Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

AgJobs Amnesty Defeated, but wait there's more

VICTORY: Cloture votes on AgJOBS defeated, but the battle goes on

1. VICTORY: CLOTURE VOTE ON CHAMBLISS-KYL SUBSTITUTE DEFEATED

The Senate has just voted 21 to 77 against invoking cloture on the Chambliss-Kyl substitute amendment on AgJOBS.

2. VICTORY: CLOTURE VOTE ON AGJOBS DEFEATED

Just after the roll call vote on the cloture motion on the Chambliss-Kyl substitute amendment, the Senate voted 53 to 45 against invoking cloture on the on Sen. Craig's AgJOBS amnesty.

We will be sending the roll call votes to you once they are available so you can see how your Senators voted.

This is a great victory for opponents of amnesty and illegal immigration. But please take just a minute to celebrate and then make another call to your Senators this afternoon!

3. BEFORE 4:30: CALL YOUR SENATOR TO OPPOSE MIKULSKI-GREGG AMENDMENT TO INCREASE FOREIGN-WORKER IMPORTATION

You can find the phone numbers for your Senators here:

http://www.numbersusa.com/myMembers

Your message can be as simple as:

"My name is _____. I am calling from ______ to ask Sen. ______ to oppose the Mikulski amendment (S. 359) to the Iraq\Afghanistan supplemental spending bill. Specifically, I am asking the Senator to vote NO on the cloture vote on the Mikulski amendment."

The vote is actually for "cloture" on the amendment to add the Mikulski-Gregg amendment to increase foreign-worker importation to the Iraq supplemental spending bill.

We want a NO vote on cloture as well as a NO vote on eventually.

If cloture passes (it needs 60 votes), the Mikulski-Gregg amendment will come to a vote after 30 more hours in which debate can continue. If that happens, we feel pretty certain that there are 51 votes to pass the amendment at the end of the debate. So, we do NOT want cloture.

If there are fewer than 60 votes for cloture, there is a strong sense that the amendment will be withdrawn and we will have won.

You can find more about the Mikulski-Gregg amendment online here: http://www.numbersusa.com/hottopic/H-2B030905.html

4. MORE LATER TODAY

We will come back to you later this evening and let you know the results of the cloture vote on the Mikulski-Gregg H-2B amendment.

THANK YOU

Thanks to your continued activism, we processed a record level of faxes overnight so Senate staffers were met with thousands of faxes from you this morning when they arrived. You are absolutely making a difference. Thank you for sticking with us throughout this battle.

ANNE
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Oh my gosh! I'm too excited by the headline to absorb the details. Thanks for the post, dman!
    "This country has lost control of its borders. And no country can sustain that kind of position." .... Ronald Reagan

I called 'em. Hope it helps.

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

Senate Roll Call Vote

Motion to Invoke Cloture on the Chambliss Amdt. No. 432 -- DEFEATED

77 Nay Votes:

Akaka (D-HI)
    Alexander (R-TN)
    Allen (R-VA)
    Baucus (D-MT)
    Bayh (D-IN)
    Bennett (R-UT)
    Biden (D-DE)
    Bingaman (D-NM)
    Boxer (D-CA)
    Brownback (R-KS)
    Bunning (R-KY)
    Byrd (D-WV)
    Cantwell (D-WA)
    Carper (D-DE)
    Chafee (R-RI)
    Clinton (D-NY)
    Coburn (R-OK)
    Coleman (R-MN)
    Conrad (D-ND)
    Cornyn (R-TX)
    Corzine (D-NJ)
    Craig (R-ID)
    Crapo (R-ID)
    Dayton (D-MN)
    DeWine (R-OH)
    Dodd (D-CT)
    Domenici (R-NM)
    Dorgan (D-ND)
    Ensign (R-NV)
    Enzi (R-WY)
    Feingold (D-WI)
    Feinstein (D-CA)
    Frist (R-TN)
    Hagel (R-NE)
    Harkin (D-IA)
    Hatch (R-UT)
    Hutchison (R-TX)
    Inhofe (R-OK)
    Inouye (D-HI)
    Isakson (R-GA)
    Jeffords (I-VT)
    Johnson (D-SD)
    Kennedy (D-MA)
    Kerry (D-MA)
    Kohl (D-WI)
    Lautenberg (D-NJ)
    Leahy (D-VT)
    Levin (D-MI)
    Lieberman (D-CT)
    Lincoln (D-AR)
    Lugar (R-IN)
    Martinez (R-FL)
    McCain (R-AZ)
    McConnell (R-KY)
    Mikulski (D-MD)
    Murkowski (R-AK)
    Murray (D-WA)
    Nelson (D-FL)
    Nelson (D-NE)
    Pryor (D-AR)
    Reed (D-RI)
    Reid (D-NV)
    Roberts (R-KS)
    Rockefeller (D-WV)
    Sarbanes (D-MD)
    Schumer (D-NY)
    Sessions (R-AL)
    Shelby (R-AL)
    Smith (R-OR)
    Snowe (R-ME)
    Specter (R-PA)
    Stabenow (D-MI)
    Talent (R-MO)
    Thune (R-SD)
    Vitter (R-LA)
    Voinovich (R-OH)
    Wyden (D-OR)

21 Yea votes:

Allard (R-CO)
    Bond (R-MO)
    Burns (R-MT)
    Burr (R-NC)
    Chambliss (R-GA)
    Cochran (R-MS)
    Collins (R-ME)
    DeMint (R-SC)
    Dole (R-NC)
    Graham (R-SC)
    Grassley (R-IA)
    Gregg (R-NH)
    Kyl (R-AZ)
    Landrieu (D-LA)
    Lott (R-MS)
    Salazar (D-CO)
    Santorum (R-PA)
    Stevens (R-AK)
    Sununu (R-NH)
    Thomas (R-WY)
    Warner (R-VA)

2 Not Voting

Durbin (D-IL)
    Obama (D-IL)

Congratulations everyone! I know that many of you worked very hard to defeat this amnesty attempt! This breaking news has been placed upon our homepage and I'm sending out the email alerts now! Well done ALIPAC Activists and special congratulations to NumbersUSA & FAIR. It is great to see so many groups in our movement working together.

http://www.alipac.us/article354.html

W

PS: To those politicians that attempted this amnesty, 2006 elections are right around the corner and boy do we have some bad news for you coming from ALIPAC!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'm grinnning from ear to ear! The power of unity never ceases to amaze me.

YIPEEEEE!!!!!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I am sickened by the fact that I know personally of many, many phonce calls and numerous emails sent to Burr & Dole. They both voted for it! They just lost my vote, that's for sure. And the vote of everyone I know!

Libby voted for? What is she thinking????????????????

At least my two senators have some "smarts."
    "This country has lost control of its borders. And no country can sustain that kind of position." .... Ronald Reagan

She did and she'll be sorry at election time! I can't believe she caved!!!!!

The stupid gutless Senate just past a massive foreign workers increase by a 94 to 6 vote. This bill by Sen Mikulski will more than triple the number of foreign workers visas from 66,000 a year to 227,000 a year. Americans say goodbye to your jobs. This is almost as rotten as passing an illegal alien amnesty. We have 15 mil unemployed Americans who can't find a job so it makes total sense to bring in more foreign workers to raise the unemployment rate. So once again while your all sleeping America has been sold out to the cheap labor lobby and the NWO. Now the Demoncats can further peddle their lie that they are for the little guy when the ones getting screwed over the most are the little guys in America. Hopefully the House will reject this abomination. Don't worry about the Senate not passing an illegal alien amnesty because while they didn't pass a massive one, they were just able to pass an amnesty lite disguised as a guest worker visa program. Once again the OBL cheap labor crowd wins, America loses IMO.

GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast