Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Wow. I guess it is true that you learn something new everyday. Here I was, thinking that helping out people who are much less fortunate then me would be a goood thing. Well, it turns out God hates them, they are unforgiveable sinners, and I am supporting child sex slaves. As I said.....wow.

So let me see if I have this straight. The government of the illegal immigrants is against them because they are a burden to their struggling economy. This government is against them because they lower wages so it deports them. You are against them so you try to influence the rest of the citizens to get on your side. Organizations that try to help the illegal immigrants are racist, communist, and should be destroyed. I believe they should be offered a chance to make up for their mistakes, so now I am a diabolic troll. And God can't stand them.

I cannot believe I am the only one who thinks this is all pathetic. EVERY SINGLE PROBLEM YOU STATE CAN BE SAID ABOUT AMERICAN CITIZENS!!!!!!!

You argue illegal immigrants bring in drugs. Well, who is buying them? Elementary economics states the laws of supply and demand. Why don' t you ask who is buying all this junk?

You say illegal immigrants are taking food stamps. If you say they are the only ones, you are full of it. Many, many Americans are not looking for employment, they collect food stamps, and at the same time receive unemployment. Should they go to jail?

You combine illegal immigrants with thugs and gangsters. Well, as I have previously said, every few years, hundreds of thousands of tax dollars are used to protect the KKK to come and preach about hate. But they are citizens, so do I not have a reason to be mad?

You say there is no job American citizens are not doing. Well, in agriculture, I have seen many. Yea yea, I know. It's because of the "low wages." But since you all love talking about facts so much, there is one right there.

You say "the law is the law." Well, it has already been settled that the 14th amendment gives the kids of illegal immigrants the same rights of me and you. THEN ACCEPT IT!!! THE LAW IS THE LAW!!!!!

It is sad to see so many people get carried away in this illegal immigration issue. The republican Congress must be laughing their butt off seeing how easy they diverted all their failings to the fault of illegal immigrants.

The war on drugs: "we are going nowhere with this. some illegal immigrants do smuggle them to the country. hell, blame it on them!"

The war on terror: "we have blown up two countries and all we have accomplished is a civil war. lets put our campaign platform that to win the war on terror, we have to get rid of the illegal immigrants!! I mean, a person from the middle east could easily come here with the illegal mexicans!"

Our enourmous national debt: "illegal immigrants are the cause of this. they are taking all the food stamps. "

Our insane standards of education: "illegal immgrants make schools to big. they make everyone else not feel comfortable. It is their fault!!"

Cities and crime: "the illegal immigrants are the cause of this, and only the illegal immigrants."

Social security crisis: ( o yea. illegal immigrants only get money taken from them but they can never claim any. thats why i never hear any of this)

Global warming: "illegal immigrants pass too much gas"

In conclusion, Congress has failed us is about a million ways. They have based all of thier failing to illegal immigrants so now, since it is ELECTION YEAR, they are acting as if they give a damn about the American people. Every "sin" commited by an illegal immigrants is also done by American citizens. A straight and simple truth. I don't hear anyone getting hyped up about jailing them. Why? Because you refuse to believe it. As said by our republican congress, "ALL OF OUR NATIONS PROBLEMS ARE BECAUSE OF THAT GUYS WITH THE SOMBRERO." Please.

Posted By Axman - A Letter to Your Major

Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 7:27 am Post subject: Do this in your City

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just sent this email to the Mayor of Columbus, Ohio where I live.
    He is a good man, and I hope he reads it.
    We need more Cities across America to follow the example being set by patriotic towns like Hazelton, PA

Honorable Mayor Coleman

I am writing to you sir as a very concerned citizen of Columbus, Ohio and the United States of America.

Mr. Coleman in view of Columbus's overwhelming population of illegal immigrants I urge you to take action to help protect the citizens of the city and by extension the country from the loss of jobs, the burdening of our social structure, and increased crime due to the un-abated flow of illegals in our city, and country.

Many cities and towns across America are enacting their own laws in lieu of the inaction by the Federal Government to stem the tide of illegal immigrants.
    There is overwhelming support for these laws by the legal citizens of this country. It seems as though there are only two groups that seem to want the illegals here.
    One group is obviously the illegals themselves, and the other is the one party ruled Federal Government.

I have been voraciously reading and researching this very important issue that faces our entire nation. With the recent protests by the illegal immigrants protesting in the streets of this country waving foreign flags while burning ours, and saying things like "gringo's go home to Europe, this is our country" makes their efforts nothing short of an invasion of a foreign army on our soil.
    Political parties such as La Raza (the race) not so secretly advocate a violent takeover of much of the S.W. United States. They call it Aztlan, their ancestral homeland. Can we afford to stand by and watch this happen?

On July 13 of this year a great man, the Honorable Mayor Barletta of Hazelton, PA. decided enough is enough. He and his council enacted laws to protect the legal citizens of their community while effectively making it nearly impossible for illegals to exist there. Most if not all of the surrounding communities of Hazelton are in process of enacting the same type of laws to make sure they don't get stuck with the illegals that will no doubt be moving on now.

Other municipalities across the country also are acting to address the illegal immigration problem. Ordinances similar to the Hazleton measure have been proposed in the Florida communities of Palm Bay and Avon Park and the California towns of Escondido and San Bernardino.
    It is quickly catching on across the country. The legal citizens of the United States want action, not more rhetoric as is evidenced in polls, blogs, and many 'mainstream' media outlets.

I know that immigration is a Federal issue and there will no doubt be challenges to the ordinances enacted by individual cities, but, I can't help thinking that if more cities, towns, or states take it upon themselves to protect our citizens and our country that it will be much harder to challenge them.

The opponents to any laws or legislation that deny or restrict illegal immigrants would have you believe that this is a racist cause. I assure you sir that it is not.
    This is an issue of preservation of our jobs, safety from illegal immigrants that do not follow our laws, and to relieve our over-burdened social infrastructure. The law-abiding citizens of this country, state, and city pay for the illegal immigrants schooling, health care, etc.

The proponents of laws like the one in Hazelton, PA. are a very diverse group that encompasses every race and religion. Most legal immigrants even support these laws. After all, they became citizens of The United States of America via legal avenues that were and still are available to any that follow the rules.
    The Federal Government would just change the law to make it legal instead of dealing with the 12 million law breakers.
    By that line of thinking, we could stop all murders in this country by legalizing it, does that make any sense?

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to use these words and just change the names if you want to

You say "the law is the law." Well, it has already been settled that the 14th amendment gives the kids of illegal immigrants the same rights of me and you. THEN ACCEPT IT!!! THE LAW IS THE LAW!!!!!
    If a law is UNCONSTITUTIONAL, we, the American people have a track record of changing them. It does take time to accomplish this if one prefers abiding by the Rule of Law.

ie: Slavery

You had better get used to the fact that this Unconstitutional Law will be overturned.

It is already a proven fact that this law is NOT what the authors intended and that stands firm in their written words.

Helping the unfortunate
    Have you, Chico, helped Americans or are you strictly a one note band?
    Help any Americans lately? Or does your 'charity' begin and end with mexicans?

There is a place where your expertise is sorely needed for the unfortunate. A place where they are not being cared for, are being manipulated and pushed off of their land. It's called mexico.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

2ndamendsis, are you a law professor? Because starting this fall, I am going to college so I can eventually attend law school, and I have a ton of questions! You seem to know so much about the constitutionality of the 14th amendent, and your confidence that it will be overturned is great. But unless you are a law professor, your statement is just an opinion and I don't really care for that.

Quote Originally Posted by chicano
    2ndamendsis, are you a law professor? Because starting this fall, I am going to college so I can eventually attend law school, and I have a ton of questions! You seem to know so much about the constitutionality of the 14th amendent, and your confidence that it will be overturned is great. But unless you are a law professor, your statement is just an opinion and I don't really care for that.
    Have you read the 14th Amendment authors?

My statement is accurate, Chico. Perhaps it would be wise for you to know a little more before you make comments on issues of which you lack the knowledge.

There are many who know much more than I concerning the Constitution. They are working diligently at righting the wrong perpetrated upon the American people re: the unconstitutional supreme court decision concerning the 14th Amendment.

Get used to it.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Check out plyler v doe and the reasoning the supreme court used to come to their conclusion. then let me know what you think.

Check out plyler v doe and the reasoning the supreme court used to come to their conclusion. then let me know what you think.
    Have you read the 14th Amendment authors, Chico?

14th amendment

The provisions in Section 1 ensure that children born on United States soil, with a very small number of exceptions, are U.S. citizens. This type of guarantee—legally termed "jus soli", or "right of the territory"

The phrase "and subject to the jurisdiction thereof" indicates that there are some exceptions to the universal rule that birth on U.S. soil automatically grants citizenship. The Supreme Court precedent set by the case of United States v. Wong Kim Ark interprets the exception narrowly to cover only the following:

Children born to foreign diplomats
    Children born to enemy forces in hostile occupation of the United States
    Native Americans born on tribal lands (these were later given full citizenship by the Indian Citizenship Act of 1924)
    Under this interpretation, the U.S.-born children of illegal immigrants and tourists are automatically U.S. citizens.

Sorry, but the law is the law

14th amendment

The provisions in Section 1 ensure that children born on United States soil, with a very small number of exceptions, are U.S. citizens. This type of guarantee—legally termed "jus soli", or "right of the territory"

The phrase "and subject to the jurisdiction thereof" indicates that there are some exceptions to the universal rule that birth on U.S. soil automatically grants citizenship. The Supreme Court precedent set by the case of United States v. Wong Kim Ark interprets the exception narrowly to cover only the following:

Children born to foreign diplomats
    Children born to enemy forces in hostile occupation of the United States
    Native Americans born on tribal lands (these were later given full citizenship by the Indian Citizenship Act of 1924)
    Under this interpretation, the U.S.-born children of illegal immigrants and tourists are automatically U.S. citizens.

Sorry, but the law is the law
    Read the authors and then we can have an intelligent conversation. Until then, you're useless to the debate.

I don't care if the authors were drunk or high when they wrote the legislation. The point is that I am going by your logic that "the law is the law." If the enforcement of this law comes to question, then the enforcement our our current laws of immigration can also come into question.