Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: The attorney general is not the president’s lawyer

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by stoptheinvaders View Post
    Excuses! Excuses! Excuses!

Please watch this video and remember what he said during the campaign, what he said immediately after, and what he is once again saying.
    Comparing then and now! And you are stuck in a moment in time and, because you think such arguments work, you stick with it.

Like I said "Most intelligent people change their minds when new information is presented." You get stuck on a buzzword and can never change. Pointless!

Quote Originally Posted by jtdc View Post

So you are so lame that you see no difference between our military guarding a border with North Korea who has a large army threatening to invade South Korea, with the invasion of drug dealers and a bunch of civilians trying to sneak into this country? GIVE ME A BREAK!
    So you finally admitted that you are all in for the United States protecting other countries, but not for protecting our own.
    You've got to Stand for Something or You'll Fall for Anything

Excuses! Excuses! Excuses!

Please watch this video and remember what he said during the campaign, what he said immediately after, and what he is once again saying.

Yes, I have repeated it 3 times, and I might repeat it a 4th time, as long as the cheerleaders keep spinning, I will offer the truth.

Our elected officials need to be held accountable and that includes Trump!

What do you mean by "held accountable"? FYI, Hillary lost her run for "elected official".
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    What do you mean by "held accountable"? FYI, Hillary lost her run for "elected official".
    I believe you know what I mean, but just in case you are not deflecting and spinning, I mean.......

Trump needs to be help accountable for his campaign promises, and that includes his promises on immigration, and draining the swamp.

I believe you know what I mean, but just in case you are not deflecting and spinning, I mean.......

Trump needs to be help accountable for his campaign promises, and that includes his promises on immigration, and draining the swamp.
    I understand you're talking about Trump and his campaign promises, but what do you mean by "held accountable"? There is no crime in not being able to accomplish a campaign promise, or taking longer than you apparently thought it would take, so what do you mean by "held accountable"?

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

What gave you the idea that you needed to inform me Hillary lost her run?

My statement and I quote-----"Our elected officials need to be held accountable and that includes Trump!"

I will even explain the reason I make that statement in that manner.

Most people think of our elected officials as all elected officials including President and Congress, however there are a group who thinks Trump is above being held accountable for anything.

I understand you're talking about Trump and his campaign promises, but what do you mean by "held accountable"? There is no crime in not being able to accomplish a campaign promise, or taking longer than you apparently thought it would take, so what do you mean by "held accountable"?
    Gee does that really need explaining?

Let's start with NOT defending and making silly excuses for every broken promise.

How about when he tells a straight our lie, not arguing for 2 days that he is telling the truth. Do you need an example of that or do you remember?

MW
    Trump knows what he's talking about.
    Look, I don't blame him, but it should be obvious to everyone that Trump is doing everything he can to get the media off his back. He'll practically do and/or say anything to accomplish that.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Media Says Sessions, Trump Are Feuding, New Report Says Otherwise

BY BEN MARQUIS
    AUGUST 24, 2018 AT 4:07PM

Shortly after being sworn in as attorney general, Jeff Sessions announced that he would recuse himself from all matters involving Russia and the Trump campaign’s alleged collusion in the 2016 election, which presumably would encompass all else related to the election, perhaps even failed Democrat nominee Hillary Clinton and all of her scandalous baggage.

Sessions’ recusal seemingly has been a thorn in President Donald Trump’s side since then, prompting a slew of tweets and occasional remarks that are harshly critical of the attorney general and call into question the job he is doing as head of the Justice Department.

Sessions typically ignores those outbursts or fires back boilerplate statements that assert he is doing the best job he can with the resources available to him … usually with a subtle wink and nod signifying that things might be happening behind the scenes.

We have watched that play out over the past two days, with Trump making remarks in a Fox News interview and tweeting while Sessions fired back another statement about not being “improperly” pressured into action by political circumstances.

The liberal media, the left in general and even many folks on the right seem to ignore or miss the subtle messages from Sessions and focus solely on Trump’s harsh criticism, which the media is only too happy to play up as some sort of bitter feud between the president and attorney general.

The clear implication in all of this is that Trump and Sessions no longer like each other, Trump is an idiot who was fooled by Sessions, Trump has grown frustrated by a lack of progress with Sessions holding wrongdoers accountable, and Sessions is on the verge of being fired or forced to resign, literally any day now, as per the bulk of the media on both the left and right.

But Breitbart just pointed out how the media narrative that Trump and Sessions hate each other and are unable to work together any longer was undermined by the fact that, just hours after their latest back-and-forth, both men were together in the White House to work on something important without any sort of incident or outburst occurring.

Breitbart cited a report by Jonathan Swan of Axios, who detailed how Trump and Sessions appeared to get along just fine in an afternoon meeting about proposed justice system and prison reform measures, according to an unnamed source with “direct knowledge” of the meeting.

The meeting reportedly was attended by not just Trump and Sessions, but also Trump’s adviser and son-in-law Jared Kushner — who is pushing the reform measures — as well as White House counsel Kellyanne Conway and White House Director of Strategic Communications Mercedes Schlapp.

Another source said to have knowledge of the meeting told Swan that there had been “No acknowledgment, not even a passing mention” of the morning’s back-and-forth, “To the point where I don’t even know if (Trump) was aware of (Sessions’) statement.”

Swan wrote that off as simply being Trump’s purported “aversion to in-person confrontations” and noted that Trump seemed to align himself closely with Sessions’ position against proceeding with certain justice and prison reform measures for the moment, at least until after the midterm elections.

Indeed, Breitbart shared a statement released by Sessions after the meeting which said, “We’re pleased the President agreed that we shouldn’t support criminal justice reform that would reduce sentences, put drug traffickers back on our streets, and undermine our law enforcement officers who are working night and day to reduce violent crime and drug trafficking in the middle of an opioid crisis.”

But what if Sessions and Trump being able to work together without mentioning their earlier back-and-forth is not the result of either man wishing to avoid an in-person confrontation, but rather was symbolic of the fact that they’ve been capable of working together closely the entire time, despite how it may look to everyone else on the outside?

There is a theory subscribed to by some that all of the criticism and snarky comments aimed at Sessions by Trump is not really a display of his dissatisfaction with the attorney general, but rather a deliberate ploy to misdirect the liberal media and the left into thinking there is a rift between the two men.

The purpose of such would be to distract the media into not paying too much attention to what Sessions is doing behind the scenes — conducting deep investigations and preparing indictments against wrongdoers — and creating space so that when Sessions eventually announces the results of those investigations and begins to drop indictments on high-profile criminals, it will be tougher for the media to frame it all as Sessions doing Trump’s dirty political hatchet work.

Of course, such a theory requires a bit of faith in both Trump and Sessions — and sets aside the liberal media’s remarkable ability to hypocritically turn on a dime with a straight face, though it could be counting on that too, for greater effect. It also involves quite a bit of deception about their alleged rift — even aimed at some people on the right — in order to make the ruse truly believable … which it certainly appears to be, given the hysterical media coverage. Only time will tell if that theory is correct.

If so, Sessions will eventually emerge from the shadows with a slew of indictments and Trump and his supporters will cheer as wrongdoers are finally held accountable. If not, then Sessions will eventually be fired and replaced by someone else who will be tasked with doing the same thing … only this time without any cover and even more media attention focused on him or her as a potential partisan attack dog for the president.

https://www.westernjournal.com/ct/me...ent=2018-08-23

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Gee does that really need explaining?

Let's start with NOT defending and making silly excuses for every broken promise.

How about when he tells a straight our lie, not arguing for 2 days that he is telling the truth. Do you need an example of that or do you remember?
    I'm thrilled with the accomplishments of President Trump for our country and citizens. It's truly remarkable what he's done and to have done it in such a short period of time against so many odds and so much pressure, criticism and resistance, will make it one of the most studied and admired Presidencies in US history. Plus, we're only in 1 year and 7 months of this Presidency, with more than 6 years of many more amazing achievements to go, and I look forward to every single day of them.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast