View Poll Results: Has this topic made you think a little bit differently?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 5.26%
  • No

36 94.74%
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Mr. theywantabetterlife, you are the racist. Why can't they do what Chileans did? Why do they run away? I guess Mr. theywantabetterlife, running away and blaming anglos is your answer to everything for the people of Mexico. Where is the national pride? Why don't you try the same rhetoric and abuse(you inflict on americans) in South America? I wonder why...NO, I know why.
    sonali, please look back at my original posting, you are quoting me as saying this I DID NOT! Please edit your posting and remove the part I did NOT write.
    "Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake." -- Louisa May Alcott

Theywantabetterlife, Yes I'm a discriminator and I"m proud of it. Discriminating is the rightful process of the brain. That's how I know a horse isn't a cow or a computer isn't an airplane...and a citizen from a traitor. You write as if being discriminatory is some sort of evil madness when you and your family are engaged in the same discriminatory process. You discriminated AGAINST your homeland. You think that you and your family members are so 'entitled' that you've encouraged them to come here, breaking our laws, so that they might engage themselves in all this 'free' stuff that Americans have worked their butts off--and still are, by the way--to provide for CITIZENS.

You need to go back to your country, now that your eyes are open to their corruption, and lay your lives on the line to correct the wrongs you find. Just as we have, and just as we will continue to do. Spend your time learning about the functions of your government rather than whining because American citizens do not welcome you with open arms. And, when your illegal family members LOSE all that they have gained by theft...do NOT WHINE. They had no right to be here, EVER, and if they've enjoyed ONE DAY of the proceeds of the labor and diligence of our citizens...it's FAR MORE than they will ever DESERVE.

Get out of MY country. We're coming for you. SOON.

RR

No, I'm not an immigrant. I'm an American Indian and this land is MINE, has ALWAYS BEEN MINE and will REMAIN SO.
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

Lets not forget

Another thing that concerns me greatly is the diseases that are bring brought in. This is a ticking time bomb and will be worse than any weapon of mass destruction. Hell, it IS a weapon of mass destruction.
    If you can obtain fake social security cards, drivers licenses, etc. who is to say you are not also obtaining fake IMMUNIZATION RECORDS for your kids? That means that MY kids are being exposed to disease because by coming here illegaly, YOU did not go through the health screening process that is required by LAW when someone immigrates LEGALLY!!! 100 workers at the Marshall Durbin poultry processing plant in Jasper Alabama tested POSITIVE for TB because of exposure from a "former" employee. Care to take a bet of the "former" workers legal status? I would wager that most the these "exposed workers" are illegals themselves.

My husband did not have all of his immunization records when he came and therefore had to get them AGAIN!

Why do you think identity theft is epidemic? Because illegals have created a lucrative market for other peoples identities. I have worked years to establish credit and for someone to STEAL that and USE it without any regard for what it does to the victim is disgusting!

I agree with what my fellow ALIPAC members have said. I would like to add this. If you are a legal"citizen" of this country and came here to make a "better" life, then why are you defending MEXICO and not the US. That is another reason we have immigration laws, to make sure that anyone coming here truly wants to be an AMERICAN citizen and assimilates into the OUR society. Let me ask you this, if America were attacked would you defend her, or run back to Mexico to save your skin. Obviously your loyalty is in the wrong place. The facts are out there and you cannot defend a postion against facts.

Did your post change my opinion, not in the least. How could it when I know what the facts are? The guilt trip tactics are all you have to play. They do not work. Don't look for pity from me!
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God

Re: YOU ALL ARE DISCRIMINATORS AND WRONG!

Quote Originally Posted by theywantabetterlife
    I am a hispanic citizen of this country and honestly think that all of you that joined this group are WRONG! Yes, some illegal immigrants do do some bad and illegal things but not all of them are BAD like you make them look. They obviously came to this country for a better life and to escape from their poor society and environment, and all of you AMERICANS are hating on them. It's not fair, I have family that is here and I know they are not legal, but the truth is that they made a life here, they have kids that grew up here, they have a house, cars, good jobs, etc. Some of them probably live a lot better than some Americans. All of you are discriminators and don't know how life is from the other side, from an immigrants point of view. I agree that all illegal immigrants that are GANG members should not be in this country but not everyone is a killer or a theif. So in conclusion, I don't think anyone of you should be in this group unless you truly know the feeling and know how one lives as an illegal immigrant striving to succeed and achieve things that are a lot easier for an American to get.
    Theywantabetterlife, you are right about they wanting a better life but wrong about the rest of your post. You don't get it. Illegals are BAD because of how they got their name, 'illegal'. They committed a crime when they chose not to follow the LEGAL PATH. Are you even aware that laws are supposed to be respected, followed, and enforced in this country? It doesn't sound like it. Criminals are supposed to be arrested, tried, and sentenced, if convicted. If someone can't speak English, pardon me but that is a dead giveaway that someone is here illegally or was born from illegals. Law abiding is a concept that maybe hard for you to comprehend but believe it or not it was one of the principles this once great country was founded on. I say once because laws are not being respected, obeyed, or enforced ESPECIALLY THE IMMIGRATION LAWS.

I understand illegals have a hard time understand our concept of 'laws'. It is hard to understand I know but we legals deal with laws everyday so the concept is fresh on our minds everyday. We are expected to follow the laws and we expect our law enforcement to actually enforcement. What we find so surprising, to me and others, is that illegals think they are immune and above our immigrations laws and certain politicians are delibrately looking the other way on illegal immigration. One question I'd like to ask you is, "Just why is that illegals think they are immune and above our immigration laws?" I'd really like to know your answer to that question. It doesn't matter if the hold down a job, pay for their home, pay for their cars. The fact is they are a criminal just by being an illegal.
    I wonder how many illegals got their NC driver licenses renewed last week? President Bush needs to protect the borders not illegals. President Bush is a coward and guilty of treason when it comes to securing the borders.

If stopping TB, Leprosy, Gangsters, Terrorists, and people that do not respect our laws and culture at the border is discrimination then I'd say we need more of it.

How sad it is that you would have us not defend our nation and work to confuse racial discrimination which is heavily addressed in America with border and job security.

Same lame fraudulant claim.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

My strong feeling is that, if the illegals want a better life, it should start with them exercising their democratic rights and getting rid of the governments in the countries of which they ARE citizens. They should NOT think that the path to a better life lies across that border.

The "free education" statement still rankles every time I think about it. For those of us who pay our taxes, there is nothing free in our country. The illegals are the only people I know who are getting a FREE education. AND, they are getting it in SPANISH. MY taxpayer dollars are paying teachers to teach the children of lawbreakers in Spanish while my grandchildren are cheated of time and opportunity for which I am paying. There just seems to be something fundamentally wrong in the scenario.

And, these people who want a better life are getting many other things that we, as American taxpayers, are footing the bill for. There are millions of Americans who can't get health care but I don't see ANY illegals who are unable to get it. This country can no longer afford to support people who are citizens of other countries at the expense of its own citizens.

Another staggering statistic is that THIRTY PERCENT of the prison population in our country is comprised of illegal immigrants. And, the law-abiding citizens of America are footing that bill as well.

This country did not become prosperous overnight. It was, and still IS, a hard-fought battle--one we continue to fight today. There is absolutely NO REASON that the people of Mexico can't unseat Bush's best "Amigo", Vicente Fox, and his band of thieves and elect a government that is not corrupt. Rather than taking control of their own country and correcting the massive problems there, they choose to jump that border and let us take care of them.

As honest, law-abiding citizens of the United States of America, the members of ALIPAC have committed ourselves to yet another battle and that is one in which we are determined to reclaim our country and put a stop to the massive influx of people bent on abusing our largesse or, worse still, causing us harm.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

tms

YOUR FAMILY IS BREAKING THE LAW AND SHOULD BE DEPORTED AND FORCED TO PAY BACK ALL THE MONEY THEY HAVE TAKEN FROM ALL THE LEGAL AND US BORN TAX PAYING CITIZENS! THANK YOU, YOU HAVE JUST INCREASED MY OPINION EVEN MORE!

Do I or my family come into Mexico, South America or Canada and take? NO, we spend, spend, spend. How many American's take vacations to Mexico or South America? We may also choose to live, have vacation homes or even live all year round. We do, LEGALLY, with LEGAL, REAL DOCUMENTS!!!!!

link

Illegal immigration education meltdown in America
    By Frosty Wooldridge

January 15, 2005

How would you like your child in Kindergarten through 12th grade attending classes with kids who can't read, write, speak, or understand English - or American education values? Furthermore, how would you feel if those students felt zero investment in education, in English and the American way? How would you like your child's education dumbed down to that of a classroom from the Third World? Guess what? Today, if you're a parent of a child in thousands of classrooms across America, that's what is happening to your children with your tax dollars.

Unfortunately, more problems exist in America's classrooms than an invasion of illegal alien children. As a former classroom teacher, I compassionately say: first, it's not their fault; second, they can't help their parents breaking into our country; third, their problems multiply our problems into educational failure for our children; fourth, illegal alien parents pay little into the tax infrastructure to fund that education.

The Center for Immigration Studies in Washington, DC, estimates a minimum of 1.1 million illegal alien children attend American schools. The great majority of them cannot, and do not, speak English. English as second language classes costs taxpayers billions of dollars. The cost of educating California's three million illegal aliens and their children exceeds $2.2 billion annually. It may be noted that over 100 languages must be dealt with in that state. (Source: California Department of Education) California supports the most illegals, and suffers the greatest state debt, at $38 billion.

Move over to Colorado with 200,000 illegal aliens, and they suffer a $140.6 million annual cost for educating illegal alien children. (Source: Colorado Department of Education) Take a swing over to Georgia, where it costs their citizens $230 million annually for educating their illegal alien student population.

As a former classroom teacher, there is another problem seldom appreciated by parents and politicians. You can't teach "up" to the standards of American education, with a small number of illegal children who can't speak English. You must teach "down," or "dumb down," the classroom experience for all your students. No matter how well-meaning we are trying to educate foreign students who can't or won't speak English, they pour into classrooms faster than it is possible to absorb them into our national language. Their parents can't help them, because their parents are functionally illiterate or cannot speak English, in most cases. It's why you see test scores dropping across the land. Many kids are "promoted" out of high school, without the ability to read, write, or think at the most elementary levels.

The crisis has reached epidemic proportions in California, so much so, well over half the 16 year olds (Source: LA Times newspaper) cannot understand a city bus schedule, or pass a driver's license test. Why? They can't read. In Colorado, three years ago, 51 percent of the potential high school graduating class of the Denver Public Schools flunked, or dropped out. Not only that, the classroom experience for all students degrades down to negative educational disasters. That's why, according to the Rocky Mountain News, December 2004, one in five teachers quits, or transfers out of the inner city.

The reason is, as a former teacher myself, when you try teaching in such a chaotic and undisciplined classroom, it's depressing and futile beyond comprehension. I taught two years in the "inner city," and fled for my own emotional health. The teachers that stay, simply "numb" their way through the day.

In Austin, Minnesota, they feature a day care center for unwed mothers attending high school. The flunkout rates, drug problems, and overall classroom experiences have deteriorated to Third World levels. Why? The meatpacking plants imported over 2,000 illegal aliens, and their children now dominate the Austin classrooms into an educational nightmare.

Another crisis prevents a solid education for American children, and terrifies parents across the country. Since 15 million illegal aliens now operate in the United States, (Source: Time Magazine, September 2004), they have crossed our borders without a health screening. Their children crossed with them. In the past five years, over 16,000 new cases of tuberculosis have crossed over from Mexico. It's called multi-drug resistant myco-bacterium TB, and it kills two million people worldwide annually. Last fall a year ago, 30 kids tested positive, along with four teachers, in a small town north of Detroit, Michigan. But if you watch the newspapers, you'll see new cases of TB popping up like toast all across the country. It's a ticking time-bomb because illegal alien children may carry the disease, and infect your kids.

Another disease carried into our schools is hepatitis A, and over 100,000 cases have migrated into our country from illegal aliens. The problem is that illegal aliens from Third World countries do not practice the same hygiene and personal sanitation habits we have fostered in our First World country. They often won't visit health authorities, because they don't want to get caught. If your child sits in a classroom with illegal aliens, your child is at risk, and so are you.

Worse, in the past five years, 7,000 new cases of leprosy (Source: Hansen's Disease, Lerner, New York Times, February 28, 2003) have migrated into the USA from illegal aliens from India, Brazil, and the Caribbean. It's now endemic to the East Coast, for the first time in the history of the United States. If your child interacts with an illegal alien child carrying leprosy, your child may come home with a new case of this ancient disease.

However, the worst aspect of this national educational crisis stems from the fact that millions of these illegals are not absorbing into the American way of life. They have no intention of speaking English, or learning our ways. Do we want a divided country, a violent and uneducated underclass, a loss of a cohesive language, and our own children dumbed down?

What does that yield? It gives us a frightening harvest of illiterate, uneducated, antagonistic, and non-invested young people, exploding into our society with no academic skills. That's why the Third World suffers what it suffers: lack of an educated citizenry. Further, it also fosters separation from those who speak English and pursue educational goals versus millions who have babies out of wedlock, no working skills, non-English speaking, and an uncanny ability to ride welfare rolls with unprecedented talent.

Finally, this Republic is a delicate form of governance. Yes, democracy is terribly delicate, and one glimpse around the world will show you why. It requires four qualities to remain viable and functioning. First, it needs a highly educated population that can participate in its continuance. Second, it needs a population with a similar moral code.

Third, it demands a citizenry with a similar ethical system of conduct. Finally, it needs a nation that speaks the same language, so it can discuss, debate and vote intelligently as it pulls in the same direction.

We are losing all four qualities, faster than you can count to ten.

I LIVE IN COLORADO, WHERE THIS IS A BIG PROBLEM AND I PAY TAXES, ILLEGALS HAVE NO RIGHT TO HEALTH CARE, JOBS, FOOD, WIC, WELFARE, SECTION 8, FOOD STAMPS, EDUCATION, ETC SORRY ONLY LEGAL US CITIZENS AND ONES BORN HERE SHOULD GET IT, AND NO MORE ANCHOR BABIES!
    "The defense of a nation begins at it's borders" Tancredo

This article is alarming. I have requested from my representatives in North Carolina a breakdown of the costs of educating illegals just in our state. To date, I have not received that information but I'm sure I will be STUNNED.

The most distressing part of the article, in my opinion, is the fact that this teacher confirms what I have felt for years--these people REFUSE to learn our language and WE aid and abet when we provide all of these expensive services in Spanish. I would like to see a screeching halt to ANY services in ANY language other than English. The ONLY place that I would be willing for my taxpayer dollars to teach English was right across the border--ON THEIR SIDE. If they had not mastered the language, they would not even come across.

As I said in another one of our discussion groups, the other facility that I would be willing to help pay for would be a "Spay and Neuter Clinic"!! Anyone crossing the border would have to agree to being spayed or neutered so we could stop this population explosion that they are perpetrating on us! So, we could put those facilities right next door to each other and kill two birds with one stone. I would be willing to bet that there would be a DRAMATIC drop in illegals crossing the border if they had to agree to learning our language and to being forced to undergo surgery so they could not produce any more Anchor Babies.

If ANYONE in our group can think of ANY WAY that we could start a grassroots effort to STOP providing ANY services in ANY LANGUAGE other than English, please let us know. I would be willing to do ANYTHING to keep from having to answer that DREADED question that I hear every time I call a company or use an ATM or credit card machine--"English or Spanish?" I CRINGE every time I am FORCED to push that button.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

tms

WE ARE IN TROUBLE!

Breaking the Piggy Bank: How Illegal Immigration is Sending Schools Into the Red

With states straining under gaping budget shortfalls, public schools throughout the country are facing some of the most significant decreases in state education funding in decades. In some states, drastic cuts mean lay-offs for teachers, larger class sizes, fewer textbooks, and eliminating sports, language programs, and after-school activities. Nearly two-thirds of the states have cut back or proposed reductions in support for childcare and early childhood programs. Some are even shortening the school week from five days to four.

While these massive budget deficits cannot be attributed to any single source, the enormous impact of large-scale illegal immigration cannot be ignored. The total K-12 school expenditure for illegal immigrants costs the states nearly $12 billion annually, and when the children born here to illegal aliens are added, the costs more than double to $28.6 billion.1

This enormous expenditure of the taxpayers’ hard-earned contributions does not, however, represent the total costs. Special programs for non-English speakers are an additional fiscal burden as well as a hindrance to the overall learning environment. A recent study found that dual language programs represent an additional expense of $290 to $879 per pupil depending on the size of the class.2 In addition, because these children of illegal aliens come from families that are most often living in poverty, there is also a major expenditure for them on supplemental feeding programs in the schools. Those ancillary expenditures have not been included in the calculations in this report.

The data presented here provide yet one more illustration of the costs of turning a blind eye to illegal immigration and should provide further impetus for states to demand that the federal government finally take effective and decisive action to restore integrity to our nation's immigration laws.3

Providing KĂ˘â‚¬â€œ12 Education to Illegal Immigrants: Costs to States
    The 1.5 million school-aged illegal immigrants residing in the United States4 and their 2 million U.S.-born siblings can be divided among the states using government estimates of the illegal alien population.5 Using each state’s per-pupil expenditure reported by the U.S. Department of Education,6 cost estimates for educating illegal immigrants in each state are shown below. Click here for table, scroll down,

The calculation of the number of children of illegal aliens in the K-12 public school system indicates that more than 15 percent of California’s students are children of illegal aliens, as are more than ten percent of the students in Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, Nevada, and Texas. More than five percent of the students are the children of illegal aliens in Florida, Georgia, Kansas, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Rhode Island, Utah, and Washington.

Defenders of illegal aliens assert that the cost of educating illegal alien students is offset by the taxes paid by their parents, but study after study shows that immigrants cost taxpayers much more in public services used than they pay into the system via taxes.7 This is particularly true of illegal immigrants, who are disproportionately low-skilled and thus low-earning and are much more likely to be working in the underground economy or providing contractual services and not withholding taxes.

A look at the top ten highest state expenditures provides a stark illustration of the trade-offs for accommodating large-scale illegal immigration:8

In California, the $7.7 billion spent annually educating the children of illegal immigrantsâ€â€
    Last edited by Jean; 08-02-2013 at 05:42 PM.
    "The defense of a nation begins at it's borders" Tancredo

Theyjustwantafreeride -

In this country it is FREE to get an education up until High School
    Could you please post the address of your illegal relatives? I have a copies of my 2001 - 2004 school tax bills which were assessed to my property (and fully paid). Considering the fact that I have no children, I would hope your illegal relatives would be grateful enough to reimburse me, including interest of course.

Illegal aliens are THIEVES!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast