Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    I'm so glad that Bill O'Reilly sees the light on this issue.

What is up with that family? I can't believe they are not enraged that their children were killed needlessly in a crime that should have been prevented.

W
    Do you realize how cold-hearted and pretentious it sounds for you to be telling the families how they should be reacting to their daughters' deaths? You're basically saying, "If these people were thinking straight, they'd be viewing their daughters' deaths as part of a larger political issue, not in terms of their personal tragic loss."

To you, it's a political issue. To these people, it's the children they loved. You can't tell them how they should be feeling or how they should be grieving or who they should be angry at.

This is their loss. Not yours.

No offense.

Quote Originally Posted by pjr40
    I also watched the show last night and came away with the impression that "her honor" the mayor and her husband were the typical worm-like politicians who pander to the illegals. They couldn't care less who is killed or injured through their actions ,or lack thereof, as long as they can keep their elected position.
    What exactly gave you that impression? How did they come off as people who pander to illegals, other than the fact that O'Reilly said it was so. What I saw was two people who were surprised and upset that a camera crew would ambush them on their own property with cameras rolling and microphones in their faces before they even got out of the car. If O'Reilly wanted to be professional about it, his people would have called ahead to arrange an interview. Or they would have spoken to the Mayor and her husband off camera first to ask about it. The "ambush/gotcha" style is pure tabloid trash.

I don't know what this woman does or what she can do about illegal immigrants in her town, but certainly the driveway footage on "The O'Reilly Factor" didn't give us any glimpse into her politics or her beliefs.

Adam-k,

Aside from the above incident, what are your views on the effects of illegal immigration in this country?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

What exactly gave you that impression? How did they come off as people who pander to illegals, other than the fact that O'Reilly said it was so. What I saw was two people who were surprised and upset that a camera crew would ambush them on their own property with cameras rolling and microphones in their faces before they even got out of the car. If O'Reilly wanted to be professional about it, his people would have called ahead to arrange an interview. Or they would have spoken to the Mayor and her husband off camera first to ask about it. The "ambush/gotcha" style is pure tabloid trash.

With my advanced age I have grown VERY perceptive.
    <div>Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself. Mark Twain</div>

Quote Originally Posted by pjr40

With my advanced age I have grown VERY perceptive.
    As in ESP, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by CCUSA
    Adam-k,

Aside from the above incident, what are your views on the effects of illegal immigration in this country?
    My views of illegal immigration are basically that it's an incredibly complex issue that's going to take a generation to really fix if it not longer, and it's a ridiculous disservice to all concerned for people like O'Reilly to act like it's something simple. He says the mayor of Virginia Beach is to blame for illegal immigrants in her city. He says she runs a sanctuary city. But from what I can see, things in Virginia Beach aren't that different than most other cities in the U.S., so O'Reilly is just singling that city out and then specifically singling her out and calling her names.

AS I SEEN IT

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    I'm so glad that Bill O'Reilly sees the light on this issue.

What is up with that family? I can't believe they are not enraged that their children were killed needlessly in a crime that should have been prevented.

W
    I SEEN THE SHOW AND O'REILLY had on the father and sister (mr.K) i believe. I believe he extended an invitation to the mayor who refused...so when mohammand doesn't come to the mountain the mountain goes to mohamand....He as the rest of us have a right to know how an illegal mwith 3/4 dwi's is still running the streets and now killed 2 girls...Mr. K is grieving qnd in shock i'd say...but he intends to address the fact that the girls are dead because... an illegal alien was in the country and not in jail also after several dwi"s and mr.o'reilly offered to give him any help he needs
    and to make this case a sactuary test case. He was irate because 2 INNOCENT TEENAGERS WERE KILLED BY SOMEONE WHO DON'T BELONG IN THIS COUNTRY. and then also another

Politicians Must Take a Stand Against Illegal Immigrants
    Zachary Buckler

April 7, 2007
    Rafael Ramirez Perez, an illegal alien hit and killed Amy Kortlang, in a drunk driving accident. The accident happened in Virginia.

.....VIVA O'REILLY AND A SUGGESTION WE SHOULD SEND HIM ALL OUR OBIT'S....AND TO GERALDO TOO WHO THINKS THE ILLEGALS ARE JUST POOR PEOPLE TRYING TO PUT FOOD ON THE TABLE.....i e-mailed him and addressed this

GERALDO
    atlarge@foxnews.com

BILL O'REILLY
    oreilly@foxnews.com

GLENN BECK
    GLENNBECK@cnn.com
    FYI...
    glenn has been covering illegal immigration just about everyday...
    he is a new comer to cable ..maybe a year...but he speaks and tells as no one else does...he's not afraid (primetime news channel of cnn same channel as nancy grace)
    <div>If a squirrel goes up a politician's pants... You can bet...he'll come-back down hungry.....

</div>

http://washingtontimes.com/metro/200704 ... -9667r.htm

Virginia Beach has it backward on illegal aliens

By Tom Knott
    April 12, 2007

Virginia Beach officials seemingly object more to Fox News commentator Bill O'Reilly than to a system that enabled an intoxicated illegal alien with a drunken past to be behind the wheel of an automobile that resulted in the deaths of two teenage girls.
    Mr. O'Reilly has highlighted this sad, unforgivable story on his nightly show. It is the story of a politically correct system that was blind to the drunken revelry of 22-year-old Alfredo Ramos, the illegal alien who had three alcohol-related convictions before the night in late March, when his vehicle slammed into the rear of a vehicle idling at a red light and snuffed out the lives of Alison Kuhnhardt and Tessa Tranchant.
    It is the story of a judicial system that essentially admonished Ramos with a stern warning after he was convicted of driving under the influence in February. It is the story of Chesapeake Judge Colon Whitehurst, who gave Ramos a 90-day suspended sentence, fined him $250, revoked his driver's license and ordered him to participate in an alcohol-awareness program.
    The revoking of his driver's license was the most absurd element of the sentence -- for Ramos did not have a valid driver's license. He had a phony one, which he had purchased for $200 from a Florida-based company.
    It is the story of a city that instructs police officers not to seek the immigration status of defendants charged with misdemeanors. The policy is the brainchild of Virginia Beach Police Chief Jake Jacocks Jr., who thinks it is useful in getting the illegal community to report criminal activities and aid in their prosecution.
    It is a story that Mr. O'Reilly has amplified with outrage and incredulousness, sentiments no doubt shared by all too many residents in Virginia.
    What was this illegal alien doing out on the streets, given his past? How was he afforded so many civil liberties in which his first act upon entering this country seven years ago was an illegal one? You won't find any answers from the lawmakers of Virginia Beach.
    Instead, they say Mr. O'Reilly is playing politics with what is essentially a drunken-driving case, which the city is prepared to prosecute. Ramos has been charged with aggravated involuntary manslaughter in the girls' deaths and faces up to 40 years in prison if convicted.
    They say drunken drivers remain the scourge of our roadways, which is true but misses a fundamental point. This was one drunken driver who did not have to be our problem. He already had three convictions related to alcohol. Worse, he wasn't even supposed to be in our country.
    Somehow, though, because of our lawmakers' urge to afford latitudes to illegal aliens that American-born citizens do not merit, Ramos was allowed to go his merry way until it cost the lives of two teens.
    You wonder if an American with the alcohol-reeking background of Ramos would have been able to skate through the legal system as he did. You wonder if the DUI conviction alone -- forget the phony ID, the identity theft, the no car insurance and the report of the arresting officer who wrote that Ramos "almost ran him down" -- would have merited a harsher sentence for an American.
    Alas, we live in an upside-down time. We live in a time in which a Virginia Beach police spokesman says it possibly could be a violation of an illegal alien's civil rights to ask if the person is here legally or not.
    To which could be asked: What civil rights? Just wondering, but which part of the Constitution covers the civil rights of illegal aliens? Officials of the two Tidewater cities of Virginia Beach and Chesapeake have been ill-prepared before Mr. O'Reilly's national spotlight. His message is hardly the problem.
    The problem is a system that throws up its hands in resignation to illegal aliens. And it is a system that is hardly unique to Virginia Beach and Chesapeake.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by adam-k
    My views of illegal immigration are basically that it's an incredibly complex issue that's going to take a generation to really fix if it not longer,
    How long do you consider a "generation"? How many more Americans must be killed? Just where/when would you begin to solve this "incredibly complex issue"? How would you suggest that it be stopped?

and it's a ridiculous disservice to all concerned for people like O'Reilly to act like it's something simple.
    Do you watch O'Reilly regularly? He has NEVER, to be best of my knowledge, even hinted in any way that "it's something simple". He's actually a child advocate. That's why he brought this particular case to the attention of the nation.

He says the mayor of Virginia Beach is to blame for illegal immigrants in her city. He says she runs a sanctuary city.
    She does, in fact, run a sanctuary city. When the police department has specific instructions not to ask about immigration status and they do not report these DUI offenders to ICE, it's a sanctuary city whether or not town officials have declared it openly.

But from what I can see, things in Virginia Beach aren't that different than most other cities in the U.S., so O'Reilly is just singling that city out and then specifically singling her out and calling her names.
    This guy had 4 previous DUIs and was still allowed back on the road to again drive drunk. Only difference is this time he killed two innocent teenagers.

As long as local, state & federal officials continue to sit on their thumbs for the almighty dollar, more innocent Americans will die at the hands of illegal aliens.

Go to http://www.immigrationshumancost.org/ and read about other innocent lives taken by illegal aliens.

Adam K have you ever heard of K.I.S.S. to keep is simple if your here "illegally" then you don't belong here. I don't see it taking a generation to figure that out unless its a generation of imbeciles.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast