Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Chexfive
    With the Mass Media influence these so called Republican Bull horns have, they had other choices for conservetive republicans like Ron Paul and Chuck Baldwin but refused to offer these great candidates one minute of air time or promotion.

Maybe its because these candidates aren't into playing favorites or stroking the media personalities with lavish compliments or exclusives but I for the life of me can't figure out why RUSH would sit there day after day and berait McCain, then ask me to go vote for him when there is another candidate out there that believes in the constitution of these United States.
    Outstanding point and well ignored by everyone. The GOP isn't going to change or they would be reaching out to some of the Constitution Party people. The problem is the Constitution Party is not in it for money, but principles, and the GOP sees that as a threat since they can't be manipulated as easily.

As long as the GOP continues to bend over just for money - and panders to individual groups instead of the American people as a whole - they will continue to lose support. Pandering is something the left will always do better than the GOP. The GOP can't win doing it because most Conservatives vote on values not what they individually will get out of it.

I find it funny when the MSM questions some working man who happens to be Conservative and wonders why they won't vote Dem because they'd "get more government handouts" if they did. It's about the principles and values stupid.

Thank you everyone for your comments and good debate. Remember to keep the respect level up for your allies on this issue here.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

DiggersRealm,

Good answer and I totally agree, always the money isn't it?
    Yes, its the only way the politicians can get people to do their dirty work, bribe them, make them submitt and promise there is more where that came from!

I guess thats how we have 20 million people on the government payrolls doing jobs, the only sector thats growing while all others sectors are in major decline.
    Unless we get those criminals & make them pay for what they have done to our country and the lawlessness they have sponsored, we are just another Mexico ourselves!

In everything we say we give away our power. This country does not belong to the Mccains Obama or any of the other money grabbing thieves that we have elected to handle our government, Which I might remind you all they have messed up big time. We own this country and once we make them realize that we can put this country back the way it was ment to be. I agree that we need to scream to washington dc and tell them we want the Barney Franks, Chris Dodd and all the rest of the criminals that have robbed us to be brought to justice, Not their justice, ours
    These people need to be prosocuted for all the damage they have done and all the money they have stolen from us.

Illegal Immigration and the Republican Party

This is one voter, who unfortunately gave generously to McCain's campaign, who now believes the Republican party has so compromised its principles that it is time for Conservatives IN BOTH PARTIES to move on. Newt Gingrich is by no means a perfect person, but his American Solutions is a movement that Conservatives can rally around, not giving another dime to either major party. Maybe if enough people support American Solutions, and of course movements like ALIPAC, then one of the major parties will be swayed. But, I seriously doubt it. The demise of an American political party would not be novel. So much the better if the Republican Party followed the Whigs to a final resting place, and opened the way for a fresh Conservative movement that reflects the values of most of the American people. We can all be confident that the Dems, with Obama in the White House, and with Pelosi and Reid running the majorities in the Congress, will overstep, and pass some things that will be so outrageous that it will help us recover in the next election. But, some permanent damage is likely, thanks to the compromising stewards of the Republican Party.
    AC Falk
    Aiken, SC

McCain swift-boated himself

When I saw Lindsay Graham standing behind John McCain with that hideous grin on his face.......I KNEW IT WAS BUSINESS AS USUAL FOR THE DINOSAURS OF THE REPUBLICAN PARTY.

We have 4 years to work on alternative to what is happening to OUR AMERICA.

Newt Gingrich is by no means a perfect person, but his American Solutions is a movement that Conservatives can rally around, not giving another dime to either major party.
    I agree. As a life long registered republican, I voted third party in hopes many would follow suit. Somehow we have to send a message to the republican party, that we will no longer accept a candidate in the likeness of John McCain; a demo hiding in republican clothing.

mkeltec wrote:

"Well this has been in the works since Daddy Bush... The Bush family earned all their wealth from money laundering for the Nazi's during WWII."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,100474,00.html

http://www.commondreams.org/views03/1006-08.htm

Just do an internet search on Prescott Bush and his ties to the Nazi war machine, Rove's family as well. My 90 year old mother was the first to tell me about this, as she lived through it, and she does not have the benefit of the internet as you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Dianne
    Newt Gingrich is by no means a perfect person, but his American Solutions is a movement that Conservatives can rally around, not giving another dime to either major party.
    I agree. As a life long registered republican, I voted third party in hopes many would follow suit. Somehow we have to send a message to the republican party, that we will no longer accept a candidate in the likeness of John McCain; a demo hiding in republican clothing.

I wish we had a system for national referendums. BOTH traitorous parties (Republicans and Democrats) have written the "rules" to basically neuter any third party candidates. As George Washington feared, we are no longer a country of the people but of the parties. I believe it should be mandatory that if a candidate is on the ballet, they should automatically be participating in ALL debates. I believe the media should not be ALLOWED to "report" the results of ANY POLLS AS TO WHO IS AHEAD!!!! It is human nature to want to vote for the "winner" therefore it strongly influences the outcome of an election and gives us the lack of quality we currently have in our government. I also, despite the bickering it may cause, believe that the president and vice president should be returned to the original 1st and second place system. When our country was founded, the constitution had said that whoever received the most votes became president and whoever received the second most votes became VP. A number of amendments have altered this format constitutionally, but I think the individual parties should adhere to it. We then would have had an Obama-Clinton ticket and a McCain-Romney ticket.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The way forward

It would be a shame to have to scrap the GOP and RNC, given their considerable resources and name recognition, but I'm afraid that's what we'll have to do if we hope to stymie Democratic gains in the forseeable future. Like it or not, the party leaders are the main problem, and until we either replace this leadership, or develop another entity as the conservative focal point, there's not much hope for any short term gains or benefits to America's Citizens. Indeed, the GOP is on record as grooming Indiana's Mike Pence and others of his ilk (i.e. Kay Bailey Hutchison, etc,,,) for leadership positions, and perhaps even a candidacy. Like it or not, Republican voters saw little benefit in voting for any of the candidates, even the third party candidates. To coin a phrase, conservative Republican's and Independents "stayed home in droves". I worked as an elections clerk in my predominantly Republican precinct on November 4th., and turnout was pathetic. Fewer than 500 voters all day, in a precinct with thousands of registered Republican voters, Early voting counts were likewise abysmal. Zogby polling indicates that there were (contrary to the MSM and Republican leaders) no trends to indicate that any particular demographic was particularly helpful in the Obama win, rather it was apparently the absence of Republican voters that accounted for Senator Obama's win. Arguably, Alipac and other organizations efforts, while effective, resulted in many pro-enforcement Republicans being thrown under the bus along with Senator McCain. Certainly we made a statement, but I'm not certain what we said has been any help at all in advancing our goals. Several polling companies are issuing conflicting research over the Democrats victory, but one fact appears to be universal in all the "research and analysis", that being that the majority of those voting for Obama, also support securing our borders, enforcing our immigration laws, and reducing immigration inflows. These are the issues we should rally around, and these are the issues that we must drive home to both Party's and their candidates. Obama is already back sliding on numerous of his campaign promises, taxes, oil drilling, lobbyists, Democratic Elites and Power Brokers working in his administration, in fact, with the choice of Rahm Emanuel as COS, the Obama administration promises to be one of the most partisan, divisive presidencies ever. Ideally, Republicans will "turn out" GOP and RNC leadership, and begin rebuilding the party infrastructure with grass roots conservatives who will shun the "old ways" of doing party business. Otherwise, Republican voters should consider formulating a more independent, inclusive national umbrella organization as a means of taking back control of our government.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast