Page 489 of 740 FirstFirst ... 389439479485486487488489490491492493499539589 ... LastLast
Results 4,881 to 4,890 of 7393
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Ron Paul on the Issues

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Ron Paul RE-evolution. (Give Us Back Our Constitution)

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Aimee Allen, Ron Paul Anthem

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Ron Paul Revolution – I Hung My Head

Submitted by Barracuda_Trader on Wed, 05/23/2012 - 06:50
    Daily Paul Liberty Forum

Ron Paul Revolution

When they ask me who I'll vote for

Submitted by karen4the6th on Wed, 05/23/2012 - 07:22
    Virginia

I'm running in a republican primary against Bob "spend, borrow, war, SOPA/CISPA/PATRIOT ACT" Goodlatte.

That's the easy part. On June 12th we will beat him. However, at three GOP events in a row I've been asked by an establishment toad in the audience whether I will support Romney as the GOP candidate -- i.e. will I vote Republican.

Yesterday I returned the favor by asking the toadie "If Ron Paul is the nominee, may I expect her full and unfettered support for Ron Paul?"

Then I withdrew the question, saying of course she would vote for him, and that I (unlike her) would never stoop to impugn her character or conservatism. She wiggled and wriggled back into her establishment cave and shut up.

Things have changed in the GOP over the past years, and we are now the majority, as the revolution grows.

We own the party and may we always remain principled and passionate! www.karenkforcongress.com

When they ask me who I'll vote for | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

Smoke and Mirrors in Louisiana

Posted on May 22, 2012 by Admin

Doug Wead On Saturday I promised an update into the complex world of Louisiana intra-party politics. You will remember that the national press proclaimed an upset win by Ron Paul in the first round of caucuses. But the GOP has worked to take that away.

Here is how events are unfolding.

The Republican Party of Louisiana has a history of protecting the establishment. They have placed a number of landmines throughout their caucus and convention processes to make it extremely difficult for Ron Paul supporters to make it all of the way to the floor of the Republican National Convention.

One simple example is a cleverly written rule, which allowed the LAGOP to abruptly change the date of the caucus. As soon as the state party realized how organized we were, the date of the election was changed from early February to late April. The date change created the unprecedented scenario of putting the Louisiana primary BEFORE the caucus. Something that has never happened before in this state and is unlikely to ever happen again.

Another example is the scheduling of the Republican State Central Committee meeting immediately after the state convention in Shreveport. The Louisiana Republican Party is hoping that the Ron Paul supporters will do something controversial at the state convention so that they’ll have an excuse to unseat some or all of the Ron Paul supporters at their RSCC meeting.

The Louisiana Republican Party is organized differently from many other states. Often, like in Michigan or Nevada, the state convention is the top governing authority of the state republican party. Unfortunately for our freedom fighters in the bayou state, this is not the case. The RSCC is the final authority and it is their bylaws that created the caucus and the convention.

The two examples above are just the tip of the iceberg. I can’t reveal our entire strategy because the establishment operatives obviously read this blog as well.

But I can tell you that we have great leaders across Louisiana who have navigated these paths before. They are working overtime to ensure that the Louisiana delegation gets all the way to the Republican National Convention!

It can be tempting to thumb your nose at the establishment whenever you get the opportunity. And they definitely deserve it!

But in this situation, getting the Ron Paul delegates all the way to Tampa and encouraging our activists to become part of the party structure should be our top priority.

Smoke and Mirrors in Louisiana | _

Washington Times: Ron Paul has already won

Submitted by Hamilton15 on Wed, 05/23/2012 - 07:51
    Ron Paul 2012

Pennsylvania

by Kevin Kelly | Washington Times
    May 22, 2012

WESTCHESTER, PA, May 22, 2012 — The mainstream media continue to discount Ron Paul as a factor in the race for the Republican nomination, even though he and his supporters could become serious contenders when the convention meets in August. Paul continues to rack up delegates in such states as Iowa, Minnesota, Missouri and Colorado.

Strangely, in spite of the success of Paul’s strategy in accumulating delegates, many pundits insist that Paul remains a nonfactor. These same pundits continue to claim that electorally Ron Paul cannot win the Republican nomination, and while the media miss the mark by discounting Paul as a contender, they miss the truly “big story” of the 2012 election. That is, that Ron Paul, mobilizing both young and old with his message of liberty tempered by personal responsibility, and government power tempered by accountability, has already won far more than the election. He has won the trust and the imagination of the people, Rocky Balboa-style.

Continue reading at Washington Times

Washington Times: Ron Paul has already won | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

Oklahoma: Time to follow the Rules

Submitted by Steve Dickson on Tue, 05/22/2012 - 16:05

Blog

There comes a point where a stand must be taken. Organizations are governed by Rules just as society is ruled by Laws. As a Republican, I hold the Rules of the Republican Party in high regard. When they are violated it must be addressed, or else we have anarchy and chaos. These are not small things. They are the very structural foundation of our political party. Without these Rules, we are a mob.

It is with a heavy heart, but head held high, that I write of this today. After fruitless negotiation, we have been forced to take action. Ample evidence has been broadcast to the world of violations of process and rule at the Oklahoma State Republican Party, on May 12th, 2012. A letter from our attorneys has been issued to the Chairman of the Republican Party of Oklahoma. I wish it had not come to this, but it has.

Here is our press release on this matter:

Oklahoma: Time to follow the Rules | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

Did y'all check out the law firm helping us for Oklahoma? Friends in high places are helping us.

Submitted by ralph hornsby on Wed, 05/23/2012 - 09:58
    Delegates

I bet judge Nap knows these guys. These guys take on big cases. The other states who haven't held their conventions need to be put on notice....don't cheat Ron Paul supporters.

Here is the law firm representing Oklahoma:

William J. Olson, P.C., Attorneys at Law
    https://twitter.com/#!/OlsonLaw

Press release of the letter we sent Oklahoma GOP and it shows the law firm's letter.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BycO...SDg/edit?pli=1

Did y'all check out the law firm helping us for Oklahoma? Friends in high places are helping us. | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

Santa Barbara Independent -Vote Ron Paul for President

Submitted by GBAmerica on Wed, 05/23/2012 - 07:59
    Ron Paul 2012

Vote Ron Paul for President

Yes, Ron Paul is still in the 2012 race for President, having won a majority of delegates in Maine, Massachusetts, Nevada, Iowa, and Minnesota. He is the only candidate that is solidly committed to the constitutional government that made us the free people we are. Ron Paul believes in sound money, avoiding needless foreign wars, and protecting our constitutional freedoms. These are the foundational principles for creating jobs and a booming economy.

It was Thomas Jefferson who said, “Banking institutions having the issuing power of money are more dangerous to liberty than standing armies.” Our Constitution gave the issuing power of money to Congress to protect our freedoms and liberties. Without Congressional oversight, the Federal Reserve has given trillions of dollars to their friends on Wall Street and foreign governments and banks. Like President Kennedy in an earlier generation, Ron Paul wants to re-establish Congressional authority over money in order to provide for a sound monetary policy and more stable economy.

Vote Ron Paul for President The Santa Barbara Independent

Santa Barbara Independent -Vote Ron Paul for President | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

Vote Ron Paul for President

Tuesday, May 22, 2012
    By Kevin Walsh, Santa Ynez Valley

Yes, Ron Paul is still in the 2012 race for President, having won a majority of delegates in Maine, Massachusetts, Nevada, Iowa, and Minnesota. He is the only candidate that is solidly committed to the constitutional government that made us the free people we are. Ron Paul believes in sound money, avoiding needless foreign wars, and protecting our constitutional freedoms. These are the foundational principles for creating jobs and a booming economy.

It was Thomas Jefferson who said, “Banking institutions having the issuing power of money are more dangerous to liberty than standing armies.” Our Constitution gave the issuing power of money to Congress to protect our freedoms and liberties. Without Congressional oversight, the Federal Reserve has given trillions of dollars to their friends on Wall Street and foreign governments and banks. Like President Kennedy in an earlier generation, Ron Paul wants to re-establish Congressional authority over money in order to provide for a sound monetary policy and more stable economy.

It is time to return to a common-sense foreign policy that puts America’s security first: not fighting expensive undeclared wars, not policing the world, and not engaging in so-called “nation building.” We have over 900 military installations and military personnel in over 130 countries – far in excess of any national defense need. It should be obvious that our national defense is not served by an excessive involvement and resultant “blowback” by our military entanglement in just about every nation in the world. Ron Paul is not in favor of the expensive and aggressive interventionist foreign policy that we now have. Ron Paul is for a strong national defense; after all, defending our nation is the federal government’s most important duty.

Ron Paul is a champion of our precious and constitutionally guaranteed liberties and rights. He actively opposes internet censorship due to its violation of the First Amendment (free speech). He strongly opposes the Patriot Act’s violation of the Fourth Amendment (search and seizure). He voted against the National Defense Authorization Act because of the violation of the Fifth Amendment (due process). Ron Paul has consistently voted to protect our freedoms.

Why is America in its current crisis? Because we continue to drift further and further from our timeless and proven founding principles. As a 12-term member of Congress, Ron Paul is consistent in his message of proclaiming liberty and adherence to the tried and true ideals that have kept and preserved us as a nation. For the June 5 primary, vote for liberty; vote for Ron Paul.

Vote Ron Paul for President The Santa Barbara Independent