Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

From C&BP's own Ask A Question Web Page!

There are many reasons for a person to be denied entry into the U.S. The most obvious are if a person is suspected of having ties to terrorist or criminal organizations. But there are many more reasons for persons to be excluded from the U.S. Among them are having been found guilty of crimes of moral turpetude (Child molestation, rape, fraud, theft, etc.), having been found guilty of a criminal offense (for instance murder or grand theft), having overstayed a previous visit to the U.S., or if the visitor is suspected of having an infectious disease. In addition, tourist visitors to the U.S. are expected to have sufficient funds to support themselves while here - in order to ensure that they will not attempt to find employment in the U.S., which is a violation of the terms of the tourist visa. Tourist visitors must also be able to demonstrate that they have significant ties to their resident country. This is to ensure that they are not coming to the U.S. with the intent to illegally stay here as an immigrant. In both of these cases, it is up to the visitor to be able to convince a CBP officer of their intention to abide by the terms of their visa. If the visitor does not appear to have the means to support themself while here, any alternative arrangements - such as a sponsor who will be paying all expenses - should be clearly identified and be able to be substantiated by the CBP officer. Finally, if you have been denied entry in the past, that could itself be cause to deny you entry again. If you believe that the previous denial was for something that no longer applies (i.e. you now have sufficent funds), you may write a letter explaining the reason you were denied entry, where and when it occured, and why you believe the reason for the denial of entry should no longer be a factor. This is no guarantee that CBP will agree with your reasoning, but we will take it under advisement. Send the letter and the attached form (filled out and signed by you) to: Customs and Border ProtectionFOIA/CSURoom 5.5C1300 Pennsylvania Ave. NWWashington, DC 20229It is also possible to contact the U.S. Embassy, Office of Consular Affairs in your resident country to request a waiver. The waiver essentially mitagates a legitimite reason to deny entry on the basis that the previous negative circumstance is no longer a significant concern. Likewise, many countries' court system will issue a discharge or pardon (the legal term can vary) of a guilty finding if you have not offended again within a certain amount of time. Discharges or pardons may be considered by a CBP officer to mitigate a reason to deny entry, although they do not guarantee it. As mentioned above, being convicted of some crimes will permanently bar the offender from entry into the U.S.If you believe that you have been denied entry for no legitimate reason, you may click on the "ask a question" tab at the top of this page to submit the complaint. It will be forwarded to our passenger processing office for review. Please be sure to include all details, such as time and place of arrival, reason for denial of admission, and any evidence you have that you believe should have resulted in a decision to admit you into the U.S.Please be aware, entering the United States is a privilage, not a right. It is not our intent to inconvenience law abiding visitors to our country, but our overriding responsibility is to enforce U.S. immigration law and to keep our country safe from those who would do us harm.
    Al
    Hayden, ID

““When they call the roll in the Senate, the senators do not know whether to answer ‘present’ or ‘guilty’.â€

Thanks for the explanation, Al-very informative indeed. While you write letters, I'll just "lock and load".

It is not our intent to inconvenience law abiding visitors to our country, but our overriding responsibility is to enforce U.S. immigration law and to keep our country safe from those who would do us harm.
    Unfortunately, way too many people who don't fit within the parameters that make them eligible to enter legally swim or walk (depending on how much rain there has been) across the Rio Grande. I know that the Border Patrol surveils those areas so apparently it is their job to try to keep those people from coming acoss as well. I don't think they are sitting out there in a hot vehicle in hundred degree heat just for kicks.

Thousands of dollars are spent monthy fishing illegal aliens out of the Rio Grande when they run into problems trying to get across. I think those people should be fined a sufficient amount to pay the salaries of their rescuers or else the Mexican government should either fish their own people out of there or else put their own patrols on the border to help stop the people from escapiong from Mexico. I have never heard of an American drowning trying to cross into Mexico, by the way.

I don't know about all cities on the border but I know that there are at least four legal points of entry in the El Paso, TX area. I know that there are literally thousands of people who cross through those checkpoints every single day and go back to whichever side of the border they belong on after they finish visiting, conducting their business, etc. Having crossed that border several times, I'm certainly not satisfied that the people coming and going are checked thoroughtly since I wasn't even asked for so much as my drivers license to come back into the USA and my husband was only asked if he was a US citizen! What kind of checkpoint is that?

Considering the number of vehicles loaded with drugs, slaves, or other contraband that come right across the bridges, I would be willing to wager that they aren't checked any more carefully than the foot traffic.

So, apparently, they feel like pretty much all of them are law abiding citizens deserving of the chance to come and go as they please. Personally, I'd rather they check everyone, regardless of how long it takes people to come and go than to relax the process of checking depending upon the number of cars sitting on the bridges waiting to cross.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I was reading articles on the CBP website last night, and I was surprised to find this statement at the end of every article on the site:

U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) is the unified border agency within the Department of Homeland Security charged with the management, control, and protection of our Nation's borders at and between the official ports of entry. CBP is charged with keeping terrorists and terrorist weapons out of the country while enforcing hundreds of U.S. laws.

Not one mention of immigration.

Tried to find archived copies of webpages from CBP through www.archive.org "wayback machine", but all I got was this message:

"Robots.txt Query Exclusion.
    We're sorry, access to http://www.cbp.gov has been blocked by the site owner via robots.txt."

Does anybody have any older articles from CBP--I just wonder if their website has always said "charged with keeping terrorists", etc.; or if the blurb at the end of their articles has been chantged.

Quote Originally Posted by slantedplanet
    Tried to find archived copies of webpages from CBP through www.archive.org "wayback machine", but all I got was this message:

"Robots.txt Query Exclusion.
    We're sorry, access to http://www.cbp.gov has been blocked by the site owner via robots.txt."

Does anybody have any older articles from CBP--I just wonder if their website has always said "charged with keeping terrorists", etc.; or if the blurb at the end of their articles has been chantged.
    I was thinking the same thing.

archived pages from CBP

Okay, here is what it used to say at the bottom of their webpages:

"U.S. Customs and Border Protection is the agency within the Department of Homeland Security charged with the protection of our nation’s borders. CBP unified Customs, Immigration, Agriculture Inspectors, and the Border Patrol into one border agency for the United States."

You know, I think they're just re-writing history a la Orwell.

[i]Jorge Boosh- “The Deciderâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

[quote="zeezil"]
    [i]Jorge Boosh- “The Deciderâ€

Carillo states it's not my job to detain illegals..

I called the office of the border patrol in Laredo to complain....956-764-3200...about Carillos misguided assessment of his job. They refered me to Sarah Melindez who was on maternity leave. She is their public relations officer. They told me to call back monday and speak to Mr. Gregorio Salinas who was filling in.
    According to the officer I spoke to they are supposed to detain illegals and drug runners.
    I am wondering how their chief Carillo could have made such a stupid statement and how his force don't know what he's saying.
    Please call if you get the chance and put some heat on him.
    If you know a better person to call and complain to then please post it. I don't think talking to Chertoff would do any good because they really have no intention of enforcing our laws. They can't even access social security records to enforce them and only intend to send some lame letter that amounts to a threat to employers who also know they have no real intention to enforce laws.
    What are we to do....let this go on until they force the North American Union down our throats?
    They confiscated guns after hurricane in New Orleans....you might expect that when the next terrorist attack hits. How convenient that they enacted a Militia Law to do it this year in case of insurrection????
    Bush has too much power....this is unconstitutional.
    He stated "The constitution is only a G_dd__ned piece of paper" Maybe it is to him but the way I see it he took an oath to uphold it. He needs to be impeached or tried for treason. So does Gov. Perry. He is on the North American Union bandwagon with Bush.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast