Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Sosad said:
    Really, He told me it was in his desk drawer and he would make sure it never got to the floor.....Where did you get the news?
    http://www.ktvb.com/news/localnews/stor ... 45fcd.html

(There is video too, SoSad)

06:38 PM MST on Monday, February 18, 2008
    Bill doesn’t have much support from lawmakers

BOISE -- A large crowd gathered at the Capitol Annex this afternoon to show support for a bill that would give illegal immigrant students in-state tuition rates at Idaho universities.

As it stands now any undocumented student who applies to an Idaho university must pay out-of-state tuition, something supporters of Senate Bill 1427 say just adds one more obstacle to education and opportunity.

Supporters urged lawmakers to pass a bill that would allow students who have lived in the U.S. for at least three years, and have graduated high school or obtained their GED, to pay in-statetuition at Idaho colleges.

Sonia Galaviz is a Nampa school teacher and supporter of the bill.

"I was able to break that cycle of no formal education, and I am proud to say that I am a first generation college graduate on either side of my family, and that was only possible with the sacrifice that my parents made for me knowing that education is the gateway to opportunity," said Galaviz.

But Senate Education Committee Chairman John Goedde says his constituents don't support giving in-state benefits to illegals - and neither does he.

“Senate Bill 1427 to me provides unfair advantage to illegal aliens that have been in this state, certainly we would be subsidizing the difference in the tuition for out-of-state versus in-state students. At Boise State University that would be about $4,000 this semester for a full-time student," said Goedde.

Goedde says due to lack of support he likely won't schedule the bill for a hearing.

There are nine states that have passed similar legislation, but some of those laws are being challenged in court.

Goedde says he doesn't want to open Idaho up to a lawsuit.
    PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH. PRESS 2 FOR DEPORTATION.

ALIPACERS!!!

PLEASE EMAIL KTVB (IDAHO LOCAL NEWS STATION) AND ASK THEM TO DO A STORY ABOUT THE MEXICAN CONSULATE IN BOISE!
    ktvbnews@ktvb.com

"If you have information on a story that you think may be of interest to our audience, e-mail it to ktvbnews@ktvb.com. You may also call our newsroom at (20 321-5614, though e-mail is always the best option. Please make sure you leave us your name and a way to contact you by telephone."

TINY,

DO YOU THINK ALIPAC WILL WANT TO SEND A NEWS RELEASE? THESE ARE THE GUIDELINES I COPIED FROM THEIR SITE:

News Releases

If you are a public entity, agency or business with news you feel is worthy of releasing to the public, we welcome your news release. E-mail it to ktvbnews@ktvb.com. You may also fax to (20 375-7770, though e-mail is always the best option. A few tips to give your release the highest impact:

• *Keep it simple - Make sure to include the most important information (who, what, when, where, why and how), but keep the information concise.
      *Include a reliable contact - Include a telephone and return e-mail address. List the best times to call, and try to provide a reliable cell phone number so we can reach the right people on deadline.
      *Avoid attachments - The best way to get your message across is to provide the information in plain-text in the body of the e-mail message. Avoid attaching PDF, MS Word or other files. If you have a photo or two of your subject, feel free to include that as well, but keeping the attachments small in size (less than 400k each) is helpful.
      *Include the subject of your release in the subject field - Sending out your information with "News Release" as the subject will make it harder to pick up on your topic. Write a brief headline or summary instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Ex_OC
    ALIPACERS!!!

PLEASE EMAIL KTVB (IDAHO LOCAL NEWS STATION) AND ASK THEM TO DO A STORY ABOUT THE MEXICAN CONSULATE IN BOISE!
    ktvbnews@ktvb.com

"If you have information on a story that you think may be of interest to our audience, e-mail it to ktvbnews@ktvb.com. You may also call our newsroom at (20 321-5614, though e-mail is always the best option. Please make sure you leave us your name and a way to contact you by telephone."

TINY,

DO YOU THINK ALIPAC WILL WANT TO SEND A NEWS RELEASE? THESE ARE THE GUIDELINES I COPIED FROM THEIR SITE:

News Releases

If you are a public entity, agency or business with news you feel is worthy of releasing to the public, we welcome your news release. E-mail it to ktvbnews@ktvb.com. You may also fax to (20 375-7770, though e-mail is always the best option. A few tips to give your release the highest impact:

• *Keep it simple - Make sure to include the most important information (who, what, when, where, why and how), but keep the information concise.
      *Include a reliable contact - Include a telephone and return e-mail address. List the best times to call, and try to provide a reliable cell phone number so we can reach the right people on deadline.
      *Avoid attachments - The best way to get your message across is to provide the information in plain-text in the body of the e-mail message. Avoid attaching PDF, MS Word or other files. If you have a photo or two of your subject, feel free to include that as well, but keeping the attachments small in size (less than 400k each) is helpful.
      *Include the subject of your release in the subject field - Sending out your information with "News Release" as the subject will make it harder to pick up on your topic. Write a brief headline or summary instead.
    EX_OC pm william and ask him if he will.. he is great at this it is right up his alley!! could attract new alipacers from Idaho also
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

My email to KTVB:

Subject: Story Idea: Mexican Consulate in Boise

The Idaho Press-Tribune, Feb. 23, 2008, reported that there are plans to open a Mexican Consulate in Boise (see link: HYPERLINK http://www.idahopress.com/news/?id=3986 http://www.idahopress.com/news/?id=3986)

I am against this consulate. I think many people would be too, but it has not made much ripple here, so it is barely known. Illegal immigration is a hot issue now, and I would like to see you cover this story.

I can put you in contact with national organizations that are against illegal immigration, if you like. They will give you the "con" side.

Please interview Sali, Simpson and Crapo about it too. Also Butch Otter.

(my name)
    (my city, Idaho)
    (my phone number)

Sosad said:

EX_OC pm william and ask him if he will.. he is great at this it is right up his alley!! could attract new alipacers from Idaho also
    JUST DID!! Thanks for the suggestion!

I also just emailed the TV station. Hope they respond! (crosses her fingers, toes, and hairs)

^^ AWESOME LETTER, SOSAD!!

I tried calling Sali and Simpson's offices here in Boise, but all I kept getting was voice mail. JUST NOW I REALIZED IT'S SUNDAY! DUH!!!

I will call tomorrow. I want to speak to a human being, not a machine.

put out the information regarding the sinister plans of the Mexican government via the Mexican Consulates in the United States via every single paper in Idaho......and include contact information for the Governor and local rep's and Senators. They need to hear from the good citizens of Idaho for whom they work and who pay their salaries. It matters not what illegal aliens from Mexico want in Idaho to benefit them. Let's make sure the elected officials get that straight right now.

KTVB news staff,

Mexican consulates are magnets for massive illegal immigration and are only located in areas where large numbers of illegal aliens reside. Little Rock, Arkansas, where the latest Consulate was placed, now has the largest illegal alien population of any state. The Mexican Consulates are being allowed to hand out, without background checks, Matricula cards, a form of defacto amnesty. Against U.S. law, but ignored by our state department, they give illegal aliens the same rights as legal immigrants: access to welfare, healthcare and other taxpayer funded benefits. They are used to open bank accounts and establish credit.

President Calderon has also issued a "zero tolerance policy" to Mexican Consulates. This gives Mexican lawyers in the Consulates the right to challenge the enforcement of any law a state might make regarding illegal aliens and they intercede on behalf of illegal aliens who commit crimes. I don't think anyone needs to be reminded of the crime against American citizens this population brings to an area, including ID theft, rapes, murders, gangs, robberies, etc. all of which, sadly, need not occur if U.S. immigration laws were enforced and these criminals were not allowed across our border. A Mexican Consulate will only invite further illegal alien miscreants into Idaho as well.

Now that other states are successfully passing strict enforcement laws and illegal aliens are self-deporting, Idaho will become a sanctuary state for those looking to, once again, receive taxpayer benefits. Idaho residents will be supplying the taxpayer dollars that are going to be needed to subsidize this low-skilled population and the legal costs/jail time of the crime it will bring to Idaho.

The citizens of Idaho deserve the right to voice their concerns. Thus far, the project has been handled stealthily behind the scenes and I'm sure that is because the ones' who have brought this upon Idaho, know how residents will feel. Senator Crapo has been involved in this decision which apparently was hatched in 2003, the date of the release. http://crapo.senate.gov/media/newsrelea ... id=232400& , but now he is trying to distance himself from the project. However, Senator Crapo met with President Calderon in Mexico this past November when he went on a trade mission with Senate Democrat Majority Leader, Harry Reid. http://mexidata.info/id1638.html

I have included some links for information pertaining to Mexican Consulates, the Matricula card and Calderon's zero tolerance policy as he further attempts to interfere in the U.S. enforcement of immigration laws.

The primary focus of the Mexican Consulates is to pass out matricula cards and here's why!

FBI Testimony on the Matricula Consul Card:

http://www.fbi.gov/congress/congress03/mccraw062603.htm

From the Center for Immigration Studies on the Matricula

http://www.cis.org/articles/2003/back303.html

NumbersUSA

http://www.numbersusa.com/hottopic/matr ... nsular.htm

This is an in-depth look at Mexican Consulates in the City Journal, the online journal of the Manhattan Institute:

http://www.city-journal.org/html/15_4_mexico.html

This is on Calderon's Zero Tolerance Policy:

http://www.vdare.com/awall/080119_memo.htm

A Concerned Resident of Idaho,
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Good letter, SOSAD, and good advice, Ex_OC. Sorry I wasn't able to stick with you much this morning. Am really busy, but will help you guys tackle this in the morning. I will personally call our 3 local news channels and try to get them to report all this.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Ex_OC
    My email to KTVB:

Subject: Story Idea: Mexican Consulate in Boise

The Idaho Press-Tribune, Feb. 23, 2008, reported that there are plans to open a Mexican Consulate in Boise (see link: HYPERLINK http://www.idahopress.com/news/?id=3986 http://www.idahopress.com/news/?id=3986)

I am against this consulate. I think many people would be too, but it has not made much ripple here, so it is barely known. Illegal immigration is a hot issue now, and I would like to see you cover this story.

I can put you in contact with national organizations that are against illegal immigration, if you like. They will give you the "con" side.

Please interview Sali, Simpson and Crapo about it too. Also Butch Otter.

(my name)
    (my city, Idaho)
    (my phone number)
    Great letter to the tribune , you go girl!!!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast