Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MW
    Expendable wrote:

So if the age of consent was 14, would you still think it's okay for her and her boyfriend to have unprotected sex?
    I prefer to deal with what is vice what ifs.

I thought McCain's pick would blow up in his face, given the message it sends is "women are so stupid, they'll vote for if I put a woman on the ticket." But given the responses here, it sure is starting to look like McCain may be right...
    There you go again with the assumptions, theories, etc. IMO, you probably shouldn't presume to know what McCain's reasons were for choosing Palin.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

So if the age of consent was 14, would you still think it's okay for her and her boyfriend to have unprotected sex?
    Who's to say it wasn't protected sex and it just didn't work?

Shouldn't we encourage kids to wait till they have established their careers before starting a family.
    Yes but it doesn't mean they will listen. Doesn't help when there's pressure to have kids younger and younger either. My daughter is 21, working and going to college and working in a daycare. She's the ONLY non-pregnant woman or mother there......they wonder what's wrong with her. Why work when you could get pregnant and then the state will pay for it all and help you get your education? Aren't you worried you might get too old and not be fertile when you want a kid? I mean look at all the women who put their careers first and are now undergoing fertility treatments to conceive. You're so good with kids, it's a waste to let this prime time go by waiting for the "perfect time" to get pregnant. Let alone the "perfect" man that will stay with you forever and support you. LOL...dream on girl if you think THAT will ever happen.

Just a view of the other side. Waiting to have children and getting an education is probably the only things she listened to me about....but it's getting harder and harder to show it's it's best for her, when the ones who don't, get a free ride, health care, their own place and education paid for. They are rewarding the wrong people. Not that they should be punished any worse than their own circumstances do, but it apparently pays off better to NOT take the high road anymore.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Not that they should be punished
    Punished isn't the right word either......just not rewarded.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I just saw photos of the daughter holding alcohol on her MySpace page. Do you believe the McCain camp knew about the photos? I don't, or maybe they would have suggested pulling them down. And it would've been a good idea to take down Levi's remark about not being ready to be a parent.
    Why didn't we hear anything about Palin before he picked her -because he doesn't really care about her abilities, but rather her ability to draw Hillary supporters. I have said before his pick shows he has little respect for women, and will do whatever it takes to win this election.
    It troubles me that noone here seems to be looking deeper into his choice, and are ready to support someone who would put his own goals ahead of that of what's best for this country. His camp has already backed down from saying she was properly vetted, so to me that shows us his camp will lie to us.

Why don't we agree to disagree.

I have never seen any thread on any forum, that changes someone's opinion. It always reduces to attacking one another.

MW
    Expendable wrote:

It troubles me that noone here seems to be looking deeper into his choice, and are ready to support someone who would put his own goals ahead of that of what's best for this country.
    I'm still on the fence on what I'm going to do come election day. My interest in this and other threads concerning McCain's VP pick is the constant character attacks that are being lobbed at Palin and her family so early in the game. Many of the attacks seem to be extremely weak on actual facts.

I just saw photos of the daughter holding alcohol on her MySpace page. Do you believe the McCain camp knew about the photos?
    Do you have a link?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I don't know expendable. All I know is we don't have any people that are saint pure and no one I really absolutly love and adore. In the case with this womans daughter....I'm sorry, the daughter isn't running and shouldn't be up for debate. We aren't electing a King, I don't think there's one person on the planet that is 100% perfect for everyone that someone out there isn't going to find fault with. There's not many who would be willing to open their lives up for the judgement of others, let alone be held responsible for someone elses actions. I could care less what "sins" were committed when someone was a kid, I want to know where they stand now. My views changed as I grew up and different things were more important at different points in my life.

There's many things I don't like or agree with. I just have to bite the bullet and let it be as long as it's not someone telling me I have to do it too or I'm not allowed to, and it's a moral issue and not a legal one personally effecting my life. Does that make sense?

I don't think there's ANY government office dealing in 100% truth....that's why you gather what information you can and you make your own personal choice.

Quote Originally Posted by crazybird
    I don't know expendable. All I know is we don't have any people that are saint pure and no one I really absolutly love and adore. In the case with this womans daughter....I'm sorry, the daughter isn't running and shouldn't be up for debate. We aren't electing a King, I don't think there's one person on the planet that is 100% perfect for everyone that someone out there isn't going to find fault with. There's not many who would be willing to open their lives up for the judgement of others, let alone be held responsible for someone elses actions. I could care less what "sins" were committed when someone was a kid, I want to know where they stand now. My views changed as I grew up and different things were more important at different points in my life.

There's many things I don't like or agree with. I just have to bite the bullet and let it be as long as it's not someone telling me I have to do it too or I'm not allowed to, and it's a moral issue and not a legal one personally effecting my life. Does that make sense?

I don't think there's ANY government office dealing in 100% truth....that's why you gather what information you can and you make your own personal choice.
    I like they way you write crazybird, and I agree with the points you've made.

So, which one of you were out dating with Miss Palin and know for sure what went on? None of you were flies on the wall or know anything about the Palin household or how they raised their children.

The only facts that you know are that Miss Palin is pregnant and she will soon be married. That's it.

Guys, just give this up. It's really getting old, it's controntational speculation and has noting to do with illegal immigration.

Go chew out California for trying to give licenses to illegals and burn up Arnie's phone line telling him to Veto it.

Dixie

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    So, which one of you were out dating with Miss Palin and know for sure what went on? None of you were flies on the wall or know anything about the Palin household or how they raised their children.

The only facts that you know are that Miss Palin is pregnant and she will soon be married. That's it.

Guys, just give this up. It's really getting old, it's controntational speculation and has noting to do with illegal immigration.

Go chew out California for trying to give licenses to illegals and burn up Arnie's phone line telling him to Veto it.

Dixie

Yes we need you working on CA to be sure.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast