Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Sen Frist: Breaking News On Border Security

http://www.volpac.org/index.cfm?FuseAct ... &Year=2005

Breaking News On Border Security

Author: Bill Frist, M.D.
    October 24th, 2005

So many of you have written or posted on my blog about border security that I wanted to share some news with you first, tonight, before I let the Senate know tomorrow…

As many of you know, almost two weeks ago, I was down on the Texas border in the Rio Grande Valley. That night, over 400 illegal immigrants (and 200 pounds of marijuana) were seized crossing the border.

Again … that was just ONE night.

Sure … we caught 400. But you had to wonder, how many more slipped through unseen?

During my trip we took an aerial tour in a Blackhawk helicopter ... briefed in flight by Sector Chief Lynn Underdown.

The Rio Grande river in that sector is less than 30 feet across at some points ... illegal aliens cross in rafts and inner tubes - many of which I saw abandoned on the banks of the river.

From the helicopter, it became immediately clear that to protect this border is a massive challenge, and one that we must meet head-on.

Last week, President Bush signed a law to increase the number of agents patrolling our borders. A good step forward, but with an estimated 11 million people living here undocumented, it’s going to take more than just manpower.

Make no mistake, we’re a nation founded by immigrants. But we’re also a nation founded on the rule of law. And when people don’t respect the laws of our land, it’s OUR JOB to enforce them.

We need real immigration reform.

That begins by enforcing the laws already on the books.

We need comprehensive reform that protects not only our national security…but the interests of our economy. And by that, I don’t mean amnesty. Let me be clear: I oppose amnesty …individuals who violate America’s laws should NOT be rewarded for illegal behavior.

America has always opened her arms to those who long for a better life. But the simple fact is … a country that can’t control its own borders can’t control its own destiny.

So here is what I want you to know:

Tomorrow, I will announce that I will bring border security legislation to the Senate floor at the beginning of next year, in February…and I expect there to be a full and comprehensive debate.

We need broader legislation …legislation that reduces the number of deaths of people trying to cross the border illegally … reduces the trafficking in, and exploitation of, human beings that is so rampant today …and adds another layer of protection against the terrorist threat which still exists.

Above all, I hope this proposed legislation will open the door to a real conversation about how to fix our immigration system.

The time has come for meaningful reform … reform that looks to the future.

This country MUST do a better job enforcing our borders. And we will.

You have my promise to push for stricter enforcement.

You have my promise to stand beside the heroic agents – like Chief Underdown – working long hours in the face of overwhelming odds.

But I need your help.

I need you to do three things:

1) Post a comment on my blog, showing your support for a tough border bill. To do so, please click here.

2) If you haven’t already, complete my Security and Immigration Survey by clicking here, or by visiting www.SecureAmericasBorders.com.

3) Encourage everyone (family, friends, co-workers) concerned about border security and immigration to do the first two things. I also encourage you to post messages in chat rooms and on message boards; email bloggers, civic groups, conservative websites, veterans groups, Yahoo groups, Google groups and online clubs and encourage everyone you reach to visit www.volpac.org to show their support for a tough border security bill.

If you do these three things, you will help this country meet head-on the challenge of securing America’s borders!

More to follow in the days ahead…

================================================== ====

Is this guy being serious? We know he's been very wishy washy on this issue in the past. We need to hold this guy to his words. We need to tell him that not only do we want a tough border security and enforcement bill, but we want no part of a guest worker program that rewards illegals with amnesty and allows them to work and stay here indefinitely. We need to tell him that we want all illegal aliens deported, no exceptions and that includes Mexicans. Let him know that we are watching and we won't be fooled if he tries to pull a Bush like sharade. Legal immigrants are valueable to our economy (if used in moderation, no mass, uncontrolled, immigration), illegal aliens are a detriment. We are watching you Bill.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Is this guy being "wishy-washy"?

Oh my YES YES YES!!

One of the main clues to a Wish-Wash Faker is the term "immigration reform". As soon as they use that term, you know they are the ENEMY.

WE have all the laws on the books that we could possibly need to control our borders, enforce immigration law, deport illegal aliens, and secure our nation from this invasion.

Another clue is when they are concerned about the "deaths during border crossings". This is not an issue to the American People. The "death" issue to the American People is the number of Americans killed by illegal aliens.

Another clue is "terrorism". When they use "terrorism" to justify their Immigration Reform, then you know this is a Number One Big Time Big Cheese Wisher-Washer on Illegal Immigration. In otherwords, a Big Fake and Phoney. 9/11 was more than 4 years ago. Every terrorist who wanted to enter the US has already had at least 5 years to get in. They cut border funding after 9/11. They took no action to seal up our borders or deport illegal aliens. They still haven't. We've invaded two countries in the name of terrorism and haven't even secured our borders. The French sealed their borders 4 days after the London Bombings. We haven't done a thing in 4 years except encourage migration; encourage open borders; encourage terrorists to enter the US with a Big Fat "Ya'll Come Now" from the Wackident.

Another clue is "debate". When they want to have "debate" on what to do about enforcing US Immigration Law, then the Big Fakes and Phonies turn rapidly into BIG LIARS, CHEATERS AND THIEVES.

WE don't want to "debate". WE don't want to "reform". WE don't want to "negotiate" our immigration system.

WE want our friggin' laws enforced you Pin-Headed Clueless Monsters in DC!!
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Message to Frist--go back to your cave in Tennessee, you political Neanderthal OR Stand Up and Act Like a Real American and tell the Wackident to get troops on our borders or you'll Impeach his Ass.

Geezzz, who are these limp noodles and where did they come from????

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Wishy Washy is the word. The man is running for President. He sees that immigration is the hottest issue going so he's gonna jump on some bandwagon and it might as well be that one. He is just another panderer. You're right, Judy--mention REFORM and DEBATE and you've got a dealbreaker. There is nothing left to DEBATE. There's nothing left to REFORM. The existing laws are perfectly good ones. You need someone with the desire to bring the National Guard home from Iraq and station them on the border. I'm not losing one bit of sleep worrying about them starving or dying of thirst. If they didn't attempt to do such IDIOTIC things as trying to go across a desert in 100 degree temperatures with no water, they need a reality check. And, I'm not losing any sleep about the traffickers. IF THE BORDERS WERE SEALED, NONE OF THEM could get across and they would quit attempting it. Just make it impossible to do it and it will STOP.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

RIGHT ON Bootsie. Seal the borders, solve all the "traffic" problems. Drugs, humans, arms, terrorists, illegal workers, anchor babies, etc., etc., etc.

Bring the Troops Home from Iraq and Station Them on the Borders and at all the Ports.

Problem Solved. Americans Happy. Our Will Be Done.

Very Simple.

VERY SIMPLE. VERY EASY.

Why haven't THEY thought of that??????????????
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

frist

frist is likely just trying to save his butt.

I say put 'em on the republican't chain gang and use 'em to pick up the garbage.

cheers glenn

California or ground zero of the invasion
    I'd throw Frist in a room full of angry cats and let them have revenge.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

This is a special one for Judy. i know she wouldn't miss this for the world.

Bill Frist: Exclusive Fox Interview Tonight - Border Security

Author: Volpac Web Team
    October 25th, 2005

Senator Frist will appear live on Fox News Channel’s Hannity & Colmes tonight October 25, 2005 at 9:00 P.M. EDT. He will discuss border security in a segment at the top of the hour. Please check your local listings for exact time and channel.
    http://www.alipac.us/
    You can not be loyal to two nations, without being unfaithful to one. Scubayons 02/07/06

Re: frist

Quote Originally Posted by naturalglenn
    frist is likely just trying to save his butt.

I say put 'em on the republican't chain gang and use 'em to pick up the garbage.

cheers glenn

LOL. Couldn't have said it better.

"republican't chain gang"

THAT is so funny!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast