Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

You're twisting the issue, Bren, and insulting people while you're at it. We aren't talking about a grocery store on a religious compound. I'm talking about a food chain store open to the public. I'm out of this conversation right now.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by butterbean
    WHAT A BUNCH OF CRAP!
    Exactly.

Crap is exactly what Mike Moody is filled with in great abundance.

Moody is a John Kerry supporter. Why would anyone listen to anything that a supporter of the pro-amnesty liberal from Massachusetts has to say?

Quote Originally Posted by tinybobidaho
    You're twisting the issue, Bren, and insulting people while you're at it. We aren't talking about a grocery store on a religious compound. I'm talking about a food chain store open to the public. I'm out of this conversation right now.
    No, you are insulting!! You are insulting to Mormons and the Mormon religion!!
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

tinybobidaho,

Yes Mormons go to the grocery store, but typically those that are on church welfare do not.

Now as for this magic card, I know nothing about it. It might be something that INDIVIDUALS decided to do, BUT I strongly doubt that it is in any way sanctioned or promoted by the local church leaders.

You are kind of implying that it is connected to the church, vs individuals within the church. That is my problem with what you posted. I simply do not believe that they have a Church sponsored, Mormon ID card that get's them discounts.

Again I ask, what part of Idaho are you located in? What is the name of the grocery store? Certainly something this widespread would be able to be authenticated. Please provide the name of the store for us. I am sure someone in SLC would be glad to call & check into this.

That said, I don't doubt that individuals could organize a CO-OP of which that store owner might belong. Nothing wrong with that. I simply don't believe there is a church sponsored, church provided ID card, certainly not one for the well to do.

The book is garbage just like Moody

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotDreams
    Why would anyone post such blatent lies about another person?

The conversion of everyone to Mormonism is just more bigotted press from the evangelical extremists. Many substantive Evangelical leaders SUPPORT Romney over Huckabee, what should that tell you?

This book is just another in a line of BS written to try to make a buck off smearing another.

Like it or Not, Romney may be our last hope. I like Hunter, but I do not see him surviving ST.
    I agree.

This book is garbage just like its lying author.

Mike Huckabee preached in a church in New Hampshire yesterday that did not allow any cameras into the meeting.

When has Mitt Romney made his religion a part of his presidential campaign?

Mitt Romney did the right thing for Americans that are Mormons and Americans that are members of every other religious group when as governor of Massachusetts he vetoed in-state tuition for illegal aliens, supported English immersion and opposed driver licenses for illegal aliens.

Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by Bren4824
    Also, there was NEVER anything negative said about Romney/Mormonism when he was governor of Massachusetts-----and he was pretty much winning New Hampshire until the media decided to shove McCain down our throats!!!

And, there is NEVER anything negative said about Harry Reid/Mormonism---and his position in Congress.
    The media is trying to shove the pro-amnesty John McCain down our throats.

The media likes the pro-amnesty McCain.

I wasn't insulting the Mormon church and I never said this was a nationwide thing. I stated some facts and all you people want to do is argue. I'm not going to get baited into this crap. It's happening far too often on these threads. As far as where I live in Idaho, that's priveleged. I don't have to post that.

And Bren, I don't appreciate being called a racist and a bigot.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thanks for posting this information

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotDreams
    There is no Mormon discount card.

It may simply be that he is helping out families in distress. There is no Mormon Retail discount program. Retailers are legally allowed to discount to anyone they wish.

Yes Mormon's take care of their own, BUT they don't need a retail store to do so. The Mormon Church has huge facilities to help Members that are in financial crisis, they are called the bishop's storehouse. They are like a supermarket, but you do have to be qualified as in need by a local bishop.

There, a member dealing with financial struggles can get food for FREE. Yes they do have to also go there & donate time giving service to the welfare system to "earn" the benefits, but it isn't a dollar amount corrolation.

They get what they need for their family, & work to give service back. Then when they are on their feet, they will probably donate money back to the church welfare program to repay what was provided to them to help others. No bill is ever sent, it is simply let your conscience be your guide. this allows them to employ people that due to disabilities might be unemployable, & to buy goods that are needed for their programs.

The Mormon church as a welfare system that the US govt should study.

There is no Mormon Discount Card.

Where do you live idaho?
    Your post was very enlightening. I enjoyed reading it.

Mitt Romney proved as governor that he was willing to take on a fight with pro-illegal alien groups when he vetoed in-state tutition for illegal aliens, supported English immersion and opposed driver licenses for illegal aliens.

First of all I am not a Mormon, I am a Catholic. I think this kind of stuff is nuts. Mr. Romney has run businesses, he has been a governor, his father was a governor and I truly don't think he has any intention of turning America into a Mormon country. Orrin Hatch is Mormon, Harry Reid is Mormon etc. This kind of stuff hurts any reasonable cause that we may have. This "conspiracy" mentality will end up electing a Democrat who will be worse than a Republican.

Tinybob,

Nobody wants to argue with you, however, you present a set of facts that the mormon church in your town has set up a secret Mormon ID card, that get's any mormon huge discounts over the average joe.

Those are your statements. aren't they? You made statements directing that the Mormon church had a church sponsored, church produced Mormon ID discount card.

So don't be surprised when people ask the town you live in or the name of this prominent store. I would like to see that verified by someone else here, anyone else here.

I don't want your address, I don't even want your real id, I think asking what town you live in & the name of the store is not really asking too much given the assertions that you have made.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast