Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Make illegal immigration a felony

Just in case you missed it, here's what I posted earlier.

I have this day sent to my Senators and Congressional Representative the following message:

Dear Senators Burr, Dole and Congressman Taylor,

There is no excuse to not pass the immigration law which will get rid of illegal immigrants. I personally have lost jobs to illegal immigrants in my career as a professional pianist, composer and recording artist. I played five shows a night, six nights a week for over 35 years, 25 of them in New Orleans. When I went to teaching piano full time in 1985 and still playing about 20-25 single jobs a year, I continued to lose work to illegal immigrants who would play for any amount since they didn't pay taxes or AFM union dues.

It is unconscionable to continue to let them get away with it. Making it a felony for the laborer as well as the employer seems a very good idea as it is the employer who needs to be held responsible. If the employer would not hire them, they would not continue to burn up the welfare and social services without paying anything for them.

Please, vote YES for the new immigration law.

Thank you.

Fritz

(You just might cut a little slack for my wife and I - we're refugees from New Orleans. Our home and all of our belongings including my Baldwin 9 foot Concert Grand were destroyed by Katrina. We don't live there any more. The third world banana republic politics, the graft and particularly the crime has driven us away. That and the refusal to live in fear for six months everytime a hurrican season rolls around because the political hacks refuse to rebuild the levees correctly.)

Fritz, I read your first post and know you're doing all you can with Liddy and Burr just like the rest of us.

Sorry to learn you and your wife lost all your belongings especially your piano.

Not only welcome to ALIPAC but welcome to NC as well!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I grew up in the South and my mom taught me to respect other people.
    I grew up in the East, and my mom & dad taught me the same. Do you have some insight I am failing to grasp? If so, pease enlighten me.

Cloud9
    They are not the poor little me immigrant that do jobs American wont do. Most have new cars, fancy jewelry and happily flash their food stamps, and Medicare card.
    You said it, Cloud9. In my work I have illegals all day long utilizing medicaid, while I see Americans (black and white) STRUGGLE and sometimes turn away their medication because they just cannot afford it.
    My black co-workers are strongly against illegal immigration as well as a couple of people I work with who are recent legal immigrants to America.
    In our job, we see it like it really is.

Welcome to Alipac, Cloud9 .
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

My husband is from the West Indies, came here on a permanent Visa, since his mom was already here and married to an American citizen. He served in the military during Vietnam era and is now a US citizen.

I have to correct my previous statement about Bush's radio speech. He stated that he is against amnesty for illegals already here, but wants to give them 'guest worker' status for the next six years..... but is that not amnesty as well?

Did GA residents see the AJC article about the contractor who has lost business because he refuses to hire undocumented workers?

Quote Originally Posted by greyparrot
    BBH wrote:
    I've seen Pres. Bush's recent radio statement on his push for amnesty laws for illegals... and he uttered those words again: "JOBS THAT AMERICANS WILL NOT DO" ?????
    This infuriates me as well. The Government, as well as the MSM (main stream media) would have us all believe that the jobs they are refering to are agricultural or domestic service related (indeed, CNN keeps showing clips of field workers and orange pickers when dicussing the issue).

The truth is the polar opposite. The slogan should be: "Jobs that Americans USED to do for a livable wage." The best example of this is the construction trades. A few short years ago an experienced home framer could expect $18.00-20.00+ an hour for his/her labor. Now we have a massive illegal alien work force that are more than willing to do the same job for $10.00 an hour, or less....under the table. What next? $10.00 an hour coal miners, auto assembly workers, ect.?

Oh, and lest I forget: WELCOME Bornbredhere!
    A perfect example as you say is the meat packing industry as well as the construction trade. Much like the contracting trade, the meat packing was a predominantly American trade that paid faily well (12-14 per hour) that has been taken over by illegal aliens with a resultant drop in the average hourly pay down to less than EIGHT DOLLARS.

I read a statistical page the other day on the over 200 Billion dollars a year in depressed wages for American workers. If you are earning less than $40,000 a year, your wages are depressed by at least three percent, a figure this pro-immigrant source wanted to classify as neglible. If you are earning less than $25,000 a year, that figure jumps up to between 8-10 percent wage depression, a figure that was again dismissed as being negligible when compared to the number of illegal aliens and their families lives who were being positive enhanced through their working in our country...SAY WHAT?

Pinto Bean
    Keep the spirit of a child alive in your heart, and you can still spy the shadow of a unicorn when walking through the woods.

Welcome Cloud9! And yes, Black Americans are losing their jobs to this cheap labor. I listen to the Terry Anderson show on Sunday nights. The show is out of LA, where Terry lives. Terry is a black man who has been fighting this invasion for years. The show gets many calls from Black Americans who have been replaced on their jobs by illegals.The Black construction workers in CA made good money but not anymore. I know President Bush likes to keep saying, "They are doing the jobs Americans won't do", but that is so far from the truth! I know many. many men here in NC who CHOSE to be construction workers when they graduated fron high school, now alot of them are standing in unemployment lines after 20 years of working construction .It's all of us, Cloud9, Black, White, etc., who are being forced out of our jobs due to illegals. We as Americans have got to stand up against this invasion and make our government see that the illegals intentions are more than just doing those jobs, they want this country as their own. They prove that when they REFUSE to assimilate into American ways and language. Yes, Cloud9, the Black Americans are suffering because of this invasion. You fought so hard for your rights and now you are being walked all over again, by illegals.
    "My ancestors gave their life for America, the least I can do is fight to preserve the rights they died for"

And I'd like to point out another thing about black Americans. Unlike the mobs who are gathering in the city streets these days to protest, Black Americans were/are Citizens of the United States of American and they have/had every right to voice their opinion and demand their rights.

The way I see it, illegal aliens don't have the right to demand anything from the American people no matter what color they are, not matter where they came from and no matter what their purpose is for being in this country. They are here illegally. There is a huge difference.

Thanks for the warm welcome!
    JuniusJnr you are exactly right. Civil rights and criminal “rights” are comparing apples to oranges.

Anyone who’s been called a racist should remind them that it was Vicente who said Mexicans do jobs "even blacks don't want" and it was Mexico who said Memin Pinguin stamps promote family values. The illegals are beating the race card to DEATH because they are the real racist.

After the series of racist crap, I think they erased any chance of help from black leaderships.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast