Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Roseanne says she 'begged' ABC, 'like 40 motherf-----s,' to let her 'make amends' bef

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Boomslang View Post
    I understand their are many insults in human languages.
    So, just like that, you can't even bring yourself to the reality, that's clearer than fish piss, that , historically black Americans were called monkey/apes.

We can have a long discussion about sexism, ableism, privilege, elitism, etc., a little later.

I'm asking about your ability to understand what Roseanne said and the impetus behind her words as they are framed historically in this country.
    I'm sorry Boomslang, but on this I do not understand the historical reference. I grew up in an all white small rural community, where we did not have black people at all. And to my knowledge there was only 1 racist person in our whole town, she was from California and refused to serve a black man who was traveling through town and was standing in front of me in the grocery store line when I was 7. She made me come around in front of him, and I protested and made a big enough stink about it that the owner came over, relieved her of her duties, quickly rang up my stuff while I'm saying "but this man was ahead of me" and the store owner said "don't worry, Judy, I will take care of him" and she did, I apologized to the man and waited around to make sure he got served. When I apologized to him, he looked down at me and said "don't worry, little girl, it will be alright." I told my Dad who was waiting in the car while I ran into the store (people used to double-park in those days) and he looked so sad to hear that, and we drove home and told Mom, and I asked "why would Fern do such a rude thing" and they both looked at each other and said almost in unison "she's from California".

So, no I have no ability to understand that reference. Never heard it with regards to black people. I grew up in the midwest, I've lived in 3 other states, 1 in the south, I've worked business projects in 30 states, many of them lower midwest and south, and never heard it or saw it. The closest reference I have was a horrible cartoon I saw from a newspaper published sometime during the Civil War (our free press) in a text book in my African Studies class in college. It was a depiction of a slave published in a northern newspaper, I think one in Philadelphia, and it was a creature with horns, hoofs and a long tail, but had on short pants and a jacket and shirt, a beast in clothes is the closest term I can come up with for it. It was published to try to tell people who had never seen a slave that slaves were not human, didn't deserve rights and weren't worth fighting over let a lone dying over. It didn't work then and it doesn't work now. Americans rejected that long, long ago.

As to monkeys and apes, my parents called my sister and I monkeys all the time when we were acting out. My Dad who was in a union called drunk union goons at union meetings a bunch of dumb apes when they voted differently than he did on union issues, and they were all white. So I'm sorry, but I do not associate those words in any way shape or form with black people.

So, do you want me to start associating those words with black people? Do you want to try to educate me on the "reality" of this alleged "association"? That's what ABC is doing, you know, re-planting seeds of historical nuance through a huge publicity event to make sure current generations can be shown this depiction, this connection, this "reality", this "association". So, tread carefully, my friend, things are rarely as they seem in race-based politics. DemoQuacks are at the helm of this "ape = black" boat world-wide publicity tour, not Roseanne.

DemoQuacks have exploited black Americans for centuries, and they aren't stopping now. It's the only card they've got in 2018 and 2020. They just changed the way they do it. Much more clever now, sneaky. We're in our Period of Ironies and Opposites, so it's a good thing to remember that at all times. Just ask yourself, why would ABC do such a drastic unheard of thing as canceling an entire show over a personal tweet on twitter about Roseanne calling a white woman for all visible purposes a cross between the Muslim Brotherhood and Planet of the Apes? So everyone in the world would read the tweet and think about what the tweet said.

Tell me, how is that helpful to black people? It isn't. It wasn't intended to be. It was intended to tell the whole world "ape = black" so people all around the world who didn't know that, who didn't think that, do now.
    Last edited by Judy; 06-02-2018 at 04:09 PM.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    To me, the "N" word isn't a political insult, it's a racial slur. The "N" word is to black people, what the "Gook" word is to Koreans. Neither one are political insults of politicians and political power-brokers. Both the "N" word and the "Gook" word are slurs of ordinary people based on their race, just like the "C" word is a sexist slur against women.
    The racism is when you can use such words, but anyone else using that same word is considered racist or vulgar.

Quote Originally Posted by Judy
    Until you've been called a "C", it would probably be hard for someone to understand that special "sting", too. To me the "C" word is the nastiest ugliest word in our language.
    Although you may be sensitive to that word, men have long been called pejoratives of their genitalia. The use of the "C" word, at least publicly, is relatively new.

Quote Originally Posted by Judy
    I currently live in a city that is 50% black. I've not seen, met or known 1 black person that in any way reminded me of an ape. On the other hand, I've met, seen and known quite a few thick squat no-neck overly muscular dumb-acting whites who did.
    A Black guy who was doing work for me, said the "N" word was for action. He interchange "white-N-word" and "Black-N-word" the same.

Oh! You mean like if I called you a prick, a dickhead or an asshole?! Yeah, I can see that would hurt a sensitive man.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I'm asking about your ability to understand what Roseanne said and the impetus behind her words as they are framed historically in this country.
    I think you are trying to fan the flames of racism, like Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton do.

I don't think Roseanne connived to form words to trash an entire race. She carelessly tried to put down a person who she disagreed with politically.

Samanth Bee, worked with her writers to craft a deliberately offensive script, which the show's producer allowed to be broadcast unedited. Yet TBS in no way punished her or her production company for that deliberate act.

You are pretending to be a Black person demanding that white person justify her understanding of a word used by someone else. Let's hear you justify the hateful words of Black Lives Matter chanting "pigs in a blanket, fry 'em like bacon," or other provocative racist comments by Blacks.

Oh! You mean like if I called you a prick, a dickhead or an asshole?! Yeah, I can see that would hurt a sensitive man.
    I demand an apology, and reparations for all the years men have had to endure that despicable word!

ABC deliberately decided to fan the flames of "ape = black", knowing full well that some black Americans would jump on the boat and fan it into a world-wide prairie fire. They put blacks in the absurd position of attacking Roseanne for attacking a white person of mixed race with an ape reference that they have to explain. People say "I don't get the ape word as racist" and black DemoQuacks have to explain "oh yeah, she's calling her an ape because she's black, because I look like an ape." "But, but, but you don't look like an ape!!" "OH YES I DO, ROSEANNE IS A RACIST THEREFORE!"

It's racist insanity, a scenario purposely created by ABC to demean black Americans by getting black Americans to demean themselves.

Tragic. Inexcusable. Unforgivable.

FIGHT BACK ROSEANNE!!

Quote Originally Posted by jtdc View Post
    I demand an apology, and reparations for all the years men have had to endure that despicable word!
    Which one?

Which one?
    I'm greedy! I'll take any and all contributions!

I'm sorry Boomslang, but on this I do not understand the historical reference. I grew up in an all white small rural community, where we did not have black people at all. And to my knowledge there was only 1 racist person in our whole town, she was from California and refused to serve a black man who was traveling through town and was standing in front of me in the grocery store line when I was 7. She made me come around in front of him, and I protested and made a big enough stink about it that the owner came over, relieved her of her duties, quickly rang up my stuff while I'm saying "but this man was ahead of me" and the store owner said "don't worry, Judy, I will take care of him" and she did, I apologized to the man and waited around to make sure he got served. When I apologized to him, he looked down at me and said "don't worry, little girl, it will be alright." I told my Dad who was waiting in the car while I ran into the store (people used to double-park in those days) and he looked so sad to hear that, and we drove home and told Mom, and I asked "why would Fern do such a rude thing" and they both looked at each other and said almost in unison "she's from California".

So, no I have no ability to understand that reference. Never heard it with regards to black people. I grew up in the midwest, I've lived in 3 other states, 1 in the south, I've worked business projects in 30 states, many of them lower midwest and south, and never heard it or saw it. The closest reference I have was a horrible cartoon I saw from a newspaper published sometime during the Civil War (our free press) in a text book in my African Studies class in college. It was a depiction of a slave published in a northern newspaper, I think one in Philadelphia, and it was a creature with horns, hoofs and a long tail, but had on short pants and a jacket and shirt, a beast in clothes is the closest term I can come up with for it. It was published to try to tell people who had never seen a slave that slaves were not human, didn't deserve rights and weren't worth fighting over let a lone dying over. It didn't work then and it doesn't work now. Americans rejected that long, long ago.

As to monkeys and apes, my parents called my sister and I monkeys all the time when we were acting out. My Dad who was in a union called drunk union goons at union meetings a bunch of dumb apes when they voted differently than he did on union issues, and they were all white. So I'm sorry, but I do not associate those words in any way shape or form with black people.

So, do you want me to start associating those words with black people? Do you want to try to educate me on the "reality" of this alleged "association"? That's what ABC is doing, you know, re-planting seeds of historical nuance through a huge publicity event to make sure current generations can be shown this depiction, this connection, this "reality", this "association". So, tread carefully, my friend, things are rarely as they seem in race-based politics. DemoQuacks are at the helm of this "ape = black" boat world-wide publicity tour, not Roseanne.

DemoQuacks have exploited black Americans for centuries, and they aren't stopping now. It's the only card they've got in 2018 and 2020. They just changed the way they do it. Much more clever now, sneaky. We're in our Period of Ironies and Opposites, so it's a good thing to remember that at all times. Just ask yourself, why would ABC do such a drastic unheard of thing as canceling an entire show over a personal tweet on twitter about Roseanne calling a white woman for all visible purposes a cross between the Muslim Brotherhood and Planet of the Apes? So everyone in the world would read the tweet and think about what the tweet said.

Tell me, how is that helpful to black people? It isn't. It wasn't intended to be. It was intended to tell the whole world "ape = black" so people all around the world who didn't know that, who didn't think that, do now.
    My post was looking to understand your thinking. I'm not trying to condemn you, I really wanted to understand how you didn't know.

You and I both watched cartoons like the ones below. How could you not see what was subliminal?

You and I both watched cartoons like the ones below. How could you not see what was subliminal?
    I've never seen that. You are immersed in Black culture so that seems to be what you are in the habit of watching. You probably have BET as your main entertainment. I don't! And I don't know, or presume what Judy has grown up on.

You are a fan of Spike Lee. I am not. So I am not as likely to have watched these shows as are you.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast