Page 276 of 574 FirstFirst ... 176226266272273274275276277278279280286326376 ... LastLast
Results 2,751 to 2,760 of 5732
Like Tree97Likes

Thread: Barack Obama's citizenship questioned

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Here is a new 28th Amendment for review. Tell me what you think.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/28752867/Amen ... -Amendment
    In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot. -- Mark Twain

tracking the usurper-in-chief and on his trail
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlanderJuan

Rep. Dr. Ron Paul will vote for it.
    One man's terrorist is another man's undocumented worker.

Unless we enforce laws against illegal aliens today,
    tomorrow WE may wake up as illegals.

The last word: illegal aliens are ILLEGAL!

Quote Originally Posted by MinutemanCDC_SC

Rep. Dr. Ron Paul will vote for it.
    Devvy Kidd's response was a bit more didactic:

===============

Please stop wasting time and resources.

It takes a minimum of 5-7 YEARS to get an amendment passed or rejected.

Members of Congress when they retire are subject to the same laws as everyone else.

The 13th Amendment you cite below is a non issue:

http://home.hiwaay.net/~becraft/Missing13.htm

Our house is on fire. We need to concentrate on beating back the damage being done right now. I am encouraging people not to waste their time on a new amendment.

Devvy Kidd
    In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot. -- Mark Twain

This post is a little off-point of Obama's usurpation, but is connected to the ongoing usurpation by the federal government (aka central government, comrade) of state's rights and individual rights, led by the usurper-in-charge, Barack Obama.

Timothy Baldwin has written an article that argues for keeping the subject of challenging usurpation within the states. This is a good article.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/28847944/Timo ... n-the-Sand

tracking the usurper-in-chief and on his trail
    This is NOT GOOD. At all.

A volcano of anger among the general U.S. population appears to be shaking with tremors warning of potential eruptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Zahn
    Outrage over porous borders too hot to handle
    Minuteman watchdog group folds citing 'fed up' Americans, possible violence

Posted: March 23, 2010 9:23 pm Eastern

By Drew Zahn
    © 2010 WorldNetDaily

A border watchdog group called The Minuteman Civil Defense Corps announced it is dissolving its corporation today, concerned that Americans have grown so angry over illegal immigration and border drug wars that violence may soon erupt – with American citizens pulling the trigger.

The organization explained it cannot risk the liability and its cause, should someone stray from the MCDC's law-abiding methods and open fire on the border – an event the group foresees, given the current direction in Washington, D.C.

An email alert sent out by MCDC President Carmen Mercer explains: "I'm afraid that for many citizens, the passing of health care against the will of the people and now indications that Obama will try to pass amnesty may be the straw that will break the spirit, or may be the straw that ignites frustration that we, as an organization, may not be able to manage or contain."

She continues, "This organization has grown too big for its own good; or rather, the problem has grown too big and serious for us to manage. I predict soon the violence will spill over the border (it already is) and I predict Americans, on their own, will lock, load and do what the feckless cowards in Washington refuse to do."

For the past nearly eight years, MCDC has trained and organized volunteers to patrol the U.S. border in search of illegal crossings and those that may be trafficking illegal immigrants, drugs, sex slaves or other contraband.

Rather than forcibly confronting those illegally crossing the border, however, MCDC has maintained a strict policy of contacting and informing the U.S. Border Patrol instead. The organization, in essence, serves as a citizen team of additional "eyes" for U.S. law enforcement.

But growing outrage over illegal immigration and drug gang violence, the organization has concluded, is simply growing too hot to handle. Sometime soon, the MCDC predicts, someone will ignore the groups' peaceable guidelines.

"People are fed up," Mercer writes, "Many had decided to return to the border who had tired of the sometimes futile watch-and-observe methods. It showed me that people are not willing to be silenced anymore; it also showed me that people will be less likely to follow the rules of engagement in a desperate attempt to stop the criminals who violate our borders every day.

"That is not what we want and we cannot take the responsibility for this," she concludes.

Mercer clarified that volunteer Minutemen will continue to patrol the border and continue to work on other immigration issues. She told WND that their people are well-trained and committed, but that their work will have to be on their own, as the parent corporation must be dissolved to prevent liability issues.

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=131037
    One man's terrorist is another man's undocumented worker.

Unless we enforce laws against illegal aliens today,
    tomorrow WE may wake up as illegals.

The last word: illegal aliens are ILLEGAL!

[quote=MinutemanCDC_SC]This is NOT GOOD. At all.

A volcano of anger among the general U.S. population appears to be shaking with tremors warning of potential eruptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Zahn":2vsczfdt][size=7][b]Outrage over porous borders too hot to handle
    Minuteman watchdog group folds citing 'fed up' Americans, possible violence[/b]

By Drew Zahn
    © 2010 WorldNetDaily

[b]A border watchdog group called The Minuteman Civil Defense Corps announced it is dissolving its corporation today, concerned that Americans have grown so angry over illegal immigration and border drug wars that violence may soon erupt – with American citizens pulling the trigger.

The organization explained it cannot risk the liability and its cause, should someone stray from the MCDC's law-abiding methods and open fire on the border – an event the group foresees, given the current direction in Washington, D.C.

An email alert sent out by MCDC President Carmen Mercer explains: "I'm afraid that for many citizens, the passing of health care against the will of the people and now indications that Obama will try to pass amnesty may be the straw that will break the spirit, or may be the straw that ignites frustration that we, as an organization, may not be able to manage or contain."[/b]

She continues, "This organization has grown too big for its own good; or rather, the problem has grown too big and serious for us to manage. I predict soon the violence will spill over the border (it already is) and I predict Americans, on their own, will lock, load and do what the feckless cowards in Washington refuse to do."

For the past nearly eight years, MCDC has trained and organized volunteers to patrol the U.S. border in search of illegal crossings and those that may be trafficking illegal immigrants, drugs, sex slaves or other contraband.

Rather than forcibly confronting those illegally crossing the border, however, MCDC has maintained a strict policy of contacting and informing the U.S. Border Patrol instead. The organization, in essence, serves as a citizen team of additional "eyes" for U.S. law enforcement.

But growing outrage over illegal immigration and drug gang violence, the organization has concluded, is simply growing too hot to handle. Sometime soon, the MCDC predicts, someone will ignore the groups' peaceable guidelines.

"People are fed up," Mercer writes, "Many had decided to return to the border who had tired of the sometimes futile watch-and-observe methods. It showed me that people are not willing to be silenced anymore; it also showed me that people will be less likely to follow the rules of engagement in a desperate attempt to stop the criminals who violate our borders every day.

"That is not what we want and we cannot take the responsibility for this," she concludes.

Mercer clarified that volunteer Minutemen will continue to patrol the border and continue to work on other immigration issues. She told WND that their people are well-trained and committed, but that their work will have to be on their own, as the parent corporation must be dissolved to prevent liability issues.

[url="http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=131037
    http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=131037[/url][/size]
    [/quote:2vsczfdt]

May not be good but certainly shouldn't surprise anyone! A cornered animal is dangerous and this is what angry Americans are starting to become.
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

I am purposely answering this before turning the page and reading any other responses. I definitely would be the longest amendment. While I agree that it would fix almost every problem we have, I do believe it has missed a point or two. These are only the first that come to mind:

There shall be NO LAWS PASSED by congress, nor signed by the president, that does not apply to ALL federal employees INCLUDING congress and the president.

There shall be NO VOTES on any bills where EVERY MEMBER of congress has not only read the bill, but can pass a short multi choice quiz on provisions in the bill. This quiz will consist of 1 secret question sent by each state. These questions will not be revealed until 30 minutes prior to the scheduled vote and must be answered on the computer located at each members seat in the chamber of congress itself. While taking the test, no aids or other members may speak to, pass notes to, or in any other way assist. All members who fail the test will not have their vote counted. Failing 3 or more tests during one session will mean automatic removal from office.

The other point that was missed is that I think there is a better chance of Pelosi turning into a constitutional conservative than there is for this amendment to ever pass congress let alone be ratified.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

[quote=TexasBorn]
    Quote Originally Posted by MinutemanCDC_SC
    This is NOT GOOD. At all.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Zahn":3cfaqsfa][size=7][b]Outrage over porous borders too hot to handle
    Minuteman watchdog group folds citing 'fed up' Americans, possible violence[/b]

By Drew Zahn
    © 2010 WorldNetDaily

[b]A border watchdog group called The Minuteman Civil Defense Corps announced it is dissolving its corporation today, concerned that Americans have grown so angry over illegal immigration and border drug wars that violence may soon erupt – with American citizens pulling the trigger.

An email alert sent out by MCDC President Carmen Mercer explains: "I'm afraid that for many citizens, the passing of health care against the will of the people and now indications that Obama will try to pass amnesty may be the straw that will break the spirit, or may be the straw that ignites frustration that we, as an organization, may not be able to manage or contain."[/b]

[url="http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=131037
    http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=131037[/url][/size]
    May not be good but certainly shouldn't surprise anyone! A cornered animal is dangerous and this is what angry Americans are starting to become.[/quote:3cfaqsfa]

I loathe the idea of it, but this is what I was telling my Uncle last year, and he was getting mad about me bringing it up. Now he's starting to see it with his own eyes, but he doesn't want to believe it.

People are like any other animal when put in a nothing to lose position.

Quote Originally Posted by cayla99

I am purposely answering this before turning the page and reading any other responses. I definitely would be the longest amendment. While I agree that it would fix almost every problem we have, I do believe it has missed a point or two. These are only the first that come to mind:

1. There shall be NO LAWS PASSED by congress, nor signed by the president, that does not apply to ALL federal employees INCLUDING congress and the president.

2. There shall be NO VOTES on any bills where EVERY MEMBER of congress has not only read the bill, but can pass a short multi choice quiz on provisions in the bill. This quiz will consist of 1 secret question sent by each state. These questions will not be revealed until 30 minutes prior to the scheduled vote and must be answered on the computer located at each members seat in the chamber of congress itself. While taking the test, no aids or other members may speak to, pass notes to, or in any other way assist. All members who fail the test will not have their vote counted. Failing 3 or more tests during one session will mean automatic removal from office.

The other point that was missed is that I think there is a better chance of Pelosi turning into a constitutional conservative than there is for this amendment to ever pass congress let alone be ratified.
    Cayla, are your questions answered here:

1. Page 3: "Laws and statutes enacted by any branch of the federal government that effect the People or the States, shall equally effect and control members and employees of the federal government and vice versa. There shall be no exceptions to this rule."

2. Page 3: "The Congress shall require public disclosure and debate of all pending legislation for ninety days prior to consideration, and a two-thirds majority of each house shall be required before legislation shall be considered passed by the Congress."

On number two, I wanted to provide enough time for EVERYBODY to read the proposed bill. If you don't think this is enough control, tell me.

As an FYI, whereas Devvy Kidd thought I should abandon the idea because we don't have time, Timothy Baldwin's comment was:

"Some pretty good stuff here… If you could get ¾’s of the states to ratify that amendment, we likely wouldn’t have the problems we are having today and thus, there would not be the need for amendments."

Hence the dilemma of it all. If we all agreed to these terms, there would be no need for the amendment. Being Scotsman as I am, I have my doubts, and believe we should try to get it implemented anyway - if not for us, for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by cayla99

1. There shall be NO LAWS PASSED by congress, nor signed by the president, that does not apply to ALL federal employees INCLUDING congress and the president.

2. There shall be NO VOTES on any bills where EVERY MEMBER of congress has not only read the bill, but can pass a short multi choice quiz on provisions in the bill. This quiz will consist of 1 secret question sent by each state. These questions will not be revealed until 30 minutes prior to the scheduled vote and must be answered on the computer located at each members seat in the chamber of congress itself. While taking the test, no aids or other members may speak to, pass notes to, or in any other way assist. All members who fail the test will not have their vote counted. Failing 3 or more tests during one session will mean automatic removal from office.

Cayla, are your questions answered here:

1. Page 3: "Laws and statutes enacted by any branch of the federal government that effect the People or the States, shall equally effect and control members and employees of the federal government and vice versa. There shall be no exceptions to this rule."

2. Page 3: "The Congress shall require public disclosure and debate of all pending legislation for ninety days prior to consideration, and a two-thirds majority of each house shall be required before legislation shall be considered passed by the Congress."

On number two, I wanted to provide enough time for EVERYBODY to read the proposed bill. If you don't think this is enough control, tell me.

As an FYI, whereas Devvy Kidd thought I should abandon the idea because we don't have time, Timothy Baldwin's comment was:

"Some pretty good stuff here… If you could get ¾’s of the states to ratify that amendment, we likely wouldn’t have the problems we are having today and thus, there would not be the need for amendments."

Hence the dilemma of it all. If we all agreed to these terms, there would be no need for the amendment. Being Scotsman as I am, I have my doubts, and believe we should try to get it implemented anyway - if not for us, for the future.
    Sorry Highlander, I don't think giving them 90 days or 190 days will improve their literacy. I also am not quite certain about the 35 year age requirement. I think it needs to be raised to at least 21 maybe even 25 or proof you are not living with a parent unless you are the parents caretaker. I would also make an exception for the military having the right to vote when they pass basic, no matter what their age. If they are old enough to die for their country, they are old enough to vote. (I feel the same way about drinking too, although I hate alcohol personally, I think if you are mature enough to die for your country, you are mature enough to drink. that is just MHO.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)