Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

http://www.carryingcapacity.org/100000.html

Another good article. All of these say over 1,000,000 Legal Immigrants a year which matches the chart I saw a while back. It showed the Congressional limit of 500,000 and then in 1995 or so Congress increased it to 1,000,000. Darn it. Wish I'd saved it. Does anyone remember if I posted it?
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Judy
    TimBinh--I saw figures recently where the 500,000 was increased by Congress about ten years ago to 1,000,000 legal immigrants a year plus several hundred thousand more on special visas some with no numbers restriction.
    I'll see if I can find that report and post it. It was under Clinton in the mid-90's--1995 or 1996.
    The 510,000 I mentioned was recent immigration only for those categories. In 1990 under Bush 1 overall legal immigration was increased to 675,000. However, this number does not include political refugees. Also, if more than 250,000 immidiate relatives of US citizens apply for green cards, the overall limit of 675,000 is increased to accomodate all who apply. In 2000 Clinton approved a Section 245i amnesty which allowed illegal aliens married to US citizens to apply for green cards. Because this category has no cap, the amnesty caused total legal immigration to ballon to about 1 million. It has since dropped back down to about 750,000.

The visas you talk about do have numerical restrictions, for example H1B and H2B over which there has been a lot of conflict over whether these numbers should be raised or lowered. About half of these visa holders adjust to legal immigrants at some point. In other words, not all legal immigrants come from outside the US, some are these visa holders who adjust their status to legal immigrant while inside the US. Many of the visa holders return to their country of origin, while some stay illeglly. Obviously the illegal overstayers need to be deported.

I can't find this nice simple chart that showed the number allowed each year for the past 15 or 20 years. Until 1995, it was 500,000 or so; then it rose to 1,100,000 and last year it was 1,300,000 all categories.

There is no limit on the Ag Workers to my knowledge and a couple of other visa programs, some type that has a a different letter than the H1 or H2b. I can't remember it right now. I think it has a T in it.

I wish I'd printed out that chart. It was nice and simple and prepared by some US Congressional Office..GAO or someone like that.

I read where the immigrant population is changing the birth rate with a higher birth rate than Americans. That means we need to substantially reduce immigration to maintain our population control.

Personally, I think we need a Moratorium until the nation can get a firm and accurate handle on what is going on with our population and demographics.

When you think about it, I don't even understand why we have a Family Unification Program. If I move to California, why would my whole family relocate there? Americans don't do that so why should we provide an avenue for foreign nationals to do something we don't even do. They can go home and visit. My Dad worked in 5 different states and would be away from home for months at a time. We didn't all pick up and roam around with him.

I think we've had some very silly people working in our government in the immigration area.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

GREAT RESEARCH, Judy and Tim! However many the total really is just is WAY TOO MANY. The reason for the moratorium is to get a handle on the numbers, make sure we're getting rid of the illegals--NOT giving them a pathway to citizenship as our esteemed President and some of his OBL's in Congress want to do.

I STILL think getting rid of the Anchor Baby law is one of THE MOST IMPORTANT steps in this process. THOSE are the ones that are costing US all of this welfare money. And, when you factor in the fact that MOST of the immigrants coming from South of the Border are Catholic and do not believe in birth control, that just DOUBLES the number of Anchor babies that, ultimately, WE are going to be supporting.

And, I agree wholeheartedly with you, JJ--NONE of them should be allowed to come here--legally or otherwise--unless they EITHER SPEAK English or IMMEDIATELY, upon arrival, are REQUIRED to enrol in English classes. They would be REQUIRED to be fluent before they got the GREEN LIGHT or GREEN CARD! When you think about all of the money that would be SAVED if we weren't having to provide EVERY SERVICE UNDER THE SUN in Spanish, requiring that would probably wipe out the national debt!!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Thank you Bootsie. And you're right. The point is the numbers and they are waaaay to hig for our economy and culture to absorb and assimilate. And this phooey that we need the labor is just that--PHOOEY!!

And the Anchor Babies is one of the major incentives for break our laws and the acts are disgusting. So I agree that we need an Anchor Babies Law yesterday and it should be retroactive.

Oh, gosh. BRILLIANT IDEA, JUDY!! Make it RETROACTIVE. Boy, that will wipe out 1/10 of the population with the stroke of a pen!!!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

This tells you everything you want to know about immigration numbers:
    http://uscis.gov/graphics/shared/statis ... /index.htm

Maybe the chart you were thinking about is here:
    http://www.cis.org/articles/2002/back1302.html
    Note that they include illegal aliens with "immigrants". The 1.3 million number much include illegal aliens.

You are right about how anchor babies combined with liberal welfare policies push up the birthrate. Birthrate numbers for California from here:
    http://www.ppic.org/content/pubs/CC_801HJCC.pdf

Hispanic immigrant 4.0
    Hispanic native 2.5
    Asian immigrant 2.3
    Asian native 1.3
    European immigrant 1.9
    European native 1.6
    African immigrant 2.0
    African native 2.0

Combined:
    Hispanics 3.4
    Asian, European, African 1.8

Thus in California, Hispanic immigrants and their native born children have children at almost twice the rate of everyone else. Now you know why everyone else is escaping California. Not only whites but also blacks and Asians.

I agree that we should have a Constitutional Amendment to revoke the citizenship of current anchor babies under age 18. Those over age 18 could keep their citizenship, if they pass the citizenship test withing one year and swear allegiance only to the US.

This is how the US treats Amerasian children. These are the children born to US servicemen fathers and Asian mothers overseas, where the US father subsequently bugged out. Primarily they are in Vietnam, Korea, and Japan. The US does give them green cards to immigrate to the US when they turn 18, but does not give them automatic citizenship even though their fathers are US citizens. To become citizens they have to naturalize just like everyone else.

I guess you are right about the H2A visa, it is unlimited. However due to the paperwork and requirements involved, only about 30,000 are used every year. And this program actually works well compared to the other ones, almost all these temporary workers go back to Mexico at the end of the season.

As for "family reunification" the Jordan Commission recommended ended it. Eliminating these categories along with the visa lottery and section 245i amnesty is how legal immigration would be reduced from about 1 million to 550,000 long term. Looking again, the 600,000 number I quoted for the Jordan Commission was a temporary level to reduce some backlogs, the long term number they recommended is 550,000 a year.

One more thing about the Jordan Commission. You absolutely never hear the media mention this commission. Even though it was chaired by former black civil rights activist and Congresswoman Barbara Jordan. it's because the media is controlled by open borders Corporate Fascists.

Thanks for Posting that Tim- It must be galling to know that you as a taxpayer are paying for them!

Thanks so much Tim. Great informaton. No, none of yours are the chart I found. Darn it. I should have printed it out so I would know where to find it again. Sometimes when I'm surfing the net, I just look and read and remember and don't take the time to save, store, label, or print. Wish I saved that one because it was so easy to read and was from a government office.

Anyway, the bottom-line is there are too many immigrants, legal and illegal. Too many people. That's the whole point and the essence of the problem.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TIM!

So glad you are here helping ALIPAC!

Yes, Bootsie, that "retroactive" would get the Globalist Spin Artists wailin' wouldn't it?

We need to let these people know, we're serious!

I think your idea about the Anchor babies having to take the citizenship is GREAT, Tim. I didn't realize that about the babies born of GI fathers. Well, in THAT case, I SURE think these ANCHOR BABIES should have to take the test. TODAY!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast