Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

[quote=redpony353][quote=redpony353][quote=jp_48504]
    Quote Originally Posted by redpony353
    Quote Originally Posted by jp_48504":1k2hp2cc]redpony353,
    Typing in all caps is yelling on the Internet, plus it makes it really difficult to read.[/quote]

TYPING IN ALL CAPS IS NOT YELLING. MOST POSTERS CAN TELL IF YOU ARE YELLING BY THE CONTENT OF YOUR POSTS. AND I DONT THINK IT IS DIFFICULT TO READ. YOU READ IT. FOR FUTURE REFERENCE:

[size=7]THIS IS YELLING!!!!!!![/size][/quote]

Yes it is. Look up net etiquette. One more violation and you will be referred to the mods. As an admin, I can and will ban if needed.

[url="http://www.netmanners.com/courtesy1.html
    http://www.netmanners.com/courtesy1.html[/url]
    Do not type in all caps. Typing in all caps is considered yelling or screaming online. Those who type in all caps are perceived as lazy and not being considerate of those who will have to read their email. Various studies on the topic reflect that it is more difficult and takes longer to read text that is typed in all caps. And for those who question "What studies?" here is one example for your reading pleasure:
    [/quote:1k2hp2cc]

AND WHO DECIDES WHAT NET ETIQUETTE IS? MOST ON THE NET AGREE THAT IT IS THE CONTENT, NOT THE FONT THAT SETS THE TONE OF THE POST. AND MANY PEOPLE DO USE CAPS....AND IN BOLD AND COLORS...EVEN AT THIS SITE. BAN ME IF YOU WANT.....JUST BECAUSE I DISAGREE WITH YOU.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thank you for posting this stillfree. I, like you am suspicious of this. Why now? Pretty coincidental timing with the economic crisis, isn't it? It seems like they expect something bad to happen here. Why??? If the article stated that they are coming here to guard our borders I would feel better but that doesn't sound like the case.

To have military in our towns is unnerving. I've been to Russia a few times and armed guards follow you around in grocery stores. And pull you over for routine stops. (We always had a Russian driver with us and they explained to us what was going on). Could you imagine being pulled over by an army truck here??? I would be scared.

I'm surprised that everyone is so accepting of this concept.

AND WHO DECIDES WHAT NET ETIQUETTE IS? MOST ON THE NET AGREE THAT IT IS THE CONTENT, NOT THE FONT THAT SETS THE TONE OF THE POST. AND MANY PEOPLE DO USE CAPS....AND IN BOLD AND COLORS...EVEN AT THIS SITE. BAN ME IF YOU WANT.....JUST BECAUSE I DISAGREE WITH YOU.
    redpony353,
    Net etiquette has been around for quite some time.
    Net etiquette and the English language dictates that we do not use all caps The same language I am certain you want the illegals to speak.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Quote Originally Posted by jp_48504
    redpony353,
    Net etiquette has been around for quite some time.
    Net etiquette and the English language dictates that we do not use all caps The same language I am certain you want the illegals to speak.
    WELL MOST DONT FOLLOW NET ETIQUETTE. NO ONE KNOWS WHO MADE IT UP ANYWAY.

IT WAS ABOUT A YEAR AGO THAT I WAS IN A FORUM AND WE HAD A DISCUSSION ABOUT THIS. WHO MADE UP "NET ETIQUETTE"? WHY DO WE FOLLOW SOME SILLY RULE THAT MAKES NO SENSE AND WE CANT EVEN FIGURE OUT WHO DECIDED IT?

IT MAKES NO SENSE TO SAY THAT USING ALL CAPS IS YELLING. ALTHOUGH SOME MAY PERCEIVE IT THAT WAY....MOST DO NOT. SO WHO MADE UP THE RULE AND WHY? BECAUSE THAT WAS THEIR PERSONAL PERCEPTION.

YELLING INCLUDES EXCLAMATION MARKS....THATS WHAT PUNCTUATION IS FOR.

SO THIS IS MY STYLE. IF YOU FEEL THAT DOES NOT FIT IN TO ALIPAC CULTURE...LET ME KNOW.

AND THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE DOES NOT DICTATE THAT WE DO NOT USE ALL CAPS. WHERE IS IT WRITTEN?

AND WHAT DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH ILLEGALS SPEAKING ENGLISH?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

AND THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE DOES NOT DICTATE THAT WE DO NOT USE ALL CAPS. WHERE IS IT WRITTEN?
    Are you kidding? Did you go to grade school?

entences: Capital letters should always be used for the beginning of sentences and questions.

Titles: Capital letters always need to be used for titles and proper names.
    Countries, Cities, Towns, Lakes, Rivers etc.: All kinds of places require capital letters. Notice how all maps contain capitals on cities, streets and towns?

Calendar: The names of the days and months also must be capitalized.

Books and Poems: Titles of books and poems have capitals. Book covers also have capital names.

Brands: Religious titles, brand names and companies also need capital letters.

Mr. Mrs., Ms., Miss: Always use capitals when addressing people by Mr, Miss etc.

AND WHAT DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH ILLEGALS SPEAKING ENGLISH?
    You asked originally
    "AND WHO DECIDES WHAT NET ETIQUETTE IS?"

Well it is not a who, it is a what. It is called the English Language and proper writing. People cry about the illegals not speaking English when they themselves have problems following the rules of writing English.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

jp_48504: All (capital "A" is it necessary?) LOL
    I cannot believe my eyes that this is still going on.
    The first time I saw these posts I laughed and once again I'm
    laughing. Usage of a language will kill you. LOL

NO REAL ID - is it to be in all capital letters. I guess we could start tearing everyone's precise wording apart.

Stop THE FTAA - Now this "THE" is not correct usage? Or is it?

I have had many years of grammar and a bit of foreign language usage. Determining the active and passive voices of writing is truly the part of writing that will drive you to an early grave.

Quote Originally Posted by jp_48504
    Are you kidding? Did you go to grade school?

entences: Capital letters should always be used for the beginning of sentences and questions.

Titles: Capital letters always need to be used for titles and proper names.
    Countries, Cities, Towns, Lakes, Rivers etc.: All kinds of places require capital letters. Notice how all maps contain capitals on cities, streets and towns?

Calendar: The names of the days and months also must be capitalized.

Books and Poems: Titles of books and poems have capitals. Book covers also have capital names.

Brands: Religious titles, brand names and companies also need capital letters.

Mr. Mrs., Ms., Miss: Always use capitals when addressing people by Mr, Miss etc.

[quote:3w3m986w]AND WHAT DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH ILLEGALS SPEAKING ENGLISH?
    You asked originally
    "AND WHO DECIDES WHAT NET ETIQUETTE IS?"

Well it is not a who, it is a what. It is called the English Language and proper writing. People cry about the illegals not speaking English when they themselves have problems following the rules of writing English.[/quote:3w3m986w]

NOWHERE IN YOUR POST DO I SEE ANY RULE SAYING YOU CANNOT USE ALL CAPS. WHERE DOES IT SAY YOU CANT USE ALL CAPS? THE RULES YOU HAVE MENTIONED ONLY STATE WHERE YOU MUST CAP, NOT WHERE YOU CANT CAP. THERE ARE NO RULES SAYING YOU CANT CAP. CANT YOU READ YOUR OWN POST?

WHO DECIDED WHAT NET ETIQUETTE IS? YOU NEVER DID ANSWER THIS QUESTION. ARE YOU ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE THAT JUST FOLLOWS LIKE A LEMMING? THINK FOR YOURSELF. AND STOP TELLING ME HOW TO THINK....OR POST.

AND I STILL DONT SEE THE CONNECTION BETWEEN ILLEGALS AND THE POINT YOU ARE STRUGGLING TO MAKE.

Quote Originally Posted by vmonkey56
    jp_48504: All (capital "A" is it necessary?) LOL
    I cannot believe my eyes that this is still going on.
    The first time I saw these posts I laughed and once again I'm
    laughing. Usage of a language will kill you. LOL

NO REAL ID - is it to be in all capital letters. I guess we could start tearing everyone's precise wording apart.

Stop THE FTAA - Now this "THE" is not correct usage? Or is it?

I have had many years of grammar and a bit of foreign language usage. Determining the active and passive voices of writing is truly the part of writing that will drive you to an early grave.
    I CANT BELIEVE IT EITHER. maybe i should write this way instead. oR MAYBE IS SHOULD WRITE THIS WAY. mAYBE THIS WAY. maybe THIS WAY. HOW about THIS????? THE MESSAGE GET ACROSS NO MATTER HOW YOU WRITE IT RIGHT? LOL

DON'T WORRY - BE HAPPY.

Tomorrow is almost here. We are ONE

I truly do not know if I can or will get use to FEMA barrack living though.

Quote Originally Posted by vmonkey56
    DON'T WORRY - BE HAPPY.

Tomorrow is almost here. We are ONE

I truly do not know if I can or will get use to FEMA barrack living though.
    i hear those fema barracks cause allergies anyway. it was reported by some who lived in them after the new orleans hurricane....that they got sick. ohOOOPS. WHAT AM I DOING? I AM BREAKING ALL THE ENGLISH RULES.

LOL....BUT EH...SERIOUSLY YOU DONT WANT THOSE FEMA TRAILERS. AND WE DONT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT THE MILITARY ROUNDING US UP. OMG....I AM BACK ON TOPIC. HOW DID THAT HAPPEN?

I DONT THINK THE MILITARY WILL BE ATTACKING AMERICANS. THEY WILL PROTECT AMERICANS. AMERICANS ARE NOT THE THREAT...MOST AMERICANS. I DONT HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THEM BEING HERE, AND I DONT FEEL THREATENED BY THE MILITARY AT ALL.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast