Page 533 of 740 FirstFirst ... 33433483523529530531532533534535536537543583633 ... LastLast
Results 5,321 to 5,330 of 7393
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Ron Paul on the Issues

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 5 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 5 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    IMPORTANT! From Paul Campaign State Organizer

Submitted by Walty on Sun, 06/10/2012 - 00:09

Daily Paul Liberty Forum
    Texas

The Texas State Organizer for the Paul Campaign has requested that YOU do not make our delegates into targets for the establishment!

If you want to list the number of Paul delegates and/or alternates in your Texas CD, DO NOT GIVE THE CD number!

If you say there are 2 delegates in CD#"X", they will be able to find out who they are and cause these people problems!

DO NOT GIVE out any State wide delegate totals (Yes, I know no one even has this yet, but if you figure it out, DO NOT give it out).

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE RELEASE ANY NAMES! PLEASE allow our delegates anonymity!

Look at what has been done to known Paul supporters in other states! Arrested, broken bones, displaced hips, punches, etc., they do not need problems.

It will all be written about years from now, but from here to Tampa BE QUIET! Loose lips sink ships!

There has already been too much info released!

I realize everyone wants to know so they can cheer our success, but we had the success we had BECAUSE we were low key, under the radar at the convention.

Which is the best way to win by the way, coordinated, organized, and low key!

IMPORTANT! From Paul Campaign State Organizer | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 06-10-2012 at 03:34 AM.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

FOCUS: Here's a little post to help settle everyone down...

Submitted by pawnstorm12 on Sun, 06/10/2012 - 00:48
    Daily Paul Liberty Forum

PRESIDENT PAUL or NO ONE AT ALL!
    PRESIDENT PAUL or NO ONE AT ALL!!
    PRESIDENT PAUL or NO ONE AT ALL!!!
    PRESIDENT PAUL or NO ONE AT ALL!!!!
    PRESIDENT PAUL or NO ONE AT ALL!!!!!
    PRESIDENT PAUL or NO ONE AT ALL!!!!!!
    PRESIDENT PAUL or NO ONE AT ALL!!!!!!!
    PRESIDENT PAUL or NO ONE AT ALL!!!!!!!!
    PRESIDENT PAUL or NO ONE AT ALL!!!!!!!!!
    PRESIDENT PAUL or NO ONE AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!
    PRESIDENT PAUL or NO ONE AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!
    PRESIDENT PAUL or NO ONE AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!
    PRESIDENT PAUL or NO ONE AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    PRESIDENT PAUL or NO ONE AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    PRESIDENT PAUL or NO ONE AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    PRESIDENT PAUL or NO ONE AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    PRESIDENT PAUL or NO ONE AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    PRESIDENT PAUL or NO ONE AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    PRESIDENT PAUL or NO ONE AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    PRESIDENT PAUL or NO ONE AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    PRESIDENT PAUL or NO ONE AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope that helps - Sure makes ME feel better!

FOCUS: Here's a little post to help settle everyone down... | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 08-13-2012 at 04:58 PM.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

4409 - The Truth Why Rand Paul Endorsed Romney?

Submitted by 4409 on Sun, 06/10/2012 - 02:00
    Ron Paul 2012

Is Rand Paul a compromising Judas goat fraud neo-con?

4409 - The Truth Why Rand Paul Endorsed Romney? | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

Linguistic analysis of Rand Paul's endorsement of Romney contradicts his words: Rand Paul is disgusted with him!

Saturday, June 09, 2012
    by Mike Adams, the Health Ranger
    Editor of NaturalNews.com (See all articles...)

(NaturalNews) In the aftermath of the shock and the overwhelming feeling of betrayal following Sen. Rand Paul's endorsement of Mitt Romney for president, most people are trying to understand WHY it happened. But to my knowledge no one has yet analyzed the linguistics, the intonation and the micro-expressions that Rand Paul delivered as part of his announcement, because they may provide even more information than his words.

Here, I offer a brief linguistic and micro-expressions analysis of Rand Paul's delivery of his announcement. What you'll see here is that even Rand Paul is disgusted with his own endorsement.

Watch his announcement here:
    Rand Paul endorses Mitt Romney (Hannity, 6/7/12) - YouTube

Linguistics and intonation
    If you watch Rand Paul deliver his announcement, pay particular attention to the part where he says:

But you know, now that the nominating process is over, tonight I'm uh happy to announce that I'm gonna be supporting Governor Romney.

During this entire sentence, his voice and intonation stay relatively high, in the "optimistic" range, including as he's talking about his father. But the minute he utters the words "Governor Romney," two things happen:

• The pitch of his voice drops sharply.
    • The strength of his voice tapers off, almost as if the last part of "Romney" has no power behind it.

The overall feeling associated with this delivery is one of disgust. It's almost as if Rand Paul is describing someone he is disappointed with or despises.

He most certainly did not do the things you would expect to hear if he were excited about Romney:

• Raising the pitch of his voice.
    • Increasing the strength of his voice. "Government ROMNEY!"
    • Smiling.

That these telltale signs are completely absent, and that he instead dropped both the pitch and power of his voice, tells you that Rand Paul does not himself believe what he is saying!

He sounds disappointed in himself and very much uninspired about Romney. It is delivered as a surrender to disgust. This is hardly the tone we would expect to hear from someone who is excited about the endorsement.

Again, watch Rand Paul's announcement to follow what I'm explaining here:
    Rand Paul endorses Mitt Romney (Hannity, 6/7/12) - YouTube

Talking about his father vs. talking about Romney
    There is also a subtle but very real difference between the way Sen. Rand Paul talks about his father versus talking about Romney. Here are the overriding emotions as he speaks:

Happy, confident, expressive:

My first choice has always been my father, I campaigned for him when I was eleven years old, he's still my first pick...

Reserved, cautious, neutral:

..but you know now that the nominating process is over, tonight I'm happy to announce that I'm going to be supporting...

Depressed, disgusted:

Governor Romney.

Micro-expressions analysis
    Immediately after Rand Paul utters "Governor Romney," his face freezes. His usual pattern of rapid blinking and eyebrow hikes grinds to a virtual halt. He goes "stone cold" for a few seconds.

He only smiles again when Sean Hannity mentions his father:

If you didn't support your father, by the way, I would really question...

Rand Paul SMILES (i.e. he likes his father)

The logic
    From there, Sean Hannity asks Rand Paul why he decided to support Mitt Romney. The answers that Rand Paul gives make no sense.

He starts out by citing a completely irrelevant, distracting "similarity" which is that both himself and Romney have fathers who once ran for President. Huh?

This is entirely irrelevant to his politics, philosophies and beliefs. Saying you would endorse someone for President because their dad did something that your dad also did strikes of a fabricated, poorly-thought-out series of excuses scripted as talking points.

Then he goes on to say that Governor Romney comes from "a big family" which is just like his own big family. Huh?

Does Rand Paul really think the American people give a damn how big his family is? What they want to know is how these bureaucrats are going to restore liberty and freedom for ALL families. The "big family" comparison is yet another scripted talking point.

He then goes on to say something that finally makes sense, that Romney and he share "family values." That's a reasonable point of discussion.

After that, he goes into total spin mode, describing how he met and talked with Romney, and how Romney was "very supportive" of the idea of auditing the Fed, but that claim doesn't mean anything, especially when Romney is a banker globalist.

Sen Rand Paul's endorsement for Romney has more deceptive layers than Obama's birth certificate
    What does all this means? If this linguistic and micro-expressions analysis is to be believed, it means Sen. Rand Paul despises Mitt Romney. That, in turn, means he held his nose and made a deal. Whether that deal is for a possible VP spot is being hotly debated right now, but it seems clear some kind of deal was made.

This is the very reason why Rand Paul is being berated by his (former?) support base: You don't make a deal with the devil! Perhaps Alex Jones said it best in this up-front, uncensored and aggressively stated special video message to Rand Paul and Ron Paul:

Prison Planet.com » Ron Paul, Don’t Destroy Yourself

Other explanations behind all this include the possibility that the Paul family was threatened with assassination, and the endorsement was the only way to avoid being killed (it happened to Ross Perot, remember?).

Either way, it nevertheless remains astonishing that the son of Ron Paul would, with his own lips, utter an endorsement for such a status quo globalist like Romney, especially given that Romney practically wrote Obamacare, which has remained one of the most offensive pieces of legislation ever witnessed by those who value liberty.

Is Rand Paul plotting to insert himself as a double agent?
    The word on the street is that Rand Paul has just destroyed his political career. But I say don't count him out yet. There remains a possibility he's acting as a double agent, working to get inside the system and attempt to affect change from within. This well-intentioned plan almost never works out, however, as even those with the most ardent belief in liberty sooner or later get sucked into the system, compromised, and turned to the dark side.

It is the system itself that is broken, corrupt and defunct. This is the very point of Lew Rockwell, who explained in a recent interview with RT that the government itself is always the problem, and that no government can rescue the People from the problems of government:

http://www.prisonplanet.com/lew-rock...and-paul-are-d...

(By the way, I just recently completed a video interview with Lew Rockwell, and that interview will be posted early next week.)

Lessons for us all: There is NO compromising with globalists!
    In watching Rand Paul seemingly destroy a huge portion of his own support base literally overnight, there is a lesson here for all of us who fight for liberty: We only exist due to the support of our fellow fans and supporters.

And, just as importantly, any of us can lose it all in 24 hours if we openly betray our fellow Americans.

In a very real sense, people like myself, Alex Jones, Adam Kokesh, Lew Rockwell and others are literally just one interview away from destroying our own credibility if we were stupid enough to betray the People.

I get this. I know Alex gets it, too. Adam gets it. Lew Rockwell is unflinching in his philosophical opposition to large government. People like us aren't about to sell out to anyone, but watching Rand Paul flame himself out of high orbit is a stark reminder to us all: Anyone who betrays the People will instantly lose their street cred. And from that, recovering any credibility is very, very difficult.

Personally, I completely agree with Alex in saying there is no compromise allowed. No doing deals with the devil. If we support liberty, we must deny our support for those who oppose it. We must never allow ourselves to become part of the very system that is destroying our economy, our liberties and our future. It is widely acknowledged now -- even on the political left -- that Obama is a traitor to America, but there is no indication that Romney wouldn't be even worse. He's practically a white version of Obama, with much the same platform: Government-run socialized medicine, high taxes, War on Drugs, secret military prisons, banker bailouts, gun confiscation and so on. Having Romney runs things in Washington will produce no better results than we've already seen over the last four years. It may even be worse, if you can imagine that.

I am not yet denouncing Sen. Rand Paul, as I still hope there is a double agent aspect to his actions and that somehow he will emerge as a defender of liberty. In my view, his track record has at least earned our patience in observing this situation a little longer. However, if Rand Paul continues down this path without explanation, it is all but clear he will destroy his political career and lose virtually his entire support base -- the very people who put him in the U.S. Senate in the first place.

As with all lovers of liberty, my patience is running out, and I'm beginning to think Lew Rockwell was right all along: All government is inherently evil and destructive, and that we are all foolish to think government can ever be changed through elections.

Stay informed! FREE subscription to the Health Ranger's email newsletter
    Get breaking health news + a LIFETIME 7% discount on everything at the NaturalNews Store
    Join two million monthly readers. Email privacy 100% protected. Unsubscribe at any time.

Articles Related to This Article:
    • Ron Paul warns police state in America "growing out of control" after U.S. Senator Rand Paul unconstitutionally detained by TSA

• Breaking news: US Senator Rand Paul offers surprise amendment to rein in FDA abuses, disarm the FDA, decriminalize free speech

• TSA detaining Sen. Rand Paul violates U.S. Constitution

• Sen. Rand Paul launches campaign to end the TSA, privatize airport security

• Grassroots Internet freedom movement slams GoDaddy.com, lawmakers for their support of SOPA

• Gardasil mother speaks out: SANEVAX vaccine injury victim support line

Related video from NaturalNews.TV

Your NaturalNews.TV video could be here.
    Upload your own videos at NaturalNews.TV (FREE)

About the author: Mike Adams is a consumer health advocate and award-winning journalist with a mission to teach personal and planetary health to the public He has authored more than 1,800 articles and dozens of reports, guides and interviews on natural health topics, impacting the lives of millions of readers around the world who are experiencing phenomenal health benefits from reading his articles. Adams is an independent journalist with strong ethics who does not get paid to write articles about any product or company. In 2010, Adams created NaturalNews.TV, a natural living video sharing site featuring thousands of user videos on foods, fitness, green living and more. He also founded an environmentally-friendly online retailer called BetterLifeGoods.com that uses retail profits to help support consumer advocacy programs. He's also the founder and CEO of a well known email mail merge software developer whose software, 'Email Marketing Director,' currently runs the NaturalNews email subscriptions. Adams volunteers his time to serve as the executive director of the Consumer Wellness Center, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, and enjoys outdoor activities, nature photography, Pilates and martial arts training. He's also author of numerous health books published by Truth Publishing and is the creator of several consumer-oriented grassroots campaigns, including the Spam. Don't Buy It! campaign, and the free downloadable Honest Food Guide. He also created the free reference sites HerbReference.com and HealingFoodReference.com. Adams believes in free speech, free access to nutritional supplements and the ending of corporate control over medicines, genes and seeds. Known by his callsign, the 'Health Ranger,' Adams posts his missions statements, health statistics and health photos at HealthRanger.com

Learn more: Linguistic analysis of Rand Paul's endorsement of Romney contradicts his words: Rand Paul is disgusted with him!

Linguistic analysis of Rand Paul's endorsement of Romney contradicts his words: Rand Paul is disgusted with him!

Texas GOP Convention Chair admits the state cannot bind delegates to Romney

Submitted by Peggy R on Sun, 06/10/2012 - 15:27
    Delegates

Watch this video. Apparently Texas passes an amendment to unbind the delegates but is does not take effect until 2016, Then a woman asks at about 5:20 of the video if the State rule of binding delegates overrides the National and he says NO! Woooo Hoooo

Texas GOP Convention Chair admits the state cannot bind delegates to Romney | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 06-10-2012 at 04:44 PM.

Government Control and Market Intervention

Submitted by Republicae on Sun, 06/10/2012 - 13:28

It is, without doubt, possible to overlook or simply ignore those things which are not very obvious in our daily lives, it is this fact that makes many of the actions of our government possible. Actions of government in the area of economic markets, which, must include the primary economic medium of exchange: money, will always, without exception, create interference within the forces that normally function within the market. It is the sole aim of government to influence not only the market, but also the behavior behind the market through such intervention, such interferences always alter market forces, distorting them and in most cases hindering the natural flow of such forces to the point that the market system is thrown into economic chaos. Like money, most government intervention seeks to direct consumption that would not otherwise be a market directed choice, in a very similar fashion as the government seeking to direct, through legal tender laws, the use of its monopoly fiat paper money substitutes.

As these distortions continue there is a growing amount of economic dislocation of normal resource allocations, direct market signaling systems are misdirected into areas that would not otherwise be present or prevalent in the market itself. Since the aim of government intervention into the market is not simply a economic, but a social interference, directing certain social agendas with a political basis in its origin, we can assume from such a conclusion that there is, based on this official aim, a motive to created a controllable society in which they government is the primary source of all economic and thus social forces within the country.

While that might sound a bit conspiratorial, the fact is that it is simply the character of government, especially when it reaches a particular point in its evolutionary growth, to assume such a position of bureaucratic control. Such events are not novel to history, but quite common in all large civilizations; Ancient Rome being the most notable and perhaps the most comparable. As in the decaying Roman Republic, our Republic, long lying upon its deathbed, has been subjected to the same type of government mentality. Our government appears to be equally as eager to keep up appearances of one of republican ideas of liberty and freedom, all the while subverting those very vital principles through directing the forces of economic and monetary markets to achieve a social and political goal that is not consistent with the principles upon which this Republic was founded.

As with all government interference and regulation, the purpose appears to be to use such interference and regulation as a means to an end, but not the end itself, for the actual purpose of all interference and regulation is subservient to the ultimate goals of control. While we are sold on the idea that such interference and regulation is protective, the fact is that the goal is an indirect encroachment on the rights of the individual to make individual choices based on his or her own decisions and needs.

This government has assumed an old and ancient ideology, strangely as it might sound, as its creed, that being the “Divine Right of Kings”, for Kings of old thought themselves divinely appointed to care for their subjects and to direct the lives of their subjects, whether just or unjust, based on the divine direction they assumed to be correct. For ultimately, this divine right provided the Kings of old with such a degree of divine wisdom that their decisions were essentially beyond reproach and beyond the ability of the King’s subjects to question. Thus, the providential guardianship of the King over his helpless and unknowledgeable subjects presented a degree of power that would not have otherwise been available to the King. The same is true about our own government, especially today. Today, our government assumes essentially what could easily be considered as “Divine Right” over its “kingdom” and operates under the assumption that it knows what is best for its subjects.

This extends, not only to government regulation and interferences into the physical markets, but also this government has, for decades, been on a quest to even control the mental, spiritual and moral makeup of the country; while not directly imposing a government authorized moral system, there are, through the control of economic forces, a degree of control over the ability of the individual to choose what to believe, how to behave and what to think. The government assumes to know what is best, what type of money is best, which type of businesses are best, what type of consumer goods are best, What is good and not good for your body, what manner of speech is proper and correct, what mental attitudes are acceptable to society; it is a means to an end, and that end is and has always been controlled regimentation, conformity and compliance!

In the eyes of government bureaucracy, the ideal would be to remove all determination from the individual to make choices in his consumption of goods and services, in his ability to think for himself, to have a type of censorship that only allows for the individual to think that which is generally acceptable to the whole of society, of course, what is acceptable to the whole of society has been engineered through decades of gradual compulsory regiments, each building one upon the other, all with the goal of a collective conformity of purpose. We talk about the dumbing down of the American public, but we fail to understand that has simply been one of the methodical processes of control that the government bureaucracy has implemented in its quest for placating and thus dominating the independent spirit of the individual. This government has evolved into what other governments throughout history evolved into, that being a Paternal Organization set to develop the public opinion with a defined belief system, one that is ultimately compliant with and supportive of government without the necessity to question its directives.

It is therefore, essential that any hint of free market decision-making be eliminated, for once a person cannot longer determine his own choice in consumption, then the individual becomes essentially a ward of the State. Likewise, the assault on the idea that there is a Right to Private Property is an equally essential component of the overall directive of control. When the government can issue money substitutes that cannot, by definition, be considered the actual real property of the bearer, then the remaining directives become easier to establish. Government intervention and thus interference in economics is the main avenue utilized by government to implement its controls over the population. What has happened and is happening is nothing short of a longer version of a communist revolution; instead of a radical violent revolution, the same effects can be achieved through a gradual introduction of what amounts to communism through incremental government directives, regulations, prohibitions and induction training in public opinion, i.e. “political correctness”.

Never assume that there is not a political and social purpose behind the governments programs, which directly interfere with market forces, whether it is through regulation, monetary creation and manipulation. It is evident that through such interference into the markets, businesses and entrepreneurs are systematically forced to actually change the way they do business from market induction to government bureaucratic dictates. Business must take its signals from a distorted view of the market, one that is regulated and controlled instead of the market signals them. Instead of obeying market directives, which actually generate a market result, businesses must obey a plethora of government regulations that are so immense that even the regulators cannot adequately discharge their regulatory duties and can rarely properly interpret the very regulations they are responsible to enforce. Far from being a negative for government regulators, such vagueness is necessary for it provides government with a broadness of implementation and an “out” when such policies are questioned.

Such bureaucratic systems are always subject to corruption, this is true anytime actual market forces are interfered with and controlled. Under normal free market conditions, fraud is short-lived due to the fact that there are signals given that alert the consumer of corruption early. Under a system where government intervenes and interferes with market processes, fraud becomes easily hidden since the market signaling process is distorted through government intervention and the regulatory processes employed. It is also essential to understand that any system that employs force to achieve a goal will always create an atmosphere where few will profit from many, income distribution is always stratified through such systems of bureaucratic controls and intervention.

Opportunities become very limited due to regulated competition, entrepreneurship becomes increasingly difficult to compete in business where regulation favors government patronage and connections. There can be no possible way to insure an equitable field of opportunity under such systems, as a rule there are those few therefore, who will prosper at the expense of the majority of individuals. As we have seen, risk becomes socialized while profits remain privatized which, is a complete distortion of market principles where risk and profits are always a private combination of business.

It can be observed therefore, that there is simply no possible method by which the bureaucratic regime can exert such power with any degree of fairness or equitable distribution of opportunity. There is the assumption, by those in government, that it is within the power of government to implement changes in the market that will actually produce equitable results, thus the exercise such power under that assumption, but reality points to a very different set of results.
    Government intervention into the markets is based on certain assumptions. Most bureaucrats tend to view the public with a condescending eye, one that sees the public as needing direction and guardianship. Thus, government becomes the social worker and policeman of the population. It is this attitude that permeates bureaucracy and provides the excuse for more and more intervention into individual lives, organizing the individuals through classifications and groupings, stratifying the population into distinct and separate classes all for the purpose of social control.

Under such bureaucratic systems, normal legal values are tossed aside and replaced with a regulatory mentality that implies the superiority of a “higher law”, this ideology began in this country during the Administration of Lincoln and it has simply ballooned to the point that we are subject to the arbitrary interpretation of “higher law” rather than the actual Law de jure. Social construction is paramount to the bureaucratic regime, and it is employed through a variety of means, but primarily through intervention into the market processes, controlling and directing both production and consumption. Since the advocates of the “higher law” must mete out a form of justice that is rarely equitable, they do so under the pretense of equality and fairness for the public good.

Thus, those who advocate free markets, liberty and freedom of the individual are seen and described as opponents of equality and the public good. They are portrayed as greedy and selfish because the assumption is that the public good cannot be advanced under a pure market system where government is not involved with intervention to create what it imagines as beneficial to the “many” rather than the “few”, but the very system promotes exactly the opposite of what the pronounced intention is and how it is promoted. The assumption by government bureaucrats is that all forms of exploitation can be eradicated through government intervention yet, with this assumption there comes a blindness that prevents those in power to understand that they actions create far more exploitation than it can ever eliminate.

Of course, with these assumptions come the efforts to equalize both income and wealth, thus all manner of redistribution schemes find its way into legislation, whether it is through various taxation or programs. Anyone seeking to actually improve their lot, to actually embark on a path of success where income may be considered above average is castigated as greedy and shameful, detrimental to the public good and the equitable cause of “higher law” and “social justice”.
    It is therefore, the character of interventionism to foster corruption, there is after all, nothing but the arbitrary decision-making process of bureaucrats to determine the application of what might be considered fair and just, for the Law de jure has been neutralized throughout the system.

Essentially, while we all know that the free market doesn’t provide a “free lunch” that is exactly what the government bureaucratic system seeks to provide, all at the expense of the actual producers in the controlled market. The bureaucrats don’t understand that in all forms of market expression, resources are always scarce, thus anytime any good, whether it is a consumable good or even money, the consumption of that good will always, as it must, come at the expense of someone. The government, through its various means of control, does not appear to understand that fact, or if it does understand it, it assumes the power to disrupt such market forces with an artificial construction seeking to replace market principles with a planned system, centralized and consolidated.

The government however, can never be an actual producer and can only siphon off productive activity and in the process it ultimately destroys any productive results to the point that the entire economic system eventually enters a state of failure. Not only that, but since the government and its intervention cannot possibly account for actual economic calculation, the system goes into dystrophy, its artificial monetary substitution system loses economic potency, the entire structure enters various stages of decay that befuddle government economists because they have been so indoctrinated into the official government assumptions rather than the economic reality that the market will always seek to restore.

It is therefore, ultimately impossible for such a mercantilist market to remain stable, there are simply far too many distortions created by the system itself to remain viable. Since government intervention cannot adequately reproduce economic calculation, all of its efforts of control over the market culminate in social and economic destruction.

As was mentioned in the beginning of this essay, the government is seeking to displace market choice and yet, since all markets deal with the scarcity of resources it is impossible for the government to implement a system where choices are completely eliminated. Since choice determines price or costs within the market, the governments attempts to restrict or limit choice, thus competition, within the market through regulation displaces normal market signaling systems, creating more and more distortions leading to economic dislocations, the misallocation of resources and ultimate economic failures.

As such intervention increases, and it is a natural process of intervention to exponentially increase without much effort, the whole process eventually becomes an exercise in futility, an absolute absurdity. Of course, bureaucrats don’t understand that the entire free market system of private property and the enterprise to achieve wealth is absolutely the best method of bringing about a higher level of living standards far the greatest bulk of the population. The problem, in the eyes of bureaucrats is that they don’t understand that life is life, it is not fair, it is not an equal playing field, nor will it ever be, despite all the efforts of government intervention to transform the system into one where all people have the very same opportunity to achieve the same living standards. The idea of equal opportunity is itself a misapplication of an ideology that simply cannot exist in real life. The ideal that opportunity is a factor of life that can manage, controlled or transformed is fundamentally flawed in its conception, yet government bureaucrats are seeking to equalize something that cannot be equalized or managed.

Though the government assumes it has both the ability and the power to manage and manipulate markets through various types of intervention, it fails to understand that it is the market that creates civilization. Through the interventionist policies of government essentially the government is setting up its own demise. The government appears to believe, at least evidenced by its actions, that there is an alternative to the free market system, but there is none, there is only the alternative of market distortions created by such intervention. Government bureaucrats appear to believe that the markets are the product of human design, and while it is definitely true that the market is the product of human action, it is far beyond human design. Government intentions to manage and manipulate the market defies the fact that the market, just as money, emerged in history as a pure phenomenon of unintended consequences, all in the pursuit of the self-interest of human action throughout the course of mankind’s history. Money, like the market, has no artificial substitutes.

Carl Menger explored the subject of the emergence of money within markets, it emerged as a phenomenon of trade, as did the market itself. Money is simply the most tradable good, the most competitive commodity to emerge to suit the necessity as the most tradable good was gold and silver, history proclaims the success of gold as money through several thousands years of utility. There was no intention to make gold or silver into money, it was simply the competitive nature of the markets making the most useful and efficient choice.

The first and foremost weapon in the governments arsenal in pursuing market manipulation therefore, was real money, it had to be displaced before all other market principles could be manipulated and somewhat managed. Thus the demonetizing of gold and silver were a priority of government interventionists. Without such steps it would be virtually impossible for the government to implement the vastness of social controls, all the while expanding its own scope of power. The incremental revolution that has taken place over the decades is astounding when viewing it for what it really is and how it has progressed. With the advance of this interventionist system, there has been a growing and perhaps more pronounced hostility toward the free market in general and capitalism specifically, this hostility has been intentionally crafted, for without it the systems of control could not possibly continue to be implemented. It is easy to see this hostility around the world, yet it is obvious that such hostility is artificially constructed and is based on a total ignorance of market principles. All one need do is listen to the rhetoric within the public arena to see that it is based on ignorance, but it is exactly that ignorance that is useful to this government.

If you have noticed recently there have been many in the public arena that have heaped praise on the Chinese model of “capitalism” yet, for all the praise, they neglect the obvious and that is that the Chinese model is actually a failure that will be exposed soon enough. Yet, such praise is actually nothing more that ploys to further implement more bureaucratic controls and management over our own economy. These bureaucrats are delusional in their understanding and their faith in the power of their actions verses the power of the market to seek to correct the distortions they create.

There are many within our government who actually believe that a mercantilist form of socialism actually represents advancement over the free market, that such a system is superior, at least ethically superior, to any market production that is based upon private profits. Unfortunately for those who hold such wayward beliefs, their system can never function to the degree that success would be sustainable for a long period of time, nor could it produce the necessary standard of living to maintain popular satisfaction. They seek to make their fantasy of a government induced free lunch possible while rejecting the only type of market that can provide a higher standard of living for the masses which is the free market unhindered by government interference and intervention.

Government bureaucrats cannot seem to grasp the grand nature of the free market, that it is essentially unplanned order in the highest degree; since they have no understanding of how something can be unplanned and yet ordered, they seek to place their particular brand of order upon it, but their alternative planned order only displaces market order and creates, in its wake, economic and social destruction.

It is, without doubt therefore, these extremely irrational tendencies of government that pose one of the greatest threats to our civilization, in particular our liberty and freedom, as well as our well being. If there is any consolation it can be found in the fact that the system that they have created is rapidly falling into a state of total disrepair, the question will be for all of us, is what type of world will we choose to rebuild after the collapse of this artificial system of control?

Government Control and Market Intervention | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

Tampa here we come

Submitted by Teafortwo on Sun, 06/10/2012 - 13:39
    Ron Paul 2012

Doc says "go to Tampa and make your voice (vote) heard."

4409 on u toob says Go to Tampa and make your voice heard loud and clear.

Doc says 200 bound delegates are going to Tampa for Paul and SEVERAL HUNDRED MORE who are liberty-minded.... hint. (RE-READ THE EMAIL)

FOCUS ON TAMPA. PICK YOURSELF UP AND DUST YOURSELF OFF. We can still win it.

Be on our best game by being rested and well fed. No partying or boozing. Watch every move the GOP makes. GOP will try trickery. LET'S ROLL WITH IT.
    Put the signs back up and have some faith. Losing a battle doesn't mean we lose the war. Doc said that again in his TX speech. hint. Let's Roll!!

I'm arriving a couple days ahead of time so I get acclimated and you should too. We need to be on our best game and sharp as a tack. So many other conventions people were jet lagged and not paying attention to trickery.

Doc says we have never had this kind of opportunity before and we need to do it. ONWARD TO Tampa. BE A PART OF HISTORY Bump me up?

Tampa here we come | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

Ron is going to be president whether he likes or not.

Submitted by liberty_because on Sun, 06/10/2012 - 14:52
    Ron Paul 2012

It's our decision.

Ron is going to be president whether he likes or not. | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 06-10-2012 at 04:55 PM.

I Endorse Ron Paul

Submitted by carol lynn on Sun, 06/10/2012 - 14:01
    Daily Paul Liberty Forum

Millions will write Ron Paul on the presidential ballot.

Dr. Paul has taught an entire younger generation what it is to have uncompromising integrity, to stand alone against the political mob. In the future many of these youthful supporters will step forward to lead with courage and unfailing integrity, following in the footsteps of Dr. Paul

Ron Paul is a HERO in the eyes OF THE YOUNGER GENERATION, and in my eyes as well, a man many would be proud to emulate.

I do believe Ron Paul IS a fighter. He may not use fists but he uses his intelligence and wisdom. He is a man of self control and that is more to be admired than someone who loses his cool.

Ron Paul does NOT play games, and he does not play politics. He is a breath of fresh air in the stagnant waters of the present political quagmire, with its empty sounding words mouthed for gain, and the pasted on phoney smiles.

This is a lost global civilization, and one man stands alone in refusing to join the crowd of lost souls who seem to worship power and profit above all else. I am proud to stand with Ron Paul. So are many in the international community.

I ENDORSE RON PAUL AND HIS SUPPORTERS

I Endorse Ron Paul | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

Ron Paul Answers All of Our Questions

Submitted by fonta on Sun, 06/10/2012 - 12:53
    Ron Paul 2012

...or at least the ones that matter in his speech before the Texas convention. If you are confused or find yourself doing 180s, listen again and again to Ron Paul's speech to the Texas Convention.

1. Had his family been threatened or had his beloved son sold out (both of which would have been known to RP prior to delivering this speech), what was his response?

There was more energy, conviction and wisdom in this speech than any he has ever given. In fact, for those who say he is not a great orator (or that any members of his family are better), take another listen. This, in my opinion, was the most explicit and honest assessment of where we stand that I have ever heard. Not only was it delivered with absolute conviction...and defiance...it was empowering and motivating. Therefore, if (1)...what was Ron Paul's response? In YOUR face. I stand on principle as I always have and you must also.

2. Will RP endorse Romney for party unity against O'Bama?

While asked to speek to the convention on (a) the economy and (b) party unity, Ron Paul stated that as serious as the financial crisis, he would put the attack on civil liberties even higher AND as far as party unity he said, "if you bring people together for the wrong ideas...what good is it?". Again, in YOUR face.

3. What does RP think of the election system...his run for President..and the validity of the whole process that leads to Tampa?

He said he voted for Ronald Reagan in '76 .... in the LAST convention that was actually about electing a candidate. How in YOUR face GOP was that?

Rand is really another subject. (I have my thoughts on that based on what Rand did not say instead of what he did say.)

Ron Paul is in a very difficult position right now. We all want to know the truth about Rand's endorsement from his father's mouth. I do not think we are going to hear that and, if not, I think we have to be okay about it. In fact, to Ron Paul I say...this time silence may well be golden. It is okay to say nothing.

Why?

One, this is his son. Two, this family may well have been threatened like Ross Perot.

Considering the courageous stand RP made in the Texas speech, the most courageous stand he can make right now is ....to say nothing. Have faith in us to carry on to Tampa.

Let's keep the Paul family safe. What good is unity if it is for the wrong reasons. Back our delegates. Back Tampa. Bank the new twist on the Tampa music festival. Back each other and, most of all, let Dr. Paul know this was not in vain. We get it!

Ron Paul Answers All of Our Questions | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012