Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

RuPaul can divide by zero

Quote Originally Posted by 1_paint
    cigar
    Let's talk policy of my mailman..That is just as relevant.. They both will not be President..........

Better yet lets talk about splitting the Vote... What is your policy on splittling the vote??
    I don't want to vote for Rudi....
    The Tinfoil Hat Brigade is going to force me and millions of other Americans to do that ....
    I would rather see Pres. Rudi than Hillary........
    Your mailman, presumably American, has a right to his opinion on policy. His relevance is dependent on getting a candidate to hear and for that his chances equal anyone elses.

Buying into the "splitting the vote" election after election may keep you out of the Tinfoil Hat Brigade. But, can you be sure it doesn't put you in the Dunce Hat Brigade? No one is forcing you to vote for anyone. You will vote for whoever you choose as is your right. If you don't want to vote for Rudi let the party leaders know you will refuse to vote him in and they will back another horse.

What you don't get to do is blame those of us sick of business as usual for the corruption in the two-party system. I'll do a write-in for your mailman before Rudi.

So Hillary or Obamma wins??? Please, can't you see that ???

Good Night.....

There have been bills put forward to get "none of the above" on the ballot. I've not seen anthing about what happens when "none off the above" gets the majority vote, but it's very clear the candidates don't want to find out.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 1_paint
    There have been bills put forward to get "none of the above" on the ballot. I've not seen anthing about what happens when "none off the above" gets the majority vote, but it's very clear the candidates don't want to find out.
    I think the right men are there
    It is a mater of holding them to the issues and policy they are speaking of and have promised today...

Banned
    [quote="GREGAGREATAMERICAN"]If any one wants to save Pauls campaign, they need to get over their egotistical attachment to the idea that Paul's unimpeachable principles and honesty trump all other considerations, and face up to the fact that to win a party nomination they have to make some effort to play the game the way the party leaders–from the lowliest precinct workers to the national leadership–expect it to be played.

In party politics it doesn't matter how right you are, it only matters how many people are convinced that you have a winning strategy. Paul's supporters don't understand this or don't want to understand it. They're thinking in terms of running an outsider, grassroots campaign. But Paul deliberately didn't run as an independent. He showed the good sense to run as a Republican, knowing all of the advantages of access and opportunity he would have in the primaries and the base of support he'd be able to count on in the general election if he won the nomination.

Paul's supporters don't seem to respect his decision to run as a Republican, and in this area he had the right idea and they are dead wrong. Regardless of the fact that he's drawn supporters from every quarter of the lunatic fringe and even from the far left, he's not going to make it to the election if he doesn't win the Republican primary, and he's not going to win the primary if his followers alienate too many people within the GOP. Even if his followers don't like it, Paul is running as a Republican and he has to play the party game.

lets look at a few Facts here

Paul has stated clearly that he will not run in another party or as an independent even if he loses the nomination.

• That being the case, to make it to the final election he has to win the Republican party nomination.

• Crossover votes are not enough to win the nomination. He needs support from mainstream Republicans, not just their votes but also their help in getting fairly represented in caucuses and straw polls down to the precinct level, an area where no amount of outside support will help him.

• Lots of mainstream Republicans have basically libertarian values and will support a libertarian-leaning candidate, but they won't support someone they perceive as hostile to the Republican party and its interests.

• Without winning over the party base Paul will not win the nomination. Without the nomination he will not win the presidency.

If you care about Ron Paul and the ideas which he stands for, then you ought to be as concerned as I am that the behavior of his Flowers and the extremist beliefs they are spewing all over the internet, are going to comit him to failure.

The support which Paul is getting not just from leftists, but scary extremists is unquestionably alienating the GOP base. These fringe supporters would be a great asset in a general election, but they are a deadly liability in a primary run by conservative political hacks, where candidates are expected to play ball to a certain extent, and where supporters are expected to follow certain rules and protocols. Paul's followers don't have respect for the party or its traditions, and that's going to alienate a lot of people they really need to have on their side...

It's great to welcome everyone into the Ron Paul “big tentâ€

[quote="PinestrawGuys"][quote="GREGAGREATAMERICAN"]If any one wants to save Pauls campaign, they need to get over their egotistical attachment to the idea that Paul's unimpeachable principles and honesty trump all other considerations, and face up to the fact that to win a party nomination they have to make some effort to play the game the way the party leaders–from the lowliest precinct workers to the national leadership–expect it to be played.

In party politics it doesn't matter how right you are, it only matters how many people are convinced that you have a winning strategy. Paul's supporters don't understand this or don't want to understand it. They're thinking in terms of running an outsider, grassroots campaign. But Paul deliberately didn't run as an independent. He showed the good sense to run as a Republican, knowing all of the advantages of access and opportunity he would have in the primaries and the base of support he'd be able to count on in the general election if he won the nomination.

Paul's supporters don't seem to respect his decision to run as a Republican, and in this area he had the right idea and they are dead wrong. Regardless of the fact that he's drawn supporters from every quarter of the lunatic fringe and even from the far left, he's not going to make it to the election if he doesn't win the Republican primary, and he's not going to win the primary if his followers alienate too many people within the GOP. Even if his followers don't like it, Paul is running as a Republican and he has to play the party game.

lets look at a few Facts here

Paul has stated clearly that he will not run in another party or as an independent even if he loses the nomination.

• That being the case, to make it to the final election he has to win the Republican party nomination.

• Crossover votes are not enough to win the nomination. He needs support from mainstream Republicans, not just their votes but also their help in getting fairly represented in caucuses and straw polls down to the precinct level, an area where no amount of outside support will help him.

• Lots of mainstream Republicans have basically libertarian values and will support a libertarian-leaning candidate, but they won't support someone they perceive as hostile to the Republican party and its interests.

• Without winning over the party base Paul will not win the nomination. Without the nomination he will not win the presidency.

If you care about Ron Paul and the ideas which he stands for, then you ought to be as concerned as I am that the behavior of his Flowers and the extremist beliefs they are spewing all over the internet, are going to comit him to failure.

The support which Paul is getting not just from leftists, but scary extremists is unquestionably alienating the GOP base. These fringe supporters would be a great asset in a general election, but they are a deadly liability in a primary run by conservative political hacks, where candidates are expected to play ball to a certain extent, and where supporters are expected to follow certain rules and protocols. Paul's followers don't have respect for the party or its traditions, and that's going to alienate a lot of people they really need to have on their side...

It's great to welcome everyone into the Ron Paul “big tentâ€
    Immigration reform should reflect a commitment to enforcement, not reward those who blatantly break the rules. - Rep Dan Boren D-Ok

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kniggit

Two very good posts that were well thought out.

Terrorists come to the U.S. illegally. Hardened criminals come to the U.S. illegally. Drunk drivers come to the U.S. illegally. Drug dealing child molesters come to our country illegally Millions and millions of low-skilled workers come to the U.S. illegally and try to transform our culture. I would love to dismantle the welfare state, too. But it would still be no substitute for securing our borders and enforcing our immigration laws.
    Paul In the debate some time back in the summer ,implied amnesty wouldn't be such a bad idea if we could stop attracting illegal aliens with welfare-state programs. The defense of the country is a issue in a presidential election. It is the most important responsibility of the executive branch of government. Yet, Paul's positions on the key defense and security issues of the day are closer to those of John Kerry than Ronald Reagan.
    He makes his false point by blaming the 1979 Iranian Ayatollah Khomeini revolution on CIA involvement in installing the shah 26 years earlier, not on U.S. undermining of the shah in his last days in power. Paul actually blames American interventionism in the Middle East for our problems with Islamo-fascism and the attacks of Sept. 11.

He also flirts with many of those who believe 9-11 wasn't really an attack by Islamo-fascists at all but an inside job by the U.S. government. While I take a backseat to no one in my distrust of government, these conspiracy theorists Paul courts are, quite simply, doing the propaganda work of America's fiercest enemies. , America is under siege from Islamo-fascist enemies. We've been attacked – the worst ever in our history. This is no time to back down or even to appear to be weak.

Banned
    Paul In the debate some time back in the summer ,implied amnesty wouldn't be such a bad idea if we could stop attracting illegal aliens with welfare-state programs.
    I posted the reply I got from RonPaul2008 regarding illegal immigration yesterday. There is NOWHERE that states or even implies that Ron Paul supports amnesty or anything other than vigorous enforcement of our current immigration and visa laws. In a nutshell he believes in attrition through enforcement, deporting ALL those we catch, rescinding 'birthright citizenship' and eliminating all entitlements.
    He makes his false point by blaming the 1979 Iranian Ayatollah Khomeini revolution on CIA involvement in installing the shah 26 years earlier, not on U.S. undermining of the shah in his last days in power. Paul actually blames American interventionism in the Middle East for our problems with Islamo-fascism and the attacks of Sept. 11.
    Had the US never intervened in the affairs of a sovereign nation the Shah wouldn't have been there in the first place. Your statement seems to say that it was OK to depose a democratically elected leader so long as we didn't undermine our puppet later. As for the attack of 9/11, none other than Paul Wolfowitz and the 9/11 Commission have come to the same conclusion.
    He also flirts with many of those who believe 9-11 wasn't really an attack by Islamo-fascists at all but an inside job by the U.S. government.
    I don't understand what you mean by 'flirts with'. Paul has NEVER said that the US government was involved in that attack. Many of his supporters do believe that the attack was ALLOWED to occur, after all there are very few people who can force NORAD to stand down while hijacked airplanes are flown into buildings not 10 minutes time from the fighter jets that are ordered to protect them. And as I said before, Paul doesn't 'court' these people. I'd like to see ANYTHING that he's said or written that leads you to believe that he does.

Why do the people in the ME hate us?

Remember the same people that are giving us this illegal invasion and the destructive trade deals, NAFTA, CAFTA, NAU, superhighway, etc., etc,

Are the same ones that are carrying out our foreign policy.

They simply cannot be so wrong - so wrong - on everything else - but right on foreign policy.

You can't do so many destructive things to bring this nation to its knees - then fight a war on the other side of the world - and pretend you are protecting America.

It just doesn't wash.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast