Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Thank you very much BearFlagRepublic. Much Appreciated.

Also Thanks for acknowledging my apprehensions towards enforcement. I too vaguely remember this as part of Reagans Amnesty Bill of the past. This is where my apprehensions or suspicions towards federal enforcement stem from, lack of teeth.

With that said, this is an election year. This only hightens my apprehensions. If this SAVE ACT passes, will America stand up and cheer? Then the McCain camp and the dems also will be able to clear themselves from the immigration debate. Congress has done the work of the people, the fence is being built, yada, yada, yada.

My whole point is that if this bill passes, will America remain vigilant? (concerning illegal immigration)

No need to losen the grip on their feet, still have to hold them to the fire.

Quote Originally Posted by BearFlagRepublic
    Quote Originally Posted by roundabout
    Well stated Chosen, I am still wondering who will enforce this SAVE ACT?

Does anyone know? The feds or the states?
    It is to be enforced by the feds. Yes, they have a horrible track record on work-place enforcement. The law was inititially put into the 86 amnesty bill. The problem was (and is) that the initital law had too many loop-holes for employers. SAVE attempts to close these loop-holes. Fewer excuses for the employers. Makes it mandatory, streamlined, and updated. If nothing else it will bring more attention to what is fundamental to our movement -- attrition through cutting off the # 1 magnet -- jobs. If the laws STILL go uninforced, after the loop-holes have been closed, and a light has been shown on the issue, whoever is not enforcing it will have to answer to the congresspeople and the nation who support it. If it is enforced, it will make attrition that much easier, quicker, and more efficient. I see no reason to be against this bill. Its not like we will be better off without SAVE.
    Plus, it would prevent sanctuary cities/states from receiving any federal Dept of Homeland Security funding if they are providing sanctuary in any way.

Plus, it would prevent states from receiving federal highway funding if the state provides licenses to illegals.

BearFlagRepublic, keep in mind that it did take close to 20 yrs. for the feds lack of enforcement to brought back to their attention. Big issues have a way of being satisfied and then swept under the rug. Then a long period of stagnation takes place before we look under the rug. Politics in Washington I suppose.

Dolly3275, Ron Paul is more of state's rights kinda guy. Yes, I know some may find this as an alien ideal, but, just thought I would throw that out there.

GO RON PAUL!

Quote Originally Posted by Dolly3275
    Quote Originally Posted by Dianne
    Just yesterday a truck driver came in my store. He and I had discussions in the past and he was going Huckabee.

He said "Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh with these three goons running for President now, I would give anything if Ron Paul were still in the race".

I told him this will shock you as the news media does not want you to know this, But Ron Paul is still in the race.

If McCain were to choke on one of his abundant lies, Paul would be our nominee.
    No, if McCain would choke---the RNC would look for a real strong candidate again---someone like Romney.
    Perhaps the RNC leadership will let the Republicans that comprise the bulk of the party chose for themselves this time.

Dolly3275, Ron Paul is more of state's rights kinda guy. Yes, I know some may find this as an alien ideal, but, just thought I would throw that out there.

GO RON PAUL!
    It is the basic fundamental of the Founding Fathers to have to have strong States and a loose Federal Government to create a strong nation . The Federal government over stepping its constitutional rights has made us a group of weak States and a weak nation.

Sure we can physically bully third world countries around but we no longer lead by example in a positive way.

I've heard it described as water tight compartments on a ship. The Federal Government overstepping its constitutional rights has broken down our compartments and our seaworthiness.

Well stated StokeyBob, Will people ever tire of bailing water from those compartments?

Does optomism blur into wishful thinking? Or does fear reinforce wishful thinking?

How does one climb out of the rabbit hole?

I don't think I have ever had a more clearer choice for President.

Quote Originally Posted by StokeyBob
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolly3275
    Quote Originally Posted by Dianne
    Just yesterday a truck driver came in my store. He and I had discussions in the past and he was going Huckabee.

He said "Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh with these three goons running for President now, I would give anything if Ron Paul were still in the race".

I told him this will shock you as the news media does not want you to know this, But Ron Paul is still in the race.

If McCain were to choke on one of his abundant lies, Paul would be our nominee.
    No, if McCain would choke---the RNC would look for a real strong candidate again---someone like Romney.
    Perhaps the RNC leadership will let the Republicans that comprise the bulk of the party chose for themselves this time.
    The bulk of the party and/or voters did not/do not support Ron Paul. Therefore, no matter what---it would not be him.

Well Dolly3275, it surely would not be Romney.

Romney was merely a contestant on "The Price is Right." Psychological fodder.

Well Dolly3275, it surely would not be Romney.

Romney was merely a contestant on "The Price is Right." Psychological fodder.
    You may not like Romney, but there is definitely a chance that it would be him. He had more support than any other candidate, and he would have easily won if Huckabee would not have been in the race.

The RNC is trying to talk him into running as McCain's VP. They are also trying to talk him into running in 2012.

Romney definitely supported the fence/border enforcement. He supported going after employers who are hiring illegals----the biggest magnet enticing them into our country.

Ron Paul's supporters only made up 3-6% of the entire population.

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast