Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    I'm not saying that Paul now follows all of the libertarian platform

But they do not believe in closed borders

This might make you take a second look

http://www.lp.org/issues/immigration.shtml

The benefits of open immigration

America has always been a nation of immigrants. Thomas Jefferson emphasized this basic part of the American heritage, taking note of "the natural right which all men have of relinquishing the country in which birth or other accident may have thrown them, and seeking subsistence and happiness wheresoever they may be able, and hope to find them."

The Libertarian Party has long recognized the importance of allowing free and open immigration,

Studies also show that not only do immigrants not take jobs away from American workers, they also do not drive down wages. Numerous studies have demonstrated that increased immigration has little or no effect on the wages of most American workers, and may even increase wages at upper income levels
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a lot more but you get the message

this is like something right out of la raza's playbook

I'm not against a fence being built, but if you listen to Paul's stance on illegal immigration, it cuts down the need for fences. If you take away all that draws the illegals in the first place, they won't come. If you get a President who has the guts to stand up and say we're not going to put up with illegal immigration, it makes a big difference to the ones hearing the message. If there's nothing here for them, many will not come. Ron Paul also says to cut off free medical care. When he was asked by Jon Stossel what would happen if they were injured and showed up at a hospital, Paul said we would be compassionate, but they can't get free health care.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    " If you take away all that draws the illegals in the first place, they won't come"

If you believe this , I have some swampland for sale in
    Vegas , real cheap

Banned
    " Ron Paul also says to cut off free medical care."

He doesn't or wouldn't have the power to do this , Only congress
    could do this

I see the liberatarians might have that idea - but I'm not pushing truly I'm not - as I am very interested in this. Has he said he wants open borders?

I want to be sure he isn't being painted with that brush because he does have liberatarian leanings - and once ran on the ticket.

We have two chances Paul and Hunter to get out a new message - and I hate to see either one of them branded with something that isn't true.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    To be honest ,

I'm a Romney supporter and I've seen a lot of stuff going both
    ways on all the candidates

I honestly DO NOT believe that Ron Paul is for open borders
    but the info and his past are an open record , It troubles me
    that he does not support the fence though

I also sympathize with everyone backing Paul but at this
    time I don't believe that Hunter or Paul are going to get enough
    traction to make either of them electable
    I could be wrong

You can't finish 3rd , 4th and 5th in several primaries and get the nom

but only Iowa is done , there are lots to go and Paul has lots of
    money
    He isn't going anywhere for a while

Banned
    "I want to be sure he isn't being painted with that brush because he does have liberatarian leanings - and once ran on the ticket."

Of course he is going to be painted with this brush

Its his past , his record , it happened

Just like Romney and his record of enforcement against illegals
    and his flip flop on abortion ,

Public stuff and not going away

Well, if he actually said it, proposed it or supported it - yes, it's fair game.

If, however, it is being said because of his, as I said, libertarian leanings, then it's unfair.

As for the fence, I don't know why he didn't want the fence.

He says it's offensive - I agree. Maybe not for the same reasons he does, I don't know his reasons. I think is offensive because it says we can't control our own country and our government is unwilling to enforce the laws. That's offensive to me.

I find it offensive that leaders we know do not want immigration stopped, and have said it, proven it in so many ways, are pretending they are going to build it. That's an insult. That's offensive.

But if you have time, think about the fence - in reality - not in the abstract. Put the idea of this fence into a real picture of the situation as it is and the people who are charged with building it, etc. Then ask yourself if it really is going to do the job WE hope it will do -

A fence in the abstract, built correctly, manned properly-with BP agents allowed to do their job - yes. But if we are honest with ourselves, we know deep down in our hearts, unless we get someone, a lot of someones, different in Washington, that probably is not going to happen.

Without some real strong and immediate interior enforcement to clean people out of this country who shouldn't be here - we are sunk. There are enough here, with enough connections, being funded by not only greedy corporations, our very own government - and the Mexican government, to achieve the loss of sovereignty. That isn't going to be achieved by the little raids they have been doing and a raid by a chicken growing and processing company that nets - 24 - and finds 30 with fraudulent documents and so far, wants to tell us the employer is totally unaware they hired any illegals.

The fence bothers me as I see it as a smokescreen and a diversion from interior enforcement.

Quote Originally Posted by tinybobidaho
    I just did a little digging and Ron Paul said, although he doesn't like the 700 mile fence, he voted for it because the bill got rid of amnesty. He's against amnesty. Just thought I would clear that part up.
    He also said this, at the same time........."I didn't like the fence. I don't think the fence can solve a problem. I find it rather offensive."
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie
    I see the liberatarians might have that idea - but I'm not pushing truly I'm not - as I am very interested in this. Has he said he wants open borders?

I want to be sure he isn't being painted with that brush because he does have liberatarian leanings - and once ran on the ticket.

We have two chances Paul and Hunter to get out a new message - and I hate to see either one of them branded with something that isn't true.
    He says that he does not want a fence!!

If you notice, he has NO plans for going after employers or holding them acountable.

He thinks that if you stop welfare, foodstamps, etc.----then this alone will stop them from coming. However, this is not true-----as 4 years ago Arizona passed 4 props that took all benefits away from illegals----and they kept on coming and did not leave!! It was not until they went after the jobs, before the illegals began to leave!!

Anyone who doubts this----call and ask Russell Pearce in Arizona.
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.