Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by CrocketsGhost
    Quote Originally Posted by Neese
    Chicagoland looks like a little bit of heaven...the entire sky is filled with snow and we are expecting 3-6 inches. The way that it is snowing, I am leaning towards the six. Right now, it is 1 degree. All of the dogs in the neighborhood are loving it, and running around like maniacs.
    Hey Neese, I just took a little break and went outside in my shorts and barefoot. It's 65 degrees and clear as a bell. I hope it doesn't get too warm today. I have to drive over to visit my fabricator by the lake in a couple of hours and I don't want to have to waste gas running the air conditioner.
    You are a scoundrel!!

If it was just cold, I might be jealous, but I am telling you, it is gorgeous here. I wish that you could see it. It makes up for all of the other days with a negative wind chill. I have friends flying into LA today, they are missing all the fun.

Banned
    Chicagoland looks like a little bit of heaven...the entire sky is filled with snow and we are expecting 3-6 inches. The way that it is snowing, I am leaning towards the six. Right now, it is 1 degree. All of the dogs in the neighborhood are loving it, and running around like maniacs.
    Hey Neese, I just took a little break and went outside in my shorts and barefoot. It's 65 degrees and clear as a bell. I hope it doesn't get too warm today. I have to drive over to visit my fabricator by the lake in a couple of hours and I don't want to have to waste gas running the air conditioner.
    You are a scoundrel!!

If it was just cold, I might be jealous, but I am telling you, it is gorgeous here. I wish that you could see it. It makes up for all of the other days with a negative wind chill. I have friends flying into LA today, they are missing all the fun.
    Actually, I would like to see some real snow. We've gotten a little bit of ice and we had those flurries last week, but it rarely sticks here in Dallas these days. Last winter I got my snow fix in Bavaria. After a couple of days of heavy clouds and snow, the clouds moved out and it was glorious. There is something about the cold clean air the first clear day after a big snowstorm.

You are a scoundrel!!

Actually, I would like to see some real snow. We've gotten a little bit of ice and we had those flurries last week, but it rarely sticks here in Dallas these days. Last winter I got my snow fix in Bavaria. After a couple of days of heavy clouds and snow, the clouds moved out and it was glorious. There is something about the cold clean air the first clear day after a big snowstorm.
    How did you like Germany? Do you go often? I think that the people there are very kind and the towns are beautiful. I need to go back, I didn't have enough time. I spent more time traveling around Austria, and really enjoyed Salzburg and the vineyards near the Hungarian border. (Even they had a guy in a tower with a rifle. LOL!!) I wasn't a big fan of Vienna. The people were nice but it seemed a little dirty. Although I do enjoy parking on the sidewalk! We have a group of friends who are thinking about going this year...now I'll have to think about it.

Banned
    You are a scoundrel!!

How did you like Germany? Do you go often? I think that the people there are very kind and the towns are beautiful. I need to go back, I didn't have enough time. I spent more time traveling around Austria, and really enjoyed Salzburg and the vineyards near the Hungarian border. (Even they had a guy in a tower with a rifle. LOL!!) I wasn't a big fan of Vienna. The people were nice but it seemed a little dirty. Although I do enjoy parking on the sidewalk! We have a group of friends who are thinking about going this year...now I'll have to think about it.
    I've been spending quite a bit of time in Bavaria lately on business, mostly around Rosenheim. It's a beautiful area. When I get the chance I spend a day or two in Munich. I have also been hitting Frankfurt about once a year. I should be back in Rosenheim in a couple of months. I'm also trying to get enough free time to visit a friend in Bratislava. I have been considering taking one of those Danube cruises where your "hotel room" comes down the river with you, meaning that you only unpack once, but get to spend time in several cities.

It has been a BEAUTIFUL day up here in north Texas. Low 70's. Tomorrow, a chance of rain, highs in the 50's. That is why Texas is truly the greatest state in the Union. Here, you can play golf year round. Of course, I stink at golf and find it too expensive to play year round...but, if I had the money, and my wife would let me...I'd be playing YEAR ROUND!!!

Sorry about the icy weather up north. Please feel free NOT to send it down here. I mean, I like winter and all, but it has to be a Texas winter...like today's Texas winter.
    THE POOR ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT IN MY AVATAR CROSSED OVER THE WRONG BORDER FENCE!!!

I have been considering taking one of those Danube cruises where your "hotel room" comes down the river with you, meaning that you only unpack once, but get to spend time in several cities.
    I did not know that those accomodations were available. The Danube is pretty, but I think it is contaminated. Don't dangle those Texas toes in the water, you might come back home with more than a lousy t-shirt. I am not familiar with a couple of the cities that you mentioned, I will have to check them out. Have you ever been to the Eagle's Nest or the salt mines?

Banned
    I have been considering taking one of those Danube cruises where your "hotel room" comes down the river with you, meaning that you only unpack once, but get to spend time in several cities.
    I did not know that those accomodations were available. The Danube is pretty, but I think it is contaminated. Don't dangle those Texas toes in the water, you might come back home with more than a lousy t-shirt. I am not familiar with a couple of the cities that you mentioned, I will have to check them out. Have you ever been to the Eagle's Nest or the salt mines?
    No, but I'd love to visit the Eagle's Nest.

I have no plans to swim in the Danube. It's just a convenient way to travel through that part of Europe. Here's a link to one of the many cruises available:

http://www.cruisingholidays.co.uk/river ... /index.htm

Here is one of the river cruise boats:

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by moosetracks
    -4 in Ky.,W.Va and Ohio tri-state area.

Supposed to get some more snow, only got about an inch, but since I live on a hill and a steep driveway....I only got out last night, when hubby took me to the grocery store! He has 4 wheel drive, I don't.

UPS man has been here twice. Walked up our driveway both times, yesterday he slipped going down the drive, and got into the yard to walk down.

But..I like being snowed in, I like hearing that crunch under the feet and I like it when it seems that all sound is muffled.
    shuuuu weee cant even see the city on the artimus cam we got 2 inches coming every hour with an expectaion of about 6
    chanel five says dont drive .

It` cold here, it`s only in the 80`s here today

I heard that it was -2 in Ohio and -6 in Michigan Sunday and Monday.
    ------------------------

CrocketsGhost,
    You must sell Avon, Tupperware or shoes door to door
    ------------------------

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast