Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    bttt

April
    We can do this! Lets hit it hard tomorrow!

We need the phones in all 435 offices of U.S. Representatives to be ringing all day in vehement opposition to what is being proposed by Rep. Gutierrez (D-IL) and Rep. Flake (R-AZ).

U.S. House switchboard:
    (202) 225-3121

Or

Contact your Representative Directly
    http://www.house.gov/writerep/

TALKING POINTS
    Roy Beck at Numbers USA

Always be polite to the staffers taking the call. They will be much more likely to convey your position accurately if you treat them with respect.

Don't take too much time. Make a couple of notes about what you are going to say before you call and keep your comments simple and quick.

Here are some key points from which to choose:

1. I'm calling about the big amnesty bill that the media say will be introduced today by Congressmen Flake and Gutierrez (goo - tea - air - ez).

2. I urge Rep. xmxmxmx to keep his/her name off the co-sponsorship list. You don't want to get labeled as an amnesty supporter in our District.

3. It sounds like Flake and Gutierrez are trying to trick people into supporting it with some silly things about illegal aliens stepping across the border before coming back and being rewarded with a path to U.S. citizenship.

4. Nothing that provides a path to citizenship for illegal aliens should be supported.

5. Provide your own reasons

Banned
    Hit these guys hard:

I found an analysis of Democrats that either won because of Republican scandals or for other reasons in Republican or leaning Republican Districts in 2006. Many had been in strongly Republican Districts. They maybe the most vulnerable of all:

Tim Mahoney FL 16th District (Mark Foley’s seat)

Harry Mitchell, AZ., 5th

Gabrielle Giffords, AZ 8th

Nancy Boyda Kansas, 2nd

John Yarmouth, Kentucky, 3rd

Tim Walz, Minnesota, 1st

Carol Shea-Porter, NH 1st

Paul Hodes, NH 2nd

John Hall, NY, 19th

Kirsten Gillibrand, NY, 20th

Mike Acuri, NY, 24th

Heath Schuler, NC, 11th

Zack Space, Ohio, 18th

Jason Altmire, PA, 4th

Joe Sestak, PA, 7th

Chris Carney, PA, 10th

Nick Lampson, TX, 16th (Delay’s seat)

Steve Kagen, WI, 8th

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Sta ... ions,_2006

Notice that everything we might find good in this bill is "subject to appropriations." Now after the fence lie and the killing funds for the troops, they believe we'll buy that?

If funds get pulled on items that benefit the invasion the United States is relieved of compliance duties and aliens benefit by default.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    loservillelabor wrote:
    Now after the fence lie and the killing funds for the troops, they believe we'll buy that?

Why would we trust them with anything after killing funds for the troops???

Thanks everyone for all the efforts!

Keep it up and let 'em hear from you tomorrow, and the next day, and the day after that, etc. !!!! We CAN do it!
    Don't underestimate yourselves, your fellow citizens and groups such as ALIPAC.

Olivermyboy, et al:

Thanks for the DREAM Act summary by Kobach. (In case that name looks familiar to some of you, it is because he is one of the cooperating counsel for Lou Barletta in Hazelton PA - and has also advised folks in Maricopa county AZ, and has been visible in other legal efforts aimed at dealing with illegal immigration).

I haven't seen that before, but I was relieved to learn that there was some agreement between his and my points (from above). Whew, what a relief!

Also, re: Sessions... yeah, I think we were hearing some contradictory sounding reports of late, but, I have been assured from high level staffers in his office that his position continues to be the same as it was last year.

Until there is hard evidence that his position has changed, it is my belief that we should continue to support and believe in his position. He has been a great friend of our cause. God bless him - at least he (or his staff) actually took the time to read the entire S2611 last year - a person doesn't do that if they don't care.

Please do give a quick call of support if you can.
    His staffers are nice and I know they'd appreciate the support.

Re: Economic and population impact of this... I haven't had the time to consider that yet. But, I think that with any luck (and maybe a polite reminder or prodding?) that the larger organizations with a dedicated research staff and adequate resources will step up and do some looking into those aspects of the bill (CIS, FAIR, Heritage Foundation - remember the efforts of Robert Rector from last year?, etc)

Oh one final note about the DREAM Act - and this has it's base in my own personal experience - it is entirely possible that with the DREAM act illegals can receive in-state tuition at any university.

Whereas, in the case of a legal US citizen, that may move into a new state, and then try to attend a university shortly thereafter (typically within about 3-6 months), they can and probably WILL be denied in-state tuition.

This is because most universities don't recognize a newly moved person until that person has resided in the state for something like 6 to 12 months.

So, legal, law-abiding US citizens could be paying out-of-state tuition, while illegal foreign nationals could be getting in-state tuition.

It's not just 1 wrong, it's a double-whammy - it's 2 wrongs - just the reverse of how things should be!!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

STOP! Tell them STOP!!

They've gone far enough - this piece of legislation is the LAST STRAW.
    They've shown their true incompetent colors!

They've proven that not only can't they ENFORCE LAWS that they've already made, they try to cover that up by making more of a mess. Well, that's not going to fly this time!

It's their fault that the IMMIGRATION LAWS are NOT being ENFORCED and now they can't go another step further. We will not tolerate any further screw ups by them. They need to clean up the mess they've already created.

Our immigration system is NOT BROKEN --------- it's merely NOT BEING ENFORCED.

NO more legislation! They have just proven that they are not capable of making legislation that benefits AMERICANS nor are they capable of enforcing the laws that they have previously made.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The Government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a happy appetite at one end and no responsibility at the other----Ronald Reagan

HR1314 Must be STOPPED How can they be so stupid!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    When you call Reps' offices, ask them what this is going to cost!!

We all know what happened last summer with the Senate amnesty bill. They passed the bill, AND THEN they went ahead and did a cost analysis. And, the cost analysis was only based on about 11 million people getting amnesty - it did not project costs for the likely 30 million who are here, and it did not include the long-term costs for entitlements that would be granted after a person becomes a citizen and is able to bring in their entire family. (it only projected costs out through the period before anyone could attain citizenship)

This THING will cost TRILLIONS OF DOLLARS.

Ask the Reps how we could possibly afford such a massive entitlement bill when we have a $8.7 trillion national debt, and astronomical trade and budget deficits.

The "NEW DEMOCRATIC CONGRESS" has been insisting that they want to follow PAYGO rules - which from my understanding means that they have to figure out how to fund legislation, either by reducing other parts of the federal budget or by raising taxes. If they are serious about following PAYGO rules, this bill cannot be passed without dramatically increasing taxes and our national debt!

How can we possibly support such a massive entitlement bill without exploding the bank and our wallets?????

This bill is an insane piece of garbage intended to force American citizens to provide for a large segment of Mexico's population who are already here illegally as well as the 400,000 who would come in each year as guest workers. And, this is a piece of legislation that will facilitate a merger with Mexico.

Those who concocted such garbage should be tarred and feathered in the public square!

Look in the center of this bill, there is a lot of North American union stuff. That same stuff was on the spp.gov site. Also to a north American community report. This is real my friends, in it will not only cost us a trillion but tens of trillions of dollars.
    <div>DEFEAT BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA THE COMMIE FOR FREEDOM!!!!</div>

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast