Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Let me assist you guys a little.

The REAL ID Act is HR 418 and it was signed into law on May 11, 2005 and it is a 58 page document.

http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin ... fs.txt.pdf

It was a rider bill attatched to H.R.1268
    Title: An act making Emergency Supplemental Appropriations for Defense, the Global War on Terror, and Tsunami Relief, for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2005, and for other purposes.

jp accurately quoted Sec. 203 (a) found on page 50 line 16-23 of HR 418

16 SEC. 203. LINKING OF DATABASES.
    17 (a) IN GENERAL.—To be eligible to receive any grant
    18 or other type of financial assistance made available under
    19 this title, a State shall participate in the interstate com
    20 pact regarding sharing of driver license data, known as
    21 the ‘‘Driver License Agreement’’, in order to provide elec
    22 tronic access by a State to information contained in the
    23 motor vehicle databases of all other States.
    "Driver License Agreement"
    Not the best sorce but...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Driver_License_Agreement

Note: States that are members
    Connecticut
    Arkansas - can join under administrative rulemakeing under Act 446 as passed by the 2005 Legislative Session
    Massachusetts --

Look at the biometric ID post I made about Arkansas last night in Other Discussion Topics.
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-112972.html

Text of the Driver License Agreement
    Numbers USA sorce:
    http://www.numbersusa.com/PDFs/AAMVA%20 ... 20text.pdf

Page 20
    11. Jurisdiction - A state, territory or possession of the United States, the District of Columbia, a territory or province of Canada or any state of the Republic of Mexico or the Federal District of Mexico.

It's not rocket science, it's just sneaky government, slipping stuff in.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Even better Dixie.

Section 8 page 2 of the Drivers License Agreement Under General Purpose

8. Uniformity among all member jurisdictions concerning the exchange of information on licenses, identification cards, records, convictions, withdrawals and other data related to the driver licensing process;
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

From the National Conference of State Legislators

under
    Potential Concerns about the DLA

2. Participation by Canada and Mexico. The DLA changes the definition of jurisdiction from the existing DLC and allows participation by Canada and Mexico. Without federal approval, some question exists about the legality under the compact clause of the U.S. Constitution of states entering into agreements with foreign jurisdictions. In addition, lawmakers may have some privacy concerns that stem from sharing driver record information with foreign jurisdictions.

8. There is no evidence that the DLA will provide all the benefits AAMVA claims it will. Although AAMVA has long touted the DLA as a major improvement over existing agreements, a positive effect cannot be assumed. For example, even though training on fraudulent documents is required, there is no evidence that it will actually improve driver license integrity and security. Those intent on using fraudulent documents to obtain a license may find other mechanisms to circumvent the system.

9. Improper delegation of authority. Legislators who are considering the DLA may want to evaluate whether their enabling legislation improperly delegates authority to the agreement. State constitutions and preexisting state statutes may conflict with DLA provisions or place restrictions on the delegation of authority to the agreement. To avoid future legal problems, lawmakers will want to examine the DLA within the context of existing laws.
    http://www.ncsl.org/programs/transporta ... gree05.htm
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

This was quite a debate ! It exemplifies why I joined ALIPAC.
    Get informed ! Get involved !
    IT'S NOT HOW YOU GET IN, IT'S HOW YOU GET OUT

Quote Originally Posted by Nicie
    This was quite a debate ! It exemplifies why I joined ALIPAC.
    Get informed ! Get involved !
    Be sure to show others the facts that are clearly shown here nicey. The more people who see it the better.

MW
    For those interested, there is an 18 page sticky on the topic in the "Other Topics" forum.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Will do, jp.
    IT'S NOT HOW YOU GET IN, IT'S HOW YOU GET OUT

So MW, is the evidence clear enough yet?

BTT

BTT

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast