Page 532 of 740 FirstFirst ... 32432482522528529530531532533534535536542582632 ... LastLast
Results 5,311 to 5,320 of 7393
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Ron Paul on the Issues

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Rand Paul Endorses Corporatist Warmonger Mitt Romney

Published on Jun 7, 2012 by HappyPundit

Just found out that Rand Paul endorsed Mitt Romney

Follow me on twitter @happypundit
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Rand Paul Endorses Mitt Romney!

Published on Jun 8, 2012 by ReviewManify
    Rand Paul Endorses Mitt Romney!

I can't believe this garbage! He might as well endorse Obama too!

Rand Paul endorses Mitt Romney (Hannity, 6/7/12)
    Rand Paul endorses Mitt Romney (Hannity, 6/7/12) - YouTube

Nevertheless, we gotta keep thing going for Ron Paul! Let's Make Elektable viral on June 28!!

Worldwide Premiere For Ron Paul Film "Elektable" Is Thursday, June 28th at 7PM
    Worldwide Premiere For Ron Paul Film "Elektable" Is Thursday, June 28th at 7PM - YouTube

Subscribe to JeremyRichterFilm
    JeremyRichterFilm - YouTube

Listen to some truth!

Rand Paul Don't Join The Dark Side! Rand Paul: Don't Join The Dark Side! - YouTube
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Rand Paul Jumps In Bed With Romney!

Published on Jun 8, 2012 by amy2x

Rand Paul's decision to endorse Mitt Romney as Republican candidate for President is causing a firestorm of outrage amongst Ron Paul supporters, who are accusing the Kentucky Senator of selling out to the political establishment. (READ Paul Joseph Watson's ARTICLE AT THIS LINK) » Ron Paul, Don’t Destroy Yourself Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!
    __________________________________________________ _________

Webster Griffin Tarpley says that Ron Paul is working secretly with Mitt Romney, and that Ron Paul's people were represented at Bilderberg. TARPLEY.net Webster Tarpley is a philosopher of history who seeks to provide the programs and strategies needed to overcome the current world crisis. As an activist historian he first became widely known for his book George Bush: The Unauthorized Biography (1992), a masterpiece of research which is still a must read.

http://www.prisonplanet.tv

Alex Jones' InfoWars.net: Manning the guns in the fight against tyranny

Prison Planet.com

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheAlexJonesChannel

(New Section Added to Prisonplanet.tv)
    Welcome to Prison Planet TV

http://twitter.com/#!/realalexjones

SIGN UP FOR A MEMBERSHIP (FULL ACCESS to all files and content on PrisonPlanet.tv) https://prisonplanet.tv/signup.html

Linguistic analysis of Rand Paul's endorsement of Romney contradicts his words: Rand Paul is disgusted with him!

Saturday, June 09, 2012
    by Mike Adams, the Health Ranger
    Editor of NaturalNews.com (See all articles...)

(NaturalNews) In the aftermath of the shock and the overwhelming feeling of betrayal following Sen. Rand Paul's endorsement of Mitt Romney for president, most people are trying to understand WHY it happened. But to my knowledge no one has yet analyzed the linguistics, the intonation and the micro-expressions that Rand Paul delivered as part of his announcement, because they may provide even more information than his words.

Here, I offer a brief linguistic and micro-expressions analysis of Rand Paul's delivery of his announcement. What you'll see here is that even Rand Paul is disgusted with his own endorsement.

Watch his announcement here: Rand Paul endorses Mitt Romney (Hannity, 6/7/12) - YouTube

Linguistics and intonation
    If you watch Rand Paul deliver his announcement, pay particular attention to the part where he says:

But you know, now that the nominating process is over, tonight I'm uh happy to announce that I'm gonna be supporting Governor Romney.

During this entire sentence, his voice and intonation stay relatively high, in the "optimistic" range, including as he's talking about his father. But the minute he utters the words "Governor Romney," two things happen:

• The pitch of his voice drops sharply.
    • The strength of his voice tapers off, almost as if the last part of "Romney" has no power behind it.

The overall feeling associated with this delivery is one of disgust. It's almost as if Rand Paul is describing someone he is disappointed with or despises.

He most certainly did not do the things you would expect to hear if he were excited about Romney:

• Raising the pitch of his voice.
    • Increasing the strength of his voice. "Government ROMNEY!"
    • Smiling.

That these telltale signs are completely absent, and that he instead dropped both the pitch and power of his voice, tells you that Rand Paul does not himself believe what he is saying!

He sounds disappointed in himself and very much uninspired about Romney. It is delivered as a surrender to disgust. This is hardly the tone we would expect to hear from someone who is excited about the endorsement.

Again, watch Rand Paul's announcement to follow what I'm explaining here: Rand Paul endorses Mitt Romney (Hannity, 6/7/12) - YouTube

Talking about his father vs. talking about Romney
    There is also a subtle but very real difference between the way Sen. Rand Paul talks about his father versus talking about Romney. Here are the overriding emotions as he speaks:

Happy, confident, expressive:

My first choice has always been my father, I campaigned for him when I was eleven years old, he's still my first pick...

Reserved, cautious, neutral:

..but you know now that the nominating process is over, tonight I'm happy to announce that I'm going to be supporting...

Depressed, disgusted:

Governor Romney.

Micro-expressions analysis

Immediately after Rand Paul utters "Governor Romney," his face freezes. His usual pattern of rapid blinking and eyebrow hikes grinds to a virtual halt. He goes "stone cold" for a few seconds.

He only smiles again when Sean Hannity mentions his father:

If you didn't support your father, by the way, I would really question...

Rand Paul SMILES (i.e. he likes his father)

The logic

From there, Sean Hannity asks Rand Paul why he decided to support Mitt Romney. The answers that Rand Paul gives make no sense.

He starts out by citing a completely irrelevant, distracting "similarity" which is that both himself and Romney have fathers who once ran for President. Huh?

This is entirely irrelevant to his politics, philosophies and beliefs. Saying you would endorse someone for President because their dad did something that your dad also did strikes of a fabricated, poorly-thought-out series of excuses scripted as talking points.

Then he goes on to say that Governor Romney comes from "a big family" which is just like his own big family. Huh?

Does Rand Paul really think the American people give a damn how big his family is? What they want to know is how these bureaucrats are going to restore liberty and freedom for ALL families. The "big family" comparison is yet another scripted talking point.

He then goes on to say something that finally makes sense, that Romney and he share "family values." That's a reasonable point of discussion.

After that, he goes into total spin mode, describing how he met and talked with Romney, and how Romney was "very supportive" of the idea of auditing the Fed, but that claim doesn't mean anything, especially when Romney is a banker globalist.

Sen Rand Paul's endorsement for Romney has more deceptive layers than Obama's birth certificate

What does all this means? If this linguistic and micro-expressions analysis is to be believed, it means Sen. Rand Paul despises Mitt Romney. That, in turn, means he held his nose and made a deal. Whether that deal is for a possible VP spot is being hotly debated right now, but it seems clear some kind of deal was made.

This is the very reason why Rand Paul is being berated by his (former?) support base: You don't make a deal with the devil! Perhaps Alex Jones said it best in this up-front, uncensored and aggressively stated special video message to Rand Paul and Ron Paul:

Prison Planet.com » Ron Paul, Don’t Destroy Yourself

Other explanations behind all this include the possibility that the Paul family was threatened with assassination, and the endorsement was the only way to avoid being killed (it happened to Ross Perot, remember?).

Either way, it nevertheless remains astonishing that the son of Ron Paul would, with his own lips, utter an endorsement for such a status quo globalist like Romney, especially given that Romney practically wrote Obamacare, which has remained one of the most offensive pieces of legislation ever witnessed by those who value liberty.

Is Rand Paul plotting to insert himself as a double agent?

The word on the street is that Rand Paul has just destroyed his political career. But I say don't count him out yet. There remains a possibility he's acting as a double agent, working to get inside the system and attempt to affect change from within. This well-intentioned plan almost never works out, however, as even those with the most ardent belief in liberty sooner or later get sucked into the system, compromised, and turned to the dark side.

It is the system itself that is broken, corrupt and defunct. This is the very point of Lew Rockwell, who explained in a recent interview with RT that the government itself is always the problem, and that no government can rescue the People from the problems of government:

http://www.prisonplanet.com/lew-rockwell-ron-paul-and-rand-paul-are-d...

(By the way, I just recently completed a video interview with Lew Rockwell, and that interview will be posted early next week.)

Lessons for us all: There is NO compromising with globalists!

In watching Rand Paul seemingly destroy a huge portion of his own support base literally overnight, there is a lesson here for all of us who fight for liberty: We only exist due to the support of our fellow fans and supporters.

And, just as importantly, any of us can lose it all in 24 hours if we openly betray our fellow Americans.

In a very real sense, people like myself, Alex Jones, Adam Kokesh, Lew Rockwell and others are literally just one interview away from destroying our own credibility if we were stupid enough to betray the People.

I get this. I know Alex gets it, too. Adam gets it. Lew Rockwell is unflinching in his philosophical opposition to large government. People like us aren't about to sell out to anyone, but watching Rand Paul flame himself out of high orbit is a stark reminder to us all: Anyone who betrays the People will instantly lose their street cred. And from that, recovering any credibility is very, very difficult.

Personally, I completely agree with Alex in saying there is no compromise allowed. No doing deals with the devil. If we support liberty, we must deny our support for those who oppose it. We must never allow ourselves to become part of the very system that is destroying our economy, our liberties and our future. It is widely acknowledged now -- even on the political left -- that Obama is a traitor to America, but there is no indication that Romney wouldn't be even worse. He's practically a white version of Obama, with much the same platform: Government-run socialized medicine, high taxes, War on Drugs, secret military prisons, banker bailouts, gun confiscation and so on. Having Romney runs things in Washington will produce no better results than we've already seen over the last four years. It may even be worse, if you can imagine that.

I am not yet denouncing Sen. Rand Paul, as I still hope there is a double agent aspect to his actions and that somehow he will emerge as a defender of liberty. In my view, his track record has at least earned our patience in observing this situation a little longer. However, if Rand Paul continues down this path without explanation, it is all but clear he will destroy his political career and lose virtually his entire support base -- the very people who put him in the U.S. Senate in the first place.

As with all lovers of liberty, my patience is running out, and I'm beginning to think Lew Rockwell was right all along: All government is inherently evil and destructive, and that we are all foolish to think government can ever be changed through elections.

How Bain Capital Helped BP Blow Up Deepwater Horizon

Posted by majestic on June 9, 2012
    There’s no journalist working today quite like Greg Palast, who ferrets out information that “they” really would rather you didn’t focus on.

Expect plenty more grenades to be lobbed in Mitt Romney’s direction, like this one from GregPalast.com:

I almost fell off the barstool when I read that it was Bain Capital (Mitt Romney, former CEO), that told oil giant BP it was a good idea to cut costs. The cuts would lead to death, mayhem and the destruction of the Gulf Coast (not to mention BP’s poisoning of Alaska, Africa, Central Asia and Colombia).

In 2007, after BP’s criminal negligence and penny-pinching led to the explosion at the BP oil refinery on the Gulf Coast, in Texas City, Texas, the company brought in industry pooh-bah James Baker, their lawyer and former Secretary of State, to write a report. Baker is Big Oil’s BFF, but in this case, he was horrified, and told BP to get its act together and spend some real money on operating safety.

BP didn’t like Baker’s recommendation nor did it like another report by its own consulting firm, Booz Allen Hamilton which advised the company to …get its act together and spend money on safety.

When two respected industry voices agree that you’d better start spending and thinking while you’re operating in a deadly business, a corporation’s CEO has only one choice: find a consulting house of ill repute to contradict the others and tell you what you want to hear.

That’s what BP’s CEO Tony Hayward did. In 2008, he hired Bain Capital to say the company would be better managed if it spent less money. Bain used consulting BS terms like reducing “complexity,” but it all meant the same thing: cut, cut, cut…
    [continues at GregPalast.com]

How Bain Capital Helped BP Blow Up Deepwater Horizon | Disinformation

Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 06-09-2012 at 08:25 PM.

Gerald Celente – Alex Jones Show – June 8, 2010

8 Jun 2012

Representative Government is a Farce

W.A.N. Senior Writer
    Raven Clabough

The Neocons win again. They have successfully boxed out of the election process the only candidate that offered real change involving the restoration of the republic back to its Constitutional foundation: Texas Congressman Ron Paul. And to make matters worse, they managed to provoke an endorsement from Paul’s own son, Senator Rand Paul of Kentucky, who has been enthusiastically viewed by libertarians and constitutionalists as Ron Paul’s heir apparent.

"My first choice has always been my father. I campaigned for him when I was 11-years-old. He's still my first pick," Paul, a founding member of the Senate Tea Party Caucus, told Fox

News' Sean Hannity. "But now that the nominating process is over, tonight I'm happy to announce that I'm going to be supporting Gov. Mitt Romney."

Rand Paul’s endorsement came as a shock to some of Paul’s most devoted followers, who have long campaigned for Ron Paul on the premise of Ron Paul or bust. While many Paul supporters are already planning to mount write-in campaigns for their preferred choice for President, Rand Paul has seemingly resorted to that age-old adage of “the lesser of two evils,” opting for the unconstitutional Republican evil over the unconstitutional Democratic evil.

This is what the American sheeple get for buying into the Red versus Blue debate. Two candidates, two evils, two sides of the same coin.

A close comparison of Mitt Romney and Barack Obama reveals that the two are not as much each other’s foil as the media and parties would like for us to believe. Both candidates support the so-called War on Terror, both support and are supported by big banks, both support liberty-crushing measures like the National Defense Authorization Act 2012 and Patriot Act, and both men support budgets that are projected to add significantly more to America’s national deficit.

Those of us who were actually paying attention recall what leftist globalist George Soros said earlier this year about Barack Obama and Mitt Romney.
    Discussing the possibility of an election between Barack Obama and Mitt Romney, Soros declared, "There isn’t all that much difference except for the crowd that they bring with them."

Those cannot be encouraging words for voters who may have believed that Romney would be the knight in shining armor who was going to rescue us from the throes of Obamanical tyranny and debt.

Meanwhile, Paul’s supporters have been told to celebrate because Paul will have enough delegates at the Republican National Convention in Tampa to “put us in a tremendous position to grow our movement and shape the future of the GOP.”

And while having a significant showing at the convention and throughout the election process has had an impact on political debates and is important in the peaceful Revolution that Ron Paul has led which will advance the doctrine of liberty, there is so little reason to believe that the GOP will ever actually adhere to any new planks that may be added at the convention as a result of the Paul delegates.

Let us not forget that the GOP and the Democratic Party are comprised of people that have long ago disregarded provisions found within the United States Constitution, which is supposed to be the Supreme law of the land. Why on Earth would they adhere to the provisions enumerated within the Republican or Democratic Party platforms? At what point did Party platforms become a more official doctrine to politicians than the Constitution?

Still, liberty lovers must not get discouraged. The 2012 presidential election was just one of many items on the Revolution’s agenda. We need constitutionalist candidates at every level of government, and we need to keep our elected officials on their toes. They must know we are watching and that any violations of our Constitutional rights will be punished at the polls.

We knew it would not be easy, we knew it would not be televised, and we knew it would not happen overnight. But as long as the fire of the Revolution remains within our hearts, it is far from over.

http://wideawakenewsdata.yolasite.co...CB_comment_box
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 06-09-2012 at 11:59 PM.

The Big Texas Takeaway

Submitted by CallMeAnn on Sat, 06/09/2012 - 20:33
    Texas

I really want to post about a huge lesson we learned in Texas. First, no matter what you have read, the numbers are not settled. Be patient and wait for our harried and devoted organizers to finish the evaluation.

Trust us, and know that we did well. That's all I'm confident enough to say.

Here's the point of my post. What success we had was largely achieved through building bridges and coalitions. Our congressional districts are large and it's very hard to bring a straight majority. We had two of our men who had connections to the local Republican Party structure and they found out that there is an old rivalry between the largest county and one of the smaller ones in our CD. Our coodinator capitalized on that by bargaining to give them one and we took two.

That sounds like a pat arrangement but every round of voting included at least six candidates to go against. There was every opportunity for vote splitting and establishment domination. It made ALL difference. The final surprise is that yes, they're all establishment, but there are rivalries to play upon.

My second point is that these relationships will continue and we will take them home to build upon. The fact that we came in with a cooperative spirit went a long way to forge good will and open minds for the future. If God gives us the opportunity to nominate Ron in Tampa, we will need all the support we can get.

So, if you don't have good majorities in your district caucuses, this is the way to maximize your presence and grow it.

The Big Texas Takeaway | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 06-10-2012 at 02:46 AM.

Kentucky GOP State Convention - firsthand account

Submitted by MaxK on Sun, 06/10/2012 - 00:31
    Ron Paul 2012

So we loaded up the truck and went to Cumberlee.. Lakes that is, Kentucky. Swimming pools, fishing holes. Well, that isn't exactly how it was. But the rest of this is.

Anyway, about a three hour trip. Stopped at the Waffle House, and the chef said he liked the Ron Paul hat I was wearing. I get responses like that a lot when I go out - and it shows a lot more support out there for Ron Paul and his ideas than we're seeing the establishment give account of.

Anyway, we end up at our hotel. Someone comments on the Huge Ron Paul magnetic stickers we have on our car at the hotel check-in, so I take them off since we are going incognito. We have no plan really, we're only guests at the convention - and just missed the district conventions - but in Kentucky, any registered Republican can sign up to be a potential presidential delegate - and we made the deadline. Didn't know much what was going on at that point though.

Apparently our hotel room happened to be right next door to a hotel room that Ron Paul supporters were organizing in - what a coincidence. Someone also saw me walking around in a Ron Paul shirt - so much for incognito, and told us about the Ron Paul meeting at Golden Corral. So we go.

A mini-sheet for Robert's Rules of Order was passed around. Spent some time talking about it - and from convention experience, its the important thing if you want to act like a delegate at all. Didn't get to eat much breakfast.

We didn't get much at the convention. The establishment rammed through their delegate list. At one point, it looked like we might have broke the pre-made slate, as about 50% of the delegates voted to forego it on the floor, but then they did something funny with the eye count, which you can read more about in the delegate sub-forum.

Mitch McConnell spoke. yuck. Heard comment that they would use the video presentation at the convention to also promote Mitch. I wasn't so sure myself, because that would look pretty cheesy and make McConnell look self-serving, but sure enough, that's what they used the video for. Delegate on floor also commented on McConnell making himself a district delegate for the state convention, which is unusual.

Had an underage girl in the delegate seating session where only delegates were suppose to seat (and I'm not sure they made any effort to separate alternates out either). Had to complain a few times until I found someone who even cared about their own rules. Lied too etc. Have pictures of it, and also I recorded it - and told them I was recording it, which is about the time they finally agreed to do something about it (and probably didn't do what they said). It may not matter in the end, but they basically don't care about anything. You have about a 10% change of getting them to follow their own rules about anything. Following that thought, there was even a delegate that said that Congress being given the power to declare war was giving Congress too much power?!!# That's the state of the the State conventions on which the Republic relies -- we also had whole counties without any of their delegates there - 0 votes at the State convention.

Some observations - If the party resolutions came first, it would have been better. Although one of our supporters said it was meaningless because it has no effect, the delegates loved to talk and seemed to wake up. They needed to be awake before allowing their political insiders to choose all their delegates for them. It also would have given a chance to make friends and get them used to us - if it came first. It was meaningless - because it came last at the convention.

If we reach out to other delegates who aren't supporters, but just want conventions that are transparent and where the delegates control it instead of everything being railroaded, we might have even taken over the convention. Around 50% voted to choose the delegates on a 1 by 1 basis instead of just voting on the hand picked slate, and that could have applied to the rest of it. One lady stood up and said over 20 years, and she hadn't even realized she could vote on the platform. So people are at least waking up to the fact that they are actual delegates and not robots and have powers. I just hope they figure out they are suppose to be representing us, and have all the power at those conventions. Our supporters become the focal point because they are the only ones that know how conventions are suppose to be run freely.

Rand Paul was listed as the number one delegate slot on the insider - Romney slate. This is suppose to placate us, I suppose, and also I believe the establishment thinks we are now defeated. Unfortunately for them, we aren't going away, and we are a movement, not an idolizer of men. From another perspective, they might not have put Rand on the slate if he hadn't endorsed Romney. I will never endorse Romney.

* Fyi - time for me to put the Ron Paul stickers back on the car.

Kentucky GOP State Convention - firsthand account | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012