Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Re: Immigration Spilling Over

Quote Originally Posted by tyrancdy
    I live in Fox Lake, very near to Waukegan and the Waukegan immigration problem is spilling over into the smaller towns and communities near and around Waukegan. Round Lake and Round Lake Beach are a grove for Hispanic Gangs and gang violence. I just posted an article yesterday from our local newspaper. the title of my post is "Local Newspaper Encouraging Illegal Immigration". I will take the time to write to the Major of your city expressing my concern over the deterioration of your town. As you are well aware the smaller communities around and near Waukegan are starting to experience the spillover. Thank You for the article and I will do what I can to help.
    Welcome to my topic -as you can see it's taken on a life of it's own!! I am thrilled that you are going to write a letter to our mayor. He and the council need to start acting about the illegal aliens. I admit I did not concsider the 'spillover' effect. Ask your friends and family to do the same. Movements start small and then get a life of there own. I think we should contact ICE gangs, criminals, those who ignored deportation) and ask for them to make a sweep in our area. The more that call maybe... Again, I ask if any others would like to help -I'll leave the links. The more the mayor hears from the better.

mayor@ci.waukegan.il.us mayor

wbiang@waukeganpd.net police chief

http://www.waukeganweb.net/departmentalemail.html

http://www.waukegan.org/Forum/Default.asp

Report to ICE (866) 347-2423 option 1
    Report to EEOC (800) 669-4000
    Report to Federal Employment Immigration Case Workers (202) 693-0051

To report companies that hire illegals email or visit the site below.

illegalemployers@hotmail.com
    http://wehirealiens.com/

Okay folks, carry on but remember to help if you can - Thank you CheyenneWinab and 2ndamendsis for your comments.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CheyenneWoman
    Hey Dixie:

I'm not real good at this - but didn't Jesus Christ once say:

"The poor you always have with you, but you only have me for a while"?

Or something like that???????
    Yes, he said that to Judas in the previously referenced case of the woman with theoil of spikenard.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by chicano
    Wow. I guess it is true that you learn something new everyday. Here I was, thinking that helping out people who are much less fortunate then me would be a goood thing. Well, it turns out God hates them, they are unforgiveable sinners, and I am supporting child sex slaves. As I said.....wow.
    Well, now your are being dishonest, because the problem is not that you're (so you claim) "helping the poor," but rather that you seek to "help" them with someone else's money. That's stealing.

So let me see if I have this straight. The government of the illegal immigrants is against them because they are a burden to their struggling economy. This government is against them because they lower wages so it deports them. You are against them so you try to influence the rest of the citizens to get on your side. Organizations that try to help the illegal immigrants are racist, communist, and should be destroyed. I believe they should be offered a chance to make up for their mistakes, so now I am a diabolic troll. And God can't stand them.
    That their own government is "against them" is your characterization. I think that many of them don't care whether their government is good, bad, or indifferent. They want the goodies on our side of the fence, so they trespass into our garden to get them. Period.

I cannot believe I am the only one who thinks this is all pathetic. EVERY SINGLE PROBLEM YOU STATE CAN BE SAID ABOUT AMERICAN CITIZENS!!!!!!!
    As a whole or in specific cases? In either case, you're a liar, because it cannot be said that Americans are illegally crossing into other countries to steal their benefits. That's strictly your folks.

You argue illegal immigrants bring in drugs. Well, who is buying them? Elementary economics states the laws of supply and demand. Why don' t you ask who is buying all this junk?
    Well, the illegal aliens are their own best customers.

You say illegal immigrants are taking food stamps. If you say they are the only ones, you are full of it. Many, many Americans are not looking for employment, they collect food stamps, and at the same time receive unemployment. Should they go to jail?
    The food stamps belong to the Americans, you fool. I don't care if my daughter goes to the pantry and drinks my last Coca Cola, but I'll be pretty damned irritated if some stranger comes into my house and takes it!

You combine illegal immigrants with thugs and gangsters. Well, as I have previously said, every few years, hundreds of thousands of tax dollars are used to protect the KKK to come and preach about hate. But they are citizens, so do I not have a reason to be mad?
    Really? Show me what federal grants the KKK is getting.

You say there is no job American citizens are not doing. Well, in agriculture, I have seen many. Yea yea, I know. It's because of the "low wages." But since you all love talking about facts so much, there is one right there.

You say "the law is the law." Well, it has already been settled that the 14th amendment gives the kids of illegal immigrants the same rights of me and you. THEN ACCEPT IT!!! THE LAW IS THE LAW!!!!!
    No, it doesn't. Maybe you should stop talking and start learning. Amendment XIV refers to the children of those people "subject to the jurisdiction" of the United States. Foreigners on US soil are not directly subject to US jurisdiction, and so their spawn are not Americans.

It is sad to see so many people get carried away in this illegal immigration issue. The republican Congress must be laughing their butt off seeing how easy they diverted all their failings to the fault of illegal immigrants.
    This issue is more serious to most of us than almost any other. Defending the country from terrorists doesn't mean much when it's being stolen right out from under you by a bunch on uneducated peasants who believe that they have a right to your property.

The war on drugs: "we are going nowhere with this. some illegal immigrants do smuggle them to the country. hell, blame it on them!"
    Fair enough. And I'll blame soaring insurance premiums and uninsured motorist claims on the rest of the illegals who drive without licenses, insurance, or proper registration. I'll blame soaring sex offense rates on those illegals contributing to that problem. I'll blame the soaring home robbery rates on the illegals whose crimes are causing that rate to soar. Fair enough?

The war on terror: "we have blown up two countries and all we have accomplished is a civil war. lets put our campaign platform that to win the war on terror, we have to get rid of the illegal immigrants!! I mean, a person from the middle east could easily come here with the illegal mexicans!"
    You seem confused. It is the insurgents and terrorists who are blowing up those countries. We took down two despotic regimes, and the remnants of the adherents to those regimes are continuing to cause trouble. It's not that we blew up to countries and got no results. It's that we DID NOT blow up all the bad guys, and so they are blowing the countries up.

Our enourmous national debt: "illegal immigrants are the cause of this. they are taking all the food stamps. "
    True, that's part of the problem.

Our insane standards of education: "illegal immgrants make schools to big. they make everyone else not feel comfortable. It is their fault!!"
    True. Illegals have destroyed the Texas education system, which is on the verge of bankruptcy and has declined from the top half of state education systems to dead last under the burden of ignorant peasant children from south of the border who are more interested in knocking up their classmates than getting an education.

Cities and crime: "the illegal immigrants are the cause of this, and only the illegal immigrants."
    Now you're lying again, because no one has made such a claim. However, illegals are contributing mightily to the soaring crime rates. You cannot argue the actual point, and so you use a straw man argument instead.

Social security crisis: ( o yea. illegal immigrants only get money taken from them but they can never claim any. thats why i never hear any of this)
    False. Illegals illegally receive numerous benefits. All they have to do is get their hands on an SSN.

Global warming: "illegal immigrants pass too much gas"
    Sound like a personal problem you need to resolve with your relatives.

In conclusion, Congress has failed us is about a million ways. They have based all of thier failing to illegal immigrants so now, since it is ELECTION YEAR, they are acting as if they give a damn about the American people. Every "sin" commited by an illegal immigrants is also done by American citizens. A straight and simple truth. I don't hear anyone getting hyped up about jailing them. Why? Because you refuse to believe it. As said by our republican congress, "ALL OF OUR NATIONS PROBLEMS ARE BECAUSE OF THAT GUYS WITH THE SOMBRERO." Please.
    False. Congress has been trying to get us to believe that the illegals are NOT a problem. It is the people ourt here in the real world having to deal with villainous illegal alien scumbags who have the problem with them. whould you like to hear my personal complaints? I'll give you a short list:

House burglarized and vandalized - Perpetrators were gang members who were children of illegal aleins and themselves had no documentation.

Jeep broken into, window smashed, sterring column destroyed - Perpetrator caught inside vehicle by police who saw the broken glass was an illegal immigrant.

Hit and run traffic accident when drunk driver tried to turn right from a left lane and knocked my car into a curb causing $3600 in damages - Police tracked vehicle to an illegal immigrant.

Workshop broken into, several thousand dollars worth of power tools stolen - Police later busted a trio of illegal aliens breaking into workshops and storage buildings, but recovered very little of the stolen property, including none of my own.

Sister's car hit and totalled by uninsured motorist - Motorist was an illegal alien with a warrant out for a previous hit and run.

THAT is my first (but scarcely only) reason for having a problem with illegal aliens.

tyrancdy

First of all, welcome to our forum.

I applaud your letter. Very well written.

I'm sure, if you've been reading this thread, many people are very passionate about their particular beliefs.

We welcome honest debate here, with the understanding that people will respect all the rules.

The young man here called chicano postulates his beliefs, and many ALIPAC members have been asking him to back up his beliefs with facts.

I thought your letter was clear, concise and to the point. We are glad to have someone with your literacy skills on our forum. Please feel free to express your opinion in any debates. That is part of what we're about.

I look forward to more postings from you.

Getting organized

There are numerous Hispanic organizations in Waukegan. If I walked in would I be denied? Here's the latest. And this was on our local newspaper's front page today. If this guy is going door to door how does he know if they are legal or not?

Campaign to register new citizens to vote

MICHAEL SCHMIDT / Staff photographer
    Germain Castellanos (right) and his daughter Delilah, 3, help Rosa Medina register to vote at her home on Butrick Street in Waukegan.

By Ryan Pagelow
    staff writer

With the slogan "Today we march, tomorrow we vote" an immigrant coalition plans to register thousands of new voters this summer. It hopes to build on the momentum of recent massive rallies in favor of immigration reform while Congress is debating what to do with the nation's 11 to 12 million undocumented immigrants.

By the November election, the Illinois Coalition for Immigrant and Refugee Rights plans to register 15,000 new voters and mobilize about 50,000 people to go to the polls. They are hoping to motivate potential voters among naturalized citizens and the U.S.-born children of immigrants.

"We're trying to instill the vote in parents so they'll start it and continue with their children," said Germain Castellanos, coordinator of the New Americans Initiative Democracy Project in Waukegan.

He is going door to door asking residents to register to vote in neighborhoods with large immigrant populations. He's also asking businesses that see a lot of Latino clients to participate by providing clients with information about how to register to vote.

"We're trying to have people register to vote where they wouldn't think about registering. We'll have volunteers outside of grocery stores, volunteers outside the bank to remind them a little bit to vote," Castellanos said. "I'm trying to plant the seed to get people involved in civic engagement."

Nationwide, the percentage of Latinos registered to vote — about 58 percent — lags behind the national average of 72 percent of the adult citizen population, according to a recent report from the Illinois Coalition for Immigrant and Refugee Rights. Only 42 percent of Latino children of immigrants, aged 18 to 24, registered to vote.

The Democracy Project is part of the New Americans Initiative which focuses on registering the estimated 404,000 immigrants eligible to become naturalized citizens in Illinois. In Waukegan there are 7,833 legal permanent residents who are eligible to become naturalized citizens.

"This is really going to affect Waukegan elections if it goes well," said Castellanos.

The recent marches have inspired many more immigrants like Rosa Medina of Waukegan to vote. Originally from San Luis Potosi, Mexico, she became a naturalized U.S. citizen in 1983 when she was a teenager, but registered to vote for the first time last week.

"All the marches that we see taking place here and in Washington made me realize it really affects the people, the way we are living here. We need to vote to make changes," Medina said.

In the weeks prior to the November elections volunteers will call registered voters to remind them to vote. The project is also taking place in other suburban areas in the Chicago area that have large immigrant populations including Elgin, Joliet and Aurora.

Some of the barriers to becoming a citizen are limited English skills, attachment to home countries and the $400 application fee for low-income residents, said Catherine Salgado, a spokesperson with Illinois Coalition for Immigrant and Refugee Rights.

"What we're trying to promote is the importance of changing immigration laws. Right now they are hurting the immigrant community and the only way to change that is to vote," Salgado said.

For more information about registering to vote if you are a U.S. citizen, 18 years old or older, who lives in Lake County, visit the county clerk's office at 18 N. County St., Waukegan, or call (847) 377-2410. Citizens may also apply to register to vote by mailing in an application which can be downloaded from www.co.lake.il.us/cntyclk.

07/19/06
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Chicano,

To understand the correct interpretation of the 14th Amendment we need to understand what the co-author of the amendment wrote about the Amendment. In 1866, Senator Jacob Howard wrote, "This will not, of course, include persons born in the United States who are foreigners, aliens, who belong to the families of ambassadors, or foreign ministers accredited to the Government of the United States, but will include every other class of persons." Senator Howard wrote the addition phrase specifically because he wanted to make it clear that the simple accident of birth in the US is not sufficient to justify citizenship.

The US Supreme Court recognized this when they ruled in 1873 that the phrase (and subject to the jurisdiction thereof) excluded "children of ministers, consuls, and citizens of foreign states born within the United States."

By Jack Ward
    February 4, 2006
    NewsWithViews.com
    Try paying attention to what the authors actually wrote. Then pay attention as they explain what they meant when they wrote it. Children of aliens are EXCLUDED from citizenship, according to the man who co-wrote the 14th Amendment.

Plyler v. Doe will be overturned, I can only HOPE retroactively. You should start packing...

Packing? And go where?

Is that the best you got? You sound like a little kid who is trying to sound tough. Grow up.

Sad that it's me who has to lecture you.

Banned
    Packing? And go where?
    I couldn't care less where your anchor baby butt goes, as long as it is OUT of this country. Go back to the land of your illegal alien forefathers. Go straight to HELL. Go soak your head. JUST GO!

Unless your progenitors got in on one of the multiple amnesties previously perpetrated against the citizens of this country, you have ZERO right to be here.

Like I said, when Plyler v. Doe gets overturned, I pray it's retroactive.

Well you better get use to it 'cause I AINT GOIN NOWHERE !! I love this place. So if you can't stand people like me who have ABSOLUTELY EVERY RIGHT TO BE HERE, then you are the one who should start packing. I suggest Mexico. Maybe you'll learn a thing or two.

Well you better get use to it 'cause I AINT GOIN NOWHERE !! I love this place. So if you can't stand people like me who have ABSOLUTELY EVERY RIGHT TO BE HERE, then you are the one who should start packing. I suggest Mexico. Maybe you'll learn a thing or two.
    And wow! You just got kicked off our boards like we are going to kick your illegal alien butt out of our country.

You have a problem with rules Chicano and our rules say you are not supposed to insult other board users but you do so again and again like there is no payback.

You're banned. Stay off our boards. You can't discuss a topic without hurling insults. Very typical of your side. I am continually impressed with the lack of rational thought and emotional defamatory attacks coming from your side of the issue.

We have to defeat you, otherwise our country will be filled with people that share your lack of values and your lack of civility.

You should try a little harder to assimilate the good things about America and Americans that make you want to come here instead of trying to impose your aggressive and insulting style of attacks to try and get your way.

Our people have work to do designed to defeat you and what you stand for Chicano.

You are banned for not following the rules regarding insulting other users that took their time to discuss this with you.

If you would like to e-mail me an apology, I will post it for the board in your absence.

W