Page 488 of 740 FirstFirst ... 388438478484485486487488489490491492498538588 ... LastLast
Results 4,871 to 4,880 of 7393
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Ron Paul on the Issues

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 12 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 12 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Reality Check 10 More Years and 100 Billion Dollars An "End" To Afghanistan War

Published on May 22, 2012 by AnCapChase

Ben Swann takes a look at the NATO summit in Chicago where President Obama announced plans to keep forces in Afghanistan until at least 2024.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Guest Post: George W. Bush’s “Growth” Strategy

Submitted by Tyler Durden on 05/22/2012 14:56 -0400

Submitted by John Aziz of Azizonomics

George W. Bush’s “Growth” Strategy

George W. Bush is back. And he’s got a plan!

From the NYT:
    Two months from now, he plans to publish a book outlining strategies for economic growth. And on Tuesday, he made a rare return to Washington to promote freedom overseas.
    Freedom overseas? Yes — it would be nice to be free of George W. Bush’s destructive and costly neocon agenda (and I know many people overseas agree) but sadly the current White House occupant seems to be following the same authoritarian script; Bush hit Iraq and Afghanistan, and Obama seems intent to expand the wars into Pakistan and Yemen.

On the economy, let’s judge him on his record:

That doesn’t suggest that Bush has anything much to add to the conversation. But that doesn’t mean I think he should shut up and go away.

Here are a few prominent questions that George W. Bush might want to consider answering before slinking off back to Crawford:

1. Why did you ignore the CIA’s warnings in the summer of 2001 that al-Qaeda could strike “imminently”?
    2. Why did you pledge in the 2000 election debates that you were against nation building, and then embark on not one but two nation-building programs in Iraq and Afghanistan?
    3. You increased the Federal debt by 86%; to what extent do you accept the blame for America’s debt troubles?
    4. You reappointed Alan Greenspan as the Fed Chairman; to what extent do you accept that his easy money policies caused the bubble that burst in 2008?
    5. Were the 2008 bailouts of well-connected banks and financial corporations engineered by your administration compatible with a supposedly “free-market” “capitalist” system? Doesn’t bailing out banks create dangerous moral hazard?
    6. How can a nation simultaneously claim to be a liberator while also practising torture?
    7. You swore to uphold the Constitution, yet passed the PATRIOT Act that authorised warrantless wiretapping, and mass surveillance in contravention of the Fourth Amendment. Do you realise that you violated your oath of office?

That would be a great start. There are, of course, swathes of other questions (including much, much darker ones) that many wish George W. Bush could be made to answer. But there is no real accountability in America today. He can go back to his ranch and his presidential library and act like a carpetbagging good old boy, while kids in the middle east continue to have their limbs blown off, and while the nation remains smothered under a mountain of debt and authoritarian creep.

Guest Post: George W. Bush
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

“Karl Rove’s fear-and-smear-style Republicans are going to wake up and realize we are now in control of the Republican Party.”

Submitted by Barracuda_Trader on Wed, 05/23/2012 - 05:50
    Daily Paul Liberty Forum

After Paul Falters, Backers Push Agenda in Party and Other Races

By JONATHAN WEISMAN
    Published: May 22, 2012

“Karl Rove’s fear-and-smear-style Republicans are going to wake up at the end of the year and realize we are now in control of the Republican Party,” said Preston Bates, a Democrat-turned-Paulite who is running Liberty for All for Mr. Ramsey.
    WASHINGTON — Armed with an inherited fortune and a devotion to Ron Paul, John Ramsey, a 21-year-old college student from Nacogdoches, Tex., plunged into a little-watched Republican House primary in Northern Kentucky this spring to promote his version of freedom.

More than $560,000 later, Mr. Ramsey’s chosen standard-bearer, Thomas H. Massie, a Republican, cruised to victory Tuesday in the race to select a successor to Representative Geoff Davis, a Republican who is retiring.

The saturation advertising campaign waged by Mr. Ramsey’s “super PAC,” Liberty for All, may be the most visible manifestation of a phenomenon catching the attention of Republicans from Maine to Nevada.

more at the link: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/23/us...it_th_20120523

“Karl Rove’s fear-and-smear-style Republicans are going to wake up and realize we are now in control of the Republican Party.” | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

MSM Is Gagging! "Mitt Romney is not the guy. — Ron Paul is incorruptible" New 5/23

Submitted by Barracuda_Trader on Wed, 05/23/2012 - 06:48in

Daily Paul Liberty Forum

Note: According to Ben Swann all delegates are 100% unbound and can vote for whichever candidate they like at any time.

MSM Is Gagging! "Mitt Romney is not the guy.

Ron Paul Hints Third Party Run: I will not endorse Mitt Romney

Too Late to Apologize: A Declaration

Reading of the Declaration of Independence

A host of celebrities including Mel Gibson, Whoopie Goldberg, and Michael Douglas perform a live reading of the Declaration of Independence in Independence Hall, Philadelphia, PA.

Our Final Victory is Certain. Part I

Submitted by David Robertson on Thu, 05/17/2012 - 08:55
    Daily Paul Liberty Forum

From the very outset of this campaign I have seen parallels between the Ron Paul Revolution and certain stories in the Bible. One reason for observing this is that America is the land where the 13 tribes of Israel have been regathered (the 13 original States are a picture of this). Many of the events in the history of America are prophetically linked to the history of ancient Israel. America is also derived from two old Saxon words, 'ric' meaning kingdom and 'amer' meaning heaven.

America therefore stands for the Kingdom of Heaven. At the same time it was named for an Italian explorer called Amerigo Vespucci. This is how God conceals what He is doing from the eyes of men. If you would like to delve more deeply into this here is a booklet to read online:

God's Kingdom Ministry - The Prophetic History of the United States

This past week, May 14 - May 17, 2012, has been a testing time, a time of sifting and separation in the ranks of the Revolution. On May 18 we enter a new phase of the campaign.

In spite of our hopes, most of us realised I think that there was never the possibility that the Presidency could be won by the numbers of voters since the majority of the people are fast asleep and the system is rigged against us. The victory must come by the few not the many so that it might be seen that it is the LORD God, the Lord Jesus Christ, the Commander of the Armies of Heaven, the Lord of Hosts, who has given us the victory.

The Biblical story that is being re-enacted at this time is the defeat of the Midianites (strife, contention, warmongering), Amalekites (valley people, covetous and of debased and corrupt morals) and the people of the east (the place of sin and wickedness) by Gideon and the 300 warriors chosen by God. (The number 300 is 3 which stands for Divine Fullness and Perfection multiplied by 100 which stands for God's Election of Grace, Children of Promise.)

The name that was given to Gideon by his father was Jerub-Baal because he pulled down the altar of the false god Baal that his father was worshipping. This name means "let Baal contend" a challenge to the false deity and its worshippers. It is these worshippers that Gideon was called by God to defeat in battle.
    It was because the people of Israel (America) had fallen into apostasy and were worshipping Baal and Ashtoreth (Money Power and Sex) the false deities of their enemies that God gave them into the power of these enemies (the owners of the Federal Reserve System) for a time.

The name Gideon itself means "hewer" which means one who hews or fells trees. This can also be understood as one who destroys false idols or false beliefs or those who adhere to such beliefs. As John the Baptist said "Even now the ax is laid at the root of the trees, and every tree that does not produce good fruit will be cut down and thrown into the fire.”

The following is both an historical account and a parable or analogy and should be understood as such.

Here is the story as it is told in the book of the Judges:

"Gideon Reduces the Ranks
    7:1 Jerub-Baal (that is, Gideon) and his men got up the next morning and camped near the spring of Harod. The Midianites were camped north of them near the hill of Moreh in the valley. 7:2 The Lord said to Gideon, “You have too many men for me to hand Midian over to you. Israel might brag, ‘Our own strength has delivered us.’ 7:3 Now, announce to the men, ‘Whoever is shaking with fear may turn around and leave Mount Gilead.’” Twenty-two thousand men went home; ten thousand remained. 7:4 The Lord spoke to Gideon again, “There are still too many men. Bring them down to the water and I will thin the ranks some more.
    When I say, ‘This one should go with you,’ pick him to go; when I say, ‘This one should not go with you,’ do not take him.” 7:5 So he brought the men down to the water. Then the Lord said to Gideon, “Separate those who lap the water as a dog laps from those who kneel to drink.” 7:6 Three hundred men lapped; the rest of the men kneeled to drink water. 7:7 The Lord said to Gideon, “With the three hundred men who lapped I will deliver the whole army and I will hand Midian over to you. The rest of the men should go home.” 7:8 The men who were chosen took supplies and their trumpets. Gideon sent all the men of Israel back to their homes; he kept only three hundred men. Now the Midianites were camped down below in the valley.

Gideon Reassured of Victory
    7:9 That night the Lord said to Gideon, “Get up! Attack the camp, for I am handing it over to you. 7:10 But if you are afraid to attack, go down to the camp with Purah your servant 7:11 and listen to what they are saying. Then you will be brave and attack the camp.” So he went down with Purah his servant to where the sentries were guarding the camp. 7:12 Now the Midianites, Amalekites, and the people from the east covered the valley like a swarm of locusts. Their camels could not be counted; they were as innumerable as the sand on the seashore. 7:13 When Gideon arrived, he heard a man telling another man about a dream he had. The man said, “Look! I had a dream. I saw a stale cake of barley bread rolling into the Midianite camp. It hit a tent so hard it knocked it over and turned it upside down. The tent just collapsed.” 7:14 The other man said, “Without a doubt this symbolizes the sword of Gideon son of Joash, the Israelite. God is handing Midian and all the army over to him.”

Gideon Routs the Enemy
    7:15 When Gideon heard the report of the dream and its interpretation, he praised God. Then he went back to the Israelite camp and said, “Get up, for the Lord is handing the Midianite army over to you!” 7:16 He divided the three hundred men into three units. He gave them all trumpets and empty jars with torches inside them. 7:17 He said to them, “Watch me and do as I do. Watch closely! I am going to the edge of the camp. Do as I do! 7:18 When I and all who are with me blow our trumpets, you also blow your trumpets all around the camp. Then say, ‘For the Lord and for Gideon!’”

7:19 Gideon took a hundred men to the edge of the camp at the beginning of the middle watch, just after they had changed the guards. They blew their trumpets and broke the jars they were carrying. 7:20 All three units blew their trumpets and broke their jars. They held the torches in their left hand and the trumpets in their right. Then they yelled, “A sword for the Lord and for Gideon!” 7:21 They stood in order all around the camp. The whole army ran away; they shouted as they scrambled away. 7:22 When the three hundred men blew their trumpets, the Lord caused the Midianites to attack one another with their swords throughout the camp."

Gideon Rejects a Crown
    8:22 The men of Israel said to Gideon, “Rule over us – you, your son, and your grandson. For you have delivered us from Midian’s power.” 8:23 Gideon said to them, “I will not rule over you, nor will my son rule over you. The Lord will rule over you.”

This last statement is the condition of true Liberty. When men reject God, the Lord Jesus Christ, they unwittingly reject Liberty. God then gives them men to rule them who reflect the lawless condition of their own hearts and who oppress them.

In verse 7.1 above the enemies of Israel/America are encamped in the valley near to the hill of Moreh. This indicates that the oppressors of Israel/America are themselves debased and corrupt but above them is Moreh (the Teacher). In other words they have been sent by God to teach Israel/America a lesson and to bring them to repentance, a change of mind and world view. Everything that happens in our lives has this purpose: to teach us the Way of God whether as individuals or as a people.

America has been in captivity to the owners of the Federal Reserve System for almost one hundred years but the day of deliverance is at hand. Even the powers of this world must bow to the sovereignty of the Lord Jesus Christ. They have been weighed in the balance and found wanting just as was Belshazzar, the last king of Babylon in 537 B.C..

In allegory, Gideon and his 300 warriors represent Ron Paul and his National delegates who further represent the Lord Jesus Christ and His brethren, the sons of God, who will soon be revealed in the overwhelming power and majesty of the Kingdom of God that is shortly to be manifest in the Earth. This is the meaning of the breaking of the clay jars to reveal the light in 7.20 above. In 7.22 the trumpets are symbolic of an announcement. In allegory again, I have always seen this event happening at the Convention in Tampa when the delegates of Ron Paul reveal their true identity. At the same time there will also be announcements that will cause terror among the enemies of Israel/America and cause them to turn on one another.

[The Ron Paul National delegates are not these sons of God but a living historic analogy of them just like the 300 warriors of Gideon and all the related stories in the Bible. There may well be among them those who are indeed sons of God who will partake of the first resurrection but not all are these chosen few. When I say "analogy" I do not mean that they are not part of God's plans, they are, as are we all. However they are manifesting in the Earth that which has already been determined in Heaven and at the same time prophetically representing further events yet to take place just as did the events and teachings recorded in the Bible.]

Our Final Victory is Certain. Part I | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

To all Ron Paul Supporters around the globe - Give us a wave

Submitted by philosophicrant on Wed, 05/23/2012 - 02:45
    Ron Paul 2012

The message of Liberty resonates around the globe. Dr. Paul is an inspiration to all. I wish he were British.

Ron Paul 2012

Carl
    England

http://www.dailypaul.com/235617/to-a...give-us-a-wave

Melbourne, Australia

Submitted by Silk Shirt on Wed, 05/23/2012 - 07:27.

We now have a Ludwig Von Mises meet up group at a local pub.
    Ron Paul's message is global and growing.
    Have a huge respect for the history of the U.S. after getting into RP and the constitution.
    Good luck to you all!

Lord Acton, Lord Chief Justice of England, 1875 - "The issue which has swept down the centuries and which will have to be fought sooner or later is the People v. The Banks."

Tasmania

Submitted by DriftForge on Wed, 05/23/2012 - 07:14.

Keep It up guys.

Looks like the UK has its own

Submitted by papfu on Wed, 05/23/2012 - 07:05.

Looks like the UK has its own freedom fighter in Nigel Farage.

Farage: We face the prospect of mass civil unrest, even revolution - YouTube

I love this guy.

Norway for Ron Paul!!!!

Submitted by karicia on Wed, 05/23/2012 - 06:37.

Pakistan!

Submitted by rolotomasi on Wed, 05/23/2012 - 05:49.

Greetings..

Greetings from South Africa

Submitted by kobuswolf on Wed, 05/23/2012 - 05:30.

Lot of my friends are Ron Paul supporters. The other day my father, also an RP fan, was traveling and stayed over on a farm, and the owner happened to be a really big fan. The message really resonates. Funny thing is that most people I know in SA who is RP fans, either dislikes TV/MSM or does not even own a TV.

Most countries represented here does not know what a half way failed state looks like. You do not know how painful it is. I pay 38% on the upper tax bracket. Because of my race I am not allowed to apply for government bursaries, and even though my language group pays roughly half of the governments taxes, they are actively removing my language from universities, schools and institutions. I live in a well to do neighborhood, 4 years ago we had about 30 armed house robberies per year, we had one murder and two rapes and many more burglaries. At that point, even though most of the people living here work full days, we started getting two way radios, doing patrols and training ourselves. We now run neighborhood watches that are better trained than the average SA police officer, we generally treat suspects better, and we follow the letter of the law. We have self installed and owned camera networks, ANPR software (developed by the community) and protocols on how to handle anything from taxi violence to xenophobic attacks, through to how to convince our useless city council to change streetlights. We are first on scene with car accidents and we were first on scene to save people from a local flood. Our crime has gone down to the point where we have not had a burglary in 6 months and an armed robbery in 18 months.
    Our response teams have equipment, bulletproofs, pepper-spray, paint-ball guns, tazers and some have real guns, we have docket teams that document everything in case some police officer happens to misplace the docket (rather common) and we have teams that give first medical and trauma response. All this is done on a volunteer basis. At some point when the local and national government implodes on itself through its own stupidity
    My point is that a community that REALLY want it (whatever the "it" is) and work for it will most likely get it and few things can stop you. If a community does not get it, it is because they really did not want it. Luckily the Ron Paul people really want it, so I am guessing you/we are going to change the world with this movement. You do need broad participation, and deep involvement, which brings more participation.
    You just keep your head down and keep working your ass off.

greetings from austria

Submitted by Rahl on Wed, 05/23/2012 - 05:13.

*wave*

stay strong

Hi from Britain!

Submitted by LibertarianBen on Wed, 05/23/2012 - 05:11.

We should totally do a worldwide Ron Paul support day!

My first Ron Paul video, it has had a great response!

http://www.dailypaul.com/223184/my-first-ron-paul-video-can-...

Yeah!

Submitted by karicia on Wed, 05/23/2012 - 06:38.

Yeah!

Greetings from Romania

Submitted by jimi_psblue on Wed, 05/23/2012 - 05:00.

This message made me sign up to Daily Paul

I lived in France for 4 years and I traveled all around Europe. People have no clue what liberty is here around and the European Constitutions are all the same: "I, the State... "

I hope the revolution will be a success in US, we need an example here in poor old Europe !

I dream the moment when Ron Paul will travel in Europe to meet Angela Merkel or François Hollande and bring the message. I can't even imagine their faces ))) Thoughts

Hello from Montreal, Canada!

Submitted by itsallaboutbalance on Wed, 05/23/2012 - 04:58.

Ron Paul is a true hero and so are all of you fighting so hard to become delegates, sending money and doing everything you can to educate and fight for a better US and WORLD!

We are fighting up here too led by students protesting a hike in tuition fees. Our provincial government tried to fight back with a law banning gatherings of more than 10 people (!). Today 300,000 people took to the streets in Montreal to peacefully demonstrate against the tyranny of our government. I'm doing everything I can to educate people on the central bank of Canada which is like the FED and is the root of all ailments in our society too.
    For liberty my friends!

Love from Canada!

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

Hello from France

Submitted by kevinz on Wed, 05/23/2012 - 04:55.

What I find great about the United States is that, even though your government is going insanely more powerful and rogue every day, people are waking up and the message of liberty is spreading like fire !

So on the long run I think you guys will be OK.

However, in Europe, and especially in socialist France where I am, this message does not spread nearly as fast.

There is no fire, just a tiny spark lost in a universe of statist ideas.

That's why we desperately need a Ron Paul here, otherwise our future won't be as bright as the one you'll have.

G'day

Submitted by R..... on Wed, 05/23/2012 - 04:42.

Hello from Sydney, Australia

http://www.dailypaul.com/224739/website-timeline-of-ron-paul...

hello England

Submitted by letusunite on Wed, 05/23/2012 - 04:23.

Canada here, cheers.

The spirit of Liberty

Submitted by David Robertson on Wed, 05/23/2012 - 04:10.

is alive and well in Scotland. Once we have our independence we can begin to make the changes necessary, beginning with the monetary system...breaking free from the Bank of England and fiat currency.

We are hoping Ron Paul will show the way. We believe he shall.

"Where the Welfare State is on the march the Police State is not far behind." Melchior Palyi Hungarian Economist

Ben from Canada

Submitted by Ben-Jamin Tomlinson on Wed, 05/23/2012 - 04:05.

How's it going everyone

Tough! A message from the colonials.

Submitted by Jill Booth on Wed, 05/23/2012 - 03:02.

We put in the order for Ron Paul to come to New Zealand first.

We need to ditch our Wall Street trained and operated, UN loving, thief of a PM, Mr John Key, to save this brilliant little country, and all of her assets from the NWO.

PS..we will share him with you if you play nice!

Yeah !

Submitted by kevinz on Wed, 05/23/2012 - 04:56.

Your country is one of the freest (well, at least your "economic freedoms" are good and you don't go to war).

I do hope you get rid of all those ****.

New Zealand is one of the country in my list of "Countries where to flee for more freedom".

It would have been "easy" for me to migrate to New Zealand a couple of years ago (I'm a computer engineer) but it seems it has become a bit more difficult now

Anyway... Apart from your politicians, how is life in New Zealand ?

Hey kevinz,

Submitted by Jill Booth on Wed, 05/23/2012 - 05:05.

New Zealand is fan- bloody- tastic! Still beautiful, still free, but changing. Our Alps are snow covered, almost ready for ski-ing, our beaches are still pristine. Once we ditch these crap politicians we will be perfect. Hope you can join us one day.

thanks for sharing

Submitted by topgunner on Wed, 05/23/2012 - 03:45.

now I think its time for you to fix your own country.....cheers mate

Did you two finally kiss and make up?!

Submitted by jelvis on Wed, 05/23/2012 - 03:57.

It was just yesterday that I was reading your lover's quarrel about who was the bigger troll.

Checking in from China!

@ Jarvis

Submitted by Xiao en on Wed, 05/23/2012 - 05:23.

Are you teaching English or ni shi zhong guo ren?

jelvis from China

Submitted by Jill Booth on Wed, 05/23/2012 - 05:08.

I'm far too old for Roland...more like a mother teasing a wayward child.

Loved being in China, and hope to be back soon.
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 05-23-2012 at 08:44 AM.