Page 424 of 740 FirstFirst ... 324374414420421422423424425426427428434474524 ... LastLast
Results 4,231 to 4,240 of 7393
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Ron Paul on the Issues

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Joyce Riley Interviews Charlie Daniels for "Behold A Pale Horse" America's Last Chance

Submitted by Cynthia on Wed, 05/09/2012 - 22:12
    Videos

Joyce Riley Interviews Charlie Daniels for "Behold A Pale Horse" America's Last Chance

A documentary film by Chuck and Anita Untersee & Hosted by Country Music Legend...Charlie Daniels!

Joyce Riley Interviews Charlie Daniels for "Behold A Plae Horse" America's Last Chance - YouTube

Retired Three Star GENERAL BOYKIN, actor MARK COLLINS, Hollywood film industry veteran CHUCK UNTERSEE & the one and only Charlie Daniels join The Power Hour LIVE this morning to introduce the new documentary they are a part of "Behold A pale Horse" America's Last Chance.

VIEW The AMAZING TRAILER AT: Behold A Pale Horse - General Audience Trailer on Vimeo

The Power Hour is pro Ron Paul! You can listen to The Power Hour at The Genesis Communications Network - The Power Hour with Joyce Riley

YouTube: Joyce Riley Interviews Charlie Daniels for "Behold A Pale Horse" America's Last Chance | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 05-10-2012 at 08:51 AM.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

☛Romney Investigated for Two Felonies, Could End Presidential Run ~ Sentencing of First Convict June of 2012

Submitted by Daddy WarBucks on Wed, 05/09/2012 - 19:22
    Daily Paul Liberty Forum

Felony # 1
    -
    Romney Under Investigation for a Felony, Could Disqualify Presidential Hopeful

Waukesha County District Attorney Brad Schimel today opened an investigation into the “Subs-for-Votes” scandal. Yesterday while wrapping up his Wisconsin tour the Romney Campaign bought $500 worth of Cousin’s subs to encourage the crowd to hit the polls and vote for Romney. Unfortunately for Romney there are a few things that you can’t do on election day in Wisconsin, and Rep. Paul Ryan who was arm-in-arm with with Romney throughout the ordeal neglected to tell the presidential candidate that the distribution of goods on election day is illegal.

Source: The Libertarian Review (Romney Under Investigation for a Felony, Could Disqualify Presidential Hopeful | The Libertarian Review)

Felony # 2

GOP Threw 2012 Election to Obama in 2009, Multi-billion dollar ponzi scheme involving Romney and Son

So to review, we have Mitt Romney coughing up $10 million to help start a firm that hired three brokers who sold bogus CDs for Stanford Financial and made some decent money on the deal, too. Not only that, but Spencer Zwick the lead fundraiser for Romney’s campaign is a principal in the Solamere Capital firm along with these Stanford brokers. Spencer Zwick does business as SJZ, LLC, and has been paid over $2 million in fees by the Romney campaign.

Since sentencing of the first convict begins in June of 2012, it is guaranteed to blow up as a major campaign issue leading into August, September and November of this year, and will affect the GOP campaigns.

The criminal fraud not only of Madoff and Stanford, but of the major banks and Wall Street firms has so overwhelmed the economy of this country that voters will be hard pressed to give the office to one so deeply connected to these evils.

GOP Threw 2012 Election to Obama in 2009, Multi-billion dollar ponzi scheme involving Romney and Son | The Libertarian Review

☛Romney Investigated for Two Felonies, Could End Presidential Run ~ Sentencing of First Convict June of 2012 | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

RNC still touting Romney

Submitted by ODIrony on Thu, 05/10/2012 - 06:03
    Politics & Law

South Carolina

Last night I received a call from the RNC. The caller said he was calling on behalf of the RNC, "Mitt Romney and all the other candidates". I asked him why he singled out Romeny by name, why he didn't say "Mitt Romney and Ron Paul". He argued with me that Dr Paul was included in the phrase "other candidates". I asked him how many other candidates were running for president. "None, they all dropped out." I asked why mention Mitt by name at all. He said, "Because he's got 700 delegates". I told him to wait until the Convention and watch the first vote.

By now the caller and I were both pretty heated. I told him Priebus should resign because he was violating the RNC's own rules, I had voted Republican since the Reagan days and was ashamed of the party because of the dirty tricks they were playing in the state conventions and caucuses. I concluded by telling him I was only giving money to Ron Paul until after the November election.

Not surprisingly, as I was noting that the caller should get an honest job, he hung up on me.

C'est la vie!

RNC still touting Romney | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

Romney will not have the nomination, even with 1,144 delegates, not even close

Submitted by meowmixeater on Fri, 04/13/2012 - 23:31
    Ron Paul 2012

Suppose for a second Romney secures more than 1,144 delegates before the national convention. Does that make him the official nominee? No it does not.

He only becomes the nominee after the first vote at the convention. He needs 1,144 delegate VOTES at the convention to become the nominee.

What everyone is afraid of is that they think if he secures 1,144 delegates its all over when its really not even close. They think that once you have a bound Romney delegate you are forced to vote for Romney. You dont.

If a good chunk of Romney delegates are really stealth Paul supporters they can all abstain on the first vote thus keeping Mittens from acheiving the nomination altogether and creating round two - aka brokered convention.

Once we have that its an easy victory.

Right now our main focus should be to make sure all stealth paul supporters who are Romney delegates know that they need to abstain for the first round.

We can still very much win this. We just need a small chunk of them to abstain and we have a brokered convention. Romney will need way more than 1,144 delegates to win.

Romney will not have the nomination, even with 1,144 delegates, not even close | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

Mitt Romney's 1981 arrest and 4 other times he lost his cool

Submitted by celeste on Wed, 05/09/2012 - 07:53
    Daily Paul Liberty Forum

Interesting "well-guarded temper."

Fans of truly explosive political fireworks may have been disappointed when the seemingly unflappable Mitt Romney won the Republican nod to face the famously no-drama President Obama. But flashes of Romney's well-guarded temper have made cameo appearances on the campaign trail, and BuzzFeed's Andrew Kaczynski just unearthed a gem from Romney's past: A three-decade-old arrest for clashing with a law officer. Here, a look at that tale and four classic "Mitt-frontations" (as his family calls them)

Mitt Romney's 1981 arrest and 4 other times he lost his cool - The Week

Mitt Romney's 1981 arrest and 4 other times he lost his cool | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

A message to Newt Gingrich and Rick Santorum supporters

Submitted by Ian56 on Thu, 05/10/2012 - 07:36
    Daily Paul Liberty Forum

If it were not for the total and shameful bias shown by Fox News towards Romney it would now probably still be a four way fight.

Santorum would have been declared the winner in Iowa immediately.

Newt would have won Florida (Fox suppressed the Newt Damon fraud ad) and Romney would have been really floundering.

Take away Romney's cash and GOP election rigging and it would have been a straight 3 way fight without Romney, between candidates with similar levels of resources. A fair fight not one bought by Fox media bias and bankers, Bain and NuSkin cash.

Romney cannot beat Obama in November. Romney is so unpopular even amongst Gop voters and so poor a candidate with so much baggage still unaired, that he cannot beat Obama as poorly positioned as Obama is.

A jailbird from Texas recently challenged Obama in the Democratic selection and got 40% of the vote to Obama's 60%. Romney does only slightly better than a Texas jailbird on current polls.

Romney is going to get absolutely slaughtered in November. It's not even close.

Electoral College map - current state of play :-
    Ian56: Electoral College Maps - Romney CANNOT win UPDATED 05/09 to Include Karl Rove's assessment

Newt and Rick's recent endorsements of Romney were about the most luke warm and barbed that I have ever heard.

So the question to Newt and Rick supporters - delegates and voters is :-

Are you going to toe the line and support Romney, picked by Fox and unseemly wealthy backers, who will be slaughtered by Obama in November.

Or are you going to stand up for yourself and do something else and get a Republican in the White House not Obama?

N.B. Romney baggage.

Obama's going to use it plus some more, almost all of it is unknown to the general public. Fox never aired it.
    Ian56: Mitt Romney Information

A message to Newt Gingrich and Rick Santorum supporters | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

Ron Paul Might Actually Win Republican Nomination (Yes Seriously)

byJ Vincent Burr
    May 7, 2012
    in Politics
    9 Comments
    These results might not mean what you think.

After the Republican Party County Conventions held here last week, something has started to become increasingly clear – Mitt Romney does not have the Republican nomination for President secured. This may come as a surprise to many, but the primary voting on February 28th was essentially a beauty contest. Mitt Romney won 41.1% of the vote and Ron Paul won 11.6% of the vote, but the delegates are the ones that actually pick the candidate and the delegates will not be determined until the state convention on May 18th-19th.

Here’s how it works – first there is a primary where the voting is open to the public. This is what happened on February 28th and this was what received all of the media attention. It didn’t take long for various media outlets to project Mitt Romney as the winner, and by the next day we got the projections that Romney had been awarded 16 delegates, Santorum received 14, and Ron Paul and Newt Gingrich received none. This is where the confusion comes in.

The media projects delegates based on vote totals from the primary, but that is incorrect and inaccurate. Delegates are actually selected at county conventions which were held statewide on May 3rd. Then, a number of those delegates are selected to go on to the state convention which is May 18th-19th, and then from that pool of delegates, 30 are selected to go to the national convention where they will cast their vote for the nominee.

Almost one million people cast a vote in February for the Republican candidate of their choice, but only 30 people actually get to vote at the Republican national convention in August, and those 30 votes are the only votes that count. Those 30 people are the ones that Ron Paul has been targeting this whole time – not the one million people in the primary whose votes don’t actually count. This was the strategy used by Warren Harding and it got him elected President despite being relatively unpopular in the general voting. Now you see why Mitt Romney is getting nervous and the Republican Party is trying everything they can to ignore Ron Paul.

It’s unlikely that Ron Paul will get a majority of the 30 delegates from Michigan, and because of state party rules certain numbers of delegates are bound to vote for Mitt Romney in the first round of voting at the national convention. So the strategy that Ron Paul has been following is to get as many of his supporters on the slate of delegates even if they are bound by state party rules to vote for Romney. It remains to be seen how many Michigan delegates support Ron Paul, all we know for sure is that the official numbers are completely inaccurate.

Since a candidate needs 1,144 delegates to win the nomination at the national convention, any Ron Paul supporters that are bound to Mitt Romney can simply abstain from voting, thereby denying Romney enough delegates in the first round of voting. Then a second round of voting is required and all bound delegates are thereby released and allowed to vote for anybody they want. At that time, Ron Paul supporters will be free to vote for Ron Paul thereby guaranteeing that the Romney delegate total will decrease significantly in additional rounds of voting.

Delegates can even vote for other candidates that have suspended their campaigns (in case you were wondering why candidates “suspend” their campaign rather than “end” it – that’s why). This would be a disaster for Romney and at that point nobody knows what will happen. Nobody can deny that Romney appears to have very little support in the Republican Party and a brokered convention would probably destroy his chances of winning the nomination. After all, if he were going to be the candidate, it wouldn’t make it to a brokered convention in the first place.

Making matters worse, with Ron Paul still in the race the Republican National Committee is required not to show favoritism to any candidate. According to rule #11 found here, the party is not allowed to contribute money or any aid at all to one candidate over another. This rule seems to have been violated by RNC Chairman Reince Priebus on April 25th when he released the following statement indicating that the national party was lining up behind Romney, despite Ron Paul still being in the race:

“Governor Romney’s strong performance and delegate count at this stage of the primary process has made him our party’s presumptive nominee,” Mr. Priebus said. “In order to maximize our efforts I have directed my staff at the R.N.C. to open lines of communication with the Romney campaign.”

“It’s my intention to have a seamless and complete merger between the presumptive nominee and the Republican National Committee,” Mr. Priebus said. “That means political, communications, fund-raising, research and the chairman’s office, along with the governor’s main operational team, are completely merged.”

According to Republican Party rules, Ron Paul is entitled to those same fundraising efforts, and if we know anything about Ron Paul supporters they are going to hold the party to those rules. And Mr. Priebus better be careful or he may end up being replaced by a Ron Paul supporter too.

Ron Paul Might Actually Win Republican Nomination (Yes Seriously) | Michigan Standard

The "Anyone but Obama" Mentality and Why It Is Destroying our Political Process!

Submitted by principle_first on Thu, 05/10/2012 - 09:33Ron Paul 2012

I do not support a second term for Barack Obama. With that said, I want to comment on this "anyone but Obama" mentality that seems to be a popular campaign slogan for the Republican party. I have a lot of beef with this. It is not because I don't agree that Obama is steering this country in the wrong direction. It is because I don't believe that any Republican would be better than him. This kind of logic says - at least to me - that the Republican party is the answer. I have no faith in any party and this logic only strengthens the two party system which I despise greatly. "Anyone but Obama" is an ambiguous statement that has no meaning to me. I don't want just anyone. I want a president with principles and who respects our individual liberties.

People need to question their allegiances to their parties. The Democrat/Republican seesaw that has been our political process for over a century is a problem that has been destroying this country from the inside out. I'm no scholar when it comes to history but you might benefit from reading George Washington's farewell address. He speaks about the growing influence of political parties in detail. He argues that political parties must be restrained in a popularly elected government because of their tendency to distract the government from their duties, create unfounded jealousies among groups and regions, raise false alarms amongst the people, promote riots and insurrection, and provide foreign nations and interests access to the government where they can impose their will upon the country (Wikipedia "George Washington's Farewell Address"). This is coming from the first president of the United States. Wake up people! Something has got to change! We can no longer 'hope' for it or it will never come!
    ____

Related: How many of you in here pledge to *never* back Romney?

The "Anyone but Obama" Mentality and Why It Is Destroying our Political Process! | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

Good Article by Tom Mullen: Why can't Romney win delegates like Ron Paul?

Submitted by saxgroovez on Thu, 05/10/2012 - 12:53
    Ron Paul 2012

TAMPA, May 10, 2012 – With his wins in Maine and Nevada last weekend and imminent wins at state conventions in six more states, it appears that some of us were correct when we said over a month ago that rumors of Ron Paul’s campaign demise were greatly exaggerated.

The media continues to insinuate that there is not only something underhanded about Paul’s strategy, but something fundamentally wrong with what Politico describes as “the country’s cumbersome and arcane system for nominating presidential candidates.” According to this narrative, Paul’s supporters are “undermining democracy” by using said “arcane rules” to nullify the wishes of the electorate.

continued here Why can't Romney win delegates like Ron Paul? | Washington Times Communities

Good Article by Tom Mullen: Why can't Romney win delegates like Ron Paul? | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012