Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

[quote=adam-k][quote="had_enuf":6n0vywbf]
    Quote Originally Posted by "adam-k":6n0vywbf
    I don't think it's the end of the world, either.
    It certainly was for Tessa Tranchant and Alison Kunhardt.

Quote Originally Posted by adam-k
    Because he won't admit that he made a mistake in blaming her to begin with?
    Looks like once again you're in the minority.

Is O'Reilly right to go after Mayor Oberndorf?
    No Way: 9.7%
    Of course: 82.2%
    Yes, but I don't agree with his tactics: 8.0%
    760 total responses[/quote:6n0vywbf]

1.) Alison and Tessa would be just as dead if they were hit by an American drunk driver.
    2.) Yes, I'm in the minority based on that unscientific poll. But I have the facts on my side ... the mayor of Va Beach has essentially no more power than any other council member, and it's the city manager, not the mayor, who oversees the police department. Those are facts. O'Reilly knows them but chooses to ignore them rather than admit he was wrong because he's getting good ratings by calling her names and making sexist comments about her. So you can cite a poll that says O'Reilly should continue attacking the mayor even though she is just 1/12th of the city council and has basically no say over the police. Doesn't mean the people responding to the poll are correct.[/quote:6n0vywbf]

In reply to #1, I hope and pray those of us who have lost loved ones at the hands of drunk-driving illegal aliens don't see your callous post.

In reply to #2, no it's not scientific. Please point out where anyone said it was scientific. Let's agree to call it a fed-up citizens' poll, ok?

BTW, I just came across this little ditty which could explain the good mayor's lack of action re illegal aliens roaming the streets of VB:

"She has rarely taken a stance on immigration locally, but as a participant in the U.S. conference of mayors, she has urged President Bush to reform the country's immigration policies and called the proposal to build the 300-mile fence along the Mexico border "un-American."
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

HadEnuf -
    There's nothing callous about my post. Their daughters were killed by a drunken driver. It's tragic. It's awful. But it's not a political issue. They've said that themselves. Again, no one seemed to have any problem with an ALIPAC "president/administrator" in this thread criticizing the families for not making time in their grief to get up on a soapbox and join your crusade.

Secondly, the point isn't that it's an unscientific poll. The point is, it doesn't matter how many polled folks think it's the mayor's fault. The fact is that in Va Beach's governmental setup, the mayor has basically no more power than any other council member and is not in charge of the police department (the city manager is). So if the mayor is a ceremonial position with no bearing over the police, why is O'Reilly right to single her out for attack about a police policy he doesn't like?

I also don't like the idea of the 300-mile fence. I don't know that I'd call it "un-American," but I don't think it solves anything and I think it would be a symbolic gesture. A gesture I wouldn't like.

They've said that themselves. Again, no one seemed to have any problem with an ALIPAC "president/administrator" in this thread criticizing the families for not making time in their grief to get up on a soapbox and join your crusade.
    Post it here, please.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

HadEnuf -
    There's nothing callous about my post. Their daughters were killed by a drunken driver. It's tragic. It's awful. But it's not a political issue. They've said that themselves. Again, no one seemed to have any problem with an ALIPAC "president/administrator" in this thread criticizing the families for not making time in their grief to get up on a soapbox and join your crusade.
    Adam, to say "Alison and Tessa would be just as dead if they were hit by an American drunk driver." is, imo, a callous statement. Had this drunk-driving illegal alien been sent back to his home after the first DUI offense, would these two girls be alive today?

Everyone agrees that we have citizens & legal residents that drive and drink. We have far too many people legally in the US as it is. We certainly don't need those from foreign countries as well.

What do you think the chances are of a citizen/legal resident who is driving drunk hitting these two girls, at this intersection, at that exact time? I believe it would be slim and none.

Secondly, the point isn't that it's an unscientific poll. The point is, it doesn't matter how many polled folks think it's the mayor's fault. The fact is that in Va Beach's governmental setup, the mayor has basically no more power than any other council member and is not in charge of the police department (the city manager is). So if the mayor is a ceremonial position with no bearing over the police, why is O'Reilly right to single her out for attack about a police policy he doesn't like?
    The mayor is a "ceremonial position"? Then why even have a mayor? But wasn't she with other city officials at their news conference where they tried to shift the focus from the fact that this man is an illegal immigrant to the fact that he is a drunk driver? So the city manager is in charge of the police department. To whom does the city manager answer?

I also don't like the idea of the 300-mile fence. I don't know that I'd call it "un-American," but I don't think it solves anything and I think it would be a symbolic gesture. A gesture I wouldn't like.
    The 300-mile fence just shows how far out in left field the mayor actually is. The bill that has been passed is for a 700-mile fence. But, I too, disagree; the fence should be across the entire 2,000 mile southern border.

What I call un-American are those who aid, abet, harbor and advocate for illegal aliens who have NO right to be in this country in the first place.

Banned
    Take It From A Local...Bill O'Reilly Is Right, Virginia Beach Is A Sanctuary For Illegal Aliens!

http://newsbyus.com/more.php?id=7859_0_1_0_M

By Dave Gibson on Apr 13, 07

The recent news of two Virginia Beach, Va. girls killed by an illegal alien drunk driver has caught the angry attention of Fox News’ Bill O’Reilly. He has put the spotlight on that city’s Mayor and Police Chief and has characterized the resort city as a place where drunken Mexican invaders are allowed to roam freely. While city leaders have bristled at his accusations, Bill O’Reilly got it right. I live here and I am a daily witness to the unlawful transformation of this once beautiful city.

Less than two weeks ago, Mexican national Alfredo Ramos slammed into the rear of the vehicle in which Allison Kuhnhardt and Tessa Tranchant were stopped while waiting at a traffic light. Ramos, 22 was traveling at a high rate of speed and was drunk at the time (he blew a .14 BAC). The two high school students had to be cut from their crumpled car and both later died after being taken to the hospital. Ramos suffered only a busted lip.

Though an illegal alien, Alfredo Ramos had been living in Virginia Beach for quite a while and worked at local a Mexican restaurant known as Mi Casita. Ramos has been previously convicted of three separate charges of public intoxication, identity theft, and most recently a DUI. He speaks only Spanish and required an interpreter at his arraignment.

While Ramos had already been convicted of a DUI, Virginia Beach policy requires an illegal alien to be convicted of three DUI’s before the police will report them to immigration authorities. Virginia Beach Commonwealth Attorney Harvey Bryant recently confirmed the policy.

The two girls which Ramos killed were ages 16 and 17. Tessa Tranchant’s brother Dylan had only been home from Iraq for two weeks, when his sister was killed. Dylan was tasked with identifying his little sister’s body.

While the leadership of Virginia Beach has never formally declared the city to be a ‘sanctuary’ for illegal aliens, the way the leadership of Chicago or Houston have done, it is every bit the haven to invaders that those two cities represent. Virginia Beach is dominated by hotels and housing developers, both of which hire tremendous numbers of illegal aliens.

Crooked hotel owners often declare that they could simply not operate without the influx of Mexican and Central American nationals who can frequently be seen passed out drunk on the beach during the summer. The city has also built thousands of over-priced cookie cutter homes in the last several years, most of which have been constructed by illegal Mexican labor and the practice shows no sign of ending. Rest assured, Mayor Meyra Obendorf never makes a move without consulting with her masters in the hotel and construction industries.

The building boom has turned local convenience and home improvement store parking lots into gathering spots for groups of often drunken Latino men. While the city is very happy raking in huge profits in increased real estate taxes, they pass precious little of that revenue on to the citizens. While having a population of 450,000 residents, Virginia Beach still relies solely on a volunteer rescue squad for medical emergencies.

Virginia Beach Police Chief Jake Jacocks went on the offensive and claimed that O’Reilly was wrong in focusing on the fact that Ramos was an illegal alien. He accused the Fox News commentator of turning the girls’ deaths into a “political issue.” However, local ABC affiliate WVEC showed that the police chief was at least culpable in the tragedy when they reported that “Chief Jacocks says the policy of not reporting illegals until after three DUI charges was his idea. He hoped it would let illegal immigrants feel comfortable if they were involved in an accident.”

Last week, Mayor Obendorf told reporters: “I never want anyone to miss the fact that someone who was drunk caused the death of two innocent young women, and it had nothing to do with nationality or anyone doing anything inappropriate as far as the government is concerned.”

Despite the Mayor’s and Police Chief’s insistence that Ramos’ illegal status had nothing to do with the loss of Kuhnhardt and Tranchant, they are simply passing the buck. At some point, someone of conscience has to make a stand and say enough! Unfortunately, for those two girls, no one made that stand.

Two girls who had their whole lives ahead of them are now dead because gutless politicians refused to uphold their responsibility to the taxpayers, in favor of big business. Mayor Obendorf and Police Chief Jacocks should be put on trial along with Alfredo Ramos!

Two girls who had their whole lives ahead of them are now dead because gutless politicians refused to uphold their responsibility to the taxpayers, in favor of big business. Mayor Obendorf and Police Chief Jacocks should be put on trial along with Alfredo Ramos!

I agree with Mr. Gibson. These two city officials are just as guilty for the deaths of these girls as the illegal alien, maybe more so.

Virginia Beach Police Chief Jake Jacocks went on the offensive and claimed that O’Reilly was wrong in focusing on the fact that Ramos was an illegal alien. He accused the Fox News commentator of turning the girls’ deaths into a “political issue.” However, local ABC affiliate WVEC showed that the police chief was at least culpable in the tragedy when they reported that “Chief Jacocks says the policy of not reporting illegals until after three DUI charges was his idea. He hoped it would let illegal immigrants feel comfortable if they were involved in an accident.”
    This is such insanity that I can't even find words to express my feelings.

There is NO thought or compassion for the wellfare and well being of American citizens. ONLY for the ILLEGAL CRIMINALS!!!

This man AND the mayor, beholden to the building & hotel industries, should be canned, lawsuits filed and they should be held responsible for this disaster!

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndamendsis
    They've said that themselves. Again, no one seemed to have any problem with an ALIPAC "president/administrator" in this thread criticizing the families for not making time in their grief to get up on a soapbox and join your crusade.
    Post it here, please.
    FROM PAGE 1 of this thread:

"What is up with that family? I can't believe they are not enraged that their children were killed needlessly in a crime that should have been prevented. That family and Mayor may not care, but the rest of America does. I guess they just want to grieve in silence instead of trying to help prevent this from happening to our loved ones."

This "president/administrator" of ALIPAC suggests that the family doesn't care enough and isn't grieving correctly. But no one called this person callous or heartless.

This "president/administrator" of ALIPAC suggests that the family doesn't care enough and isn't grieving correctly. But no one called this person callous or heartless.
    How about we put the ENTIRE post here so that no one is confused by your butchering it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm so glad that Bill O'Reilly sees the light on this issue.

What is up with that family? I can't believe they are not enraged that their children were killed needlessly in a crime that should have been prevented.

That family and Mayor may not care, but the rest of America does. I guess they just want to grieve in silence instead of trying to help prevent this from happening to our loved ones.

Someone want to get us some e-mails for the Mayor and Bill O'Reilly so our supporters can send in their comments and opinions?

W
    Adam,
    you are trying to interject an untruth about a poster. Very slick but no cigar.

I can't believe they are not enraged that their children were killed needlessly in a crime that should have been prevented.
    You forgot to mention this in your post.

There is no inference of of "grieving incorrectly, or doesn't care enough.' There is definitely confusion as to the parents lack of visible 'rage.'
    That is a very natural question for a person who has not experienced such an horrific tragedy.

Why would you attempt to skew the writer's meaning? That's completely off base.

Are you a contractor or possibly related to the ass of a mayor or police chief? You obviously have an agenda which is quite evident from your attempts at ignoring what the Mayor and Police Chief have said concerning this situation and the ILLEGAL ALIEN situation in their jurisdiction. I believe you also made an 'excuse' that the ass of a mayor is just a 'figurehead.' Which, of course, is plainly ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by had_enuf
    One other thing, do you have a pony in this race
    I've been watching this thread for awhile and am still wondering when adam-k is going to answer had_enuf's question?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast