Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MW
    Expendable wrote:

So why do so many folks think it's okay for a 17 yr old to have unprotected sex, especially with all the std's out there.
    I haven't seen anyone say it's okay. However, I have heard a ton of assumptions being passed around regarding the issue. How do you know the daughter and boyfriend didn't plan this out. Perhaps they've fooled us all, including their parents. If that were the case, it certainly wouldn't be the first time that a 17 year old purposely got pregnant. Something to think about.

What happened between the girl and her boyfriend is really none of our business because she is of consent age (16 in Alaska), and it's certainly not relevant to VP hopeful Palin's selection.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Expendable
    Quote Originally Posted by zeezil
    Expendable...give it a rest.
    Translates into: You're right, but we have too much invested in Palin to accept the truth...
    What truth is that? Was she found guilty of something? I am willing to accept truth.

I accept this truth:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEeHl0h3NBo

Translates into: You're right, but we have too much invested in Palin to accept the truth...
    TRANSLATION: Your wrong...and you have no clue.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW wrote:
    What happened between the girl and her boyfriend is really none of our business because she is of consent age (16 in Alaska), and it's certainly not relevant to VP hopeful Palin's selection.
    Correct MW. And it is also the business of none if a woman decides to have a child or have an abortion. It is a personal decision and slanting that personal decision one way or the other with the public rabidness that has been occurring in this country is absolutely disgusting.
    Either way, birth or abortion, it is a decision that must prevail, starting with a woman's circumstances at that point in life and her reconciliation with her beliefs.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by hell2pay
    What truth is that? Was she found guilty of something? I am willing to accept truth.

I accept this truth:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEeHl0h3NBo
    This is documented.

MW
    Vortex wrote:

MW wrote:
    Quote:

Correct MW. And it is also the business of none if a woman decides to have a child or have an abortion.
    Whoa, there's a huge difference here. Some would consider abortion murder. Taking a life and giving life are two very separate issues.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I'm assuming some here expect a family that has values and teaches them to their children, should be perfect. They infer that the children are completely obedient, they never veer from the parents teachings or their values. That is just plain naive. PERIOD. I know conservative parents who have cried many tears because a child has CHOSEN to go AGAINST their teaching. So to assume that anyone who holds conservative values, doesn't teach their children AT HOME, or that they should be a perfect family just doesn't live in the real world. More than likely they don't keep company with conservatives or know them well at all. It is always an argument they TRY to use to beat conservatives over the head.
    I 100% agree. Lord knows I put my parents through heck and it wasn't from their lack of teaching. There's not a perfect person on this planet that hasn't tested the limits, made mistakes or anything else. It's what you do about it that's the point. Being conservative, a parent, moral or anything else doesn't guarentee perfection. It's something you aspire to.

I just don't know why there's this horrible attitude for this girl, who is a teenager, not running for office and certainly not asking to have her personal life be brought into play, be used against her mother. Yet, someone IN office, an adult, who has asked to be in the public eye
    is given a green light for their own behavior. Sorry, having a President, married, having sex in the Oval Office with an employee, denying it, etc. is alot more questionable than the teenage child of someone running who is open and taking responsibility for it.

This girl, who has a boyfriend and is getting married, is treated like the scum of the earth.......but we're supposed to have "compassion" for one who doesn't know who the daddy is, purposly remains single to get government freebies, or an anchor into the country illegally.......is a poor victim and needs our help and support and understanding and compassion. This young man is taking responsibility and others just laugh it off and expect anyone else to care for his offspring....coz gee whiz, that's what guys do. I just don't get the double standard.

No one says anything is right and ok. Just like Obama was honest and said he did drugs in his youth. Is doing drugs right? No. But like just about any kid, many experiment, might even enjoy it, but stop and move on. I don't hold that against him. Nor would I say he's a bad parent if his daughters were caught with a joint in their room a few years from now.

Lets just compare apple to apples and oranges to oranges......not apples and oranges.

If I were Sarah Palin I would totally ignore the left stream media, let them eat their hearts out with jealous contempt and just focus on her own great accomplishments and lovely family.
    I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by WhatMattersMost
    Gotta love those family values . . . .
    Yeah...you must be referring to the marxist anti-life anti-American family values of the 'progressive' left.

So if the age of consent was 14, would you still think it's okay for her and her boyfriend to have unprotected sex? Shouldn't we encourage kids to wait till they have established their careers before starting a family. Her daughter is not the issue. I thought McCain's pick would blow up in his face, given the message it sends is "women are so stupid, they'll vote for if I put a woman on the ticket." But given the responses here, it sure is starting to look like McCain may be right...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast