Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Collection of your comments about Bush May 15 speech.

NOTE: Only ONE post per person in this thread.

-----------------------------------------

We all watched as President George Bush clearly used his position to deploy the national guard to push his AMNESTY (aka Temporary Worker) program.

He did not send the guard when the reports came in about the Mexican military incursions.

He did not send the guard when word came in that the drug cartels, that are importing the illegals, were opening fire on our Border Patrol agents.

He did not send the guard when the border Sheriff's reported that deputies and their families were now being threatened by the drug/human slave importing cartels.

Nope, he has sent the National Guard to do paperwork since his Amnesty legislation is failing to pass.

We have a President with a 29% approval rating pushing legislation that is only supported by 13% of the American population according to professional national polls.

Of course his credibility on this issue is already in the gutter, but he has made two dire mistakes!

One, by attempting to placate both America's citizens Vs. the US Chamber of Commerce and the illegal aliens, he has angered both sides!

Second, he skillfully lied throughout his speech. He claimed that illegal immigrants were beyond the reach of US law? That some people wanted every last illegal alien deported and anything less is considered amnesty? That is just the beginning of the deceptive comment list in his speech.

To top things off, he looked like Rodney King making his "Can't we all get along" speech after the riots broke out in LA. He was mechanical and kept mispronouncing words throughout the speech. This President was playing deep defense last night. His admission of our Catch and Release policies was a the confession of a national disgrace.

And then we have what he did not say. He did not tell illegal aliens to stop coming. He did not tell illegal aliens in the US to leave.

The truth behind all of the other issues is that we not only have an illegal immigration crisis in America. We have a Constitutional Crisis.

The message we all wanted to hear from President Bush was "I have decided I will start doing my job today, honor my oath of office and constitutional duties by enforcing our existing immigration laws."

The existing laws have already been debated, vote on, and signed by acting Presidents. These laws are supported by over 4 of 5 Americans. Our problem is non-enforcement of these laws and that responsibility belongs to President George Bush.

Regardless of your particular view of this issue... Even if you disagree with the the stance of ALIPAC and favor amnesty... Everyone must recognize that our entire form of governance that has been revered by the world for hundreds of years is now in jeopardy.

Our Republic may have already fallen for it appears that our government has been hijacked by financial interests and corporations.

Those that support the President's plan, open borders, amnesty for illegal aliens, S. 2611 are supporting the usurpation of the American Republic, the betrayal of the American public, and the overthrow of the principles, laws, and American way of life that our families have fought and died for.

William Gheen
    Americans for Legal Immigration PAC ALIPAC.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I was not at all impressed by his speech. If the national guard was an option, they could have been deployed ages ago. Not to mention the amount is not much more than a drop in a bucket. He says it's for 1 year to train more border patrol and those states are still waiting for what was promised to them before. This compromise was more a spit in the face than an answer to anything.

His path to earned citizenship due to time and roots in the community is a reward and amnesty for the longest lawbreakers. Nothing was said to remedy this "misunderstanding" of anchor babies and their so called right to citizenship.

He did not tell people to go home. He did not say more are not welcome. He basicly said we are stuck with the issue and are going to have to deal with this issue and the only thing he wants is a card so the government can track them and employers can't be fined. Which to me is an open border for an unlimited amount of people to cross as long as you pick up your card on the way in. There was no mention of the huge backlog of people waiting legally. No mention of enforcing the existing laws for those who have overstayed their visas. No mention of how we are to get rid of all the illegal criminals in jail now.

He did nothing to mention any responsibility of Mexico in this situation. Nothing about the vast amounts of money sent to Mexico. Nothing about forgery and identity theft and no real means of actually being able to do a criminal background check.

Nothing mentioned about banks funding money to illegals for homes. Nothing about enforcing housing restrictions. He did encourage learning English...but I don't feel he went far enough in making it mandatory.

He mentioned nothing about the latino militant groups and what he plans to do about them. And the ones who are making a threat.

So needless to say.....I wasn't satisfied or impressed by anything.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Now it should be clear that the United States is intended to be merged in with Canada and Mexico to create a regional economic and political entity, IRRESPECTIVE of what the American voters OR the Constitution demand. Once the additional 20-40 million foreign nationals gain the vote, then the battle will be over. With the Senate bill, an additional 217 million legal immigrants, with families and even more anchor babies will be the death knell to the former republic of the United States of America. The two political parties have become one, and neither gives a s*it about America or what it means to be an American. I weep for my nation. It is being killed by it's own leaders. I am outraged and infuriated and am no longer voting for either party. Where are the patriotic statesmen??? Where is a viable 3rd party. If the Constitution Party would stop their arguing and unite around their national platform, maybe they would come to the realization that NOW is their time. NOW. Not tomorrow, not next week. NOW. Get on the TV, buy some bill boards, get on talk radio and start reclaiming our nation. NOW.

Guest worker, earned citizenship, FTAA equals no more America.
    "Never suppose that in any possible situation, or under any circumstances, it is best for you to do a dishonorable thing..." --Thomas Jefferson

He did mention the illegals marching, but failed to mention those opposed marching.
    His plan did not address the criminal element that has come within our borders. Will local police be able to ask a suspected illegal for credentials to proove otherwise? If so, will they be able to detain the individual should he not be able to produce the credentials? We need tools to be able to fight on the local level.
    Good friend of the family, National Guard, came back from Afghanistan and it took him 6 months or more to be able to get close to a healthy nights sleep. My heart goes out to all the men and women caught up in this puppet show.

Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet
    The two political parties have become one, and neither gives a s*it about America or what it means to be an American. I weep for my nation.
    This is the EXACT reason for the 2nd amendment. This amendment has NOTHING to do about duck hunting. It has to do with giving the populace muscle in handling a tyrranical government (WHICH WE NOW HAVE). Our founding fathers wrote directly into the constitution how a government which no longer represents the populace should be handled.

Illegal Immigration debate

President Bush gave the same old speech about Amnesty.His putting 6000 troops on the Border is even a bigger joke,We need no less than 35,000 troops with enforcement powers.But i quess that Mexicos Fox called and Bush backed down,He is the worst president that I can remember other than Clinton.If this joke passes then my family and I will be changing our voter status.

letter to reps.

Tell mister Bush and his amnesty gang Sen. McCain-led Republican worker-importing allies, plus the Democratic leadership, whom continue to hold border security hostage as not our right as U.S. citizens but as a privilege they will bestow on us only in certain circumstances. I do not like being blackmailed to support some Ramnesty plan Mister Bush has promised Mexico. He said that we could not secure our borders without a guest worker program. Utter nonsense. We are securing the borders of South Korea and Iraq. This whole horse and pony show is seeking a way for the President to continue the abdication of his sworn duties to enforce our laws and to lift the existing law that states illegal aliens are to be deported. Do you people in Washington realize you are breaking the law trying to hold us hostage to this idea the Border can only be secure only if we allow law breakers the right to stay here. I really love this One provision tucked away in the fine print that would grant an immigration visa to any woman or orphan anywhere in the world who is "at risk of harm" because of age or sex. What is the Presidents/Senate plan here to grant citizenship once and for all to everyone in the world? What do you take us for idiots?
    The president and his allies in the Senate are determined to provide another amnesty to the millions of these illegal aliens among us, the "undocumented workers" who jumped the line ahead of the suckers who had gone by the rules to become immigrants. We know this amnesty is designed to double the number of illegals who cross the border with Mexico each year, as well as bring up their dependents back home.
    I will give him points for trying to ram this bill down Americans throat wow. An acting President with a weak 29% approval rating trying to push an immigration plan with less than 13% support could be a historic mistake.
    What about this blatant misleading of American’s when the dishonest portrayal by Bush that Anti Illegal Immigration groups were asking for mass roundups and deportations. LIE LIE LIE Your boss is a liar. The he goes on to claiming that the alternative to amnesty was mass deportation. Nobody is pushing that as the alternative. It is a false choice. And it doesn't describe the enhanced enforcement approach of the anti-amnesty Members of Congress. Just ENFORCE THE LAWS OF THIS LAND. If you can not do this please step aside there are surly some American Patriots whom still hold this country in their hearts above Mexico and its interest.
    This is the year 2006 we were attacked on Sep. 9th 2001 and now he is putting the Guard on the border? Sure this is a good 'first step,' however, it was a very long time in coming. Four and a half years after 9/11 a tiny step was taken to stop the invasion of our nation. With approximately 50 million illegals in this country Invasion is all it can be called.
    We have been occupied by foreign nationals. The citizens have asked them to go back to their own countries. They instead march in our streets demanding 'rights' of citizens. Therefore we have been occupied. Just how many of them are here to do us harm and conduct work for terrorist? You do not know there is no way of knowing because you do not know who is entering this country every night.
    Thanks that really makes me feel safe for what we have done with the borders after 9/11/2001.

Your Boss said nothing about enforcing the laws on the books. Nothing about the employers of illegals. Nothing about ending federal and state aid to illegals. Nothing about the overwhelming numbers of 'students' in our schools. I wonder how in the world can these illegals come into the United States and literally take over our neighborhoods, schools, hospitals and every other social program designed for hard working American citizens. These people have the nerve to come over her and shut down our schools and streets, demanding things that they don't have a right to in the first place because they don't belong here, if they have such a strong passion to find work and build up a country why can't they do it in their own home country. It's completely outrageous

Bush says we must find a path to citizenship for the illegals that have put down 'roots' here. Nonsense. The citizens of this great nation do not want to reward them for breaking the law...the longer they've been here the more laws they have broken. Then more shall follow to break more laws, do you not get this?

I'm in contact with thousands of people on forums on the internet on a daily basis. I'm telling you...any senator or congressperson that votes for amnesty in any form will be looking for another job in the not distant future. I feel Americans have gotten off of the couch put the channel changer down and are now watching to see what your next move is going to be. I would take some time and think about this one folks.

A Republican since 1979....but no longer. This Country needs a third party now.

That's not all! I really think you all should come to Congressman Sensenbrenner defense and tell the American people that this is a good man attempting to look after the citizens of this nation. This idea that this man is some kind of evil person trying to do harm to someone is really irritating to people who know what is really going on here.

Enforcement first or start looking for a new job!

"I see in the near future a crisis approaching that unnerves me and causes me to tremble for the safety of my country. As a result of the war, corporations have been enthroned and an era of corruption in high places will follow, and the money power of the country will endeavour to prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the people until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed." -- Abraham Lincoln

"I hope we shall crush in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." -- Thomas Jefferson
    We call things racism just to get attention.We reduce complicated problems to racism,not because it is racism, but because it works
    AlfredoGutierrez

Here is my reply to Mr. Bush.

Mr. President,

Once again you have shown your disconnect with middle class America and your willingness to sell this country down the river to big business interests. Placing the national guard that rotates out every two weeks on our southern boarder with no authority to engage and arrest illegal invading aliens is no more than a smoke and mirror show.

Increasing technology, sensors and the like, will do nothing to secure the boarder without more boarder patrol agents. Six thousand more border patrol agents is not nearly enough. Increasing federal funds to state and local authorities is needed. Do you really mean what you say? Seems to me you promised aid to the victims of Hurricane Katrina. You delivered too little to late. Those people are still in a mess. I have found the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior. Do you think the American people are going to be satisfied with the appearance if increased boarder control?

You do not need to create a temporary worker program. You already have one, the green card. My husband came to America by that route and now is an American citizen. Many others have done the same. Illegal immigration is a slap in the face to those have played by the rules.

You do not need a fancy new ID card for foreign workers. Demand that employers check social security numbers against the data base already in place. If there is no match then it is a forged document or a stolen identity. Some patriotic business are already doing this with success. They are also finding it hard to compete with businesses that hire illegal aliens.

Mr. President, providing a means (fines and demand for back taxes) for ILLEGAL ALIEN INVADERS to become legal citizens is amnesty. It is only going to give an increased incentive for more people to try to cross the boarder illegally. It is good for big business but not for the middle class who pay for social services and free education for these illegal invaders.

Deportation of illegal invaders is not necessary. BUILD THE WALL,. SECURE THE BOARDER. FINE AND JAIL EMPLOYERS THAT HEIR ILLEGAL ALIENS. CONFISCATE AND AUCTION OFF THEIR ASSETS AND USE THOSE FUNDS TO PAY FOR INCREASED BOARDER SECURITY. Once the jobs dry up the illegal aliens will go home.

Do what is needed to stop this illegal alien invasion. Enforce the current immigration laws and labor laws. Lead the house and senate to do the same. In November I will vote. I will vote against any member that votes for your brand of amnesty and does not secure the border.

Cynthia Singh
    Florida

As far as I'm concerned, Bush is a total sell out, proved by the speech tonight.

He has not heard the American people. He apparently doesn't give a rip about his "base" (which is me, I guess, since I voted for the phony twice).

He doesn't care that the law is being broken all the time. After all, we are a nation of "immigrants", (who, presumably, break the law all the time).

What did he give us? A handful of Guard troops who are forbidden to arrest or detain illegals. Heck, most of 'em won't even be armed. An increase of Border patrol by "the end of 2008". Since the Guard can't do much, that will mean what, 12 million more illegals here by then? Some new gadgets "by and by". We'll see if those even materialize.

And then . . . amnesty redefined, path to citizenship, a stronger magnet for new illegals who will simply obtain forged documents proving they have been here since '88.

We got nothing from Bush folks. Nothing. Oh, I'm sorry, no more "Catch and release".

None of the above will make any real difference in slowing the flow and we all know it. Any small gains will be offset by the increased incentive to sneak in.

100 million new immigrants - that's what the Heritage Foundation says will come of this. God help us all, cause Bush sure won't.

With regards to the speech of last night by President Bush:

Sending our National Guard to the border to do paperwork and answer phones is ridiculous and a foolish waste of taxpayers money. Not to mention the fact of changing personnel every 2 weeks. This feeble attempt will undermine our border patrol even more in that they will constantly be training the National Guard every 2 weeks. It is merely a show of force that no illegal trying to enter our country will believe as they now know the National Guard cannot detain, arrest or even guard them.

His approval rating will also continue to drop as once again he has failed to listen to the voice of the american citizens in this country and failed to enforce our laws. Admitting to the catch and release of felons from other countries back in to our society is a serious breach of his duty to uphold the laws of our country and had seriously endangered the very citizens he has sworn to protect.

His mention to hire an illegal alien by companies in this country is against the law, but no mention of enforcing the law with corporations or the small businesses that employ them. Just a lame excuse that they have no way of verifying their status. This was an outright lie as all employers must verify social security numbers through the social security adminstration and are notified when numbers do not match names.

We do not need a temporary guest worker program as we already have a program in place. Also how will he enforce them going back after they are done when he cannot even identify all of the people in our country that have over-stayed their visas which continues to this day.

With regards to earned citizenship, they should all have to go back to their countries and apply legally. If this bill passes they will in fact go to the front of the line as they will be allowed to live in this country while applying for citizenship while all others in the process ahead of them will have to remain in their countries. This is favoritism and amnesty for those who have entered our country illegally. Paying back taxes when they cannot even determine how long and where they have been in our country is impossible to determine thus our government will not be able to collect these monies. A two thousand dollar fine, most illegals will claim hardship and thus their payment will be deferred indefinitely or eliminated.

Our president is selling out his voting citizens for the votes of illegal aliens in the future. No other republican president has by-passed his voting base for this purpose, most have tried to appease both.

Our president seriously jeopardizes this nation's security and economic future as well as it's citizens by his actions. This speech did nothing to allay those fears and hopefully woke up the rest of america's voting citizens to the detriment of these issues in our country.
    Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast