Page 157 of 830 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157158159160161167207257657 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 8292
Like Tree205Likes

Thread: BASIC LIST / SUGGESTED ITEMS FOR LONG TERM SURVIVAL

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Apache Foot Trap (A Survival Trap)

Apache Foot Trap (A Survival Trap) - YouTube

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

How to make a leg snare platform trap

How to make a leg snare platform trap - YouTube

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

How to make fish trap.

How to make fish trap. - YouTube

Swedish Fire Torch

Swedish Fire Torch - YouTube

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Thanks for the fire starting one too...I learned all my basic skills such at those via my father and Girl Scouts (out here little girls learned to forage, fish, start fires...etc.). Currently our locale is chilly due to head snapping east wind funneling down the Columbia River Gorge, so instead of turning on useless baseboard heaters, our woodstove is being utilized. I'm lovin it (to quote that illegal alien hiring fast food chain). Airborne, I can bet where you are hurricanes cause a lot of trouble and should be fully expected and prepared for. Out here, my only natural concern would be our mountain, and I hope and pray she never goes, she is a stratovolcano and we live all too close, plus all this phenomenol natural beauty would be gone.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

How to Make a Dakota Smokeless Fire

How to Make a Dakota Smokeless Fire - YouTube

Dakota Hole Fire

Dakota Hole Fire - YouTube

Heated Hammock Super Shelter

Heated Hammock Super Shelter - YouTube

Best Hand Drill Demo Ever

Best Hand Drill Demo Ever - - YouTube

How to Make Apple Vinegar – so very easy

I have a new project for you to try this weekend, making apple vinegar. This is the second fruit vinegar I’ve made and its really tasty and so very easy to make. First thing is that you’ll have to make an apple pie or apple tart or apple sauce this weekend. Make anything where you need to core and peel the apples. Save those cores and peels and put them into a bowl. The number of peels or apples isn’t really important, just add enough water to cover the apple scraps by an inch or two. Add a 1/4 c. of sugar to the mix, cover with a small plate and weight it down. In my case I did this with a ramekin filled with water.

Let it sit out, covered with a tea towel (to keep flies from getting in) for a week, until the liquid darkens. Yes, a little mold will form on top, that’s okay. Really.

Just spoon it off. After a week, strain out the apples and pour the soon-to-be-vinegar into a canning jar, fit with a square of cheesecloth and canning lid. This allows the vinegar to breath as well as keeps it from touching the metal, otherwise the metal will corrode. Leave it alone in your pantry for 6 weeks and then you’ll have vinegar. So easy, isn’t it?

I learned this method in the book Wild Fermentation, which is a great book to own and refer to. Happy vinegar making!

How to Make Apple Vinegar – so very easy | A Sonoma Garden