Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote:
    TexasGalI may be in the minority here, but I believe that LEGAL immigrants should take English classes to improve on their English speaking skills.

I don't think you have to know English anymore to get a green card.
    TexasGal
    In most cases, a legal immigrant would need to learn English to become a citizen, but here in AZ we have a lot of people from south of the border who want to work, but have no plans to ever take a citizenship test. They may or may not speak English. Not everyone who doesn't speak English is illegal. They may have a green card, and be a legal permanent resident, and not speak a word of English. In my opinion, if they don't want to become a citizen, why should the government pay for their classes. So they can make more money? If they want more money, they should find a way to pay for the classes themselves. I would make more money if I spoke Spanish. Many employers here advertise for bilingual (only bilingual - usually English/Spanish) applicants, or pay those who are bilingual more. I don't see my government paying for me to take Spanish classes.

I do think we need English classes for those that need it. Since hispanics have their own free spanish only channels, I say we convert those channels to 24/7 English lessons. People of nations that haven't been catered to like hispanics need those classes.

And please lets stop calling people trolls. Each person has their own opinion. I know that most people here are republicans and watch Fox news. I don't. I know that most of you are religious. I'm not. That does not mean I'm a troll, it just means that we disagree. Illegal immigration is probably the only thing we have in common, but at least we work together. Alipac brings together people from all facets of political beliefs, and instead of fighting with each other, we work together to stop illegal immigration. And if I see something that I think is BS, I will call it, and express my opinion. Can't we all just get along?
    We see so many tribes overrun and undermined

While their invaders dream of lands they've left behind

Better people...better food...and better beer...

Why move around the world when Eden was so near?
    -Neil Peart from the song Territories&

The short answer is Someone paid so that you could learn english and in the end that gives you power and a voice.
    Again, none of us had to learn ENGLISH!!!
    We all know it from our childhood and growing up, we are Americans.
    We all spoke English on the first day of school.
    We might not of been able to read but we spoke English already.
    In Public schools we JUST learn grammer and things like that, like what a verb is. As we get older we pick up more words.

WE are NOT taught to speak English is school. I don't know how else to say it, an American would know this stuff.

You said to ask anything, are you legal? What's your nationality? Why are you here?
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

So see, the English classes DO benefit LEGAL immigrants, too! It's NOT just for ILLEGALS!!
    I didn't see that anyone said that the English Language classes are just for illegals?
    My college's English Language classes had all Somali Refugees in it.

I'm saying illegal's should get 4 things:
    1. A drink
    2. Something to eat
    3. A bus ride to the border
    4. Some sort of minor criminal record that follows them if they come here again, legally or illegally.
    It would be for entering a country without permission.
    Dick Morris

I think more immigrants, legal and illegal but especially illegal, who do speak English correctly, should be volunteering to teach others, instead of sitting around complaining that the classes that are being paid for by the government are being cut.
    Exactly! Our schools should not have to pay for translators either, the refugees here in Lewiston Maine, need to help each other for FREE, we are already putting enough of our tax money into them. We also saved their lives. Which seems to be forgotten within our Somali population.

They seem to be chronic complainers and demand EVERYTHING! The male boys are VERY disrespectful to the female teachers.
    Dick Morris

0 private messages

So much for those who say respect ..
    is important as they want a audiance as they show what better humans they are and explain (atempt to humiliate)in public how the NOOB is wrong and Ignore the problem.

Isolation is stagnation and the verry problem with Islamfascism. (kill all that you dont agree with) ALSO THE PROBLEM WITH ALIPAC....

Isolate yourselfs and weaken ALIPAC further one noob at a time, that is why I belive there are other forces at work here trying to keep ALIPAC weak. You see if NEW people are treated as I have been treated to stay engaged they must be really lonely or SICK I am neither.

As a answer to who I am is not a problem as there is no real anonimity only the apperance of it.....

My name is (Mod Edit) Please do not post personal information.
    USA home Minnesota
    8 years active
    12 years reserve
    graduated from MIT and still takeing online classes (great program)
    I am liveing in Mexico because it is easyer to find a bear in the woods, I have been here for almost 3 years the same amount of time sence my son was murdered here.

I am getting back to the real conflicts in real life that I feel are important, Wish you all best of luck and BB

jshhmr-
    I disagree with you, and have disagreed with others at ALIPAC at times, but that does not mean I think they are trolls. I did think that in this case, because anything I had read from cordopolitin seemed to be how we should help illegal aliens, I had seen nothing that indicated he was at all against the illegal invasion. Have you read all posts here, in context, including his?

I do regret using the word troll so early on. But I think you really need to listen to yourself before you lecture me:

jshhmr said:
    I know that most people here are republicans and watch Fox news. I don't. I know that most of you are religious. I'm not. That does not mean I'm a troll, it just means that we disagree.
    You assumed my use of the word troll is just because I must be a Republican and religious. And being one of those "religious right Republicans" (as the stereotype goes), I criticize anyone who disagrees with me. Nothing could be further from the truth. I am not at all religious; in fact I have been concerned when conservatives/Republican Party has been tied too closely to religion. I am not a Republican. I am registered as an Independent, I have never joined the Republican Party, and I did join the Libertarian Party for a while (but they are not opposed strongly enough to illegal immigration for me).

You are making accusations based on assumptions and stereotypes.
    <div>Number*U.S. military*in S.Korea to protect their border with N.Korea: 28,000. Number*U.S. military*on 2000 mile*U.S. southern border to protect ourselves from*the war in our own backyard: 1,200 National Guard.</

Coming into a group and acting like he did sure isn't our fault. Bull in a China Cabinet comes to mind. He did not answer on if he was illegal and what his nationality was? I think he's Thai.

He was so competent that he could come in here, act elitest, accuse us of things that illegal lovers do, and we all would sit back and take it. We have experience taking on these issues and we tried to tell him what he was doing but HE KNEW BETTER!

graduated from MIT and still takeing online classes (great program)
    I am liveing in Mexico because it is easyer to find a bear in the woods, I have been here for almost 3 years the same amount of time sence my son was murdered here.
    Hum, I had Googled his code name and saw the MIT stuff and service but, he said his brother was going to a friends funeral...

"Just finished my eng simplicity MIT ocw lecture and preparing for a funeral of a friends brother."
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Cordopolitin
    Sex: male
    Profession: Sorcerer
    Level: 59
    World: Furora
    Residence: Thais
    Last login: Mar 23 2009, 05:16:34 CET
    Comment:

Those who live by the szpada....

"payback is a bitch"

"tak dobry"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Dick Morris

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456