Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

You know what Hillary represents to me? Status Quo! I'm sick to death of the same-old-same-old bad policy. Hillary is not going to lead us in a new direction. She is going to usher us back to the days of the rolling-rolling-rolling Amnesty.

Actually, that is the very reason I would back Tancredo.(I'm still very undecided). He at least is offering me change and for the protection and betterment of our country.

I have firmly decided that, I'm passing on Hillary! That's for sure.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Cassie,
    He was impeached, and it wasn't for a bj. It was for perjury.
    You obviously don't know the Constitution so please familiarize yourself on the impeachment process.
    Here's facts to back up clinton's impeachment.

http://usgovinfo.about.com/od/thepresid ... chment.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impeachment

http://www.usconstitution.net/const.html

http://www.archives.gov/national-archiv ... ution.html
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

2ndamendsis wrote:

Now I'm truly confused. Please help me to understand why it's UNNECESSARY to mention the Constitution while debating a presidential election?
    Because we were talking about Hillary, and you came with the question if the constitution is important to me. Hillary and I will both obey the constitution.

What would be the very first thing that a president is to be concerned with while in the Oval Office? BJ's or ohhhhhhhh, say, the United States Constitution?
    BJ was in his second term, so not the first thing what he did when Bill was president. Most Americans thought it was a private fmily issue.

No need for me to take that time considering there is a copy of the United States Constitution on my desk, in my bedroom, in my living room and a small one in my briefcase.
    Why whould I want a copy of the constitution in my house ?
    I'm not the president or an imporant person, I'm just a citizen sharing her point of view.

Really? And how would they be achieving that requirement?
    If that's the case then wouldn't it be wise to 'bring it up' in a discussion concerning the presidential election before the election?[/b]
    Yes, you can bring it up in a discussion, but only just one discussion.
    I want to know their policies and if they look good, that is my only requirement who to vote for. But again, you asked the constitution question to me, and that was irrelevant

FYI: the US Constitution is to be 'capitalized' whenever written. Were you aware of that or is that a form of disrespect on your part?
    I write it however I want it. Or do you want to play the spelling / grammer game ? Ok, I'll mention from now on all the grammer and spelling errors you make and quote them.
    mkfarnam, thank you so much for ya help. My laptop & windows are working again as it used to be. Thanks to you !!!

I write it however I want it. Or do you want to play the spelling / grammer game ? Ok, I'll mention from now on all the grammer and spelling errors you make and quote them
    Grammar is spelled this way, not grammer (the way you have it)
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

noyoucannot wrote:

Cassie, you say you changed your mind on illegal immigration because you've seen so much poverty outside of the country. Do you think that the US has the capacity to take in the majority of poor people all over the world? What do you think will happen to this country if we do not regulate the amount of people who come in here? Who will pay for all of the social programs when the middle class is obliterated through the depression of wages? What about the strain on our natural resources?
    Quote Originally Posted by cassie
    I know you’re right my friend, and I don’t know the answers to your questions But I’m a mother who will do anything necessary to take care of her kids. The same thing with those illegal aliens, all they do is just try to get some money through hard labor to feed their kids. They have mouths to feed.
    Cassie. The whole idea of the social safety net intends that our fellow citizens will have help in hard times to survive. I once supported such a concept. However, my trust in my fellow citizens to participate responsibly and protect my investment in this system is being abused. Some of my fellow citizens see my pocket as an unlimited resource that should be extended to illegal foreign invaders. If you think a safety net a good thing you need to join with fellow citizens and insist that these unintended beneficiaries be removed from the country. Persons like yourself are letting us all down. You can no longer be trusted to be reasonable, rational and in control of your emotions. The worm is turning.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Dixie wrote:

You know what Hillary represents to me? Status Quo! I'm sick to death of the same-old-same-old bad policy. Hillary is not going to lead us in a new direction. She is going to usher us back to the days of the rolling-rolling-rolling Amnesty.
    I'm fine with amnesty, and it's fine with me too if there's no amnesty at all. It doesn't concern me a bit. We are all children of immigrants. My ancestors came to the US more than 200 years ago and crossed the Atlantic, other immigrants cross(ed) the Pacific or Rio Grande, who cares ?

Actually, that is the very reason I would back Tancredo.(I'm still very undecided). He at least is offering me change and for the protection and betterment of our country.
    I don't know too much about Tancredo, but he's a Republican and I'm sick and tired of Republicans and their policies.
    I have firmly decided that, I'm passing on Hillary! That's for sure.
    And I'll vote Hillary or Obama, that's for sure

Sippy:

I don't care if bill was impeached or not, most Americans thought it was wrong to do so. And we the people should decide that through a referendum and not Kenneth Star and the neocons. And about grammar, I did that on purpose. Just to show it’s so easy to make spelling errors, and it's childish to mention it like 2nd did
    mkfarnam, thank you so much for ya help. My laptop & windows are working again as it used to be. Thanks to you !!!

Dixie wrote:

I'm fine with amnesty, and it's fine with me too if there's no amnesty at all. It doesn't concern me a bit. We are all children of immigrants. My ancestors came to the US more than 200 years ago and crossed the Atlantic, other immigrants cross(ed) the Pacific or Rio Grande, who cares ?
    So just why are you backing Hillary?

I'm not a child of an immigrant and my ancestors were not illegal aliens. They didn't break the law to enter this country and they were documented. The ancestors of Americans were not criminal aliens. End of discussion. No buts, no excuses. This is a nation of Americans not illegal aliens. Also, illegal aliens are not in any shape form or fashon immigrants. They are simply criminals.

I don't know too much about Tancredo, but he's a Republican and I'm sick and tired of Republicans and their policies.
    What Republican policies are you sick of?

By the way, this is Americans for Legal Immigration and if you think you are going to change anyone's mind here about that, then you are dead wrong.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

We are all children of immigrants.
    Please stop using this nonsense statement. There's not a country in the world who hasn't been affected by immigration in one for or another.
    Many of us have ancestors some of which came from another country.

The whole concept we are facing HERE AND NOW is the rule of law, and how illegal aliens simply do not want to follow these laws. American citizens would not get away with breakling laws such as forgery, ID theft, etc.
    We as taxpayers are tired of paying for services illegals are getting, and we are tired of the worldly attitude that it is the responsibility of the United States to take in the world's poor.
    IT ISN'T!!!!
    Simply because they want to come and work to provide for their family is NO EXCUSE for breaking another country's laws.

Why don't you check out mexico's immigration laws. They are 10 times more stringent than ours, and they are actually allowed to excerise their laws!!! What a concept!!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CrocketsGhost
    CrocketsGhost wrote:

Cassie, the son of an illegal alien is not necessarily a citizen. Case law on this is anything but settled, and the legislative intent of the phrase "and subject to the jurisdiction thereof" within Amendment XIV's citizenship clause was made clear in the debate surrounding the inclusion of that verbiage. The automatic citizenship was meant to apply only to those born to persons here lawfully and specifically subject to the jurisdiction. That means that neither the offspring of illegal entrants nor of foreign diplomats or visitors on US soil would gain automatic citizenship.
    It’s not true what you say. I think you’re referring to the Wong Kim Ark trial and the court did not explicitly decide whether U.S.-born children of illegal immigrants are "subject to the jurisdiction of the United States" But the supreme court decided that even kids of illegals are citizens
    Please cite the Supreme Court case that determined that children of illegal aliens secure automatic citizenship under Amendment XIV.
    However, the Supreme Court's later ruling in Plyler v. Doe 457 U.S. 202 stated that illegal immigrants are "within the jurisdiction" of the states in which they reside, and added in a footnote that "no plausible distinction with respect to Fourteenth Amendment "jurisdiction" can be drawn between resident aliens whose entry into the United States was lawful, and resident aliens whose entry was unlawful."

This implies that the U.S.-born children of illegal immigrants qualify for citizenship under the Fourteenth Amendment.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourtee...s_Constitution
    First off, Wikipedia is not a real encyclopedia and its submissions are not fact-checked.

Second, that something was peripherally implied in an unrelated case (the subjects of the Plyler case were not born in the United States) does not in any way settle the matter. In fact, there IS NO STANDING DECISION OF THE SUPREME COURT RELATING TO THE CITIZENSHIP OF CHILDREN OF ILLEGAL ALIENS BORN ON US SOIL. Period. Contrary to your claims, the matter has not been settled by the Supreme Court, and the clear legislative intent of the Amendment states that such people are to be excluded.

2ndamendsis wrote:

Now I'm truly confused. Please help me to understand why it's UNNECESSARY to mention the Constitution while debating a presidential election?
    Because we were talking about Hillary, and you came with the question if the constitution is important to me. Hillary and I will both obey the constitution.
    And you know this as a FACT how? Have you spoken to Hill? Do you know her writings and beliefs? Have you dug into her past actions concerning the Constitution? Are you aware of her efforts in the past and present to change the Constitution to suit her own communist ideals?
    [quote:3w13x5vx]What would be the very first thing that a president is to be concerned with while in the Oval Office? BJ's or ohhhhhhhh, say, the United States Constitution?
    BJ was in his second term, so not the first thing what he did when Bill was president. Most Americans thought it was a private fmily issue.
    Are you aware that WE, the American taxpayers PAY for the Whitehouse and that any President is a GUEST in our home? That anything that is done in the Whitehouse is every American's business?

By the way, I'm assuming by what you write, that you have no concern over our top secrets being given to enemy nations by said guests in America's home? That it doesn't matter that that guest committed treason and consorted with enemies? That is is quite all right for those guests to break the Rule of Law?

Then, the larger question would be............what is important to you concerning the future of the USofA? FREE STUFF?

No need for me to take that time considering there is a copy of the United States Constitution on my desk, in my bedroom, in my living room and a small one in my briefcase.
    Why whould I want a copy of the constitution in my house ?
    I'm not the president or an imporant person, I'm just a citizen sharing her point of view.
    You aren't 'just a citizen' .......you are an AMERICAN citizen. You are a very important person who's responsibility is to make every effort to protect the Constitution for future generations in order to secure their FREEDOM.

And THIS is the greatest danger to our nation.
    People such as yourself who have NO earthly idea that this country would not exist if not for the Constitution. People who have no idea that the Consitution is the ONLY thing that keeps YOU FREE. That it is YOUR responsibility to make certain that every elected official upholds their oaths to uphold the most important document in the world.

Let me say to you, with all due respect, that until you understand that one most important fact...............you're not worth a milisecond of time.

Really? And how would they be achieving that requirement?
    If that's the case then wouldn't it be wise to 'bring it up' in a discussion concerning the presidential election before the election?[/b]
    Yes, you can bring it up in a discussion, but only just one discussion.
    I want to know their policies and if they look good, that is my only requirement who to vote for. But again, you asked the constitution question to me, and that was irrelevant
    Excuse Me?? Are YOU attempting to tell me when and for how long I'm allowed to discuss the ONLY thing that is important in a presidential election............the US Constitution?

You have shown your unbelievable ignorance pertaining to the foundation of our nation and indeed, the very office of the President.

This isn't about hillary the liar and deceitful anti-American....this is about the USA and our very foundation. A President is merely the keeper of the torch...........didn't you know that?

FYI: the US Constitution is to be 'capitalized' whenever written. Were you aware of that or is that a form of disrespect on your part?
    I write it however I want it. Or do you want to play the spelling / grammer game ? Ok, I'll mention from now on all the grammer and spelling errors you make and quote them.[/quote:3w13x5vx]
    Then, my friend, you DISRESPECT the very glue that holds this country together. This has nothing to do with grammar or spelling errors. By your writing it 'any way you want' - which is certainly your FREEDOM of choice given to you by the very Constitution that we are discussing- you are purposely disrespecting your country. Not to mention allowing your ignorance to hang out for all to witness.

This is why we are in the fix we are in.............people who know nothing voting in the most important elections in the world.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast