Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Roseanne says she 'begged' ABC, 'like 40 motherf-----s,' to let her 'make amends' bef

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by jtdc View Post
    So he admits he is trying to brainwash you!
    Maybe, but I think he thinks that these images educate the uneducated on this subject of bad acts. And I did learn something from all of this, I never knew of this association, but I also have been on this earth long enough to know it's a fake, false, untrue association. My question was what do the people do who don't know that? How do they get out of believing a fake association? It's sort of like Fake News when you think about it but harder to get it out of your mind if it's been there since you were an innocent unknowing kid watching cartoons.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    Oh, I wasn't talking about me. I know the association is false, a ruse, a cruel sick game by dumb genetically defective racists, probably from too much in-breeding, of years gone by, probably all dead now.

I was wondering what the people do who grew up with this, who laughed at the cartoons as children and thought the shows they dressed up for and paid money to see were funny "entertainment"? How or when do they learn their childhood laughter was cruelty, and that as they grew up and dressed up for a night out on the town they were just silly brainwashed stooges of a sick evil that honestly the best I can tell, no one can explain or understand to this day due to the irrationality of it all?
    I think they moved on with the times. Judy Garland and Shirley Temple and many more just moved on.

What is Spike Lee trying to accomplish re-spreading it and re-selling it now?
    It was satirical film about the importance of black people to control their image.

Are you familiar with the Mexican cartoon character called Memin Pinguin?

I stumbled across the name maybe 12 years ago when it popped up during a google search on blacks in Mexico, which I was doing to find out why there are no blacks in Mexico when they had a slave trade as large as the US. Memin Pinguin is a little black boy who has all these adventures. So strange to have a black child as a "beloved" cartoon comic-book character in a country with no blacks that has no explanation for what happened to all the black slaves that were once there imported from Africa to work in the mines.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mem%C3%ADn_Pingu%C3%ADn
    Yes I'm very familiar with that abomination.

Professor Gates, the man arrested for being in a rich neighborhood, Obama had a beer garden meeting, made a episode about Mexico.

Maybe, but I think he thinks that these images educate the uneducated on this subject of bad acts.
    His presentation is more pushing of an agenda. He posted an image and said this was Dr. Seuss. Dr. Seuss was a collection of stories for children. But the author, Geisel, did other work not aimed at children. Boomslang's insinuation was that that image was from the children's books. Many authors have many sides. Steven Spielberg, for instance, wrote the uplifting "E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial" in 1982. In the same year her released "Poltergeist". In an interview he explain that "E.T." was a dream and "Poltergeist" was a nightmare. Two very opposite takes from the same author. One suitable for kids and one not.

Another example is the lovable Allen Funt who entertained America with Candid Camera. In 1970 he made the movie "What Do You Say To A Naked Lady", a different take on Candid Camera looking at people's reaction to naked people. After that he went on to make Playboy's Candid Camera dealing with lots of naked people. I guess he was just a dirty old man underneath.

Quote Originally Posted by Judy
    And I did learn something from all of this, I never knew of this association, but I also have been on this earth long enough to know it's a fake, false, untrue association.
    I guess the question is, does it make you a better person or make your life better? Or does it make you feel guilty about something you had nothing to do with, have no control over, and is something in the past?

My question was what do the people do who don't know that? How do they get out of believing a fake association? It's sort of like Fake News when you think about it but harder to get it out of your mind if it's been there since you were an innocent unknowing kid watching cartoons.
    That's the problem with any of this fake "news". People who don't know will now think Dr. Seuss books were a collection of racist cartoons. They were not! But people plant the idea, and it is like un-ringing a bell. It sticks.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomslang View Post
    I think they moved on with the times. Judy Garland and Shirley Temple and many more just moved on.
    Something Boomslang doesn't want to do and doesn't want others to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomslang
    Professor Gates, the man arrested for being in a rich neighborhood, Obama had a beer garden meeting, made a episode about Mexico.
    That's your biased take. He was arrested because he wouldn't cooperate with police trying to identify who he was. "Gates found the front door to his home jammed shut and, with the help of his driver, tried to force it open. A local witness reported their activity to the police as a potential burglary in progress." "[Officer] Crowley then asked Gates for a photo ID so as to verify he was the resident of the house; Gates initially refused".

MW
    Something Boomslang doesn't want to do and doesn't want others to do.

That's your biased take. He was arrested because he wouldn't cooperate with police trying to identify who he was. "Gates found the front door to his home jammed shut and, with the help of his driver, tried to force it open. A local witness reported their activity to the police as a potential burglary in progress." "[Officer] Crowley then asked Gates for a photo ID so as to verify he was the resident of the house; Gates initially refused".
    That's right, Gates was uncoorperative and belligerent when confronted by police. The police officer was just doing his job investigating a reported break-in when Gates started yelling at him and calling him a racist. Race had nothing to do with the situation. If I remember correctly, Gates wasn't even aware Gates was black until he arrived at the scene. Of course it was Obama's involvement that turned this whole thing into a racist sensation in the media.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    That's right, Gates was uncoorperative and belligerent when confronted by police. The police officer was just doing his job investigating a reported break-in when Gates started yelling at him and calling him a racist. Race had nothing to do with the situation. If I remember correctly, Gates wasn't even aware Gates was black until he arrived at the scene. Of course it was Obama's involvement that turned this whole thing into a racist sensation in the media.
    Dr. Gates wasn't an important point in my overall arguement. After all, "Mr. 57%" has some work to do in his own community.

I was actually toying with an idea much bigger than Dr. Gates' beer summit.

Unity.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomslang View Post
    Dr. Gates wasn't an important point in my overall arguement.
    Then why did you bring him up?

Then why did you bring him up?
    Boomslang brought him up because of his work in Mexico and the character Memin Pinguin. If you're going to inject yourself into someone else's conversation, you really should read the posts first. That would save you from looking stupid when you ask a stupid question like "then why did you bring him up". The post explains why he brought him up.

Geez.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Boomslang brought him up because of his work in Mexico and the character Memin Pinguin. If you're going to inject yourself into someone else's conversation, you really should read the posts first. That would save you from looking stupid when you ask a stupid question like "then why did you bring him up". The post explains why he brought him up.

Geez.
    We have to come to the realization that some people are:

Boomslang brought him up because of his work in Mexico and the character Memin Pinguin.
    Yes, just like Boomslang brought Dr. Seuss into this discussion of what Roseanne Barr wrote on Twitter. It was not on a broadcast just like the characters drawn by Geisel were not from his Dr. Seuss books, as Boomslang alluded.

Boomslang has problems expressing himself in words. So he post links to Youtube videos which can be interpreted many ways. He, like Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton looks for racism in everything. Like them, he claims to be against racism, yet he, like them fans the flames to keep it going. In desperation, he smears Dr. Seuss and drags up a Mexican cartoon from many years ago, as if that is what is happening in America today!

If you're going to inject yourself into someone else's conversation, you really should read the posts first.
    Most of what Boomslang posts is of little interest to me. So I seldom visit threads started by him. However, he interjected himself into this thread. So I guess it is him that interjected himself in our conversation. You really need to get new glasses.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast