Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I did post a response to ALIPAC’s call for statewide NC action and to count on my support so here’s how I will try in the next two days, Thursday and Friday. If the deadline for sending out this press release is extended to this weekend and early next week, I can do much more. I cannot devote hours any given weekday (or sometimes weekends) in front of my home computer, but this weekend I expect to have a little more time to be at home facing my home computer.

First, I plan to contact local sheriff departments and county commissioners in my area of Eastern Wake County – that is namely the towns of Knightdale, Wendell and Zebulon. Tonight, I’ve been looking for links and email addresses online. These “Town of ___� websites make it difficult to find specific emails for specific officials. Often there is only one main email to “contact.� In one case there was no email contact listed at all on the website. So tomorrow morning I will make some calls to see about obtaining individual emails for staff at police stations and county commissioner offices. I did look up a link at the911site.com. . . provided in this forum that was to list all police departments in the state. Two of the sheriff department’s listed in Eastern Wake County towns came up unknown.

In addition to contacting police and local commissioners in my area, I also plan to contact the local newspaper: The Eastern Wake News. I have more than one contact here. Eastern Wake News has published many articles and editorials on gang activity within this area in the past few months, as well as a controversial “Teen� curfew in the Town of Knightdale where no teen is allowed out after 9:00 p.m. other than very narrow restrictions such as traveling to or from a job, and other strict laws that have angered the community and drawn much outside interest. Go to www.easternwakenews.com and search for “gangs.� This was in response to gang activities. Teens not engaged in gang activities shouldn’t be penalized for those who are nor their parents, who may incur heavy fines if their teens break these new and hopefully short-term curfew laws. The paper also lists websites for several other smaller media papers in the area such as durhamnews, carynews.com, smithfieldherald.com, northraleighnews.com and chapelhillnews.com. I will try to send the press releases to these other media too. I expect the major local paper, the News & Observer out of Raleigh, has already been contacted, probably more than once.

Even though I’ve read some other members are contacting all NC Senators, NC Representatives and Congress, I will plan on at least contacting my own local reps. in these three areas of government.

If anyone else hasn’t already contacted MADD, I will do so, even though I’ve never been a member or financial contributor. I have the email for the North Carolina Chapter of MADD based in Raleigh. Their link provides many other useful emails to send ALIPAC’s press release to, such as the National headquarters of MADD, the NHTSA (Nat’l Hwy Traffic Safety Admin./US Dept. of Transp.), State of NC/Dept. of Transp., NCADD (Natl’ Council on Alcoholism & Drug Dependencies; SAMHSA (Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services Admin./US Dept. of Health & Human Services, etc.

I noted here that members need to also contact district attorneys, judges and radio stations in NC. I will do what I can with the list I’ve already planned and within the next two days. If there are more important contacts to try first, please let me know and I’ll change directions.

I have some more ideas on contacts, but not more important than what ALIPAC has listed or what I've listed here and I believe should be contacted first.
    People who take issue with control of population do not understand that if it is not done in a graceful way, nature will do it in a brutal fashion - Henry Kendall

End foreign aid until America fixes it's own poverty first - me

noillegalimmigrationannie
    I don't think anyone has contacted MADD. But it is a mighty force we need to get behind us on this. They have a strong voice all over the contry. If yo can hit MADD as well as the others you listed that would be great.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Hey folks! We are reading a flatline on press coverage from our release so far. We have gotten the news out on 3 NC Radio stations, but more calls to radio stations would help if anyone can get on the air... mention that local police can and should enforce immigration laws and tell them where you got the info "Americans for Legal Immigration PAC www.alipac.us"

I will advise the Battle for NC list again today, but not the whole National list.

We can probably expect the Charlotte Observer and the Raleigh News and Observer not to say much since their whole message is "its a federal issue" they will try to stick to this to protect their Democratic friends in Raleigh just as they have always done on this issue.

YES SEND THIS OUT TO PEOPLE IN EVERY STATE COAST TO COAST AND ALASKA IF YOU LIKE! WE NEED TO DO ALL WE CAN TO GET ACCURATE INFORMATION INTO THE RIGHT HANDS.

Questions: Have we contacted all fo the sheriffs and city / town police offices? I know that most of the media and all of the NC Gen Assemb has been contacted.

I think we need someone to go on a quest for all of the DA's and all of the County Commissioners around the state.

Any volunteers?

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456