Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Americans Forced to Learn to Speak Spanish

I sat and read the article by Mr. Gheen this morning. I thought to myself, "So, Mr. Gheen, tell me something NEW today..". Understand that my thoughts are in no way negatie towards Mr. Gheen or ALIPAC. I've been a supporter since the day I found out about this wonderful, grass-roots organization.
    I am from a border community, and, like others I've seen here who grew up and/or live in one, we've gone unnoticed for a long, long time. Some, like myself, left a border community. When we talk about things that are going on there, people automatically turn their "listening" ears off and ignore the situation. I would strongly advise those people to listen to what we are saying. Learn from the experience of others! Trust me, you don't want to learn this lesson on your own.
    The United States of America is in trouble. Weak-minded, naive, bandwagon-loving attorneys have been elected into governing office. They get their information from the internet and don't understand what it is to live outside of a protected "bubble" of bliss. They blind themselves with money, recognition, and power. They must love the fact that a third world country sees them as their "saviors". Let me tell you, that is a path we have all been warned against since the beginning of time.
    In Laredo, Tx., I was a definite minority. Every single time I applied for a job, I was asked if I could speak Spanish. Every single time I went to any grocery store in the city (HEB, Wal Mart, and chain convenience stores, much less fast food drive thrus, and the stores at the mall), I could find an employee who could not speak English. Spanish IS the predominant language, and you don't hear English being spoken very often. While in school, most of my teachers joked in Spanish with the other kids. When they saw that a student didn't understand a lesson being given, they switched to Spanish (during math, English, biology classes). I have been told (in Spanish, but I am translating a direct quote) "You need to learn to speak Spanish better. This is Mexico." I won't translate what I thought about it, but I always replied "This is NOT Mexico. We are in Texas, and this is the United States." Don't ask about the replies I got after that one. They were vulgar.
    We have always been required to take a foreign language in school. We could choose between Spanish or French. I'm willing to bet that Barack Obama has been practicing his Spanish in anticipation of his running for President. His comment of "American kids learning to speak Spanish" was absolutely appalling. Guess what - not too many people paid attention. That's what's even MORE appalling. Forget he said it - mandatory Spanish classes are in the works if our enlightened, humanitarian-minded government gets its way.
    Mr. Gheen is NOT embellishing the truth. Nor are the people who have experienced what it's like to have people from another country tell an AMERICAN that they deserve something for our sacrifices. Oh, and notice all the banks that are in deep trouble. How many of them were ones that ALIPAC petitioned to NOT extend lines of credit to illegal aliens? BoA, CitiBank, Wells Fargo, to name a few - seem to be in trouble, but NONE are telling us how many of those defaults are due to illegal aliens from Mexico conducting a simple change of the surname - voila! New identity! Chew on that one a bit. Think about what ALIPAC said at the beginning - you know, the parts about how we'd not only be culturally ruined, but we'd also be put into financial ruin. Oh, and the part about Mexico's disgustingly corrupt government that George Bush is going to give BILLIONS to. Their government and military are the ones HELPING the cartels.
    I'm just waiting for the same people who held a "they're just here to make a better life" attitude to ask me to translate for them at the store up here.
    I guess I'm off the soapbox now. Thanks for reading, and keep up the great work!!![/i]

Let others learn English. You learn the language of the country, that is giving you a paycheck, even if you are here illegally. Countries do not change their native language to fit you, but you must change your language to fit the host country. Speak any language you wish at home, but learn English, or go back to where they speak your language.

America is using foreign workers to put native born Americans on the unemployment rolls!!! Big companies are greedy and opportunistic skunks! They pay cheaply, and put the bills for feeding,
    educating,medicating, on the backs of native born Americans. This will be the death of America!

Does Obama speak Spanish? I do speak Spanish, as a second language, but I was not FORCED to learn it. The jobs want people, who speak Spanish as the FIRST language, and it is to keep out Americans.

European countries are so close together, so it easier to speak 2-3 languages or more. Since Mexico earns its money from America, it would
    SMART for them to learn English. I do not earn anything from Mexico, so why should I speak Spanish, unless I want to speak it.

What ever happened to assimilation as part of the process for living in the U.S.? These politicians absolutely sicken me knowing the real reason they do not want voter verification cards. They know these illegals are voting with their fake I.D.’s and those are exactly who Obama is speaking to. If someone does not put a stop to this soon I fear (MOD EDIT) what could be brewing.

Illegal Immigration

I don't understand why, after all the little digs Obama has made against the American people, that the American people still want to vote for him. What is the matter with them? I am sorry, I don't like Spanish, I tried to learn it once, but just was not interested in learning it. I know German. Because it is something I wanted to learn, it was my choice. American English is my native tongue!!! This is America, I have freedom of choice. This is my country and if you don't like the way we do things go back to your own country and if you don't like what your country is doing, change it! Leave my country alone!
    The corporations that out source or hire illegals should be shut down and thrown out of the U.S. The American people are smart enough to do it on their own. We really don't need businesses like that here!
    Our politicians are idiots! Not one of them knows how to stand up for America and the American people! And isn't Obama's birth name Steve? Him and his wife should go back to Indonisia. They don't like America anyway. And McCain should move to Mexico and become a Mexican, we can do without him as well.
    I am so tired of this politically correct crap and I am tired of illegals coming to this country thinking that they can get away with murder, THIS IS MY COUNTRY, GO HOME! We will not take it any more! We are headed for or are in the beginning stages of a revolution! American People are we ready? Vote RON PAUL!!!

ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY!!!

Re: Americans Forced to Learn to Speak Spanish

Quote Originally Posted by Dezbah1911
    I am from a border community, and, like others I've seen here who grew up and/or live in one, we've gone unnoticed for a long, long time. Some, like myself, left a border community. When we talk about things that are going on there, people automatically turn their "listening" ears off and ignore the situation. I would strongly advise those people to listen to what we are saying. Learn from the experience of others! Trust me, you don't want to learn this lesson on your own.
    The United States of America is in trouble. Weak-minded, naive, bandwagon-loving attorneys have been elected into governing office. They get their information from the internet and don't understand what it is to live outside of a protected "bubble" of bliss. They blind themselves with money, recognition, and power. They must love the fact that a third world country sees them as their "saviors". Let me tell you, that is a path we have all been warned against since the beginning of time.
    In Laredo, Tx., I was a definite minority. Every single time I applied for a job, I was asked if I could speak Spanish. Every single time I went to any grocery store in the city (HEB, Wal Mart, and chain convenience stores, much less fast food drive thrus, and the stores at the mall), I could find an employee who could not speak English. Spanish IS the predominant language, and you don't hear English being spoken very often. While in school, most of my teachers joked in Spanish with the other kids. When they saw that a student didn't understand a lesson being given, they switched to Spanish (during math, English, biology classes). I have been told (in Spanish, but I am translating a direct quote) "You need to learn to speak Spanish better. This is Mexico." I won't translate what I thought about it, but I always replied "This is NOT Mexico. We are in Texas, and this is the United States." Don't ask about the replies I got after that one. They were vulgar.
    ![/i]

You are so right--I'm from a small town near San Antonio and often go into the city to see my Mother. Believe me, you don't have to travel to Mexico because Mexico has taken over the city.
    As a nurse, I can also confirm that every employer will ask if you speak Spanish. They won't say that it's required for the job, but you won't get called back if you're an English-only speaker.
    Go out to any store, doctor's office, etc., and you willl hear a babble of Spanish all around you and no English. Claims that immigrants want their children to learn English are just b.s. I had one hispanic employee tell me that her husband won't allow English to be spoken in their home. So all of their children start school not knowing a word of English, and we taxpayers get to shell out extra dough for ESL classes.
    About half of the radio stations and tv stations are in Spanish. I wonder how much longer English will be heard at all in this area?
    All of the illegal aliens in Texas have many children who, of course, are made automatic U.S. citizens; and, when they grow up, they elect legislators who will cater to what they want.
    I truly believe that Texas is lost along with California.

American People are we ready? Vote RON PAUL!!!
    Ron Paul is no longer a candidate. Support Ron Paul, but check out Chuck Baldwin. He got all A's at NumbersUSA on IA's. A vote for Paul is wasted.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

There are so many people in our nation that do not understand or know about what I have written here.

I hope that it helps to open some eyes before it is to late and I hope I have accurately portrayed the information that many of you have presented to me.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Very well written W.

And thank you to the members who have posted their comments based on their life experiences.

Seems a true leader who wants to be president should be a unifier and Obama's comments only add to the division of peoples.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I like what I heard the other evening. People are not coming to the United States or are not in the United States, to end up in Mexico.
    Exactly....if that's the culture and life I wanted to live.....I'd move there or my ancestors would have immigrated there. They didn't, I don't and I don't appreciate it being shoved down my throat.

Go out to any store, doctor's office, etc., and you willl hear a babble of Spanish all around you and no English. Claims that immigrants want their children to learn English are just b.s. I had one hispanic employee tell me that her husband won't allow English to be spoken in their home. So all of their children start school not knowing a word of English, and we taxpayers get to shell out extra dough for ESL classes.
    I have met many immigrants from all over the world and this is the only group who has come here and actually discourage their children from speaking English. So they can spare me the nonsense of them wanting to learn English as well. Some do, but a whole lot more don't. Some may even learn it, yet refuse to speak it and use their language as an excuse to play ignorant or controlling.

"This is NOT Mexico. We are in Texas, and this is the United States." Don't ask about the replies I got after that one. They were vulgar.
    You aren't the first to report the vile and vulgar language used towards Americans because they think we don't know what they are saying. I truely don't ...but there will come a time when they are going to be held accountable for what they are saying. I can see the law suits now!

Senior Member ourcountrynottheirs's Avatar
    I wish the MSM would play the video so Americans can make up their own minds about what Mr. Obama said. As much as I dislike Billary, they were right about one thing...Obama DOES get a free pass from the media. God help us if he is elected president.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast