Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

NOT a GOOD PLACE TO BE, huh???!!! Come on back to God's country and leave HELL PASO TO THE DAMNED.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

I guess I shouldn't be so mean. Some people like it here. I just don't happen to be one of them. LOL
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Well, JJ--there's just NO PLACE LIKE HOME, is there??
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

That is right. But let's don't tell all the people in El Paso about NC or they will want to follow me home. ROFL!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Actually, it is not quite as bad as this article portrays. Yes we will run out of oil eventually, but other energy sources will be developed. Already programs are under way for cheap solar cells and fusion energy. Of course we should still limit the US population to conserve other resources and especially wildlife habitat.

If the 30 million or so illegal aliens were deported, that would decrease the US population substantially. The birth rate of 2.03 they mention actually is higher than the 1.8 birthrate the US had in the 1970's. It has increased since then due to the higher birthrate of poor immigrants groups, primarily illegal aliens. If the illegals were deported and the government stopped paying the ones that were already legaized to have more than 2 children, then the US birthrate would drop back to 1.8 or even less. Thus there would be no "population momentum".

These two actions, deporting illegals and stop paying people to have more than 2 children, would result in a stable US population of about 275 million. After about 2 decades, it would start to decrease due to a 1.7 or 1.8 birthrate.

Now if legal immigration were limited to 600,000 a year as recommended by the Jordan Commission, and emigration (people leaving) stayed at about 200,000 a year, this net immigration would add only about 10 million to the US population, or to a maximum or about 285 million. This is 15 million less than we have now.

If this was maintained the US population would be about 250 million by centuries end, instead of the 1 billion it will be if nothing is done.

I guess what I am saying is the big thing causing US population growth is illegal immigration. Legal immigration is only a small factor, and the US population will decrease even with limited legal immigration, as long as illegal aliens are deported and big family incentives are ended.

Now if legal immigration were limited to 600,000 a year as recommended by the Jordan Commission, and emigration (people leaving) stayed at about 200,000 a year, this net immigration would add only about 10 million to the US population, or to a maximum or about 285 million. This is 15 million less than we have now.
    Six hundred Thousand immigrants annually is WAY too many! Cut that figure down to about 200,000 and I might go along with it, if they only let people in who had skills and knew our language or were at least capable of learning it.

Quote Originally Posted by JuniusJnr

Six hundred Thousand immigrants annually is WAY too many! Cut that figure down to about 200,000 and I might go along with it, if they only let people in who had skills and knew our language or were at least capable of learning it.
    Right now about 200,000 skilled immigrants who know English plus their immediate family members are let in.
    Then there are another 250,000 foreigners who marry US citizens. Plus about 60,000 children adopted by US citizens. That adds up to 510,000. Are you saying you don't think US citizens should be able to marry foreigners, or adopt foreign children?

TimBinh--I saw figures recently where the 500,000 was increased by Congress about ten years ago to 1,000,000 legal immigrants a year plus several hundred thousand more on special visas some with no numbers restriction.

I'll see if I can find that report and post it. It was under Clinton in the mid-90's--1995 or 1996.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

http://www.newsbatch.com/immigration.htm

This has a great summary and states almost 1,000,000 entered legally in 2004. I'm still looking for the report that showed it for all the years.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

http://www.afsa.org/fsj/jun01/martinjune01.cfm

Here is another nice article with some stats.

Still looking for the report that showed it by year according to law.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast