcome here.
    LOLOL
    excellent, this is great. the bombastic racial-grievance nonsense they spew within the hispanic community is hilarious and such a bunch of lies, but if it works in our favor, let it work.

he is right in one respect - we don't "welcome" illegal aliens. keep spreading the word you hispanic race-baiters, you are doing our work for us.

U.S.A.- for legal citizens, not illegals!
    "Country of persecution , of hate." You notice how the mindless illegal supporters always use leverage with words like "racist," "bigot," and "hate" in order to get the illegals into the U.S.? Since when is it hate when a U.S. citizen wants their borders protected? Since when is it hate when a U.S. citizen wants their immigration laws enforced? It seems like the illegals and thier supporters hate us.
    The National Council of LaRaza is the largest*hate group.

Everyone HATES the USA. Wants to bomb the HELL out of us.
    If you are a AMERICAN and you go to another country, without a pssport and papers you are considered a TERROIEST.
    You do not belong here they will tell you, and thrown your ass in prison, even in mexico they will do that. You will be tried and convicted in there courts, then send you back, but, there it is considered a crime. Why not here?
    But, If you, committe a crime in other countrys, they will get you. Some countrys will even kill you. No questions asked. Thats it.
    The other countrys including mexico, you can not vote. you have to have a type of working visa to get a job, and sometimes that they wont take it. You cant hold office. And you have to pay to be in another country.
    But, yet we are the only country that does not have a boarder.
    We are the ones who will send AID to any country in the world. No one sends money to us.
    We send billions of dollars to mexico to fight drugs but, yet druga are being brought to our country all the time.
    Since our boarders are freely opened.
    I think that mexico, and the government have there hands in the drugs that are being brought over. And that if anyone gets involed with this that are not suppose to be, like the boarder patrol agents, they will be HARSH sentaces to all who interfere. Sutton is with this and I believe he is also behind this, what happen to the drugs that they got?
    The usa sends all this money to that country and this country, WHY?
    Then the ILLEGALS come over, and they are welcomed with open arms.
    They get everything and they demand it. And the government gives it to them. Do they really know how many are terroiest?
    They all get what ever they want, and they HATE AMERICA while getting all the freebies.
    They are here and BURN the AMERICAN FLAG, because they can, and the cops do nothing.
    If we where to burn the mexican flag they will yell we violate there rights.

To me the reason why others HATE AMERICA is the freedom we have, they cant stand it.

I love AMERICA and I will tell you I HATE these ILLEGALS that are here.
    Lets stop the freebies and make them, since they want to be here, and make them pay taxes. And we need to arrest all these ILLEGALS that are HERE.

Proud to be an AMERICAN

I hope all there friends decide not to come here and the ones that are here go back.
    Some people are alive only because there are laws against killing them.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345