Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I agree MW. They are trying to sway the thoughts of the American people. Good Luck with that. If anything, I think that more people would vote against John McCain because they do not want the bail out to pass.

The Democrats are cracking me up because they have been saying that it was the President and Paulson that made them aware of this situation, and that they so graciously tried to work in a bi-partisan way with the Republicans. They are over explaining how they are trying to help the American people.

They ended saying that they hope to work with Republicans.

The game is on again.

Ephesians 4:32
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

working4change
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeach
    zeezil, this was said on CNBC when Senator Judd Gregg was interviewed.

I have already contacted two of the leading Senators who have been tasked with pulling House Republicans over to their side on the bail out. These are Senators Lamar Alexander and Senator Bob Corker of Tennessee. Senator Corker is a regular commentator to the media on the need for the bail out.

Just called and faxed Alexander and Corker also Georgia

Thank you working4change. An Alipac hug to you. When you see Senators Corker or Alexander on TV, you will know that they heard from you.

Many people may not be aware, but Tennessee residents will be hit with a 20 percent increase in the utilities from Tennessee Valley Authority. Some local utility companies may refuse to sock this rate hike on to the citizens. How will lower income and seniors be able to pay their utility bills with this huge increase? Senator Alexander is an apologist for TVA and he and Corker now want to further burden Tennesseans and the American people.

They will try to use the stock market numbers to force action now too. This will eventually occur regardless due to bad practices. There will be a shake out of those who have conducted their financial affairs properly and those who may have shaded the truth or done risky lending, etc.

But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

NYT quote

Should the measure somehow clear the House on a second try, the Senate is expected to vote later in the week. The Jewish holidays and potential procedural obstacles made a vote before Wednesday virtually impossible, but Senate vote-counters predicted that there was enough support in the chamber for the measure to pass. President Bush has urged passage and spent much of the morning telephoning wavering Republicans to plead for their support.
    They will try this again, by hook or crook. Keep up the pressure. The moneymen want their money and they will take it from your freedoms/liberties and blood, if they have to. Keep calling, keep faxing!!

Keep calling, faxing and emailing!!!

We will not give in to the FEAR card!!!
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

working4change
    Quote Originally Posted by tinybobidaho
    Keep calling, faxing and emailing!!!

We will not give in to the FEAR card!!!

Yes Dont give up or give in to these scoundrels and their scare tactics!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zeezil
    I'll bet we have been set up. They rejected it to give us a hollow victory. Now the Fed is manipulating the markets. Then they'll do a re-vote "to save the market from collapse" thereby saving the American people's investments. On re-vote, the bill will pass.

That's my prediction.
    Wow, I didn't even see that coming. Excellent point zeezil. Wouldn't surprise me one bit.

I called the State Republican Party, and I was told to contact my Rep. and Senators. I asked the State Party to pass the message on that people would not vote for John McCain if he went against the American people and supported the bail out; or if he tried to sway House Republicans. They said that they would.

Maria on CNBC says that there will be a rescue (BAILOUT) package. They are going through the list of possibilities if the bail out is not passed.

They are showing the large crowds outside on Wall Street.

Re: WARNING: The Bail Out Vote is Still open and can change

Quote Originally Posted by judyweller
    Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    Friends,

You know how tricky the ruling powers get in DC on something like this.

According to this source, the vote is still open and the Dems and Reps are still negotiating trading votes because they are scared to death they will lose.

They ALL RECOGNIZE THAT PEOPLE BACK HOME HATE THIS BILL AND THAT WHAT THEY ARE DOING BY VOTING FOR IT IS AGAINST THE WILL OF THE PEOPLE!

House Rejects Bailout: Stocks Tumble But Vote Still Open
    http://finance.yahoo.com/tech-ticker/ar ... Still-Open

W
    Legislatively what you are saying is NOT correct. The Bill has been defeated BUT A MOTION TO RECONSIDER can have the bill brough back for a SECOND VOTE. This would be a BRAND NEW VOTE -- and would only be done if the whips think they actually have the votes to pass it.

The VOTE IS NOT OPEN - it has been formally closed and recorded.

If they can corral enought votes they won't try again.
    I'm not saying this, the source article is saying this. I just placed it here for your to review and decide if the source is correct or not. The only position I am taking is that part about Washington knowing what they are doing is against the will of the American public.

W

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast