Page 9 of 41 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

How many Americans and people around the world, not including our enemies, would rejoice if Bush were investigated, charged, and faced trial?

During his administration, American confidence in our own government has plunged while the global opinion of Americans and America has followed the dive.

This President has placed the US in the most dangerous position we have been in as a nation since the peak of the cold war!

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Neese
    I am not in favor of impeaching the President..
    Oh no, that would leave us with Halliburton Dick.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by CrocketsGhost
    Quote Originally Posted by dman1200
    It's amazing to me that even on this site some people still support Bush and give some of the lamest excuses to keep this guy around. This guy has been an abject failure to this country and those who put him in power. Yet instead of removing this cancer some people despite what they know deep down in their hearts would much rather keep the status quo of betrayal, lies and deception that has ended the lives of thousands and destroyed the lives of millions in hopes that we can change them from within.

Neese:

Why should we unite behind this lying sack of wind who is hell bent on ending our nations sovereignty? So we can look like bigger fools when we are left holding the bag of sh_t after all is said and done? The Germans were very much united with Hitler back in the day. That sure turned out well for them in the end huh? Same with the Japanese back in WWII, same result. This talk about speaking out against Bush is siding with the terrorists. What a bunch of BS. So because we speak out against Bush we should now be deemed enemy combatants and sent to GITMO for our troubles? I don't side with the terrorists at all and I'm offended that you would make such a claim. I don't fear the terrorists nearly as much as I fear the government that enables them to come across a sieve of a border and allows them to do what they do, yet punishes those who try to defend our country from them.

This talk about leaving Iraq ending our sovereignty is a joke. We left Vietnam and yet the Vietnamese didn't come across our borders with an invading army guns a blazing. In fact they are in the WTO now. The terrorists I worry about aren't thousands of miles away, I'm worried about who's hear now and what our government is doing about it (which is nothing). If they can go through the trouble of spying on our citizens and fighting wars thousands of miles away then why can't they secure our borders and enforce our laws here to keep the bad guys away?

I would support Bush if he actually was honest and tried to do the right then and not deceive the people and sell us down the river for his own personal gain. This guy would sell out his own family if he could profit from it. Just remember this that doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result is what again? Insanity!

I have no problems with impeaching this guy. Just make sure you remove Cheney and Pelosi too.
    We have a process for removing elected officials. It's called the general election. In order to overturn the will of the People as expressed through the electoral process, the charges must be specific and demonstrable.

What you guys are offering as charges are not anything that any responsible prosecutor would touch with a ten foot pole. When you consider that the "grand jury" for an impeachment is the House of Representatives and the "court" is the Senate, and that the members of Congress are "guilty" of most of the same things you are wanting to see the President convicted of, how do you imagine that's supposed to work?

Sorry, but it occurs to me that there are far more productive ways of dealing with the problems we have with this administration than engaging in the fantasy that this President will be impeached.
    What you forget (oh how long that list could be, a list buttressed by the things you also imagine!) is that almost unformly Congress did not see the same intelligence reports that Bush saw leading up to the war.

With two Democratic exceptions.

As chairs of their committees, Durbin and Graham (allegedly) saw what the White House had.

And both voted against this ridiculous, needless, terrorist-enhancing, war in Iraq.

Quote Originally Posted by CrocketsGhost
    It's amazing to me that even on this site some people still support Bush and give some of the lamest excuses to keep this guy around. This guy has been an abject failure to this country and those who put him in power. Yet instead of removing this cancer some people despite what they know deep down in their hearts would much rather keep the status quo of betrayal, lies and deception that has ended the lives of thousands and destroyed the lives of millions in hopes that we can change them from within.

Neese:

Why should we unite behind this lying sack of wind who is hell bent on ending our nations sovereignty? So we can look like bigger fools when we are left holding the bag of sh_t after all is said and done? The Germans were very much united with Hitler back in the day. That sure turned out well for them in the end huh? Same with the Japanese back in WWII, same result. This talk about speaking out against Bush is siding with the terrorists. What a bunch of BS. So because we speak out against Bush we should now be deemed enemy combatants and sent to GITMO for our troubles? I don't side with the terrorists at all and I'm offended that you would make such a claim. I don't fear the terrorists nearly as much as I fear the government that enables them to come across a sieve of a border and allows them to do what they do, yet punishes those who try to defend our country from them.

This talk about leaving Iraq ending our sovereignty is a joke. We left Vietnam and yet the Vietnamese didn't come across our borders with an invading army guns a blazing. In fact they are in the WTO now. The terrorists I worry about aren't thousands of miles away, I'm worried about who's hear now and what our government is doing about it (which is nothing). If they can go through the trouble of spying on our citizens and fighting wars thousands of miles away then why can't they secure our borders and enforce our laws here to keep the bad guys away?

I would support Bush if he actually was honest and tried to do the right then and not deceive the people and sell us down the river for his own personal gain. This guy would sell out his own family if he could profit from it. Just remember this that doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result is what again? Insanity!

I have no problems with impeaching this guy. Just make sure you remove Cheney and Pelosi too.
    We have a process for removing elected officials. It's called the general election. In order to overturn the will of the People as expressed through the electoral process, the charges must be specific and demonstrable.

What you guys are offering as charges are not anything that any responsible prosecutor would touch with a ten foot pole. When you consider that the "grand jury" for an impeachment is the House of Representatives and the "court" is the Senate, and that the members of Congress are "guilty" of most of the same things you are wanting to see the President convicted of, how do you imagine that's supposed to work?

Sorry, but it occurs to me that there are far more productive ways of dealing with the problems we have with this administration than engaging in the fantasy that this President will be impeached.
    Bush's approval rating is down as low as 28% -- and that's a false bottom.

If all of the people who oppose the surge in Iraq (which won't be much of an overall surge if we keep losing 25 troops a day) prove correct, all of the generals, the Iraq Study Group, Daddy Bush's friends, the American People, if all of that crowd proves correct, Bush's approval rates will be the worst of any president ever.

And what Republicans remain in support of Bush, few as they be, will jump ship.

So far, what I've postulated is nearly a given: Iraq will deteriorate even more, as will Bush's approval, all at a time when he becomes more and more of a lame duck.

Some will say to let him run his "course", kinda like a national flu.

But if he gets squirrely, as his State of the Union speech telegraphed he will, against Iran, he may force the Democrats' and the rapidly-defecting Republicans' hands to bring him to impeachment. The guy is nuts and he's dumb.

Why should that concern anyone here? I mean, after all, it's Iran he's going after next.

Well.

As we've learned in Iraq (not all of them are "terrorists") is that when you invade another country, their countrymen will fight back, just as we would were we similarly invaded.

And Iran will engage in "24"-like pyrotechnics as a retaliation.

This country lost its mind with the deaths of 3000 people on 911. We went nuts. Nuts to the point where we nearly strip search grandmothers flying to their sons' for Thanksgiving. That's not an America any of us remembers. And it's not an America that HAD to result from the atrocity of 911. It's a nuts America.

And of course it doesn't stop there.

Wiretapping, already.

Mail opening, already.

Suspension of habeas corpus, sought already.

Prosecutors fired who've looked into Bush scandals, already.

I mean this list could go on for a ten-foot tall post, no kidding.

But that's not an America we grew up with, even though we and our parents faced far graver threats (as for the fired prosecutor, Nixon got only one bite at that apple, and Bush has already fired at least six that I'm aware of, looking into six separate investigations, with impunity, thanks to Arlen Spectre and the Roll Over 109th Congress.)

These are not great enemies. Bin Laden is quite literally a Geico caveman. Zarqawi and even Hussein (whom I consider even less than someone who's less than a great enemy) had to sleep in a different spot every night. These enemies, much as it'll pain many of you to hear, are nothing but mega criminals.

They're the mob writ large.

But they are isolated groups, that with the carrot and stick approach of diplomacy, could be isolated by host countries and rooted out.

When's the last time anyone heard of the NRA? And how was the finally resolved?

But look. Once Iran retaliates, we will no longer recognize America. One more hit, and Bush will turn his power, painfully, against the American people.

And it will be overkill, in every dimension.

And everyone here will recall with nostalgia a time when folks could cross the border freely.

Legislation will be passed that everyone have a cell phone, or some gadget or means by which GPS technology can track every person. Deny the gadget, deny the means, and get locked up.

Illegal immigration will be a "rationale" -- as will the war on drugs, and the war on terror, and they'll probably also say, "Hey, if O.J. had GPS on him, we'd know whether he was at Rockingham or Bundy! It's for OUR CHILDREN!"

And yet a war against Iran need not have happened. Cool heads, sage, crafty men and women, people with judgment and IQs, could figure out a way to neutralize the threat allegdly posed by Iran.

My bet? We'll not recognize this country, the rights we enjoy, within ten years. Maybe one. All because of the ill-conceived policies wrought by George Bush.

And they'll try to couch the erosion of our rights, in part, by appealing to the anti-immigration folks, who have a legitmate point.

Be careful who you find yourself piggybacking.

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    How many Americans and people around the world, not including our enemies, would rejoice if Bush were investigated, charged, and faced trial?

During his administration, American confidence in our own government has plunged while the global opinion of Americans and America has followed the dive.

This President has placed the US in the most dangerous position we have been in as a nation since the peak of the cold war!
    W
    William, the President did not do this on his own. He had plenty of help when voting for the war, Democrats included. We had bad intelligence. And as a result, they could not find WMD. That doesn't mean that there aren't any. I can guarantee you that if the war went the other way, and we were doing well, everyone would have taken credit for it. The problem is that Americans like everything right away, and when we couldn't win immediately, everyone grew impatient. We would all like our military to come home safely. The biggest problem is that Americans do not take terrorism seriously. It is similar to people not believing us on illegal immigration. It is infuriating because we will end up getting killed over our own stupidity.

April
    Todays updated numbers:

848457 :
    the number of people
    who have already voted
    in the referendum
    to Impeach Bush!
    (figure updated daily

Banned
    We know they had WMD's because we were the ones that sold them to Iraq when they were fighting Iran.

Ain't that a HOOT?!?!?!

Yeah I know Neese, anyone that disagrees with Bush is nothing, but a leftists, communist Democrat. Spare me the usual neocon rackett. I'm not here to discuss Republicans and Democrats and who's the lesser of the two evils, I'm here to save our country from those who are trying to end it and Bush is every bit as part of the problem as Kennedy, Clinton and the like. In fact Bush has done more for the Democrats then the Democrats have done for themselves.

Amnesty for illegals
    No Child Left Behind
    Prescription Drug bill geared toward helping out the wealthy drug companies
    Tax Breaks for big oil and other big wig corporations
    Tax Breaks for the wealthy
    CAFTA
    NAU
    FTAA
    Social security for illegals via totalization agreement
    Record debts
    Millions of jobs lost
    Katrina
    Illegal Iraq war
    Illegal wiretapping of US citizens

Need I go on. Lets just sit here with our heads in the sand and say hail Ceasar to Bush because he's has an R in front of his name and give every excuse under the sun for his failures as a president. Lets just sit here and blame Clinton even though that was six years ago, lets blame Bush cabinet members, lets blame Santa Claus too. It's everyone elses fault, but Bush. If your not here to fight illegal immigration and you just want to be an apologist for Bush then what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be on Free Republic where you can join up with a bunch of neocon fanatics that kiss his ass all day long and think he's the greatest ever?

Iraq has been a disaster, Katrina has been a disaster, his immigration and economic policies are a disaster. We don't need to unite behind this guy and his failed policies, we need to hold him accountable. I know in the US that is a novice concept for most of us. We need to remove those in power who aren't serving our best interest and put in charge those that will or we can continue to bury our heads in the sand, justify with every lame excuse in the book why we should retain these crooks in suits and cry later when our country goes into the toilet.

You can be a sarcastic ass all you want about crying to me or whoever, but you will because people like you are all the same. You will continue to elect the same scum to office, give every lame excuse to keep these guys in power and once things get obviously too out of control to handle or if one of their policies effects you and your family your going to start crying wondering what just happened (like you don't know) and then start crying about how we should have done something to stop it earlier. I'm saying don't come on these boards or to me personally when that day comes because people like you get what they deserve. If an illegal alien kills one of your own, don't say a word to me because I won't be listening because I don't care. You support Bush's policies? Knock yourself out, but be prepared to reap what you sow.

I hope you volunteer yourself for the next war President Bush pushes (more likely Iran) so he can try to make up for the fact that he wasn't a big war hero like his dad was. Bush administration = a bunch of business frat boys who think they can prosecute a war. They still refuse to listen to the real experts about Iraq who have told them time and time again what they should do and shouldn't do. Now he wants to escalate this thing by bringing in more troops to fight for some bogus cause. Now more troops will die in vain for the cause of globalism, god help us. Fight illegal wars thousands of miles away, send our troops to their deaths so millions of illegals can flood into our open borders and take over from within. Is that something you think is worthy of uniting behind? If you were running a business would you employ this guy to run it?

BTW nice state of the union Bush where all you most did was focus on Iraq and neglected to mention Katrina. I guess now Iraq is the 51st state of the union or is it the 53rd behind Canada and Mexico? I guess the Katrina victims don't count since they weren't apart of Bush's war machine.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

You're right Dman that we can sit here and blame everyone, but ultimately he is the president and he is responsible for his agenda for us and he has the most power, really. We should blame him, especially and definitely for the immigration disaster.

But here's the fact of the matter. It would take a long time to impeach him. In the meantime we are going to get amnesty unless we realize that we have to deal with him and we must be persistant in attempting to work with him.

At this particular moment in time, there is nothing that we can do but to continue our attempts and efforts to work with him, no matter how angry we are.

Dman, send him an email and tell him how angry and fed up you are!!
    We must do that. He will not read this and find out. Try to control yourself though when you write it.

You're a good writer. We need for you to communicate what you think about all of this with him. I know it's hard, but we must.

president@whitehouse.gov

Banned
    Yeah I know Neese, anyone that disagrees with Bush is nothing, but a leftists, communist Democrat. Spare me the usual neocon rackett. I'm not here to discuss Republicans and Democrats and who's the lesser of the two evils, I'm here to save our country from those who are trying to end it and Bush is every bit as part of the problem as Kennedy, Clinton and the like. In fact Bush has done more for the Democrats then the Democrats have done for themselves.

Amnesty for illegals
    No Child Left Behind
    Prescription Drug bill geared toward helping out the wealthy drug companies
    Tax Breaks for big oil and other big wig corporations
    Tax Breaks for the wealthy
    CAFTA
    NAU
    FTAA
    Social security for illegals via totalization agreement
    Record debts
    Millions of jobs lost
    Katrina
    Illegal Iraq war
    Illegal wiretapping of US citizens

Need I go on. Lets just sit here with our heads in the sand and say hail Ceasar to Bush because he's has an R in front of his name and give every excuse under the sun for his failures as a president. Lets just sit here and blame Clinton even though that was six years ago, lets blame Bush cabinet members, lets blame Santa Claus too. It's everyone elses fault, but Bush. If your not here to fight illegal immigration and you just want to be an apologist for Bush then what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be on Free Republic where you can join up with a bunch of neocon fanatics that kiss his ass all day long and think he's the greatest ever?

Iraq has been a disaster, Katrina has been a disaster, his immigration and economic policies are a disaster. We don't need to unite behind this guy and his failed policies, we need to hold him accountable. I know in the US that is a novice concept for most of us. We need to remove those in power who aren't serving our best interest and put in charge those that will or we can continue to bury our heads in the sand, justify with every lame excuse in the book why we should retain these crooks in suits and cry later when our country goes into the toilet.

You can be a sarcastic ass all you want about crying to me or whoever, but you will because people like you are all the same. You will continue to elect the same scum to office, give every lame excuse to keep these guys in power and once things get obviously too out of control to handle or if one of their policies effects you and your family your going to start crying wondering what just happened (like you don't know) and then start crying about how we should have done something to stop it earlier. I'm saying don't come on these boards or to me personally when that day comes because people like you get what they deserve. If an illegal alien kills one of your own, don't say a word to me because I won't be listening because I don't care. You support Bush's policies? Knock yourself out, but be prepared to reap what you sow.

I hope you volunteer yourself for the next war President Bush pushes (more likely Iran) so he can try to make up for the fact that he wasn't a big war hero like his dad was. Bush administration = a bunch of business frat boys who think they can prosecute a war. They still refuse to listen to the real experts about Iraq who have told them time and time again what they should do and shouldn't do. Now he wants to escalate this thing by bringing in more troops to fight for some bogus cause. Now more troops will die in vain for the cause of globalism, god help us. Fight illegal wars thousands of miles away, send our troops to their deaths so millions of illegals can flood into our open borders and take over from within. Is that something you think is worthy of uniting behind? If you were running a business would you employ this guy to run it?

BTW nice state of the union Bush where all you most did was focus on Iraq and neglected to mention Katrina. I guess now Iraq is the 51st state of the union or is it the 53rd behind Canada and Mexico? I guess the Katrina victims don't count since they weren't apart of Bush's war machine.
    But Dman, I asked you a simple and legitimate question. If Bush were to somehow be impeached, who would you want to see in the office? You are aware, of course, that impeachment would make Cheney President. If you got rid of Cheney, then you'd have Pelosi and (gasp) Byrd in succession. Do you want to see any of those people as President? And please, don't give me the cop-out answer that "anyone is better than Bush." There's not a chance in Hell that any of those three could be elected as President. In a perfect world in which you had your choice of anyone to place in the Oval Office, who would it be?

Now, in response to your rant, I will remind you that, like it or not, this is a republic in which our leaders are elected by a majority vote. That means that there will always be a minority (or sometimes even a majority, given that people who don't vote nevertheless exercise their right to complain) who don't like the outcome of the election. They are still expected to accept the results of that election unless and until Congress finds sufficient evidence to impeach the official in question. That power was given to Congress and to Congress alone, because it was understood by the founding fathers that those who did not want to accept the failure to get their guy elected would otherwise hamstring the process with endless accusations.

Now, I am not defending this President. Were it within my power, I would remove him from office immediately, but not until I was satisfied that those in succession were acceptable alternatives or that I could somehow bypass that process and place a responsible citizen in the office. That, of course, is fantasy. I choose not to waste my time engaging in fantasy.

Page 9 of 41 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast