Page 25 of 574 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575125525 ... LastLast
Like Tree97Likes

Thread: Barack Obama's citizenship questioned

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Some skeptics claim that Obama is rushing his appointments to establish himself as de facto president and to render any challenges to the legitimacy of his presidency as after the fact
    DING DING DING! Exactly! Not only this, by him getting his cabinet together at record speed, along with the latest meeting with all the states governors (among other things he shouldn't be doing before sworn in), he is in fact knowingly, purposefully, creating a HUGE pile of petrified poo if he is found to not be eligible and he knows it. I would do the same thing because once you create the biggest mess after the fact (election), it’s easier to sweep around the edges than to haul it all off. The bigger the mess, the less likely SCOTUS will act. This should have been completed before the election ever took place, not after.

“There is room for only one President at a timeâ€
    Have you ever stopped to think, and forget to start again?

I have to believe that our justices believe in our constitution as much as we do if not more. They would not allow anyone especially in this position to stomp on it just because BO is rushing appointments to make it harder for them. I would think that may infuriate them! I hope it infuriates them.

O.K. this is more how I would feel and what I would do and I am praying that they will feel the same way.

I have lost trust in the system as it stands. There have been too many bogus rulings from the SCOTUS for me to believe they will do the right thing, especially with something this big. I am convinced they will take the safe road to save face and get the task at hand completed with the least resistance.
    Have you ever stopped to think, and forget to start again?

tracking the usurper-in-chief and on his trail

Still Supreme Court Justices, not Supreme Court Injustices

Quote Originally Posted by jcsjcm
    I have to believe that our justices believe in our constitution as much as we do if not more. They would not allow anyone especially in this position to stomp on it just because BO is rushing appointments to make it harder for them. I would think that may infuriate them! I hope it infuriates them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightowl
    I have lost trust in the system as it stands. There have been too many bogus rulings from the SCOTUS for me to believe they will do the right thing, especially with something this big. I am convinced they will take the safe road to save face and get the task at hand completed with the least resistance.
    Although the result will be something between these two opinions, I lean to the former opinion. Injustices are notable exceptions in decisions like Dred Scott, Emerson v. Board of Education, Roe v. Wade, and Kelo, because they stand out in stark relief against the thousands of rational, level-headed, studied decisions typical of the Supreme Court. Not always common sense or fair, but usually rational and level-headed...

Normally, on the average, we still consider the eight Men in Black plus one to be our Supreme Court Justices, not Supreme Court Injustices.

Justice will prevail.
    One man's terrorist is another man's undocumented worker.

Unless we enforce laws against illegal aliens today,
    tomorrow WE may wake up as illegals.

The last word: illegal aliens are ILLEGAL!

Why are the MSM silent on Obama birth certificate question?

http://www.renewamerica.us/columns/bresciani/081201

Why is the media silent on the Obama birth certificate question?

By Michael Bresciani

Why has every major news source in the United States almost totally blacked out all reference to the Hawaiian Obama birth certificate controversy?

In layman's terms the mainstream media may be afraid of showing up with egg on its face. Yet, the question about the allegedly fraudulent COLB ([certification] of live birth) doesn't want to go away. It is more than simple curiosity that is driving the quest; it is a strong desire for the truth and the hope of avoiding a constitutional crisis that would be unparalleled in our entire history as a nation.

The media recently reported Barack Obama's choice of a corned beef sandwich for his lunch. The question about his Blackberry phone has gotten more media attention than the birth certificate question. The politicos and media that follow the President Elect are looking more like the paparazzi than a group of professional journalists. What's wrong with this picture; here are a few possibilities.

Besides the obvious, like the fear of embarrassment some have suggested that it is an attitude of "possession is nine tenths of the law." He won a landslide; America has spoken; so why bother with insignificant howbeit bothersome minor details. He has got the ball so let him run with it!

The idea is that winning is more important than keeping the rules is anything but American. The next time a whistle blows on the field in a NFL game, won't the whole game stop in its tracks and wait for the announcement of the referee? Isn't this a far more grave matter than a flag going down in a football game?

Another possibility is that ignoring the matter will to some degree contain it. Leaving it alone will make it look like it's only a few discontented fringe groups or sore losers who are making waves, and they can be ignored.

The timing might seem wrong, as in who would dare proclaim out loud that they hate rock music in the middle of a Kiss concert. Conservatives it seems are loathe to become overtly vociferous while the liberals and Dem's are at the peak of the honeymoon stage and still celebrating their spectacular win.

But the timing is actually perfect, because if the question is not answered until after the inauguration, every executive order or law Barack Obama has enacted will be nullified. Ambassador Alan Keyes was the first one to point out this salient fact, but neither the media nor the courts seem to be taking this fact too seriously at the moment.

Conservative media seems to be largely ignoring the question. Hannity has taken to airing the Roswell UFO conspiracy; Beck and O'Reilly are relatively silent; while Limbaugh may be the only talk show personality who has spent any time at all on the subject.

The idea that there are only a few internet bloggers who care about it makes it seem like a trivial matter. The offering of the COLB, which now appears to be fraudulent, was not made in the mainstream broadcast media but on the internet (Kos), so painting it to be the rantings of a few discontented internet bloggers doesn't fly well at all. The insult, if there is any, is not to internet bloggers but to the Constitution and the laws of the United States. Isn't that newsworthy?

World Net Daily, the largest independent conservative news source on the internet, has begun to take signatures from people across the country to petition the congress to demand the vaulted copy of the Obama birth certificate... http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=81698 Someone is paying attention and it would be absurd to think they are all just a band of sore losers and malcontents.

Alan Keyes, who has filed suit in California to block the 55 electoral votes from being counted until Barack Obama verifies his citizenship, is keeping the readers of his site, Renew America abreast of every effort made to uncover the truth. http://www.renewamerica.us/columns/bresciani/081117 Renew America is not only one of the internet's most popular sites but it is among the most tasteful conservative spots on the web.

This question deserves more attention for the noblest of reasons. It is about the law of our land. If we are to be a nation of laws, then we all need to know our chief law maker is abiding by the laws already in place. The dignity of the Office of the President requires it and the American people deserve it.

The mainstream media may choose to keep a low profile on the matter for now, but it takes no great skill in prognostication to know this. The minute the honeymoon is over and Barack Obama has made a few unpopular decisions the American public may demand to know what they think is not now very important.

Newsweek Magazine recently featured an article and a full front page cover telling how Barack Obama wants to style his presidency after Abraham Lincoln. To those who have followed the stories of Obama's past associations through the press, it would seem that it is a little too late to make such a comparison. But if that is so what might Lincoln say to this subject?

Lincoln buffs and historians know all to well that it may be this famous saying from Abraham Lincoln that best speaks to the entire birth certificate controversy. "You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time."

Sooner or later all Presidents regardless of their style as a Commander in Chief have had to come to terms with the fact that this country isn't founded on any man's style. Rather it was and hopefully always will be based on the Constitution. It is the Constitution that asks the question to President Elect Barack Obama; are you a natural born citizen of these United States?

It is "we the people" who are living our lives and abiding under the laws of the constitution that are asking the President Elect if he would be willing to satisfy the question the constitution puts forth. The media may ignore this question, the courts may decide it is not relevant, but the Constitution will yet be answered, as "we the people" say in the common vernacular, "sooner or later."

© Michael Bresciani

Rev. Michael Bresciani is a Christian author and a columnist for several online sites and magazines...

comments on the front page AOL article

There are about 200 pages of comments as of Dec. 3. With the chaff blown away, here is a sample, perhaps 1/50th, of the comments supporting discovery of ex-Sen. Obama's Constitutional qualification.

http://news.aol.com/political-machine/2 ... ead-again/

Ace 3:22PM Dec 1st 2008

The question of Obama's birth certificate is based on the Constitutional requirements.

What is offensive is Obama and supporters playing head games with themselves over what motive is going on here. The request is to produce a birth certificate showing Obama meets the CONSTITUTIONAL requirement to be POTUS.

He has yet to do that. The COLB he produced is not legally sufficient.

You can pretend to be outraged all you want, but it is a valid legal issue. IF Obama is shown to not be legally eligible to be POTUS, his oath and any law or treaty he would sign would be INVALID.

IF Obama has a birth certificate he could produce it at any time. The COLB on his site is NOT a birth certificate.

Yet Obama spends over $500,000 to dodge the issue. The suits are not dismissed for being frivolous. The suits were dismissed for lack of standing - the ability of the person suing to bring that type of suit. It has nothing to do with the merits.

So before you huff and puff and get so OFFENDED by We the People's use of a Constitutional phrase, you might take some time to learn the Constitution and the Constitutional laws involved in this matter and why they are important.

Pardon me for being so offensive, but our US Constitution means more to me than any single President ever will.

Kate 3:30PM Dec 1st 2008

No, "We" are not bitter. "We the People" simply desire that the constitutional requirements for the Office of the President of the United States be upheld. The law is the law. The so-called "college elite" should remember this from their college political science courses. Further, how could anyone make a decision as to the best choice between the candidates if one of those candidates refused to make the most simple of disclosures such as the "vault" copy of his birth certificate? If Mr. Obama is not a natural born citizen, he was not a choice to be considered.

John Adams 3:33PM Dec 1st 2008

When the media was covering this issue extensively last February for McCain (See New York Times article) it was front and center in the press and on the tv. McCain produced his records to the Senate and this was the result:
    http://leahy.senate.gov/press/200804/041008c.html

This was in APRIL of last year. Do you see who was present for this? Yes, Mr. Obama. Did Mr. Obama stand up and say,"I too have been asked these questions and as a Constitutional attorney understand that this question [must] be answered openly and quickly to prevent voter fraud and to prevent a crisis should an ineligible candidate be elected." No, instead Obama produces a worthless document called a "Certification of Live Birth" that is not good enough to get a passport with.

Here is what the State of Hawaii has to say about a Certification of Live Birth:
    http://hawaii.gov/dhhl/applicants/appforms/applyhhl

"In order to process your application, DHHL utilizes information that is found only on the original Certificate of Live Birth, which is either black or green. This is a more complete record of your birth than the Certification of Live Birth (a computer-generated printout). Submitting the original Certificate of Live Birth will save you time and money since the computer-generated Certification requires additional verification by DHHL."

Obama, as a Constitutional attorney produced what he knew was a worthless piece of paper to factcheck and other sites who dutifully chanted,"We have held the document, it has a seal, it is real, it proves Obama is a 'natural born citizen'."

... Obama would be required to sign a release and pay $12.00 to produce a Certificate of Live Birth or a Birth Certificate. What is the importance? A Certification of Live Birth is not evidence of where you were born. Obama's sister was born in Indonesia, and her parents then fly back to Hawaii and registered her like they did with Obama. Obama's sister can produce an identical Certification of Live Birth, does that prove she was born in Hawaii? [ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHwxk7ljJBE ]

Obama has created this crisis by refusing to sign a release and pay $12.00 and produce a legitimate birth certificate. I guess a Constitutional crisis over a $12.00 birth certificate is the change he promised.

John Adams 4:01PM Dec 1st 2008

Sore losers? Did you read the posts? McCain and Obama have been asked this question since last February, or should I say McCain has as the press has had a complete black out on this issue for Obama.

As to the Berg lawsuit, the court dismissed the case on the legal technical ground that a citizen does not have the standing to ask a candidate that question.

There has been a lawsuit filed in Sacramento Superior Court by Alan Keyes, who was on the ballot in California and does not suffer the technical lack of standing argument. He has sued Obama, Biden, Debra Bowen the California Secretary of State and the 55 California Democratic electors seeking an order that Ms. Bowen not be able to certify the California Democratic electors as Obama is not eligible as a "natural born citizen". It is a crime in most States for electors to cast their votes for ineligible candidates.

Visit the Sacramento Superior Court website and read the writ Case No. 80000096. If Obama is declared ineligible in California it will quickly spread to other States.

I understand that Electors to the Electoral College from other States are preparing similar challenges before electoral votes are cast on Dec. 15.

Obama could resolve all of this by signing a release, pay $12.00 and producing a birth certificate.

AGAIN THE CERTIFICATION OF LIVE BIRTH OBAMA PRODUCED TO FACTCHECK AND OTHER WEBSITES IS WORTHLESS. IT REQUIRES A CERTIFICATE OF LIVE BIRTH OR A BIRTH CERTIFICATE. So all of you that continue to cite factcheck give it a rest. Until you can produce a copy of a document that says "CERTIFICATE" at the top of the document, print it and hang it next to the toilet where it may do you some good.

OldGaDawg 4:20PM Dec 1st 2008

The U.S. Constitution will be upheld, and if Obama can not show proof or [continues] to hide such from the American public... Then this case should be [heard] in The U.S. Supreme Court before the taking of the oath of office.
    If Obama has nothing to hide, then he should have released documents sometime ago.
    He has disrespected the ones [who] voted for him and the U.S. Constitution.
    Mr. Obama! What have you to hide?

OldGaDawg 4:26PM Dec 1st 2008

NO.... I'm afraid you are so wrong in sooo many areas.
    If there are any doubts as to his legitimacy - there will be an inquiry as to his birth.
    The Electoral College does not have to honor the vote for Obama.

MoBigdog 2:12AM Dec 2nd 2008

Mr. Obama....produce the birth certificate from Hawaii, not Kenya, plus denounce your citizenship to Indonesia. Show us you were Not registered as a foreign student at Occidential College. Also show us you were Not registered as a foreign student at Columbia University. Furthermore, show us you did not travel to Pakistan in 1981 with your college roomates (Mujammad Hassan Chandoo and Wahid Hamid, both Pakistani) on an Indonesian passport. (It was illegal for US citizens to go to Pakistan in the summer of 1981). And while you are at it, show us who paid for your world travels and college education at Occidental, Columbia and Harvard. You have been elected POTUS; you owe the truth to all Americans.

Federalist 2:35AM Dec 2nd 2008

Fools. There has been no scrutiny of Mr. Obama. America has been sold Pepsi Cola rather than a leader. He's a facist surrounded by surrogate storm troopers. Some parts of this country know better and when this scam is revealed, we'll being saying adios to the rest of you mindless fools.

Ann 2:35AM Dec 2nd 2008

Why is it fair for him to not provide the documents? Why should Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, who married into the Kennedy clan, not be allowed to run for president because of his not being a natural born citizen, but others can? It is in the Constitution for a reason - so there is no conflict of interest with your birth country and the USA. Simple as that. Provide the papers and let's move on.

Jewel 2:36AM Dec 2nd 2008

Melissa -

I'm sorry, but you're the one who is not doing your homework. Reading Factcheck and Snopes is not researching. Have you done any research on this before today? A lot of us have. We have been reading the Constitution, reading the actual lawsuits that are docketed in the Supreme Court, reading precedent setting court cases upon which these lawsuits will build their case. To spare you the inconvenience of looking up the facts, I'll quote the [Hawai'i] DOH Director Dr. Chiyome Fukino:

"Therefore, I as Director of Health for the State of Hawai‘i, along with the Registrar of Vital Statistics who has statutory authority to oversee and maintain these type of vital records, have personally seen and verified that the Hawai‘i State Department of Health has Sen. Obama’s original birth certificate on record in accordance with state policies and procedures"

Did you catch that? She only verified that there is an original birth certificate on record. She did not say which type. She did not verify that he was born in Hawaii. Her statement is meaningless.

All he has to do is provide a birth certificate that shows the name of the hospital in which he was born in Hawaii to put this issue to rest.

FYI, the birth certificate issue is only one problem - even if he was born in Hawaii, there is the second question of whether he meets the definition of being a natural born citizen because of his father's citizenship. Since Barack Obama's father was a citizen of Kenya and therefore subject to the jurisdiction of the United Kingdom at the time of Obama's birth, Obama was a British citizen at birth.

I didn't pull this out of a hat - this incriminating bit of info came from Factcheck and Obama's very own website. It says, "When Barack Obama Jr. was born on Aug. 4, 1961, in Honolulu, Kenya was a British colony, still part of the United Kingdom’s dwindling empire. As a Kenyan native, Barack Obama Sr. was a British subject whose citizenship status was governed by The British Nationality Act of 1948. That same act governed the status of Obama Sr.‘s children."

Chad 2:45AM Dec 2nd 2008

I seriously doubt Obama is a natural born citizen. If I had to bet, I'd bet he was born in Kenya. But watch how the media and even the courts sweep this under the rug. Can you imagine the uproar if 'ol Obama had to forfeit the presidency? Never mind the Constitution... it's never stopped liberal Democrats before, so why start now?

MICHAEL 2:46AM Dec 2nd 2008

Joe 2:40AM Dec 2nd 2008 "So can ANYONE please tell me how Hillary has
    gotten around our constitution in becoming the new Sec. of State for Obama???"

UNDERHANDED DEALS WERE CUT JOE... JUST LIKE THE SAME UNDERHANDED DEALS THAT WERE CUT WITH THE MEDIA TO LOCK OUT AND CUT DOWN MCCAIN/PALIN AT EVERY TURN AND BALLYHOO NOBAMA TO WORLD WIDE POPULARITY. ANYTHING CAN BE DONE WITH POOR PEOPLES' AND TERRORISTS' ACORN MONEY.

wallyman 2:48AM Dec 2nd 2008

Everyone, including Obama supporters, should want this birth certificate matter cleared up 100% once and for all. The constitutional right of this man to be President should not be questionable any longer. If there is only one document in existence, that will bring closure to this issue; PRODUCE IT and clear this mess up, and let's get on with rebuilding our country.

Tony 2:51AM Dec 2nd 2008

This is bigger than Obama being president, but it does apply. If a judge rules that ordering Mr. Obama to produce a Birth Certificate [is] an "invasion of privacy", then we are in a world of [trouble]. Any illegal alien can come with a fake document such as Mr. Obama allegedly produced and gain citizenship. After all, a judge has now made it illegal to make a person produce a birth certificate, as it is an invasion of privacy to do so. It's very simple, provide an authentic birth certificate and this ends. What ticks me off is, if I go to the Department of Motor Vehicles or the Social Security Office to obtain a driver's license or a SSN, I would be asked for a birth certificate, with a raised seal, and if I couldn't produce one or I produced one such as the document Mr. Obama produced, they would send me out of the office pronto! Now if our DMV and SS offices can spot suspect documents, why can't our government? If Hawaii can't verify if he was born there, his birth place is suspect. Nobody in the entire U. S. of A. would back me the way they are backing him in this critical matter. That sets the pace for all Americans when it comes to any agency requiring a birth certificate.

Mitch 2:52AM Dec 2nd 2008

Is anyone from the MSM listening? Maybe it's time to look into this stuff! Is every radio station [and] small town newspaper under control? Call your local media. This story must break. Our 'Constitution' is under attack by both parties. Neither major candidate was eligible. MSM is in the tank. Who's going to watch the gov't?

Rick 2:53AM Dec 2nd 2008

I wonder what all Barack H. Obama is covering up. I bet it cost him a lot of money to keep this under wraps. I am not Democrat or Republican, and if he refuses to show the original Birth Certificate, he is the one that seems to be hiding something. Just goes to show how many people can be bought.

b-evans 2:54AM Dec 2nd 2008

This is the easiest political rumor ever to put to rest. All Obama has to do is authorize the State of Hawaii to release his birth certificate to anyone who wants it. That will put an end to all the speculation!

John Nosser 2:55AM Dec 2nd 2008

If Mr. Obama is a natural born citizen as he claims why would he not let the U.S. Supreme Court have the documentation they requested from any one of the three suits filed on this issue. It would settle the matter once and for all. Instead he does nothing, hoping that the court will dismiss the case. Or Mr Obama could give permission to the forensic experts from the "We the People" organization to examine the birth certificate in question at their own expense, of course while being monitored by the Hawaiian Health Department. Instead, he will most likely take no action, give no such permission, not even deny such permission, and remain totally silent.

If he is a natural born citizen, his behavior makes no sense to me. He would rather spend $100,000.00 to fight it than spend $10.00 to let anyone (outside of the Health Department) look at a certified authentic copy of his Birth Certificate. He could have put out the real certificate on his web site months ago instead of the altered and unauthentic looking document the site presented. If he had done that, the doubts about his birth place would not have snowballed as they have. He is hiding something, but only if he is not a natural born citizen would such a level of resistance be justified. No other revealed fact could cost him the Presidency but that!

Corinna 2:56AM Dec 2nd 2008

If he does hold a legit US birth certificate, why can't he just provide it? Simple as that. Show us that you are truly an American born citizen, and it will be the end of it.
    This is about upholding the Constitution, not about the man.
    Produce your birth certificate. The original one.

forreginaourlady 2:58AM Dec 2nd 2008

The "MAN IS IN" and we all got a snow job from all the LIB RAD LYING PROPAGANDA PRAVDA OF AMERICA!

NICE to know we are all gonna be COMMIES REAL SOON like it or NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NEXT will come ALL the RESTRICTIONS................ NO FREE SPEECH.......... all of this blogging will be called HATE SPEECH and we all can go to jail............. especially BO he hates to be bad mouthed!!!! BUT it was SUPER to do to BUSH!!!!!!!!!
    !!!AH GAYS ... dont DARE UTTER one THING that is NOT POSITIVE about two guys getting it on and two women getting it on......... after ALL that is normal and HEALTHY! SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH MORE just down the trail a bit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE MEDIA will try to act as our GODS, after BO of course, and we best not confront their GODNESS........

There will be a NATIONAL POLICE FORCE to moniter our chattering in public places.............and then REPORT US or haul [us] to the GULAGS...

CHURCH and SYNAGOGUES will be under strict GOVERNMENT CONTROL...................NO FREEDOM there either!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE name of GOD shall not be used for we are SECULAR and HUMANIST NOW along with COMMIE ...

SHOULD be a GRAND TIME YA THINK!!!!!?????????????????

...CALL this HATE I CALL it THE TRUTH!

PatriotforUSA 2:59AM Dec 2nd 2008

voiceofreason -- please read Dr. Fukino's "official" statement carefully: tell us EXACTLY where she says that the original BC states that Obama was born in Hawaii? All her statement says is that the state has the original BC... that's it! Are you just completely blind to this fact?

Isn't it strange, that Dr. Fukino had the opportunity to resolve this once and for all, and yet completely omitted that important detail? That should be a clear giveaway that something is wrong!

If there is nothing to hide, why is Obama fighting this? Why is he spending [hundreds of] thousands of dollars on legal fees to fight these suits, when he can solve it in five minutes by just releasing the stupid document?

When it is proven that Obama was not born in the US, then "we the people" will realize that they voted for a FRAUD and a LIAR. You can't possibly say that those votes are valid, and you can count on a majority of those people wanting their votes back. Sadly, there will still be those delusional few who will continue to support him even though he clearly lied to them. But "we the people" will not support a liar in our White House. No way.

TONINO63 3:04AM Dec 2nd 2008

Mark you the people didn't win by that much! You won because a bunch of know nothing college kids decided he was young and he excited them. He's a great speaker. Those that speak with forked tongues always swayed "the people". Those that said this election wasn't about race lied. They lied because a lot of people that never bothered to get off their bottoms to do "anything" to make change happen decided because of the color of his skin they would vote for a change. They would get involved in a process that they did NOTHING their entire lives to help, aid or better! They know nothing about what any part has done, about who stood for what, about who gave of themselves for this country. All they knew was the color of his skin. Many whites voted for him for fear they would be considered a racist if they spoke against him. The media did nothing to dig into his past, and when his past was in front of them they let the stories die! The democrat politicians in every major city kept quiet until after he was elected. Then they started cutting public services because of "not enough" in their budget. The day before when they spent money to have rallies they had enough money. They didn't say a word though until after he was elected [for] fear people wouldn't vote. . . He stands there now and takes credit for things Bush has done or is doing. I've sent people, he sent NO ONE. Wait until he has his hand so deep in your pocket and see. You the people were only a minimal majority and you won. But if there is one thing that can be found to show what this man truly is, a liar, then let it be found! Why does everyone think because he's a smooth talker he should not follow the letter of the law? The President above all others must be above approach, so let him show where he was born and anything else that is needed! If you're not worried, then what's the big deal?

b-evans 3:05AM Dec 2nd 2008

This is the easiest political rumor ever to put to rest. All Obama has to do is authorize the State of Hawaii to release his birth certificate to anyone who wants it. That will put an end to all the speculation!

cmesinging 3:07AM Dec 2nd 2008

Obama wouldn't clear for a security job without producing a legit birth cert., and after being deceitful,who in their right mind would go ahead and hire him anyway? The appeal of a non-citizen as president comes to popularity because the flavor-of-the-day sentiment is to hate all things American. This is believed to be a way to hold on to a pride in being African(american), Latin(american), Native(american). You're being duped by the political machine to keep you from becoming true Americans, with the pride and glory that follow.

Realist 3:09AM Dec 2nd 2008

The surest way to quash rumor is for President-elect Obama to produce a copy of the original birth certificate.

This becomes relevant for several reasons, including the fact that the governor of California might, had he not been born elsewhere, have made a run for the presidency.

Clearly Obama is a man who believes in full vetting of public servants as evidenced by his questions addressed to Bill Clinton prior to inviting Sen. Hillary Clinton to serve.

It should not, it seems to me, be a big deal to silence the speculation with the original document.

I've produced a certified birth certificate on several occasions, including in application for a passport.

It's not a "health record" in the way that documentation of medical conditions would be.

SB 3:15AM Dec 2nd 2008

We had to provide more proof of our 12 year old son's birth for him to play on a little league all-star team than the Mr. Obama has had to provide for the presidency. Hmmmm? That's weird.

Brian H 3:16AM Dec 2nd 2008

Eeesh! In the article, you STILL can't keep it straight. There are TWO (that's 2, you know, a number greater than 1?) kinds of Birth document.
    1) Certificate of Live Birth, prepared on-site, at the time of delivery, signed by mother and attending physician, if any.
    2) CERTIFICATION of Live Birth, a contemporary computer printout of some of the file contents, as amended (e.g., it would show the latest of however many legal name changes a person had gone through). It has NO STANDING, legally. And that is what has been offered on the web and elsewhere.
    A lawyer who is remaining anonymous out of (justified) fear of retaliation states he saw the original, and it is from Mombassa, Kenya, signed only by Stanley Ann Dunham, mother.

DAVE 3:16AM Dec 2nd 2008

Why do all dems say get over it? You guys have slammed bush for 8 years, and now all we ask for is a birth certificate, and you dems whine about it

Brian H 3:16AM Dec 2nd 2008

Hey, foreign. Since you're into arithmetic, here's some additional data to crunch. The applicable 1961 law said the single parent had to have lived 10 years in the US, 5 after the age of 14 [actually, 16 in 1961]. Since Stanley-Ann was 18 at the time she bore Barry, can you fit 5 years in there?

wongtpa 3:23AM Dec 2nd 2008

Is he or isn't he? A simple question to answer. Obama can put the concerns of the voters to rest with the presentation of his birth certificate showing he is a natural born American, not a natualized American. The Constitution means something, not words, just words as Obama would have us believe. Give us the birth certificate, period.

cagirl61 3:28AM Dec 2nd 2008

This wouldn't be an issue, now, if the main stream media had done their due diligence in vetting Obama. The only people who are surprised to read or hear about this, are the people who have been misled by the MSM. Many people have been waiting for Dec.1st, as this is the day the US Supreme court set for Obama and the DNC to provide answers to the birth certificate issue. Philip J. Berg tried to stay the election until it was resolved, but was denied; so here we are. BTW, Philip J. Berg is a lifelong democrat. This is not about race, it's about our constitution. On another note, why is Obama considered the answer for so many black people. He is half African American/half white. He was raised by his white mother until nine, and then by his white (VP of bank) grandmother and grandfather. He went to a private school in Hawaii, not the inner city or the poor south. This hardly represents the black experience, as many claim. I feel he is being judged by the color of his skin, not the reality of his life. Why was Clarence Thomas raked over? He represents a real hero story. He overcame much,to get where he is. Or Condaleeza Rice? She is brilliant, yet we don't hear much about her experience. Obama is hype.

ron 3:29AM Dec 2nd 2008

What so bad about having to produce a legit birth certificate? I had to when I served in the miltary, so I would like to know beyond a shadow of a doubt that the President of The United States Is A citizen!

DAVE 3:32AM Dec 2nd 2008

It seems dems don't know anything about our government if they think a president is in office for 8 years.

forreginaourlady 3:32AM Dec 2nd 2008

Aub's Mommy 07 3:25AM Dec 2nd 2008

I swear, all democrats need to fall off the face of the earth. It would be the greatest day...EVER!

DAVE 3:25AM Dec 2nd 2008

i say if its true there should be another election

YOU two are my type of PEOPLE>>>>>>> THANK GOD YOU STILL EXIST!

ruthsgardens 3:34AM Dec 2nd 2008

His name was Barry Soetoro. I could care less if he changed his name. But he swore to be a muslim and changed his name like many do for some unknown reason. But now he says he is a christian. But didn't decide to change his name back. Not sure how many muslims who became christians changed their names to Isaiah, Jacob, Abraham. Never heard of one yet. I have to spit up a birth certificate to get a social security card or drivers license. But your excellence Dumbo doesn't have to produce one to be president? Just spit it out, Obama, unless you are waiting for the ink to dry in Hawaii.

JOHN DILLS 3:36AM Dec 2nd 2008

WHY DOESN'T OBAMA PRODUCE THE DOCUMENTS? THE BERG CASE FROM PHILA IS NOW BEING LOOKED AT BY A SUPREME COURT JUDGE, HAVING GONE THROUGH THE SYSTEM. OBAMA COULD HAVE SAVED A LOT OF COURT TIME AND EXPENSE, IF ONLY HE PRODUCED THE DOCUMENTS. THERE WERE NO COMPUTER GENERATED BIRTH CERTIFICATES IN 1961, THEY WERE ALL TYPED OR HAND WRITTEN.
    WHY WOULD ANYONE HAVE WANTED THIS SITUATION TO DRAG OUT??
    ...[HILLARY] CLINTON BROUGHT THIS UP, THEN DROPPED IT, AFTER THE OBAMA
    NEWS MEDIA WOULD NOT RUN WITH IT...
    I THINK THE POLITICIANS WOULD NOT PUSH THE SUBJECT.BECAUSE OF THE FEAR OF BACKLASH FROM THE OBAMA SUPORTERS. THE PRESS SHOULD HAVE CALLED OBAMA'S CAMPAIGN STAFF.

cudamark 3:38AM Dec 2nd 2008

It seems a reporter [investigative author Dr. Jerome Corsi] went to Kenya to do a story on Obama's African side of the family, and while interviewing Barack's grandmother, it was stated by the grandmother that she had been present at Barack's birth in the hospital in Mombassa. With this new tidbit of information, the reporter went to the hospital and started asking questions about Obama's birth there. The Kenyan government got wind of this and had the reporter arrested and the grandmother silenced. The explantion given to the reporter when he asked why he was arrested was that Obama's hospital records were sealed and not available for viewing and that attempting to access them was a crime. The next question is the key... If Obama was born in Hawaii like he claims, why would there be any birth records in Kenya to seal?? If he wasn't born in Kenya, wouldn't the officials there just say that there are no records and send the reporter on his way??

B. Wilby 3:39AM Dec 2nd 2008

Dear Azz,

CHANGE still hasn't come to America .. not yet ... Obama can't/wont prove that he is an American, and until he does, he will only be the president-elect.

If Mr. Obama does become the 44th President of the U.S.A., I sincerely hope that your liberal rant is not a description of what becomes the face of America. . .

Lingle Responds to Crticism For Not Meeting with Obama (TEAM O NOT HAPPY W/ HAWAII GOV)
    KHON News ^ | December 03, 2008 | KHON News

Posted on Wednesday, December 03, 2008 9:13:41 AM by Shady Ray

Lingle responds to crticism for not meeting with Obama

By KHON News

Governor Linda Lingle was a no show today in Philadelphia when President-elect Barack Obama met with more than 40 of the nation's governors.

Hawaii Democrats are criticizing Lingle, a Republican, for not attending.

This afternoon, Lingle defended her decision.

Governor Lingle says her decision was not politically motivated, rather it had to do with timing.

SNIP

But some island Democrats are upset over Lingle's decision, saying it doesn't make sense.

Governors from across the nation convened at Independence Hall in Philadelphia, for a historic face-to-face meeting with President-elect Barack Obama.

Hawaii's governor was absent.

"She wasn't there, she batted that hand of friendship away today. It's astounding, incomprehensible," said Congressman Neil Abercrombie, (D) Hawaii.

"My actions were not meant to be in any way disrespectful of the President-elect or anyone else," said Gov. Linda Lingle.

Lingle says she made a "practical" decision to skip the meeting.

SNIP

During the meeting in Philadelphia, the governors discussed with Obama ways to get the economy back on track, and how to put more Americans back to work.

"The President of the United States has reached out to the state saying tell me what programs and projects you'd like to have, and I'm going to help you implement it. The governor of the state of Hawaii says she's not interested," said Abercrombie.

But Lingle says she doesn't think she missed much by declining the invitation.

"There was nothing substantive that came out of the meeting today. All the brew ha ha was caused by a couple of political types who don't know the election is over here in Hawaii," said Lingle.

SNIP
    http://www.khon2.com/home/ticker/35458319.html

Obama has put forth only a "Certification of live birth", which is NOT A Birth Certificate!

After months and months of unrequited requests, the Obama campaign did finally present a document which they claimed validated his eligibility (per the Constitution of the Unted States, Article II, Section I) as a "Natural born citizen" to have his name on the ballot in contention for the office of the President of the United States of America.

However, what the Obama campaign supplied was not, in fact, a "birth certificate". What they supplied was actually a "Certificate of Live Birth." There is a major difference between a "birth certificate" and a "Certificate of Live Birth."

Aside from the level of detail differentiating the documents (hospital of record, doctor, height, weight, etc) - in the state of Hawaii, one authenticates natural born citizenship, and the other doesn't. This part is important; - it has nothing to do with tin foil hats.

Per the State of Hawaii's Department of Health, "Amended certificates of birth may be prepared and filed with the Department of Health, as provided by law, for 1) a person born in Hawaii who already has a birth certificate filed with the Department of Health or 2) a person born in a foreign country." (For citation purposes, please feel free to visit their site: http://hawaii.gov/health/vital-records/ ... index.html).

The "Certificate of Live Birth" provided by Obama, is in fact, a derivative of the "Amended certificates of birth" they site. Why is that important? Because of that second clause in the above citation. While you may show citizenship via such a document, you do not necessarily prove "natural born" citizenship. "Natural born citizenship" is what is required to be eligible to be considered for the Presidency, per the United States Constitution.

The form Obama posted wouldn't even be acceptable to make an application in Hawaii's Home Lands Program!

From: http://hawaii.gov/dhhl/applicants/appforms/applyhhl

"In order to process your application, DHHL utilizes information that is found only on the original Certificate of Live Birth, which is either black or green. This is a more complete record of your birth than the Certification of Live Birth (a computer-generated printout). Submitting the original Certificate of Live Birth will save you time and money since the computer-generated Certification requires additional verification by DHHL."

THIS is a HI Birth Certificate:

http://snarkybytes.com/?p=521

And this is the Certificate of Live Birth posted on Obama's website:

http://fightthesmears.com/articles/5/birthcertificate

Notice any differences?

Hospital of birth? Residence address of mother? Birthplace of parents? SIGNATURE OF ATTENDANT AT BIRTH?

What Obama has posted IS NOT A BIRTH CERTIFICATE!

There is a further complication, however. His subsequent adoption by Lolo Soetoro and resultant INDONESIAN citizenship is a bigger fly in his ointment. (I laugh whenever reference is made to "citizen of the WORLD'... Obama truly is a WORLD CITIZEN!)

Indonesia, at the time Obama lived there and was deemed an Indonesian citizen, did not recognize dual citizenship, and neither did the US recognize dual citizenship with Indonesia. Thus, whether he held dual citizenship with the US and Kenya, whether he was born in the US or Kenya, or even - as some suggest - CANADA, is irrelevant as the ONLY legitimate citizenship he held once his adopted father moved him to Indonesia was Indonesian! His US Citizenship would be forfeit!

http://texasdarlin.wordpress.com/2008/0 ... ndonesian/

Whether and when Barry Soetoro/Barack Obama might have regained US Citizenship thereafter, it would be thru NATURALIZATION and that is SPECIFICALLY and EXPRESSLY ineligible to serve as President of the United States under Title II. (Could this be why he uses the politically risky name Barack Hussein Obama instead of the more innocuous "Barry Soetoro"? Perhaps Barry Soetoro is STILL an Indonesian citizen? Perhaps there are naturalization papers in the name of Barry Soetoro? I'm just asking...)

Welcome edeldoug and your right! We need him to disclose all documentation now Real BC passport history and usage, college, medical, and professional records and other papers written by him and his wife, the video that the L.A. times is holding back where Obama is at a MOD EDIT bash dinner EVERYTHING! We need to know this our constituntion depends on it! And he will walk all over it, he's on record preaching that the constituntion has flaws and his appointment of Hillary is a direct violation of the constituntion as well!!!!! Wake Up America or it will all be gone!!!!
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!

Obama Vs. Constitution (60 Sec. TV Ad)

Video
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!