Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Same here Diggers.. As a registered republican, I felt if I voted for McCain that I was condoning his lack of conservative principals. I'm proud of myself and very satisfied that I did not sell my soul to the devil, I did vote for the candidate who represented my conservative values; not the lying bas tards crammed down my throat by the demos and repubs/

Re: War In The GOP & John McCain's Blame Game

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    The GOP lost any real chance of retaining the White House the day John McCain won the primary. Due to election dynamics. . .
    Speaking of election dynamics, IMHO, I think one of the reasons McAmnesty got the nomination is because in some states, Democrats and Independents were allowed to vote in Republican primaries. This makes completely no sense to me!!!

Why are people who are not members of a political party allowed to pick that party's nominee???

Had this not been the practice, I have a feeling Republicans would have had a better candidate, such as Romney.
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by DiggersRealm
    Quote Originally Posted by SicNTiredInSoCal
    It irritates me when people don't vote. I certainly understand thier reasons for it, but in my opinion if you don't vote-its kind of like being a dead weight. It doesn't help anything.
    The sad thing is I caught flak for announcing that I would be voting third party - Baldwin - from all the GOPers out in the Blogosphere. They were more hateful and angry that I wasn't voting for McCain than if I had announced that I wasn't voting at all.
    Same here, Digger. I have no regrets for voting for Chuck Baldwin-proud of it as a matter of fact.

Believe me, I waivered, I literally sat in front of the computer with the ballot on my lap and watched the whole 3rd party debate between Nader and Baldwin. That did it for me - I cast my vote for Baldwin and never looked back...
    If anything good comes out of this election as far as myself is concerned, it taught me a lot!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

There seems to be quite a bit of interest in this article. At the time of this post, 48 hours after initial release, it has been read over 8624 times here at alipac.

Also, lots of high five emails coming in too.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by patbrunz
    Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    The GOP lost any real chance of retaining the White House the day John McCain won the primary. Due to election dynamics. . .
    Speaking of election dynamics, IMHO, I think one of the reasons McAmnesty got the nomination is because in some states, Democrats and Independents were allowed to vote in Republican primaries. This makes completely no sense to me!!!

Why are people who are not members of a political party allowed to pick that party's nominee???

Had this not been the practice, I have a feeling Republicans would have had a better candidate, such as Romney.
    I fully agree 100%. But then again, I am against primaries as a whole. As a matter of fact, I agree with George Washington that political parties have stolen the power from the people and should not even be permitted to exist. I feel, as I have stated before, all people on the ballot should be in all debates. I feel that parties should be eliminated. I feel that there should be a national referendum procedure to pass laws our congress will not. And I feel it should be a FELONY with at least 20 years behind bars for the media to broadcast or print poll results or to announce who they feel is winning a race. On election day ALL candidates should be on a level playing field with only the issues to be taken into consideration, not stopping the enemy or voting for a "winner". I feel ALL early voting should be eliminated, you have to vote on election day!!!! The ONLY exceptions will be for Military (who's ballots get counted FIRST) and for those who HAVE to be out of town. For the latter a compelling reason must be given as to WHY they can not postpone the trip. Then and only then will we have fair elections. Until then the whole process is a joke and an exercise in futility.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I desperately wanted to vote for a third party candidate after Duncan Hunter and Tancredo bailed out but after reading the Constitution Party's platform I felt that it was way too evangelical in it's stances. I happen to be an evangelical Christian myself but after 30 plus years of public school education and watching the horrible movie trailers I see on TV, I also know (just from being in public), that there aren't enough evangelical Christians to turn the Titanic 180 degrees!
    What has been done to us, was done in small increments, and it must be turned back in small increments. I tried to tell this to the Constitution Party but only once did I ever get to speak with someone, and he agreed with me. I emailed the party headquarters MANY times, and I had even volunteered to register people, but I never heard back, except for pleas for money. I guess they were hoping for a miracle, because that is what it would have been!
    <div>All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men and women do nothing!</div>

Patrioticpatti wrote:
    I also know (just from being in public), that there aren't enough evangelical Christians to turn the Titanic 180 degrees!
    What has been done to us, was done in small increments, and it must be turned back in small increments.
    That is a profound assessment, except you forgot the qualifier "true" in your description of evangelical Christians. By and large, today's evangelical became the heretic of yesteryear once liberalism began seducing the church.

Until now I would agree with your analysis that the needed change will have to come in small increments. At this stage however, I believe once the masses begin to awaken to what they themselves have wrought through complacency and greed there will be a ground swell rushing to the right for solace and support. Now is the time to prepare for their arrival and lay the groundwork for a strong third party. If you wait, the Republicans will simply seduce them into their ranks with the same false promises and lies.

I guess they were hoping for a miracle, because that is what it would have been!
    Let's consider the possibilities and work to bring that miracle to fruition, unless of course you see a more viable party to resurrect the goodness that this nation once represented, and get us back on the path of sound Constitutional government. I'm willing to bet that there are (a few) sitting members of Congress that will separate from their party loyalties and step away from big money politics to join in a growing Constitutional movement.

I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who thinks this is a good idea, and would be willing to work alongside my ALIPAC brothers and sisters to strengthen the Constitutional Party. Feel free to PM me if you like and we can discuss it.

For the record, I am still an Independent and have not joined any party. This is a topic for discussion only at this point, but it is one worthy of discussion. There will never be a better time to get behind a third party as now! If everyone keeps stalling it will never happen, and no party ever started out strong enough to win.

Had this not been the practice, I have a feeling Republicans would have had a better candidate, such as Romney.[/quote]

I fully agree 100%. But then again, I am against primaries as a whole. As a matter of fact, I agree with George Washington that political parties have stolen the power from the people and should not even be permitted to exist. I feel, as I have stated before, all people on the ballot should be in all debates. I feel that parties should be eliminated. I feel that there should be a national referendum procedure to pass laws our congress will not. And I feel it should be a FELONY with at least 20 years behind bars for the media to broadcast or print poll results or to announce who they feel is winning a race. On election day ALL candidates should be on a level playing field with only the issues to be taken into consideration, not stopping the enemy or voting for a "winner". I feel ALL early voting should be eliminated, you have to vote on election day!!!! The ONLY exceptions will be for Military (who's ballots get counted FIRST) and for those who HAVE to be out of town. For the latter a compelling reason must be given as to WHY they can not postpone the trip. Then and only then will we have fair elections. Until then the whole process is a joke and an exercise in futility.[/quote]

I think all the states should have the same voting ways and rights. This last 12 years of voting has been ridiculous! We live in a time of instant knowledge. These old ways were ok when it took about a week to correspond. Now though states need to update and take the confusion out of voting all these different ways.
    NO VOTING MACHINES ALLOWED!!!!
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

If we want better candidates in the future, we need to reform elections so Dems and Repubs can't vote in either's primaries. Also, it needs to be easier for a third party to get on the ballot- we need to eliminate the stranglehold the Dems & Repubs have on the system.
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by tiredofapathy
    Patrioticpatti wrote:
    I also know (just from being in public), that there aren't enough evangelical Christians to turn the Titanic 180 degrees!
    What has been done to us, was done in small increments, and it must be turned back in small increments.
    That is a profound assessment, except you forgot the qualifier "true" in your description of evangelical Christians. By and large, today's evangelical became the heretic of yesteryear once liberalism began seducing the church.

Until now I would agree with your analysis that the needed change will have to come in small increments. At this stage however, I believe once the masses begin to awaken to what they themselves have wrought through complacency and greed there will be a ground swell rushing to the right for solace and support. Now is the time to prepare for their arrival and lay the groundwork for a strong third party. If you wait, the Republicans will simply seduce them into their ranks with the same false promises and lies.

There should have been a tsunami rushing to the right THIS time if they were half awake! Too many are just too busy trying to make ends meet, and the rest are too busy watching American Idol to even pay attention. I felt like Paul Revere in my own family, only no one turned on their lights!

Let's consider the possibilities and work to bring that miracle to fruition, unless of course you see a more viable party to resurrect the goodness that this nation once represented, and get us back on the path of sound Constitutional government. I'm willing to bet that there are (a few) sitting members of Congress that will separate from their party loyalties and step away from big money politics to join in a growing Constitutional movement.

I tried to convince some senators whom I felt voted their conscience, but they never replied. It has to be a huge group of people who plead with one voice if it is ever going to happen!
    <div>All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men and women do nothing!</div>

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast