View Poll Results: Has this topic made you think a little bit differently?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 5.26%
  • No

36 94.74%
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by vicsweety
    I live in Lonetree, CO. Thats the area by Park Meadows mall and the Highlands Ranch area. You would be surprised as to how many (rental houses) Mexican families that live in my neighborhood. They have 3-4 families in the same house with a billion cars up and down the road with Mexico stickers all over their cars.
    Disgusting! You have my sympathies!

We're being invaded! and I don't like it one darn bit!

Nothing is free in the United States. Nothing. Never has been. Never will be.

You want "free"? Then pack up your relatives and leave here and soon.

We are going to back charge every single person, every single organization, every single corporation, and every single nation that thought they could look over our border and say "WOW, that's NICE, I'm gonna get ME some that!"

That hay ride is over.

WECOME TO ALIPAC vicsweety!!
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Speaking of not fining businesses that hire illegal immigrants--the other day, I heard just a snippet of something on TV and I HATE that I missed the whole thing but what I THINK I heard was that not ONE employer has been fined for employing illegals since 2003??? If anyone out there heard those figures, please correct me if I'm wrong and enlighten us about this issue. I KNOW it seemed like a LONG time when they reported that but it MIGHT have just said this year. I'm ALMOST sure it was longer than that.

Where is ICE??? Are they not the ones who are supposed to be enforcing this??????? I have a couple of businesses that I suspect are doing this and want to report them but I can't find out who to report to.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Speaking of not fining businesses that hire illegal immigrants--the other day, I heard just a snippet of something on TV and I HATE that I missed the whole thing but what I THINK I heard was that not ONE employer has been fined for employing illegals since 2003???
    This is outragous! If the CEO (big company) or the owner (smaller company) were to assured of jail time (6 months per illegal), it would dry up over night. Most Illegals that work for a legitimate company supply a phony or pirated social security number. I am sure that these double or non issued numbers could be isolated from the IRS databases relatively quickly as well as where the payments are coming from. I needed to prove employment from an Armored Truck company that had gone out of business, I did this by obtaining the info from the social security administration with a print out as where the payments were coming from. Purolator Armored made payments for the time frame in question and my employment was verified. This was in 1990, me thinks the computers and databases are quite a bit more sophisticated these days! Dry up the jobs and they will go home to where ever it is they call home.
    "Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake." -- Louisa May Alcott

The only fine against an illegal employer that I am aware of is the large fine against Wal-mart earlier this year. $11,000,000. This was a fine against Wal-mart for the actions of a sub-contractor who was caught hiring illegals to clean Wal-mart stores. The illegal didn't actually work for Wal-mart but they were fined anyway, along with the subcontractor who was fined $4,000,000. He avoided prison by negotiating a deal.

Has anyone heard of any other ones?

This is the only one that made the news that I heard.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I do remember the Wal-Mart fine now. Maybe that was late last year and what I heard said THIS year. But I do know I didn't misunderstand the fact that noboby had been fined. What I'm unclear about is the time frame. I will check on the Wal-Mart thing and see when that happened.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Bootsie...just a few weeks ago on Wal-mart. If what you heard was through say late 2004 or early 2005....then it might be right. The Wal-mart fine was announced about...3 weeks ago maybe 4.

Witness says ICE lax on employers - millions of illegal aliens hired due to a lack of funding.
    WashingtonTimes ^

Posted on 06/22/2005 8:21:10 AM PDT by Happy2BMe

The Department of Homeland Security has allowed thousands of employers to hire millions of illegal aliens because of a lack of funding, manpower and commitment to solve the problem, a House subcommittee was told yesterday.

Homeland Security -- through U.S. Customs and Immigration Enforcement (ICE) -- has not actively sought to bring cases or level fines against employers who knowingly hire illegals, said Carl W. Hampe, the Justice Department's former top legal representative in immigration litigation.

(Excerpt) Read more at washingtontimes.com ...

This was in the Washington Times on June 22, 2005.

I looked up the Wal-Mart thing and they were CAUGHT on October 23, 2003 but you are absolutely right about when they were actually fined. The case went to court in March of this year and they agreed to pay an $11 million fine.

Also, in the same Washington Times story, it said that in 2004, ICE issue only THREE notices of intent to seek fines against employers for knowingly hiring illegals--compared to more than FOUR HUNDRED issued in 1999 by the now-defunct INS.

This is sure proof positive that NOBODY is willing to do anything to stop this. As long as businesses can get away with paying slave wages to illegals and the government is not going to enforce the law, they are going to keep pouring in.

I discussed the ICE funding on another thread here:

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-5788.html

They did have 2 million dollars to spend on golfing for those who couldn't afford it.

By the way the bulk of the illegals working for the Wal-Mart contractors were Eastern Europeans. This way we act like we are cracking down without offending any Hispanic groups!
    "Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake." -- Louisa May Alcott

I sure didn't realize that about Wal-Mart's illegals. Well, doesn't that just beat all????? No, it wouldn't be politically correct to crack down on the Hispanic ones. Don't forget--those illegals are VOTING too!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast