Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    -1 today with 5 more inches of new snow
    what in the Gods green earth is a two hour delay of school going to solve
    it makes us all late , it makes the school day 3 hours long and they have to feed them lunch at least what a big waste of time close the dang thing till we get a little break in the weither my lord dont wait till 630 in the morning to tell us we are on a delay then close it a 7 get real some people acculy have to make plains for 6 kids if school closes

My darlings have been out of school both Monday and today Monday they started out with a two hour delay but by 6:30 a.m. cancelled. They announced last night that schools would be closed today. Back in Virginia, they closed schools at the drop of a hat because they feared getting sued if the buses were involved in an accident

-4 in Ky.,W.Va and Ohio tri-state area.

Supposed to get some more snow, only got about an inch, but since I live on a hill and a steep driveway....I only got out last night, when hubby took me to the grocery store! He has 4 wheel drive, I don't.

UPS man has been here twice. Walked up our driveway both times, yesterday he slipped going down the drive, and got into the yard to walk down.

But..I like being snowed in, I like hearing that crunch under the feet and I like it when it seems that all sound is muffled.
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

Banned

Re: Is It Cold Where You Are?

Quote Originally Posted by dyehard39
    Quote Originally Posted by steelerbabe
    Current temp at 10:00 a.m. 0 with a wind chill of -18. Where is the global warming?

Global warming comes gradually and not over night just as the cause has happened over time.
    90% of the world scientist agree that it is and partially caused by man. I do not fully understand how it affects the weather but I will take the word of those who do. The fact that the polar caps are melting at the rate it is and the affect it will have convince me.

Russian Expert Says Global Warming to Aggravate in 21st Century
    According to a report of a Russian scientist climate change will pose serious problems as temperatures are expected to rise further in the 21st century, influencing the intensity of precipitation, floods and draughts. RIA Novosti reported Monday.

Vladimir Katsov, the head of a geophysics laboratory in Russia and a member of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, thinks that global warming will continue and even intensify in the 21st century.
    In a report published in Paris last Friday, the UN climate panel — a group of 2,500 scientists from 130 countries tasked with assessing climatic changes humanity might face in the coming years — said climate change was “very likely” man-made. Katsov said average global temperatures have risen by 0.74C in the past 100 years, and that 11 out of the dozen years from 1995-2006 were among the 12 hottest since temperatures began to be monitored globally in 1850. He agreed with the IPCC report’s estimate that the temperature would rise by 1.8-4C (3.2-7.2F) by the end of the century.

Dry summers are very probable in the North Caucasus, and heavy floods are highly possible in East and Central Siberia,” he said, adding that permafrost areas could shift northward as a result, which could affect infrastructure.

Glacial melting is set to accelerate, and the Arctic Ocean could be ice-free in summer by the end of the century, he said. Sea levels are expected to rise by 19-58 centimeters during the century.

The scientist reiterated the panel’s conclusion that human activities were the main cause of the increased atmospheric concentration of
    dioxide and the rusultant warming.

cahttp://www.mosnews.com/news/2007/02/0 ... .shtmlrbon

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/edi ... 25467.html
    First, where on Earth do you get that figure of 90% for the number of "world scientist (sic)" claiming that global warming in manmade?

Next, what's with those links? One is a bum link and the other is just a reader response page from the Houston Chronicle. If those are your "experts," no wonder you are confused.

Banned

Re: Is It Cold Where You Are?

Oops, the site locked up for a minute and I double posted...

Chicagoland looks like a little bit of heaven...the entire sky is filled with snow and we are expecting 3-6 inches. The way that it is snowing, I am leaning towards the six. Right now, it is 1 degree. All of the dogs in the neighborhood are loving it, and running around like maniacs.

Banned
    Dyehard, here's a little more on the "consensus" about anthropogenic global warming from today's issue of Canada Free Press:

Global Warming: The Cold, Hard Facts?
    By Timothy Ball

Monday, February 5, 2007

Global Warming, as we think we know it, doesn't exist. And I am not the only one trying to make people open up their eyes and see the truth. But few listen, despite the fact that I was the first Canadian Ph.D. in Climatology and I have an extensive background in climatology, especially the reconstruction of past climates and the impact of climate change on human history and the human condition. Few listen, even though I have a Ph.D, (Doctor of Science) from the University of London, England and was a climatology professor at the University of Winnipeg. For some reason (actually for many), the World is not listening. Here is why.

What would happen if tomorrow we were told that, after all, the Earth is flat? It would probably be the most important piece of news in the media and would generate a lot of debate. So why is it that when scientists who have studied the Global Warming phenomenon for years say that humans are not the cause nobody listens? Why does no one acknowledge that the Emperor has no clothes on?

Believe it or not, Global Warming is not due to human contribution of Carbon Dioxide (CO2). This in fact is the greatest deception in the history of science. We are wasting time, energy and trillions of dollars while creating unnecessary fear and consternation over an issue with no scientific justification. For example, Environment Canada brags about spending $3.7 billion in the last five years dealing with climate change almost all on propaganda trying to defend an indefensible scientific position while at the same time closing weather stations and failing to meet legislated pollution targets.

No sensible person seeks conflict, especially with governments, but if we don't pursue the truth, we are lost as individuals and as a society. That is why I insist on saying that there is no evidence that we are, or could ever cause global climate change. And, recently, Yuri A. Izrael, Vice President of the United Nations sponsored Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) confirmed this statement. So how has the world come to believe that something is wrong?

Maybe for the same reason we believed, 30 years ago, that global cooling was the biggest threat: a matter of faith. "It is a cold fact: the Global Cooling presents humankind with the most important social, political, and adaptive challenge we have had to deal with for ten thousand years. Your stake in the decisions we make concerning it is of ultimate importance; the survival of ourselves, our children, our species," wrote Lowell Ponte in 1976...
    Full story at http://www.canadafreepress.com/2007/glo ... 020507.htm

The weather here is nice, clear sky, sunny and not realy cold.
    Around 53 F.

carpe diem
    mkfarnam, thank you so much for ya help. My laptop & windows are working again as it used to be. Thanks to you !!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Neese
    Chicagoland looks like a little bit of heaven...the entire sky is filled with snow and we are expecting 3-6 inches. The way that it is snowing, I am leaning towards the six. Right now, it is 1 degree. All of the dogs in the neighborhood are loving it, and running around like maniacs.
    Hey Neese, I just took a little break and went outside in my shorts and barefoot. It's 65 degrees and clear as a bell. I hope it doesn't get too warm today. I have to drive over to visit my fabricator by the lake in a couple of hours and I don't want to have to waste gas running the air conditioner.

well the cold has hit here. It's only 46 degrees at 1:30 PM. Got to do my walk so guess I'm just gona have to "cowboy up" and hit the bricks.
    Now tomorrow were back to the 60's.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast