Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I think English is his second language ....[/quote]

If you would like a English lesson I would be happy to give you one however I dont work for free.

I do also speak GERMAN as it was my first job in the USARMY and Spanish because it was easy to learn and again It would be a pleasure to help you with your ignorance.

Now to the subject "LEGAL ENGLISH" for LEGAL Immigration as it is nessary IF what you want for America is "English" as the only legal offical language.

IF on the other hand you dont care about basic American values such as ENGLISH ...YOU are one of the fundimental problems "ignorance" and the continuation of IGNORANCE.

I was going on your grammar.

"sooo I guess OK to Teach it."

"Adult education programs of all kinds I belive in."

I don't understand this sentence below.

"Now to the subject "LEGAL ENGLISH" for LEGAL Immigration as it is nessary IF what you want for America is "English" as the only legal offical language."
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

Quote Originally Posted by vortex
    I had to pay my own way through language classes in college, and what is wrong with buying a Berlitz book for a few bucks if you need to learn English? In my travels in the 1970s I used them continually, especially those few days I spent in France, not having a French lesson in my life. Many folks were very happy I was making an effort in their language. There are too many American citizens that fall into the illiterate category, and any free language lessons should concentrate on them first and foremost, immigrants should be charged a bit and illegals should be totally denied when taxpayer dollars are spent on language lessons.
    GOOD POINT

and why I belive in Adult education for all Americans and ENGLISH included.

I learned ENGLISH in Minneapolis Public Schools
    I learned GERMAN in Goppingen Germany at the USArmy language school
    I learned Spanish in Mexico

Learning a language from a "Native" in country is much faster and better.

Adult Education and English for free for all Americans of any age for that matter.

literacy programs are different than ones that teach English.
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

Quote Originally Posted by WorriedAmerican
    I was going on your grammar.

"sooo I guess OK to Teach it."

"Adult education programs of all kinds I belive in."

I don't understand this sentence below.

"Now to the subject "LEGAL ENGLISH" for LEGAL Immigration as it is nessary IF what you want for America is "English" as the only legal offical language."
    Subject : "legal English" for Legal Immigration
    pause
    (my thought on the subject) as it is nessary ( and why) if what you want for America is (quoteing english as a form of highlight) "English" as the only legal offical language. ( in place of 2 or more offical languages as in Qubec)

Quote Originally Posted by WorriedAmerican
    Illiteracy programs are different than ones that teach English.
    LOL

What would you have a "literacy program" teach if not ENGLISH?

WorriedAmerican wrote:
    People that immigrate here legally have to know English before they get citizenship
    Cordopolitin-
    So why should the country they voluntarily choose to immigrate to be required to provide free English lessons? And if an immigrant (legal only please) needs an English class, and they can't afford to pay for one themselves, how are they going to be able to support themselves here?
    <div>Number*U.S. military*in S.Korea to protect their border with N.Korea: 28,000. Number*U.S. military*on 2000 mile*U.S. southern border to protect ourselves from*the war in our own backyard: 1,200 National Guard.</

When my family immigrated they learned English at work and if you wanted to learn more you went to night school and paid for it. Also I was born in Canada and my parents did not speak English to me and I was around people from the same ethnic background as my parents. When I started school I could not speak English and there was no English as a second language class. It was sink or swim.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by builditnow
    WorriedAmerican wrote:
    People that immigrate here legally have to know English before they get citizenship
    Cordopolitin-
    So why should the country they voluntarily choose to immigrate to be required to provide free English lessons? And if an immigrant (legal only please) needs an English class, and they can't afford to pay for one themselves, how are they going to be able to support themselves here?

Reasons to provide English for free or close to it (as I really belive in a small fee just because nothing should be free or appear to be free)

1. A cheep investment into road safty
    2. Children whos parents speak english do better in school
    3. Never too old to learn if for nothing more than self respect.

and the reason I like best The more people who KNOW english the more who can understand my point of view.....

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast