Page 425 of 740 FirstFirst ... 325375415421422423424425426427428429435475525 ... LastLast
Results 4,241 to 4,250 of 7393
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Ron Paul on the Issues

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 4 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 4 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Russia Warns US That WW3 Coming Soon!

Submitted by juano510 on Fri, 02/03/2012 - 00:59
    Peace / War

This is a video of Gen. Nikolay Makarov who's on the Chief, Armed Forces General Staff in Russia and talks about what a U.S attack to Iran would do! I understand why Obama is drawing down in Iraq right now, I hope you guys see it.

Russia Warns US That WW3 Coming Soon! | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 05-19-2012 at 10:35 PM.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Went to a Romney rally today in Omaha, NE

Submitted by JTTC on Thu, 05/10/2012 - 14:02
    Ron Paul 2012

Nebraska

Got sunburned holding my Ron Paul sign in front of a Romney rally today. For some reason my comment "flip flops belong on your feet, not in the oval office!" wasn't nearly as funny to the people waiting in line as it was to me.

Anyhow we were interviewed by a local TV station. Can't wait to see it! The best part was when a Romney supporter, who couldn't think of any intelligent response to our critiques of Romney, blurts out, "well why don't you serve in the military!"... and the Ron Paul supporter next to me is an Iraq War vet. It was priceless. "...Oh.... well... thank you for your service."

In terms of size it was only a few hundred people. It filled a large restaurant. Hah, they got nothing on Ron Paul.

Went to a Romney rally today in Omaha, NE | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

An Old Veteran with Red Paper Poppies.

Submitted by Nonna on Thu, 05/10/2012 - 12:45
    New Jersey

Yesterday was a beautiful day. There was a light drizzle, off and on, and the dampness made every bone in my body ache. With the pollen all over the place, I only wished my head would explode and put me out of my misery. I dragged myself to the supermarket to get some much needed items. As I hobbled from the car to the front of the supermarket, I noticed an old veteran in a white uniform and VFW hat on his head. He was sitting by the entrance, holding a white container and a red paper poppy. As I hobbled on closer to the entrance with, I'm sure, a scowl on my face, I saw a few people put money in the container and heard them thank him for his service. I wanted to barf. I was in such a foul mood, that when I heard that cliché I could only think to myself, “Don’t thank him for his service, when you won’t even bother to vote for Ron Paul to help him and all the other the veterans." As I got closer, I heard a middle aged woman tell the old veteran that he didn’t look well and she asked if he was tired. The old guy said he was very tired and not feeling well with all the dampness in the air. (He had my complete sympathy with that one.) She put in her donation, took a paper poppy from him and (ugh!) thanked him for his service.

After purchasing what I needed, I left the store and put my donation into the old veteran’s container. He did look old and really tired. I did not thank him for his service. No. Instead, when he thanked me, I told him “You’re welcome. Now vote for Ron Paul!”

Brace yourselves for what happened next.

The old veteran looked up at me in total shock and told me that Ron Paul had dropped out of the race! Well, you can imagine the lesson I gave him about the MSM and especially about Dr. Paul! I was nice about it, once I got over the shock of realizing we had an entire voting bloc thinking Dr. Paul had dropped out.

He listened very carefully to what I was saying. Life came back into his eyes and he adamantly agreed with me on every single issue! He had no idea about the Veterans March on DC on Presidents Day.

He had no clue about Dr. Paul’s positions on Social Security and the troops, much less on Ron Paul's position on veterans’ rightful benefits.

I thought that old veteran was going to jump up out of the chair and start chanting, “President Paul! President Paul!” right then and there!

He told me the old, retired veterans hang out at the VFW Hall around 2 in the afternoon and that I could bring some campaign literature there for them to see. Imagine if every one of us did that when we see an old veteran with red paper poppies! Yes, yesterday was a beautiful day!

An Old Veteran with Red Paper Poppies. | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

This is exactly why the MSM does what it does by not reporting Ron Paul

Romney Campaign Shenanigans at the Maine GOP Convention

The cheating is being orchestrated by Romney's/Bush's top lawyer.
    We interrupt our regular reporting on the corruption in the autism epidemic, to report on the corruption in the Romney for President Campaign.

So this was my day:

I think that the guy is an actual Romney campaign guy. After the video was finished, I saw him outside the venue and confronted him. He had changed his shirt as to become stealthy I guess? Not working.

I asked him who he was and he would not tell me. Where he got the slate and he said he didn't know. Why he put me on the slate and he said he didn't know.

Back in the convention hall I asked him again for his name, and no go. He was not wearing any credentials, which I am pretty sure is verboten.

2nd Video: Who Wears a Red Shirt and Cheats for Mitt Romney? - YouTube

I am sure we will find out who our friend is who thinks so highly of me that he wanted me to go to Tampa.

I really hate corruption. Seriously. It bothers me.

UPDATE:

So Sunday at the convention Mr. Redshirt had a name badge on. I am told it was a volunteer badge, the first name was Charlie, and that the paper was folded or something so you could not see the last name.

As an aside, I did run as an alternate delegate on the Paul slate on Sunday, and was elected. So I will be going to Tampa.

The interesting thing is that the list of people running as alternates on Sunday, had not been released on Saturday, and yet several of the people, including me, who were on the fake slate on Saturday, where the ones who would be running as alternates on Sunday. So did the Romney campaign get the Paul alternate slate the day before it was released by the Paul campaign?

Update:

Romney campaign had their top lawyer there, Benjamin Ginsberg, one of Bush's laywers during Bush v. Gore. NO WONDER the convention was so delayed! I heard Romney's
    lawyers were arguing every point, I didn't know they had this level of commitment to ramming Romney through in Maine. News report on the event, and Romney's fight for Maine. Good information, but most importantly it contains footage of me in better lighting.

Video 3: Maine Convention Threats to Unseat Ron Paul Delegates - YouTube

And frankly, if Ginsberg is in Maine to fight like hell for our piddly little four electoral votes, you know Romney co is seriously afraid of the fact that Ron Paul is picking up so much steam.

Update:

I am told that the man at the mic who was nominating all the people on the fake ballot (not shown on the footage) was David Sorensen (http://www.linkedin.com/pub/david-sorensen/29/939/2a7), policy aid for the Maine House of Representatives. His picture certainly looks like the man I approached at the mic to ask why he nominated me. I would feel more comfortable if we had video
    confirmation though. Anyone have footage of him nominating people?

Reading Sorensen's twitter feed, it seems likely that he is the guy. He clearly has the requisite contempt for Ron Paul supporters needed to try to sabotage their delegates.

It really bothers me that people in Maine government feel so comfortable speaking so poorly of a significant percentage of his fellow Mainers and his own political party (Didn't Paul garner a third of the votes at the Maine Republican Caucuses? Romney 39% and Paul with 34%.) I want grown ups running my government and setting policy, not contemptuous frat boys who look down their nose at the unwashed masses.

I also wanted to comment on the reception that the delegation got from Charlie Webster following the convention. Afterward, the elected delegation met outside with Webster and I was expecting it to be a bit stressful. I was pleasantly surprised at how congenial he was. He was very cheerful, said he knew that there would be a challenge to the delegation, but "that doesn't have anything to do with me," and "I will fight for this group." He said we should go ahead and start making plans to elect a chair for our delegation and make plans to go to Tampa.

I was very encouraged by this, and taking him at his word. I hope that this is a sign that the current Maine GOP leadership may warm to the idea that the Paul camp is here to stay, and hope that this will be the beginning of a better relationship between the groups. We will see! (another update: Charlie says the same thing on camera, and calls the convention, "Exciting" http://www.wabi.tv/news/29907/republican-chair-charlie-webster-answers-critics. "The way I look at this an election was held. We're going to fight to get our delegates seated in Tampa, that's our position. That's what we're ready to do.")

However it is pretty clear that the RNC has already chosen Romney, in violation of their own rules, and that they are likely going to work with Romney's lawyers to prevent the Maine delegation from being seated in Tampa.

Video 4: Ben Swann Reality Check 5/3/12 - YouTube

Little ole' Maine is now the tipping point on the new guard/old guard fight. What the RNC does next is going to make or break the Republican party. They can either come to terms with the fact that The Ron Paul movement (because this is not completely about Paul or Romney) is growing exponentially and is now breaking through the barriers that the establishment politicos and media have constructed, and welcome them into the fold as equal members and partners, or the party will have to go to war with itself.

If they do the former, it WILL engender good faith and engender trust in the Republican party. It will tell the American people that they are ready do deal with the ugly and messy problems that they had a hand in creating.

If they do the latter, they will decimate the party.

Your move RNC.

UPDATE:

I have received requests for more videos on this. I have two other pieces that are support items for this story. I was going to put them in the initial video, but was trying to keep it short and get it uploaded quickly. Testimony from two other delegates to what was happening on Saturday afternoon:

Video 5: Maine Ron Paul Supporter Given Fake Voting Slate - YouTube

Video 6: Maine GOP Conventioner Describes Romney Tricks - YouTube

Update: Confirmation that it was David Sorensen that nominated the fake slate. From Chris Dixon:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?375411-Maine-GOP-sabotage-Maine-House-Policy-Aide-involved

David Sorensen, a Policy Aide for the Maine House of Representatives, is confirmed as one of the Romney operatives. He took the floor to push a false delegate slate of Paul supporters in effort to divide our vote.

Two Paul supporters pressed Mr. Sorensen at different times. The first one did so outside of a County Convention room and asked him why he was pushing the slate. The response was that it was a tactic to divide the Ron Paul vote and that our people did it, too. This is false. A Paul slate was introduced to kick off nominations and that was the ONLY peep out of Paul supporters on the floor next to refusing nominations that Sorensen made. When this point was made, Sorensen kept repeating this point.

Mr. Sorensen then, upon being pressed, confessed to the division tactic, as well as the tactic to stall the convention to waste time.

Another Paul supporter had pressed David Sorensen on it, asking if he had created the false delegate slates. He denied it.

Mr. Sorensen is a Policy Aide with the Maine House Republican Office, thus having a direct connection to the Maine Republican Party. Because these two discussions happened one-on-one, there is no conclusive way to prove these words. But the proof is on the books, before the entire convention, that Mr. Sorensen did advance the slates forth.

The issue was raised by State GOP chairman Charlie Webster on the second day that if we run over 6pm, the party will be on the hook for $10,000 per hour. In the end, we were there until after 8pm.

As 6pm rolled around, it became clear that we wouldn't make it. District 2 convention was still in progress and the votes from District 1, which had run all day, were still in progress. The day was also behind schedule because GOP Platform and National Committeepeople votes were scheduled to happen on the first day, but was prevented because of multiple recounts on Convention Secretary and a highly-contested Convention Chair seat.

Representative Aaron Libby promptly took the floor and urged Paul supporters to donate money on behalf to cover the fees. Because he was a different district, he was correctly asked to leave the floor. Representative Jeff Timberlake then took over and made urged people to donate a little each.

The fact still remains however:

There is question that an individual, directly associated with the Maine Republican Party, deliberately engaged in stall tactics that not only propelled the convention into chaos, but put the Republican Party on the hook for $20,000.

...but Ron Paul people are the bad guys? You be the judge.

Update (Tuesday morning):

Got a note this morning with more info on Charlie. He does work for the Mitt Romney campaign according to Conor O'Brian, who lives only one town over from me:
    Ginger I have posted regarding your video with the fake slate guy that indeed 'Charlie' was a Romney person. I was a volunteer Ron Paul vote counter from Bath and that dude was one of the Romney observers. I was in the counting room on every count as was he. On the last recount I (Conor O'Brien is my name), sat across from a Ron Paul observer named John Hawk Cry (or something like that) and to my left was Charlie. By this time I knew he was a fiend but wanted to dig a little bit for info. He was originally from California but now lives in the Boston area.

Update (Wed afternoon):

Apparently the RNC Parliamentarian that was working with Brent Tweed to run the meeting said that everything was done by the book, which makes the Romney challenge to seating the Maine Delegation at the RNC a bit more difficult. And as that particular parliamentarian was an editor on the book on Roberts Rules, I am guessing he has some street cred on that issue.

Update:

Safe to say that "Charlie" is employed by the Romney Campaign. This was posted to the Daily Paul today http://www.dailypaul.com/232160/charlie-the-maine-fake-slate-guy:

Charlie, the Maine fake slate guy

Submitted by ph pearse on Wed, 05/09/2012 - 18:25

Ron Paul 2012

Maine

I just googled Benjamin Ginsberg, Romney's lawyer....I was one of a few counters left at the end of the day on Sunday. Mr. Ginsberg came over and said goodbye to our friend Charlie and even commented on him getting back to Boston. This all took place with in two feet of me. The cheating is being orchestrated by Romney's/Bush's top lawyer. Beware states yet to hold your convention, the sore losers will be coming to a theatre near you!

Adventures in Autism: Romney Campaign Shenanigans at the Maine GOP Convention

Romney apologizes for high school 'pranks,' says doesn't recall hair-cutting incident

Published May 10, 2012
    FoxNews.com

May 9, 2012: Mitt Romney speaks in Oklahoma City. (AP)

Mitt Romney apologized Thursday for what he described as "hijinks and pranks during high school," in response to a newspaper story that claimed he and other students pinned down a classmate and cut off his hair back in 1965.

The individual involved was gay, according to the Washington Post story, and was sporting bleached blond hair at the time.

Romney, though, told Fox News Radio Thursday he doesn't recall that specific incident, and certainly did not know the student was gay.

"I don't remember that incident," he said. "And I'll tell you I certainly don't believe that I ... thought the fellow was homosexual. That was the furthest thing from our minds back in the 1960s, so that was not the case."

But he acknowledged playing pranks and teasing other students, and apologized for those that went "too far" -- while noting he is "a very different person" now.
    "Back in high school, you know, I did some dumb things and if anybody was hurt by that or offended, obviously I apologize," Romney said.

"For me, it's about 48 years ago, so, again, if there's anything I said that's offensive to someone I certainly am sorry about that, very deeply sorry about that. But there was no harm intended."

The Washington Post published a lengthy story Thursday about Romney's days at Cranbrook School.

Sourcing several fellow students, the article claimed the young Romney was perturbed by the bleached hairstyle of student John Lauber. Lauber died in 2004 -- the Post claimed to have confirmed details of the Cranbrook School incident with five students.

"He can't look like that. That's wrong," Romney reportedly told a friend after seeing Lauber's hair. According to the story, Romney led a group of students who tackled Lauber while Romney cut his hair off as the student "screamed for help."

While saying Thursday that he didn't recall the incident, Romney said, "I had no idea that this person might have been gay."

Romney apologizes for high school 'pranks,' says doesn't recall hair-cutting incident | Fox News

14 or 15 more States and...

Submitted by chabotjo on Thu, 05/10/2012 - 12:24
    Ron Paul 2012

Kentucky

Ron Paul, right under the noses of the media, the GOP, and ALL detractors with the help of some tremendously passionette patriots has what appears to be control of a MAJORITY of delegates from 11 states going to the convention.

IF we can replicate that same effort with a minimum of 11 to a maximum of 16 more states, then wouldn't the fate be sealed? Romney is a paper fighter and it won't be hard to toss him in the basket. BUT also that would mean, for all practical purposes 50% of the Republican party would be ours to lead. Somebody pinch me. Is this really happening?

14 or 15 more States and... | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

Will Romney even make it to the convention?

Submitted by Wade McShane on Thu, 05/10/2012 - 14:58
    Ron Paul 2012

I believe this may have already come up in conversation, but thought the links in this article were worth posting -

God's Kingdom Ministry - Mitt Romney may have to drop out of the race

05/10/2012

Mitt Romney may have to drop out of the race

On March 6, 2012 Allen Stanford was convicted in a $7 billion ponzi scheme.
    Allen Stanford Convicted In $7 Billion Ponzi Scheme - Forbes

Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney and his son have been implicated in the Stanford case.
    Romney & Son Investigated for 8 Billion Ponzi Scheme - Politicol News

Mitt Romney Entwined with Players In Stanford Ponzi Scheme | Crooks and Liars

Don't be surprised if Romney is one of those arrested shortly. This next election, if held at all, could be quite interesting.
    Exclusive: Romney Family Investment Group Partnered With Alleged Perpetrators Of $8 Billion Ponzi Scheme | ThinkProgress

Will Romney even make it to the convention? | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

Bigger Government in 2012: Romney $2.1 Trillion in Defense Spending, Obama $1.2

The Congressional Budget Office projects ObamaCare’s cost to be about $1.76 trillion. Most conservatives rightly recognize we can’t afford this.

President Obama’s current military spending is about $1.2 trillion.

Mitt Romney’s proposed plan calls for $2.1 trillion in military spending. Romney’s military budget alone dwarfs ObamaCare.

When Senator Rand Paul tried to introduce a budget that would balance the budget in five years, few Republicans stood with him, saying that it “cut” military spending. Sen. Paul’s plan actually called for a military budget the size of what we had in 2006, hardly a barebones fighting force.

When Ron Paul introduced his Restore America Now plan that cut $1 trillion in the first year, conservatives cheered. Paul’s plan even allowed for more military spending than George W. Bush did in 2006. Still, similar to their lack of support for Sen. Paul’s plan, many Republicans said Ron Paul was “cutting” military spending too deeply.

There are no “cuts” to military spending. There are only decreases in proposed increases. Republicans who say otherwise are using the same trick liberals use to say Republicans are “cutting” domestic spending. Our national debt should tell any American that our government has cut nothing in decades.

What’s worse, Romney’s willingness to dramatically increase military spending will be far more than $2.1 trillion.
    Reports CNN:

Mitt Romney is campaigning on a platform that emphasizes less spending, smaller deficits and renewed fiscal responsibility.

But in one budget area, Romney is running the opposite direction. The former Massachusetts governor wants to increase defense spending by leaps and bounds. By one estimate, additional spending would exceed $2 trillion over the next decade…

Romney’s plan calls for linking the Pentagon’s base budget to Gross Domestic Product…

With the Pentagon’s base budget — which does not include war costs… The additional spending really piles up in future years.

“Does not include war costs?” Aren’t those kind of expensive?

If the courts overturn ObamaCare, which looks very likely, Americans are stuck with two presumed presidential candidates who will essentially spend an equal amount of money, thus racking up further deficits and debt.

Ron Paul has stressed time and again that to seriously tackle big government and debt we have to reduce both domestic and foreign spending. Paul’s Restore America Now plan allows for the strongest military force on earth, but within the confines of the Constitution and our budget.

Romney’s willingness to spend far more than our national deficit on just military alone does not bode well for anyone wanting to save this country from imminent bankruptcy.

Americans who now reject Obama also do not want to return to George W. Bush. Romney’s military budget alone spends more than Obama or Bush.

Bigger Government in 2012: Romney $2.1 Trillion in Defense Spending, Obama $1.2 *|*Ron Paul 2012 Presidential Campaign CommitteeRon Paul 2012 Presidential Campaign Committee
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 05-10-2012 at 08:40 PM.

Ron Paul’s Fed Success

It really is amazing how Ron Paul almost single-handedly brought the Federal Reserve issue to the mainstream of American politics. Wolf Tichter at Business Insider wrote on Monday:

You just have to admire Ron Paul for his tenacity and non-flip-flopping straightforwardness—a breath of fresh air in the putrid morass of Washington—even if you disagree with his policies. And while he still can, before retiring from Congress, he is slugging at the Fed again.

This time, as Chairman of the House Financial Services Subcommittee on Domestic Monetary Policy and Technology. The committee, which has oversight authority over the Fed, will convene on Tuesday to weigh six bills to “Reform or Abolish” the Federal Reserve, including his Federal Reserve Board Abolition Act. From the press release:
    “More and more people are beginning to understand just how destructive the Federal Reserve’s monetary policy has been. I hope that this hearing will kick start a serious discussion on the need to rein in the Fed,” said Chairman Paul. “100 years is far too long for Congress to have taken a hands-off approach. The Fed continues to reward Wall Street banks while destroying the dollar’s purchasing power and driving up the cost of living for average Americans. This reckless behavior must come to an end.”
    While his efforts to abolish the Fed have been fruitless, he scored a huge victory—after years of trying, and being shunted aside by members of Congress—when his legislation to slap the Fed with an audit was included in the Dodd-Frank Act. It made possible not just one but two audits of the Federal Reserve System by the Government Accountability Office (GAO).

Though limited in scope, they nevertheless allowed a few rays of sunshine to pierce the Fed’s plantation shutters and illuminate some of the shenanigans, including octopus-like conflicts of interests that twisted their arms around everything during the multi-trillion-dollar bailout mania between 2007 and 2009.

Moving forward, the dangerous policies of the Federal Reserve continue to be recognized as a root cause of our financial crisis.

Americans from across the ideological spectrum should thank Ron Paul for finally shining light on this monstrous institution.

Ron Paul's Fed Success*|*Ron Paul 2012 Presidential Campaign CommitteeRon Paul 2012 Presidential Campaign Committee
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 05-10-2012 at 08:40 PM.

Wednesday, 09 May 2012 05:34

Romney Takes Swipe at Ron Paul’s Budget Blueprint

Written by Michael Tennant

For a man who seems to have the Republican presidential nomination sewn up, former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney’s decision to attack the policies of his only rival who has not dropped out of the race, Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas), is curious indeed. Paul has proposed slashing $1 trillion from the federal deficit in his first year in office and balancing the budget in three years. He has argued that much of this deficit reduction could be achieved by ending America’s overseas military operations, closing foreign bases, and bringing the troops home.

Romney, however, will have none of it, reports the Washington Times.

“My job is to get America back on track to have a balanced budget,” he told attendees at a suburban Cleveland town hall event Monday. “Now I’m not going to cut $1 trillion in the first year,” he added — a clear jab at Paul’s plan.

“Why not, someone in the crowd apparently asked,” according to the Times.

“The reason,” Romney explained, “is taking a trillion dollars out of a $15 trillion economy would cause our economy to shrink [and] would put a lot of people out of work.”

This, of course, is pure Keynesian economics — the idea that the economy cannot grow without massive government spending. History proves otherwise: The economy stagnated while the government spent more and more during the Great Depression, but it took off when federal spending plummeted after World War II.

For all his vaunted business acumen, Romney has apparently forgotten that the government cannot spend $1 trillion without first taking it from the private sector. Therefore, if the government fails to spend that money, it is not being taken out of the economy; it is merely being left in the hands of its rightful owners. As a result, it gets put to use meeting people’s needs and improving their standard of living. When the government takes it, however, it is used to meet politicians’ desires for reelection by redistributing wealth and rewarding political cronies. One trillion dollars left in the private sector will do infinitely more good than that same cash will do when confiscated by government.

That Romney believes money is better spent by bureaucrats than by businessmen is evident from his own budget blueprint. Romney, says the Times, “has laid out a fiscal plan that aims to cap federal spending at 20 percent of GDP and bring the budget into balance by 2020,” taking four more years than Paul to balance the budget and leaving spending as a higher percentage of GDP (Paul has proposed limiting it to 15.5 percent).

Yet Romney’s plan, unlike Paul’s, is light on specifics; and by starting with very modest objectives, he is likely to achieve next to nothing once the necessary political compromises occur. Moreover, even if he were to get everything he claims to want, the national debt would still grow $2.6 trillion by 2021, according to U.S. Budget Watch. Paul, by contrast, would actually reduce the debt by $2 trillion, the organization calculates.

In addition, while Paul is unafraid to confront the military-industrial complex — “The one thing we have to come to realize is military spending is not equivalent to defense spending,” he said last October — Romney is a full-throated supporter of it. The Times notes that he “opposes cuts to military spending, which currently accounts for about 18 percent of federal outlays.” Romney, the paper continues, “drove the point home” at a Virginia campaign stop last week, where he said “he will add new ships to the U.S. Navy, add new aircraft to the Air Force and add 100,000 active duty personnel.” Thus, Romney not only has declared almost one-fifth of the federal budget off limits but also has proposed expanding it — hardly the mark of a serious budget cutter.

Why, one wonders, has Romney decided to distance himself from Paul’s budget proposals at this time? Is he trying to assure the electorate at large that, unlike his most conservative rival for the GOP nomination, he is a moderate who won’t threaten any of their favorite government programs? Or is he trying to send a message to the Paul camp, to wit: No matter how many convention delegates your man racks up — and Paul has been doing quite well for himself in this regard lately — his ideas will not be considered by either the Republican Party or a Romney administration?

Whatever the reason for Romney’s sudden urge to denounce Paul’s plan, it provides further evidence that the GOP is once again preparing to offer voters no real alternative to the Democratic candidate for President. It was, after all, Obama’s then-budget director, Jacob Lew, who declared in February that “the time for austerity is not today.”

Romney, it appears, is an echo, not a choice.

Romney Takes Swipe at Ron Paul’s Budget Blueprint

Similar/Related Articles

1. It’s Romney vs. Ron Paul in Maine Caucuses
    2. Ron Paul slams Newt for fudge claim: ‘I balanced the budget’
    3. Ron Paul Tied In Second With Romney For Iowa
    4. Ron Paul scores big wins in Hancock and Washington counties but statewide total doesn’t top Romney
    5. Perry, Romney, Paul: Gallup Numbers Show GOP Nomination Is Three Way Race
    6. US budget gap widens, tops $1 trln for 3rd year
    7. Ron Paul: No Coordination With Romney
    8. Romney Sinking, Ron Paul Surging In New Hampshire
    9. Mitt Romney ‘Wins’ The Maine Caucuses, Unless Ron Paul Actually Won Them
    10. Fox News Pulls Poll Showing Ron Paul Debate Victory, Claims Mitt Romney Won
    11. Six Romney Family Members Hit Campaign Trail… For RON PAUL
    12. Ron Paul Second Only To Romney In Obama Match Up
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 05-10-2012 at 08:33 PM.