Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Roseanne says she 'begged' ABC, 'like 40 motherf-----s,' to let her 'make amends' bef

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

No Boomslang, we didn't watch anything like that!! I don't think anything like that was on our television stations, if they were our parents made sure we never saw it. We wouldn't have liked it anyway. There is nothing funny, interesting or appropriate about any of those.

Is that where the idea about black people being like monkeys or apes came from? Television networks??!!!!

Well, how damn ironic is that?!!
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    No Boomslang, we didn't watch anything like that!! I don't think anything like that was on our television stations, if they were our parents made sure we never saw it. We wouldn't have liked it anyway. There is nothing funny, interesting or appropriate about any of those.

Is that where the idea about black people being like monkeys or apes came from? Television networks??!!!!

Well, how damn ironic is that?!!
    I don't know the origin but it's very prevalent.

Just think if someone watched those racist shows and took a dose of Ambien at the same time!

Yes, those shows are simply ... horrific. The cartoons disgusting, to show those to children about other children. Well, that's Hollywood and the "free press" networks for you. I guess ABC wants to make sure no one who did see them ever forgets and those who didn't get educated about the "association" learn it.

I just don't understand the type of sick people who could write scripts for those, put make up on people to make them look like that, or draw such horrible cartoons to send the types of messages that are in those disgusting works of "art", let alone ask black actors to play the parts.

But let me say this, that is a very very small part of the US population behind that stuff even years ago. Without the media and Hollywood doing their selling for them, those degenerate ideas would have died on the vine because they are fake, they are false, they are absurdly untrue. There is nothing about black people that even remotely resembles monkeys or apes in their physical appearance and there are far more white people who fit the behavior definition than blacks. To produce shows and cartoons like that about black people, it's just despicable.

I understand now why you didn't understand why I didn't know about the "association", anyone who saw those and watched them growing up would know instantly, but I didn't and I honestly don't know anyone who I grew up with who did or they would have talked about it and I've never heard of this. I'm from the midwest. Maybe in California and in the south they could sell this to the stations but not where I was in the midwest, in a 99% Republican Congressional District where everyone's grandpa fought for the Union as a volunteer to free the slaves and end slavery in the United States. Nope, that would have not flown there. Parents would have been marching down to someone's offices making sure they were taken off the air.
    Last edited by Judy; 06-02-2018 at 09:05 PM.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Boomslang View Post
    I don't know the origin but it's very prevalent.
    Where?

Quote Originally Posted by Boomslang
    Just think if someone watched those racist shows and took a dose of Ambien at the same time!
    Is that your own experience?

I'm from the midwest. Maybe in California and in the south they could sell this to the stations but not where I was in the midwest, in a 99% Republican Congressional District where everyone's grandpa fought for the Union as a volunteer to free the slaves and end slavery in the United States. Nope, that would have not flown there. Parents would have been marching down to someone's offices making sure they were taken off the air.
    I grew up in Los Angeles. We had Amos and Andy. Real racist. Of course there were the Rascals. Jack Benny had Rochester! And some other shows had Black Butlers and house help. But I don't recall any of that stuff Spike Lee is using.

I know from my deliveries to Hollywood studios, that they had internal stuff that wasn't released to TV (not fit) nor even in movie theaters. They had full nudity long before theatrical releases. So it is quite possible that they created such stuff, primarily for their own private use.

In the movie "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?", which even as it survives, is raunchy, in the scene where Jessica Rabbit is thrown from the car in a wreck, her dress flies up revealing she is commando. The cartoonists like to get away with what they can. Viewers noted that as soon as the original DVD came out, and that was quickly reedited.

So what Spike Lee has had access to isn't what was likely actually released.

I've heard of Amos and Andy and the Rascals, but we didn't watch them. We watched shows like I Love Lucy, Rin-Tin-Tin, Fury, Flicka, Lone Ranger, Lassie, Flipper, Queen for a Day, the Three Stooges, The Millionaire and the Disney cartoons. You had to have a special antennae to get ABC, some UHF setting so we didn't bother, and I think mainly watched CBS, maybe NBC sometimes. We were never allowed to turn the TV on or change the channel, they were afraid we'd break the knobs or at least that's what we were told.

I've heard of Amos and Andy and the Rascals, but we didn't watch them. We watched shows like I Love Lucy, Rin-Tin-Tin, Fury, Flicka, Lone Ranger, Lassie, Flipper, Queen for a Day, the Three Stooges, The Millionaire and the Disney cartoons. You had to have a special antennae to get ABC, some UHF setting so we didn't bother, and I think mainly watched CBS, maybe NBC sometimes. We were never allowed to turn the TV on or change the channel, they were afraid we'd break the knobs or at least that's what we were told.

In LA, we had all three networks, PBS and four independent stations, all of which still exist. Then came UHF and even more stations. Then ultimately came cable, and many more from across the country as well as community channels. And I never saw the stuff Boomslang is pushing.

Yes, those shows are simply ... horrific. The cartoons disgusting, to show those to children about other children. Well, that's Hollywood and the "free press" networks for you. I guess ABC wants to make sure no one who did see them ever forgets and those who didn't get educated about the "association" learn it.

I just don't understand the type of sick people who could write scripts for those, put make up on people to make them look like that, or draw such horrible cartoons to send the types of messages that are in those disgusting works of "art", let alone ask black actors to play the parts.

But let me say this, that is a very very small part of the US population behind that stuff even years ago. Without the media and Hollywood doing their selling for them, those degenerate ideas would have died on the vine because they are fake, they are false, they are absurdly untrue. There is nothing about black people that even remotely resembles monkeys or apes in their physical appearance and there are far more white people who fit the behavior definition than blacks. To produce shows and cartoons like that about black people, it's just despicable.

I understand now why you didn't understand why I didn't know about the "association", anyone who saw those and watched them growing up would know instantly, but I didn't and I honestly don't know anyone who I grew up with who did or they would have talked about it and I've never heard of this. I'm from the midwest. Maybe in California and in the south they could sell this to the stations but not where I was in the midwest, in a 99% Republican Congressional District where everyone's grandpa fought for the Union as a volunteer to free the slaves and end slavery in the United States. Nope, that would have not flown there. Parents would have been marching down to someone's offices making sure they were taken off the air.
    How big was Dr. Seuss?

Oh this stuff has to be old, old, back before the civil rights movement. And maybe it was on some channels back in the day, or played at some movie houses or theaters of some type, but it wasn't on our 2 channels we had in our rural community in the Midwest and no theater operator in our town or the nearest big city would have ever gotten away with playing stuff like that. Horrible. You know those black actors are so talented, it's just terrible to have asked them to play such parts in that horrible make up. Very cruel and demeaning.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomslang View Post
    How big was Dr. Seuss?

Never watched or read Dr. Seuss. Is that from Dr. Seuss? Disgusting!! The Democrats never got over losing the war or losing their slaves. Not to this day. That's why ABC is trying to resurrect all this crap with this big "ape = black" worldwide publicity tour. My life would have been better to have never seen this stuff, dear Boomslang. It just shows a terrible side of some humans, mostly in the Hollywood and Arts and Entertainment Bidness, seems to me. Ordinary people of this country do not spend their time on such hideous dehumanization, although some can be drawn in by the work product of our Cultured Artists Class when the networks and media sell it out over the cable to the world.

SHAME ON ABC. See if ABC had wanted to do the right thing, as soon as they found out about the tweet, they could have asked Roseanne to remove it, explain her context and purpose of it, apologized for the implications it could have, and moved on. But OH NO, they had to make it BFD, "cancel her show", draw world wide attention to the tweet, replant the seeds and let the wind and cable carry the seeds far and wide so if anyone has forgotten, they'll remember, and for those who didn't know, will learn it.

DISGUSTING!

Fight Back Roseanne! FIGHT BACK!!!

See what ABC has done is like what some sleazeball would do if you were walking down a runaway unaware that your skirt was caught in your pantyhose taking pictures of you and your exposed butt and sending them out to every newspapers in the world, instead of running to your aid and pulling your skirt down over your butt for you.

ABC SUCKS!!!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast