Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Absolut Boycott

I say we turn up the heat on them. We did it to Miller so we can do it to Absolut. I'll volunteer my services as a DBA to setup the database and some of the php scripting if needed..

-Bill Brooks

Re: Absolut Boycott

Quote Originally Posted by wilbrook
    I say we turn up the heat on them. We did it to Miller so we can do it to Absolut. I'll volunteer my services as a DBA to setup the database and some of the php scripting if needed..

-Bill Brooks
    Just let me know the plan and I will be there.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Cayla/Wilbrook - count me in, too. I'm willing to do anything needed to put pressure on them. I can contact bars or whatever else is needed. I feel that this is worse than the Bank of America and the Miller Beer fiasco.

I'm in. Chosen made a very good point in his post that where william wanted input on this ad.

Chosen quote in part:

Business and marketing ventures are very careful and seldom wreckless. But here is where this ad benefits us. We frequently hear from the main stream media and from demagogues on the left that we (opposition to illegal immigration) have made up the silly notion of reconquista. Infact I have heard Geraldo state this several times. If that were the case, and there was no notion of reconquista intent, or the mythical homeland of Atzlan, or if illegal aliens from Mexico had not made this assertion then how would the marketing folk at Absolut have come up with this idea? The fact is that because they considered this as a marketing ploy, it must be fairly evident and available. This absolut ad does nothing more than to prove the intentions of illegal aliens from Mexico. Their intentions are so strong that a vodka company, whose primary demographic does not include them found out that this feeling was so strong amongst them they would include it in an ad! No more saying that this idea of Aztlan is imaginary.

This is the most salient of all points. How does a Swedish company come up with this idea if it isn't there within the Mexican culture and within their agenda. (mine)
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

A great letter indeed!

Bettybb,

You HAVE to print their reply, if there is one!!!!! I am dying to read it!
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Great letter,,,,I'm dying to read the reply myself,,,,,,,if they have the balls to reply.

BTW,,,,,I have not seen this "Absolut" Billboard. is there some link or picture?
    ------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by mkfarnam
    Great letter,,,,I'm dying to read the reply myself,,,,,,,if they have the balls to reply.

BTW,,,,,I have not seen this "Absolut" Billboard. is there some link or picture?
    I was looking, but had not found one yet, I did find a wonderful parody picture, I just do not remember how to post pictures on this site. would somebody please post the second picture down for me?

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/archiv ... co_border/

I've been really busy with work lately and don't have time to read this whole thread to see if someone else has already mentioned that this story is now on Drudge. You know Drudge, that site that gets more than twenty million hits per day. This reconquista ad will definitely hurt Absolut's sales in the U.S..

I emailed my disaproval to Absolut. I also forwarded the ad to friends. It Absolut wants to market to Mexicans fine. But, it is unacceptable to include our southwestern states under the reign of Mexico.