Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I agree Paige

Quote Originally Posted by Paige
    tinybobidaho

The Mormons have there own welfare system. They have there own warehouses. This is where people go if they need food. They do no go to the grocery store. If someone is going in there and getting a discount it is because the Mormons have prepaid for that food. Maybe in rural areas this could be happening.
    In Salt Lake it does not happen and one member of the family has to go one day and week and work on a farm or cannery to earn that food.
    This is all hogwash.
    I wish that if someone was going to print something about someone that at least they would try to get some of if right.
    Romney is a stand up man. He is smart, he is articulate, he is good business man and yes (oh my gosh) he has a religion. If anyone is going to start tearing down relgions they need to start with there own.
    Every church house regardless of the denomination is gods house. Mitt Romney is a god fearing man.
    I agree with everything you said Page.

Mitt Romney is a good American. He has been married since 1969 to the same woman. He has five outstanding sons. He has been a successful business man and a successful governor. As governor, he had the courage to veto in-state tutition for illegal aliens and oppose driver licenses for illegal aliens.

Quote Originally Posted by tinybobidaho
    I have heard that the Mormons take care of their own first. I say this because we have a local grocery chain in our area owned by a Mormon, and when Mormans go into the store, they produce a card that gives them huge discounts. I don't if that is part of the Mormon religion or is this particular Mormon's charitable gesture. All I know is, I've seen it happen over and over, and I don't feel it's right when the average Joe gets charged the original price.
    I would say that through this post----you are insulting Mormons and the Mormon religion. You are making it sound like there is some type of conspiracy against non-Mormans.
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

Depending upon where Tinybobidaho lives, I am wondering if this is some local LDS church way to handle church welfare if there is no Bishop's Storehouse nearby - giving them prepaid grocery cards instead? Is that a posibility? I know how the Bishop's storehouse works, but not everywhere is built up with good facilities, since the LDS church has expanded so much.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Patriot Dreams, you show me where I said this was a secret Mormon card. I never said that and I'm really tired of some of you taking what I say out of context. You are making more out of what I said, than was there.

And Bren, I was not insulting the Morman religion. I have never insulted anyone's religion. You, too, are taking everything out of context because you just like to argue with people.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    LDS is doing things the way they should be done and the way they use to be done

Back before there was a welfare state and people would depend on the govt for welfare , The churches took care of their own

Thats how it use to work in America

Whats wrong with it?

Poor folks can also be LDS , at least the church is helping them
    stay off the govt dole

This conversation has gotten way out of hand.

I live in Coeur d'Alene Idaho and so does Tinybob, Tiny never said anything about a "secret card" we have a chain store here in Idaho owned by a mormon.

Mormons can go in this store and get a discount, they are probably needy people and probably the discounts are paid for by the mormon church, not all mormons get this discount.

The mormons who my father was one of are very well known for taking care of their own.

Period that is all their is to it, comments such as in "bigots" or "Racists"
    is uncalled for and this thread has gotten so out of hand it is time to let it go and chill out !
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    "I have heard that the Mormons take care of their own first. I say this because we have a local grocery chain in our area owned by a Mormon, and when Mormans go into the store, they produce a card that gives them huge discounts. I don't if that is part of the Mormon religion or is this particular Mormon's charitable gesture. All I know is, I've seen it happen over and over, and I don't feel it's right when the average Joe gets charged the original price."

When I produce my union discount card at bestbuy or my Albertsons card and get a discount is that wrong also ?

I would want a discount card if I could get one but I am not Mormon. I will ask one of my neighbors if they have discount cards because they are Mormon. I will see what I can find out on this issue.
    <div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>

They are saying it could be a tax exempt card because they are a church.
    Churches don't have to pay sales tax.
    <div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>

does it matter!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast